This is Not on the Defense

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from P34. Show P34's posts

This is Not on the Defense

Can't put the blame on the defense against the Sixers. Most of the Sixer points came from jump shots. The problem is KG is not rising up to the challenge the last 2 games. When the Celts won 5 straight KG was averaging a double-double and was shooting well above 50%.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from CelticFanLA. Show CelticFanLA's posts

Re: This is Not on the Defense

KG is taking too many jump shots, he seems to forget that he is a very good post player.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Karllost. Show Karllost's posts

KG been taking the same jump shots all season..and doing fine.  Hes just missing is all. 

Same deal with Ray.. he had pretty good looks tonight but is just missing.

Cant blame them for taking their shots... they should

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from P34. Show P34's posts

In Response to Re: This is Not on the Defense:
    [QUOTE]KG is taking too many jump shots, he seems to forget that he is a very good post player.
    Posted by CelticFanLA[/QUOTE]

That's the story of his career. 

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from P34. Show P34's posts

[QUOTE]KG been taking the same jump shots all season..and doing fine.  Hes just missing is all.  Same deal with Ray.. he had pretty good looks tonight but is just missing. Cant blame them for taking their shots... they should
    Posted by Karllost[/QUOTE]

I can understand Ray struggling because shooters have off nights. But KG settling exclusively for jump shots is not good. It's not like KG doesn't have the moves inside.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

The big three was awful.  I counted many shots that rimmed out but the team is so lethargic we are not going to see improvement until we get some players back.

The West and Shaq injuries are so vague and change day by day it is maddening for a fan. Doc must be ready to quit.  What the happened with West?  Is he having other problems that have nothing to do with his wrist or ankle?  This guy is not going to be game ready with the way this season is going.  

This uncertainty is really hurting us.  I see the Bucks as another trouble game and they will be loaded for bear..  

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from OneOnOne. Show OneOnOne's posts

For one thing Pierce has got to get more than 7 shots.  4-7 isn't going to cut it.  We had 5 guys that 11 shots or more. He did have 7 rebounds and 5 assists, but I think he needs to start looking for his shot more.  Rondo spends 12-16 seconds each shot clock looking to catch Ray on a curl, then if Ray can't get open we are forced to take a difficult shot.  We are so predictable.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Celtsfan4life. Show Celtsfan4life's posts

KG did go inside and try to hit from short a couple of times but he actually clanged the ball off the backboard.  It tells me he had little to no lift and was just not confident in going up strong.   He's just out of rhythm and perhaps has tired legs or not confident.  Happens when you're missing.   

The difference between our plays working and not working is moving with energy (fast) and hitting the shots.  Both of these things are not working for us and I think as someone noted above - the starters are a little worn down right now.

Bad news - no rest for the weary as our schedule is not easy with games every other night and a couple of back to backs....against tough teams.  We have away games at SA, Chicago, Miami, Atlanta, Indiana, New Orleans, and New York plus home games against New York and Philly game to go.  Chicago, Miami, and Knicks are at the end of the season when Doc will be trying to reduce the starters minutes but will need the wins.  

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from paulbrr7. Show paulbrr7's posts

Fatigue!!!!

The starting 4 are tired, all these injuries have taken there toll on them. I've been saying this all year that all these minutes will catch up to them, and it has. The answer needs to be let the bench play more minutes in the 2nd and third quarters. Win or lose that is what needs to happen, because winning the east will mean nothing if this team is burnt out.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Celtsfan4life. Show Celtsfan4life's posts

Paulbrr7, I think you're right about them being tired right now.  However, we've not had much of a bench all year.  Injuries have caused this problem.  Ican criticize Doc for not giving Wafer more minutes but other than that, he's had no real ability to sub the other players.  He had no backup for Pierce that was consistent (Quis was inconsistent and then injured).  Bradley is a waste.  Semih was hurt every other game.  Shaq's been out what seems like forever.  JON was out more than Shaq.  West has played, what, 6 games total????  BBD is now hurt, as well.   Nate was missing everything, making dumb plays, and a defensive liability.

Play the bench more minutes?  Other than Wafer - no way to do that and build up the number of wins.  He started that tonight but up until the last week, the bench was giving away the games. 

So, Doc has had little choice until Danny made the trades/buyout pickups.  This is a string of bad luck.  I believe the starters will get a lot of rest in the last few weeks and we'll lose the Eastern Conf home court advantage to Chicago.  But, Doc knows that health is the top goal for a veteran team and he showed it last year.   He had them healthy for the playoff run and it worked.  This year, they held Shaq out and West out and KG earlier this year......because they want them all healthy at the end.  

Other than giving Wafer more minutes, I don't see much else Doc could have done.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from mem17. Show mem17's posts

I agree with the 2 last posts. The Big 3 are tired, but Doc has been in a tough spot with all of the injuries playing the Big 3 all season more minutes than they should play due to their age. I don't have the answer. All we can really hope for is that the guys on the injured list get back ASAP.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from jdm894g. Show jdm894g's posts

They had no business losing to Clippers on two days rest!!!  That was plenty of time to rest.  Im not buying the tired excuse!!!

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from jerrycole. Show jerrycole's posts

jdm894g, the comments above refer to the kind of tiredness that is the result of a long cumulative effect.  That's not something that goes away just because you get two days rest.  Very few here have ever had to battle the fatigue associated with playing starter minutes for 3/4 of a season.  And the Big Three are doing it while in their 30's.

The NBA season is a long grind.  Very few teams get though it without hitting the wall at some point.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from kyceltic. Show kyceltic's posts

If not for Krstic and Green, we would have lost by 30. Ray couldn't hit, Kg had no lift, and pierce looked old and clumsy. Rondo played good tonight, if just one of the big three had a good game, we win this one!!  I hope it's more to do with being tired, than age starting to catch up with the big three!!!

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from P34. Show P34's posts

[QUOTE] If not for Krstic and Green, we would have lost by 30. Ray couldn't hit, Kg had no lift, and pierce looked old and clumsy. Rondo played good tonight, if just one of the big three had a good game, we win this one!!  I hope it's more to do with being tired, than age starting to catch up with the big three!!!
    Posted by kyceltic[/QUOTE]

Is that what your "Laker friends" told you?

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from kyceltic. Show kyceltic's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: This is Not on the Defense : Is that what your "Laker friends" told you?
    Posted by P34[/QUOTE]

I did that " old and clumsy" just for you Doink!!!    HAHAHA!!

Go back to Laker universe Clown!!

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from P34. Show P34's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: This is Not on the Defense :  I did that " old and clumsy" just for you Doink!!!    HAHAHA!!  Go back to Laker universe Clown!!

Yeah, I know. Everybody here now knows you love Kobe more than Pierce so it's cool! 

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from kyceltic. Show kyceltic's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: This is Not on the Defense : Yeah, I know. Everybody here now knows you love Kobe more than Pierce so it's cool! 
    Posted by P34[/QUOTE]

I don't love Kobe or pierce, that's your thing!! But you're right, it's cool!!

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from P34. Show P34's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: This is Not on the Defense :  I don't love Kobe or pierce, that's your thing!! But you're right, it's cool!!

"Got to give the guy credit, and he shows not signs of slowing down. I wonder how high he will go?"

Re: Congrats Kobe-6th all tme on the scoring list.

posted at 3/9/2011 1:42 PM EST
    www.boston.com/community/persona.html?UID=3567a792c5f5109ca211f62f3c1b2406&plckUserId=3567a792c5f5109ca211f62f3c1b2406">
    First: 2/12/2006
    Last: 3/12/2011

Got to give the guy credit, and he shows not signs of slowing down. I wonder how high he will go?

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from soups. Show soups's posts

8 of the 76ers first 10 points were scored down low, with absolutely no attempt to stop them.  I get that they're down some big men, but there is no help D on this team right now.  C's lost by 3.  Imo, some of their woes have to do with their low post defense.  Ainge's experiment is a pyrrhic victory at best.  They're barely breaking even.

They're giving up the low game on defense until the bigs get back.  I like Kristic as an offensive player, but he doesn't play bigman defense.  He gambles on every entry pass because his best chance as a defender is to try to prevent the post player from getting the ball. 

But it's also true that Boston was atrocious on offense in the fourth last night.   They went something like 6 minutes without a hoop.  76ers really should have won that game by about 12.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from paulbrr7. Show paulbrr7's posts

[QUOTE]8 of the 76ers first 10 points were scored down low, with absolutely no attempt to stop them.  I get that they're down some big men, but there is no help D on this team right now.  C's lost by 3.  Imo, some of their woes have to do with their low post defense.  Ainge's experiment is a pyrrhic victory at best.  They're barely breaking even. They're giving up the low game on defense until the bigs get back.  I like Kristic as an offensive player, but he doesn't play bigman defense.  He gambles on every entry pass because his best chance as a defender is to try to prevent the post player from getting the ball.  But it's also true that Boston was atrocious on offense in the fourth last night.   They went something like 6 minutes without a hoop.  76ers really should have won that game by about 12.
    Posted by soups[/QUOTE]

Kristic isn't the issue on the defensive end, it comes down to Garnett being the enforcer, Ray and Paul blocking out better and Rondo staying in front of the point guards.  If the big 4 did what they should be doing, then Kristic wouldn't look out of place on the defensive end.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

No Paul it comes down to getting the O'Neal's back. Even one will do.  They don't come back this team will have to score a lot more points.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from BiasLewis. Show BiasLewis's posts

The starters ar GASSED!! When we get guys like Shaq, West and JON out of the suits...well maybe not JON. We will be able to look like a team.

It's time to get the rotation down. If West has anymore setbacks I would go with Arroyo. He's looked like he can hold down the 2nd unit. Enough with the injuries our starters are fading fast.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from paulbrr7. Show paulbrr7's posts

[QUOTE]No Paul it comes down to getting the O'Neal's back. Even one will do.  They don't come back this team will have to score a lot more points.
    Posted by concord27[/QUOTE]

Maybe Shaq, but JON? He hasn't played all year and when he did play it seemed to take forever for him to show anything resembling help. I'm not sure we have the time for him to play into shape especially when Kristic has played so well. As for Shaq he's big clogs the middle and will give Kristic less minutes. But when does he come out to help stop the point and then go back to cover the big? Never! But don't get me wrong we need him, I just don't see him as the end all.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from BiasLewis. Show BiasLewis's posts

We need Murf to show signs that he's ready to contribute. If not we could be looking at JON and Murf not being in the playoff rotation.

Sections
Shortcuts