This is the guy we traded away.

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from GreenaboveGold. Show GreenaboveGold's posts

This is the guy we traded away.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6p0lot1JT6Y

Shaq can learn a few things. You can judge for yourself.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from GreenaboveGold. Show GreenaboveGold's posts

Re: This is the guy we traded away.

we're not gettig that pick unless the clippers do good enought in the season and the pick drops to 11. and we would have won the title if we had that guy that's moving in slow motion on our team.

3. This post has been removed.

4. This post has been removed.

5. This post has been removed.

6. This post has been removed.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from CaptChris. Show CaptChris's posts

In Response to Re: This is the guy we traded away.:
    [QUOTE]Don't forget OKC gave Perk 34.8m for 4 years, that's an average of 8.7m per year. I don't think that kind of salary is worth giving to a player who only averaged 4.2 ppg and 5.0 rpg in last year's playoffs. If Perk is a 4-5m per year player then, yes, the Celts made a mistake letting him go. But 8.7m per year is too much for a Center who's only great on defense. The Celts won in 2008 with Perk as the starting Center, yes. But don't forget PJ Brown and Leon Powe all played well against the Lakers in the Finals that year.
    Posted by Fiercest34[/QUOTE]

Surprise!  Every team in NBA History had a starting Center, when they won the Championship.

Can you name the starting Center on all the Bulls Championships?  A collection of stiffs!  OOPS!

Perkins is an $8.7 million STIFF.  Just like a long line of Championship STIFFS.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from kyceltic. Show kyceltic's posts

Rondo did fine with one arm, and Wade is the best player in the NBA, it was James who hit big shot after big shot against a struggling Paul pierce, that did the Celtics in!!

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Duke4. Show Duke4's posts

wow, the big fella sure has great moves when he is the only guy on the court....!!

10. This post has been removed.

11. This post has been removed.

12. This post has been removed.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from kybested. Show kybested's posts

[QUOTE]Dwyane Wade is the best player in the NBA?  He's not even 1st team All-NBA!

You forgot to mention Wade attempted 58 free-throws against the Celtics. That's 11.6 free-throw attempts per game. Obviously the guy defending Wade had no choice but to foul, otherwise Wade would have scored easily.  

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from kybested. Show kybested's posts

[QUOTE] Rondo did fine with one arm, and Wade is the best player in the NBA, it was James who hit big shot after big shot against a struggling Paul pierce, that did the Celtics in!!
    Posted by kyceltic[/QUOTE]

Ray-Ray gets a free pass just because you say Wade is the NBA's best player?

According to ESPN Lebron James is the #1 ranked player last season.

You sure PP is the sole reason why the Celtics got beat by the Heat? 

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from GreenaboveGold. Show GreenaboveGold's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: This is the guy we traded away. : Not true. Against the Heat, Rondo was playing with one healthy elbow and it was Ray Allen who got burned all the time by Dwyane Wade.
    Even if Rondo was healthy, what are the chances of him, he was gonna give us what perk did. he was gonna do his job as a PG and be Rondo but he's not the one that was gonna Stop lebron from going to the rim. We all knew that Dwade was gonna get his points, you can't expect Allen to stop him. if we had Perk defensing the rim, Wade woul have scored less because even if he got by Ray there woul have been somebody at the rim. Last year every time Wade got to the rim nobody was there to contest him. you might say Jeff green is better than perk and i agree but the point was at that time Perk was better for the celtics than Jeff, he rebounded and blocked shots, things jeff geen can't seem to do.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from GreenaboveGold. Show GreenaboveGold's posts

[QUOTE]Don't forget OKC gave Perk 34.8m for 4 years, that's an average of 8.7m per year. I don't think that kind of salary is worth giving to a player who only averaged 4.2 ppg and 5.0 rpg in last year's playoffs. If Perk is a 4-5m per year player then, yes, the Celts made a mistake letting him go. But 8.7m per year is too much for a Center who's only great on defense. The Celts won in 2008 with Perk as the starting Center, yes. But don't forget PJ Brown and Leon Powe all played well against the Lakers in the Finals that year.
    Let him play out his contract, even if you don't get a talent in return but in the end it's worth it because we still win the title. Being champions always attracts free agents, who says he wasn't gonna come back and play for the nba champs. ven if he doesn't come back, there are a lots of centers out there who would have love to play for us. Yes we had  Leon and PJ back in 2008 but they were healthy. it would have made sense to trade him back then because we could have said we still have powe and Pj brown. Who did we have this year that was healthy? Shaq and Jermaine? how many games combined did they play? We needed perk more than ever because his backups were hurt and then we trade him?

17. This post has been removed.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from GreenaboveGold. Show GreenaboveGold's posts

[QUOTE]wow, the big fella sure has great moves when he is the only guy on the court....!!
    Posted by Duke4[/QUOTE]
    When you try to learn new moves you first practice them by yourself then add defenders, besides we al know he's not an offensive player. that's still an upgrade over Shaq at the time or what we have right now.

19. This post has been removed.

20. This post has been removed.

21. This post has been removed.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from Duke4. Show Duke4's posts

OK "GaG".....I get where you are coming from.....I was a huge Perk fan, although I was disappointed that he didn't progress the way I thought he would....he was very limited but played a huge role IMO (see Cartwright in Chicago)....he was strong and sturdy and an enforcer....could rebound and block shots (although not like I hoped he would)....not enough quickness and lift (see Baby) ....but he was very effective against both Howard and Bynum....I was devastated when I read that Danny had traded him...(as I was when I heard that the Lakers had acquired Gasol)......we might have made a run with the big guy in the lineup....but if we hadn't won it all (and we didn't come close)....then getting Green was a good thing in the long run (if he is as talented as I think...and if he makes the most of it)....anyway....I wish Perk the best in Oklahoma City....especially against the Lakers.....!

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from Gasthoerer. Show Gasthoerer's posts

[QUOTE]We all knew that Dwade was gonna get his points, you can't expect Allen to stop him. if we had Perk defensing the rim, Wade woul have scored less ...Posted by GreenaboveGold[/QUOTE]
    Perk could't stop Wade the years before. And Perk could't stop Dirk, Wade and BAREA last year from going to the rim. Do you really think he could have stopped Wade? Even the Thunder were better with Perk at the bench.

There are always a lot of reasons why a team is losing a series. We lost against Miami cause:
    1)Allen could't stop Wade (but that was expected) and the Refs (sorry for that).
    2)LeBron hit some crazy desperation fade away threes. He did the same against the Bulls but in the finals that lucky shoots didn't fall.
    3)Our bench didn't show up and didn't dominate the second unit of Miami (what was expected)
    4)KG didn't dominate Bosh over the series (which wasn't expected by me but I wished for it)
    5)We didn't dominate at the 5 cause Jon and Shaq were both injured. (As was Perks.)
    6)We didn't dominate at the PG position, where we were supposed to have the biggest advantage (All-Star PG vs. Over the hill veteran).

Pierce did a pretty good job against LeBron (not a great but pretty good). Like mentioned before: Hitting a contested fade away three is not bad defense, just pure luck.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from GreenaboveGold. Show GreenaboveGold's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: This is the guy we traded away. : Um, last year Wade didn't have Lebron and Bosh playing alongside him. You want to talk about 2009-10? The Celts eliminated the Heat in the 1st round in 2010, but Wade averaged 33.2 ppg, shooting 56.4% from the field. In 2010 the Celts still had Perk, right? So there goes your theory that Ray needs Perk to stop Wade from scoring. 
    Last year as in last season. Again Wade is a superstar in the NBA, so he's gona get his point. There's not much Ray can do to stop him. Having a strong presence down low helps when guys are attacking the rim. That year wade averaged 33 ponts per game but how many big shots did he make in key moments? How many times did you see him go to the basket fo an easy dunk in the clutch? imagine him facing last season's celtics team without Center that year, he probably would have scored more than that.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from GreenaboveGold. Show GreenaboveGold's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: This is the guy we traded away. : Perk could't stop Wade the years before. And Perk could't stop Dirk, Wade and BAREA last year from going to the rim. Do you really think he could have stopped Wade? Even the Thunder were better with Perk at the bench. There are always a lot of reasons why a team is losing a series. We lost against Miami cause: 1)Allen could't stop Wade (but that was expected) and the Refs (sorry for that). 2)LeBron hit some crazy desperation fade away threes. He did the same against the Bulls but in the finals that lucky shoots didn't fall. 3)Our bench didn't show up and didn't dominate the second unit of Miami (what was expected) 4)KG didn't dominate Bosh over the series (which wasn't expected by me but I wished for it) 5)We didn't dominate at the 5 cause Jon and Shaq were both injured. (As was Perks.) 6)We didn't dominate at the PG position, where we were supposed to have the biggest advantage (All-Star PG vs. Over the hill veteran). Pierce did a pretty good job against LeBron (not a great but pretty good). Like mentioned before: Hitting a contested fade away three is not bad defense, just pure luck.
    Posted by Gasthoerer[/QUOTE]
    The point is not to say that Perk is gonna stop Wade. Now let me ask you a question. if i gave you the options of having Wade going to te rim at perk or having Wade going at Krstic, one leg Shaq or Jermaine, which scenario do you think would better for your team? Perk on't stop wade from scoring but at least there's someone who's trying to make him work for it. Perk is not gonna stop Dirk because he can't guard quick forwards with shooting a ability. you would put Perk on someone like Shaq or howard because you know their offensive game is limited to under the basket which means that he won't have to get out of his comfort zone. besides, wasn't it Ibaka's job to cover Dirk one on one? As for Barea, he's not the one that will drive to the hoop and dunk on your team, he will shoot more outside shots, and floaters than he will take it to the basket.

Sections
Shortcuts