This is the guy we traded away.

1. This post has been removed.

2. This post has been removed.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from kyceltic. Show kyceltic's posts

Re: This is the guy we traded away.

Wade couldn't punk Dirk, like he did Paul, game one was the turning point in the series. The frozen one averaged 17.8 with Jkidd on him a lot of the time, like i said he hit big shot after big shot with Paul trying to stop him. I think JKidd is about 7 years older and 3" shorter than Paul!!!

4. This post has been removed.

5. This post has been removed.

6. This post has been removed.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from CHEisCHE. Show CHEisCHE's posts

I'm surprised he did not fumbled that 200 pounder and drop in his feet.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Gasthoerer. Show Gasthoerer's posts

In Response to Re: This is the guy we traded away.:
    In Response to Re: This is the guy we traded away. : The point is not to say that Perk is gonna stop Wade. Now let me ask you a question. if i gave you the options of having Wade going to te rim at perk or having Wade going at Krstic, one leg Shaq or Jermaine, which scenario do you think would better for your team? Perk on't stop wade from scoring but at least there's someone who's trying to make him work for it. Perk is not gonna stop Dirk because he can't guard quick forwards with shooting a ability. you would put Perk on someone like Shaq or howard because you know their offensive game is limited to under the basket which means that he won't have to get out of his comfort zone. besides, wasn't it Ibaka's job to cover Dirk one on one? As for Barea, he's not the one that will drive to the hoop and dunk on your team, he will shoot more outside shots, and floaters than he will take it to the basket.
    Posted by GreenaboveGold

Of course Perk should not cover Dirk (or Wade or Barea). But the slow footed Dirk, Marion and the tiny Barea had so many dunks, laypups and floater against the thunder with a statue called Perks on the field it was embarrasing. Do you really think he could cover Rays back against Wade? If so, then we agree do disagree. Even JON with his injuries was better in protecting the rim against driving guards or forwards (due to his lenght and wingspan) then slow motion Perk with short arms.

By the way Barea may not have many dunks, but he was finishing at the rim quite often this Playoffs. His shooting was actually quite bad.

And there was no Shaq of Howard playing against the Cs last season. So no use of Perks only skill (if it even was there after his injury, what I seriously doubt.)

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from slicksteve38. Show slicksteve38's posts

I actually think the C's would have beat Miami last year if Perk was on the team.  Queen James and D-Wade wouldnt drive down the lane all day. Remember how happy Miami was when the Celtics traded Perk away? I know he only scored 5 points and 5 boards a game....that wasnt what mattered.  What was missed was intimidation in the middle....you really got to see how old KG s getting without Perk there to muscle people out of the box.  Dwight Howard HATED playing Perk....One good hard foul to Bosh and you wouldnt have heard from him for the rest of the series.  The C's went soft when they traded Perk away.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from slicksteve38. Show slicksteve38's posts

Fierce your Wade numbers vs Perk and without Perk dont mean anything...thats correlation not causation.  Are you saying Jermain played better D than Perk did in the past?  Besides, it was Bron Bron who benefitted most from Perk being gone. Perk was one of the few players that PHYSICALLY intimidated Lebron...yes we all know James was quicker...could shoot...etc. But we all know when you keep James out of the paint, he is a much more "average" offensive player. 

11. This post has been removed.

12. This post has been removed.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from CASox. Show CASox's posts

In Response to Re: This is the guy we traded away. : When you try to learn new moves you first practice them by yourself then add defenders, besides we al know he's not an offensive player. that's still an upgrade over Shaq at the time or what we have right now.
    Posted by GreenaboveGold

Trust me those are new moves... he doing the same old things as he used to.... at least in this video he scores sometimes... oh right no one is guarding him... that explains it!!

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from aciemvp. Show aciemvp's posts

In Response to This is the guy we traded away.:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6p0lot1JT6Y Shaq can learn a few things. You can judge for yourself.
    Posted by GreenaboveGold

tell ya what- perkins looked TERRIBLE in the post season for OKC.  ibaka did all the heavy lifting at the 4/5.  perkins looked like a statue.

i'd hope he'd start working out and try to get something back for the 30 million he'll make.

but if you know anything about lifting weights, a lot of what perkins is doing is wrong technique wise.  it's great to thrust on the "up" motion but just as important to provide resistance on the way back down instead of letting your arm or leg free fall.  80% or more of perkins' wieght lifting is free fall on the down stroke.

can't these guys get any trainers who know the FIRST THING about anything?  i mean that is SOOOOOO basic.  he'd be jacked huge if he was resisting and controlling on the down stroke of all of these lifts.  instead he powers up and then just dead arm floats the weight back down.  that's dumb.  and so is kendrick but he should have had help from SOMEONE by now at this point of age 26(?) to know how to lift weights halfway right

15. This post has been removed.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from aciemvp. Show aciemvp's posts

In Response to Re: This is the guy we traded away. : If only Perk had 80% more speed and quickness. Ha Ha
    Posted by Fiercest34

that's not the point.  frankly, he could have used more muscle.  his mobility excercises did not look bad technique-wise.

but for cripe sakes if you're in your mid 20's and it's YOUR JOB to be in great shape, don't ya think that someone would tell kendruck "don't just free fall on the down stroke"????????

i mean if he was really lifting the way he (anyone!) should, imagine how much more he'd get out of it.

and perhaps stupid is as stupid does extends into other areas of training.

i don't think there's much he can do to prevent himself being a piece of furniture on that young OKC roster for at least THREE of the last years of his contract.  he's blown out a knee, he was slow before that, we all know the rest of the script for big men with one good knee, been written before. 

vitaly potato lasted about 70 games after he blew out his.  perk doing a little better than that, but by the numbers, and watching him next to ibaka, not much.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from CaptChris. Show CaptChris's posts

Such a Business!  A Gentleman with these career numbers gets a 4 year contract  --  worth $8.7 Million a year.

About 23 minutes a game  --  2.6 FG a game  --  1.3 Foul Shots  --  6.4 Pts.

He gets 6.1 Rebounds  --  1 Assist  --  1.4 Blocks  --  1.7 Turnovers

The only thing that works is his Mouth.  He can lead the league in Technical Fouls at any time.   Surprised

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from DoctorCO. Show DoctorCO's posts

greenabovegold,

I know perk is your "Boy". But Be real. 2008 was not 2011. In 2008 PRE INJURY perk had a great defensive year. He also had players like powe and pj to play center even big baby too. BUT WHAT WAS PERK AFTER THE INJURY. NOT THE SAME PLAYER. Still tough but do you get more positives than negatives with perk. Perk can defend the pick and roll yes....BUT 1 on 1 defense he stinks...REMEMBER dwight howard WHO THE YEAR BEFORE HE DOMINATED DOMINATED HIM..Remember the laker game where bynum dominated him. So compare pick and rold defense to 1 on 1 man on man...THATS A WASH..THERES no big edge with perk. BEcause of perks slow d on man to man players like wade would eat him up because miami would make plays to draw perk out while wade drives...
    PERK WAS NOT BILL RUSSELL...Perk in the playoffs fouled out how many games!!! to many....

PERK...THIS PERK was not the answer...Perk is a avg. rebounder at best WITH NO OFFENSIVE GAME...

Perk in real life is a great person...BUT ON THE COURT...he can do one thing in defense well..but do the + out number the - ???...NOPE.......

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from painter. Show painter's posts

Perk is still a slow guy who can't jump.  Even in a drill, he can't get off a quick shot, anmd still brings the ball down low to be stripped.  He runs with his elbows going farther back than his hands going forward - that's a sure way to counter centrifical force in running.  Throwing weight backward is counterproductive to forward movement.  Look at sprinters; the pull their hands high toward their chins and keep their elbows behind the center of their bodies.  Perkins makes himself slower.  What an athlete....  Good riddance! This will ultimately prove to be a great trade, even if tht means just getting rid of this deluded faux player.

Sections
Shortcuts