This is not news, but it is genuinely shocking to watch Jeff Green!

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from wicksandrowe. Show wicksandrowe's posts

This is not news, but it is genuinely shocking to watch Jeff Green!

Go to your replay button and check the last few minutes of the 3rd quarter of the Suns game.

And watch Green only.

Holy cow! At that rate of interest and exertion, this "professional athlete" could be playing at 85 and not miss a beat.

2. This post has been removed.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from wicksandrowe. Show wicksandrowe's posts

Re: This is not news, but it is genuinely shocking to watch Jeff Green!

End of Suns game. One of thousands of examples of why Jeff Green just doesn't have it.

Last shot by Rondo (admittedly bad), offensive rebound by Sullinger, put-back by Sullinger, defensive rebound by Gerald Green.

Throughout the sequence Jeff Green stood slowly backpedaling nearly to half-court. Gerald Green checked that Green wasn't the least concerned with getting into the play.

So Green tracked down the miss. And Jeff Green watched it all from near half-court down 3 with 5-8 seconds to play 

Oh, and so did Bass... except he was standing all the while on the corner three-point line?

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheBigTicket05. Show TheBigTicket05's posts

In response to mellymel2's comment:

In response to wicksandrowe's comment:

Go to your replay button and check the last few minutes of the 3rd quarter of the Suns game.

And watch Green only.

Holy cow! At that rate of interest and exertion, this "professional athlete" could be playing at 85 and not miss a beat.

I'm not surprised...GREEN SUCKS!!!

hayward is suckier!

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from aciemvp. Show aciemvp's posts

End of Suns game. One of thousands of examples of why Jeff Green just doesn't have it.

Last shot by Rondo (admittedly bad), offensive rebound by Sullinger, put-back by Sullinger, defensive rebound by Gerald Green.

Throughout the sequence Jeff Green stood slowly backpedaling nearly to half-court. Gerald Green checked that Green wasn't the least concerned with getting into the play.

So Green tracked down the miss. And Jeff Green watched it all from near half-court down 3 with 5-8 seconds to play 

Oh, and so did Bass... except he was standing all the while on the corner three-point line?

green + bass basketball IQ would still land you in the moron level for a combined b-ball acumen.  what happened to the c's was that doc rivers became greater than the team, so we had to get rid of a good basketball IQ guy in davis, who, yes, had his problems, but take on bass, a piece of nba driftwood.......

and then instead of just letting perkins WALK like the stiff that he was, we had to not only take ON jeff green but then resign him for asinine money when he had not played one second coming off of heart surgery.

it's too bad that they could not put any heart into green regarding playing the game.

these are the types of personnel decisions, along with the handling of rondo FROM THE FIRST SECOND that make me believe that ainge is an idiot of a GM.  seattle and minny were hot to get rid of their aging stars who were taking them nowhere.  i don't think it took a MENSA guy to pull the big 3 together. 

not much besides that has been done right.  or not enough i should say

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from futbal. Show futbal's posts

Jeff was terrible in the hustle department; fans like us usually b i t ch way too much about the players since nobody, not even a pro, is perfect or even consistent at all times. But Jeff's lack of heart (no pun intended) is truly galling...this guy is a write off and Danny should move him for 2 second round picks if he can even get that. Much rather see Wallace at least hustling; bring back Paul next year and between him and Wallace we'll have 2 guys that are worth watching and cheering for at the 3 spot.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from greenkiller. Show greenkiller's posts

But but but but he's James Worthy according to Fungy...

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from 37stories. Show 37stories's posts

In response to aciemvp's comment:

green + bass basketball IQ would still land you in the moron level for a combined b-ball acumen.  what happened to the c's was that doc rivers became greater than the team, so we had to get rid of a good basketball IQ guy in davis, who, yes, had his problems, but take on bass, a piece of nba driftwood.......

and then instead of just letting perkins WALK like the stiff that he was, we had to not only take ON jeff green but then resign him for asinine money when he had not played one second coming off of heart surgery.

it's too bad that they could not put any heart into green regarding playing the game.

these are the types of personnel decisions, along with the handling of rondo FROM THE FIRST SECOND that make me believe that ainge is an idiot of a GM.  seattle and minny were hot to get rid of their aging stars who were taking them nowhere.  i don't think it took a MENSA guy to pull the big 3 together. 

^ The only guy left in the world that misses Davis.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from hedleylamarr. Show hedleylamarr's posts

I'd take Sully, Oly OR Bass over fat body Davis!

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from aciemvp. Show aciemvp's posts

In response to 37stories' comment:

you got me wrong.  davis is nothing on anything but a championship team as a 6th-7th man....

however, given the choice b/t davis and bass, it's extremely clear that danny ainge made the wrong choice.  the simple fact of the matter is that doc rivers demanded davis be sent out of town and we sacrificed talent level to appease OUR "COACH", not for the "good of the team".

am i right or wrong?  i say right out front that davis had his issues but bass is f-in terrible.  looks like he's having a seizure most of the time he plays on offense and "turning his head" (the wrong way) has been his career long best known move on D

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from 37stories. Show 37stories's posts

you got me wrong.  davis is nothing on anything but a championship team as a 6th-7th man....

however, given the choice b/t davis and bass, it's extremely clear that danny ainge made the wrong choice.  the simple fact of the matter is that doc rivers demanded davis be sent out of town and we sacrificed talent level to appease OUR "COACH", not for the "good of the team".

am i right or wrong?  i say right out front that davis had his issues but bass is f-in terrible.  looks like he's having a seizure most of the time he plays on offense and "turning his head" (the wrong way) has been his career long best known move on D

I think they are both average players that don't make a difference to any team.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from shines01. Show shines01's posts

maybe we should have traded Greens:  Jeff for Gerald

I can't believe I just posted a "trade couldda-shouldda-wouldda"...I must need psychiatric attention

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from aciemvp. Show aciemvp's posts

I think they are both average players that don't make a difference to any team.

in a way, yes.  but that's over-simplified.  to be fair to bass, doc's terrible repoire with big men led him to have an entire season (the "don't post up and draw fouls any more" season) of ball that was so terrible i wanted to harm myself watching him play.

but davis was, in his mediocrity, an outstanding help defense player for us and despite everyone's moanings about him / infatuations with deep bombing sullinger, a decent offensive player who was still improving when he was dumped. 

you cannot say that about bass.  by the numbers and by what you see on the court, bass stagnated after his breakout year with dallas and never achieved better PER efficiencies since then.  how he looked attractive to the C's is a testament to how much doc's emotions ran the team rather than meritocracy.

mark my words- davis, now that he's bought out of tanko-maniac orlando, WILL be snapped up by a contender and will produce meaningfully, whereas bass went through the trade deadline with an identical book number and you couldn't give him away.

so there's mediocre who people want as 6th man / hustle team D guy and then there's bass, who produced mediocre stats my jamming pitchforks into your eyes with his form on offense and horrible footwork on D.  two different worlds

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from chris33. Show chris33's posts

I call Jeff Green, "Mr. October."

Because he plays every game like it's preseason.

Green and Bass are just two millionaires collecting a pay check.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from BostonTrollSpanker. Show BostonTrollSpanker's posts

"mark my words- davis, now that he's bought out of tanko-maniac orlando, WILL be snapped up by a contender and will produce meaningfully, whereas bass went through the trade deadline with an identical book number and you couldn't give him away."

No, you couldn't give him away - because he is under contract! Ainge wasn't looking to give anyone away. Orlando wasn't able to trade Davis any more than Boston was able to trade Bass. Neither guy was a desirable asset. Now that Davis is not under contract and can sign for peanuts, a few teams should show interest. 

I would tend to agree that Davis is a better big game player than Bass. You neglected to mention Davis' weight problems which are quite likely to cut short his NBA career. 

Bass versus Davis is not a real exciting debate. But let's see if Davis performs on a contender as you say. 

Meantime Jeff Green continues to amaze with his amazing inconsistency. 

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from passfirst. Show passfirst's posts

After watching Green drift in and out of the game again tonight I realized there's not much distance between him and Wallace, and Wallace with his contract is the worst.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from chris33. Show chris33's posts

In response to passfirst's comment:

After watching Green drift in and out of the game again tonight I realized there's not much distance between him and Wallace, and Wallace with his contract is the worst.

Wallace is too cool for school.

18. This post has been removed.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheBigTicket05. Show TheBigTicket05's posts

In response to Mployee8's comment:

Green's eratic play can be blamed on Stevens. Brad sat Green for 7 minutes after a quick start in the first qtr. So then Green comes back the next quarter and has to get his rhythm back. Same thing in second half ... descent stats for the game but Brad doesn't let him go when he's on a roll. No deviation of his minutes despite needing him to stay in a groove and maintain his offensive game ... Chalk it up to Brad Tanking with Dignity.

+ 1

thats what I've seen either. 

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from wicksandrowe. Show wicksandrowe's posts

This 21 point game against the Lakers might look good to some people, but it was an empty 21.

First, Green's plus/minus was -17. You could actually track it happening.

Next, despite being 6'9", good legs, long arms, big hands, Green has no innate desire to rebound the ball. He got 3 rebounds in 32 minutes. Better than some nights, actually, but that's a rebound every 11 minutes - Rondo got twice as many - Sullinger got 4x as many playing fewer minutes. 

He shot two free-throws, two. He's turning into Garnett in that department. How a guy with that size can't post anyone up is beyond me. How a purported slashing, athletic forward can't draw fouls on defenders is way beyond my ability to understand.

Most damning, though, is that he went out in the third quarter Celtics up 3. While on the bench, Celts go up 11 by end of the quarter.

Green comes back in for the fourth quarter, goes 1-5, can't guard anyone he's assigned, namely Brooks or Bazemore, makes no contribution at all, and Celts get steamrollered by 19-20 points.

But what about that 21 points on 8-17 shooting you say?

I say that somebody on a crappy team has to score 15-20 points, and that's Jeff Green. But it certainly doesn't make him a winning player, only one that you could hide on a much better team. 

Sections
Shortcuts