This is what Jeff Green can do!

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from hedleylamarr. Show hedleylamarr's posts

Re: This is what Jeff Green can do!

In Response to Re: This is what Jeff Green can do!:
    green blows. that contract will be a albatross
    Posted by jsydla

Hope your other 21 posts contributed more than this!!

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from BCSP. Show BCSP's posts

J. Green 2012-2013 most improved player?

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from aciemvp. Show aciemvp's posts

green looks good doing #3 types of things, looked horrible trying to impersonate a 4.  but i wonder if there is enough "ball" or "touches" to go around.  for green to get rolling, pierce will need to have a major minutes redux, which you think pierce would welcome right about now, gassed as he was last year's playoffs.

but it would be a dramatic minute reduction for pierce, 25-28 mins a game max, in order for green to have a chance to flourish at the 3.  the celts have yet to come anywhere close to managing pierce's minutes like that.  i thought marquis was the guy to help with that when we got him and his minutes never got up there.

we shall see

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from aciemvp. Show aciemvp's posts

J. Green 2012-2013 most improved player?
    Posted by BCSP

wouldn't he have to improve to be a better player than he was at OKC in order to achieve that- so that would be better than 16 and 5 or whatever he did there.  i'd think his chances at league wide most improved player this year will be very very low

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from BostonTrollSpanker. Show BostonTrollSpanker's posts

My current opinion is that Green is talented but soft, but I would just LOVE to be proven wrong about that and see him have an excellent season. If he does, it really improves our chances. 

For the poster stressing out because he isn't signed yet, I don't see any problems there. It'll happen. 

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

Green will win the 'comeback player of the year' award... but not most improved

And you'd think there will be no problem getting 18-20 mins for Green at SF and 10-14 for him at PF this season. A total of around 30 mins is enough to get him 10-12 shots and 12-15 points.

He just needs to play as many mins w/ Rondo as possible.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

Green was soft in OKC... we can only hope that a switch to mostly SF, where he is no softer than Melo or Deng, and the comments he made about his health scare changing his entire outlook on life and knowing what he needs to do on the court now to get the most out of his skills will make us all forget that

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

Pierce remains one of our only players (along with Terry and maybe KG) who can be almost as effective w/o RR on the court as with him.

Avery, Lee, Sully, Green, Bass and Wilcox will all clearly be much better with Rondo at the point instead of a combo-guard like Avery, Terry or Dooling trying to run it with likely the mixed results we saw from KD, House and Nate in past years.

While all 3 of those guards (Avery will eventually phase Dooling out completely, but still) will have more success bringing the ball up with Pierce on the court with them instead of Green. Paul isn't LeBron but he can bring the ball up and is use to iso situations and nothing phases him... but since he's not in his 20's anymore we'd be better off limiting that type of offense to 'Paul now abuses other teams backup SF' instead of the #1 option it was for many years.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from gman101019. Show gman101019's posts

PP is NEVER coming off the bench. So dead that. Hes STILL a better scorer and defender at the 3 than jgreen.

I am not a huge jgreen fan, but thats probably cuz hes been  playing out of position as a 4, where hes been abused by opposing pf through out his career.  Hes been awful defensively opposing 4's posted a 21.6 per against him. Offensively he has a career 13 per. So he was dominated on both ends, when he played pf, which has been his WHOLE career.

I hope playing the 3 spot is the answer becuz we really  have no other choice.

4/36 mill, Wow, not even my money and I somehow feel that I got ripped off.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from BCSP. Show BCSP's posts

Green will win the 'comeback player of the year' award... but not most improved And you'd think there will be no problem getting 18-20 mins for Green at SF and 10-14 for him at PF this season. A total of around 30 mins is enough to get him 10-12 shots and 12-15 points. He just needs to play as many mins w/ Rondo as possible.
    Posted by rameakap

Agreed, playing with Rondo is the key! JG can be effective at PF when opposing teams go to smaller line-ups. 

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from BCSP. Show BCSP's posts

PP is NEVER coming off the bench. So dead that. Hes STILL a better scorer and defender at the 3 than jgreen. I am not a huge jgreen fan, but thats probably cuz hes been  playing out of position as a 4, where hes been abused by opposing pf through out his career.  Hes been awful defensively opposing 4's posted a 21.6 per against him. Offensively he has a career 13 per. So he was dominated on both ends, when he played pf, which has been his WHOLE career. I hope playing the 3 spot is the answer becuz we really  have no other choice. 4/36 mill, Wow, not even my money and I somehow feel that I got ripped off.
    Posted by gman101019

If KG is able to bring out the beast in JG on defense, look out LJ! JG has all of the physical tools to be a great defender!

Sections
Shortcuts