This is Why Rondo Will be Traded

1. This post has been removed.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ortiz123. Show Ortiz123's posts

Re: This is Why Rondo Will be Traded

In response to BirdLewsBias' comment:

The Mavs are eyeing Rondo so they will attract  D12.

If D12 signs with the Mavs, I would expect Ainge to turn up talks with Mavs and Rondo will be heading there  before the summer is over.

Now, what does Dallas have that we would want?

Shane Larkin and OJ Mayo (S&T)

Dallas is in a win now situation similar to Nets and SA...

Rondo makes a lot of sense for them.(Dallas)..Larking is just a trade piece and not an immediate answer...Larkin, Mayo and more pics would seal the deal....That's good compensation for our eccentrict ptg...

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from prakash. Show prakash's posts

In response to RallyC's comment:

For what?  What? WHAT?? WHAT??????  WHAT?????????

How about addition by subtraction. Thats what. He is devisive and is rehabbing an ACL. DA will get whatever he can max out at and then pulll the trigger.

I thought you might say "addition by subtraction."  Just wanted to make sure.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ortiz123. Show Ortiz123's posts

In response to jtkl's comment:

He is far from the whole package..with all due respect...

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ortiz123. Show Ortiz123's posts

In response to Eldunker's comment:

If real, I would trade Rondo for Mayo and Larkin, or preferably, Mayo and 2014 first round pick.    

We will finish near last next year, with or without Rondo anyway.  May as well dump the petulent one while someone wants him and not risk another injury or character issue during the season.  

If he gave Doc fits, can you imagine a new young coach???

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from jtkl. Show jtkl's posts

In response to RallyC's comment:

If he is traded it will be at the midseason or next.  Danny, will only do it for a serious haul.  

"I would say Rondo is the best all-around point guard we have in the league.” -Magic Johnson

"That kid, is unbelievable." -Larry Bird On Rajon Rondo.

"“He is the whole package” - Bob Cousey on Rondo

JTKL, good to see you're coming to your senses! At least your not PROMISING that Rondo won't be traded now. COOL!

Well, that is because I'm not one of those people who ignores facts in favor of his predetermined opinion, like some I could name. As long as we were trying to compete for a title we wern't getting rid of our best player. No way no how, but we are in a full rebuild now.

Which means we have to decide if we should hold on to him and waste a few years of his prime trying to build around him or move him for more assets and insure a good draft pick by making sure we play much worse without our best player...  It is quite possible Danny could go either way. 

If, he does move him, it won't be unless we get a lot in return. So, the price will be high. 

Either way, moved or not it in no way effects his status, as one of the best point guards in the game. 

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from jtkl. Show jtkl's posts

In response to Ortiz123's comment:

[QUOTE]

If he is traded it will be at the midseason or next.  Danny, will only do it for a serious haul.  

"I would say Rondo is the best all-around point guard we have in the league.” -Magic Johnson

"That kid, is unbelievable." -Larry Bird On Rajon Rondo.

"“He is the whole package” - Bob Cousy on Rondo

He is far from the whole package..with all due respect...

[/QUOTE]

Your argument is with bob Cousy then. Who does know a thing or two about point guard play. 

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from chris33. Show chris33's posts

Danny Ainge said last Thursday that he wasn't trying to trade Rajon Rondo, and two league sources backed him up today in the wake of a report that the Celtics president was in discussions with Dallas about his point guard. "The Celtics haven't had any conversations with Dallas about Rondo," said one source. "That's ridiculous. There's no truth to it. What in the world does Dallas have to offer for Rondo?" - Boston Herald

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from jtkl. Show jtkl's posts

In response to chris33's comment:

Danny Ainge said last Thursday that he wasn't trying to trade Rajon Rondo, and two league sources backed him up today in the wake of a report that the Celtics president was in discussions with Dallas about his point guard. "The Celtics haven't had any conversations with Dallas about Rondo," said one source. "That's ridiculous. There's no truth to it. What in the world does Dallas have to offer for Rondo?" - Boston Herald

Some here are going to be most unhappy if that is true. That said, I wonder what the plan is? The Celtics are probably still and 8th seed, with Rondo, Green, and Sullinger. So if they want to get a lottery ticket, they can't put that lineup out. 

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from RallyC. Show RallyC's posts

In response to chris33's comment:

I don't think Rally's going to like it if that is true. 

Actualy, JTKL, the truth is I trust DA to do his job with what HE feels is the right thing with Rondo. Unlike many here, I don't pretend to be smarter about NBA basketball than an NBA GM who won NBA titles as a PG and now a GM. However, if the above was true, then we wouldn't have so much smoke out there surrounding Rondo's name. Of course DA can't admit preliminary talks publicly as it steals credence and value from what other GMs perceive DA has for Rondo as an asset for the Celtics.

Its all just a game within the game. A GM has no reason to admit he is exploring options on any player unless he is looking simply to dump him. To the contrary, if he says he wants him, it builds value and sends a message to other suitors. Its like telling someone "I want to sell my car" instead of, "Well, I really don't want to sell my car because I love it, BUT make me an offer and we'll see." It also only alienates the player if he talks prematurely. With Rondo's temperament, that is always a terrible idea. I'd love to play some of you guys in poker!!!!