This is why the Spurs win 50+ every year:

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from joepatsfan111111. Show joepatsfan111111's posts

This is why the Spurs win 50+ every year:

#30 pick: Kyle Anderson.

I would've been content with Anderson at 17, they get him at 30.

Kudos to the Spurs for always finding the right guy to fill their scheme. Anderson is a ball handling Diaw.

Check out my Pats/Sports Blog: http://joepatsfan.blogspot.com/

2. This post has been removed.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from CHEisCHE. Show CHEisCHE's posts

Re: This is why the Spurs win 50+ every year:

...because of the center DUNCAN!

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from joepatsfan111111. Show joepatsfan111111's posts

In response to CHEisCHE's comment:

...because of the center DUNCAN!

Well obviously, but Duncan in the last 3-4 years cant carry that team like he used to. From 97-10 yes, Duncan carried them

Check out my Pats/Sports Blog: http://joepatsfan.blogspot.com/

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Eldunker. Show Eldunker's posts

that... and they have one of the best NBA coaches of all time. 

btw. Anderson is a project without a position.  I would have been incensed if Danny took Anderson with Young still on the board.  and I would have taken Hood, Harris, Napier, Ennis and Hairston before Anderson as well.  But he was a steal at 30.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from hedleylamarr. Show hedleylamarr's posts

Anyone want Diaw if SAS doesn't re-sign him?

Odds are fat and slim, but worth a shot!

"Climb on my back, boys, and I'll take you home." - Cedric Maxwell

"You show me a good loser, and I'll show you a loser." - Red Auerbach

"My mind is a raging torrent, flooded with rivulets of thought, cascading into a waterfall of creative alternatives." - Hedley Lamarr

If no Bynum injury, no Gasol trade - last word!!

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from CablesWyndBairn. Show CablesWyndBairn's posts

Like people say about Belichick and Brady, let's see how good the Spurs are post-Duncan.  That guy is arguably the best PF of all time.  I like how the Spurs find players, sure, but even at his age a diminished Duncan is a good player. 

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from teejaytee70. Show teejaytee70's posts

Well, yeah, that and they have lived off of 3 drafts - the Duncan, Parker, Ginobli drafts.  17 years of contention - that's what can happen when you have luck and hit the ball out of the park in just 3 drafts.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from scubber. Show scubber's posts

And it seems any players they plug into with those 3 seem to thrive and play at another level.  Not so much before or after they leave the team.  Hmm, people say there is such thing as players making their teammates better.  And the coach might have something to do with it too.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from futbal. Show futbal's posts

Timmy is the best player since Larry, Magic and Jordan.  Next up are Kobe, LeBron and Shaquille. But Timmy is at another level.

11. This post has been removed.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from joepatsfan111111. Show joepatsfan111111's posts

In response to Fiercy's comment:

Remove Duncan from the Spurs and the Spurs will not win 50 games every year.

Remove Duncan last season, they still win 50

13. This post has been removed.

14. This post has been removed.

15. This post has been removed.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from CubanPete. Show CubanPete's posts

There's no excuse for the Cs not to have that same success. Decades of mismanagement have produced one title in 30 years and the KG run was short lived.

I've been praising the team for taking Smart at #6, but I KNEW the Cs would frustrate me with the #17 pick. Taking Smart wasn't a hard decision. Whom the team picked at 17, told me a lot about the Celtics. They went for need rather than taking the BPA. That's always a fail move. Young has plenty of upside and plenty of bust potential. His numbers at both ends made him too risky for #17 in a deep draft.

If the Cs can't figure out how to get value from the middle 1st to the end of the second, they will continue being irrelevant.

...the King of the Rumba Beat...

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from BostonTrollSpanker. Show BostonTrollSpanker's posts

"Remove Duncan last season, they still win 50"

Perhaps, but they would not win a title. Tim played very well in the postseason. When Tim retires, they go down a big notch in terms of the postseason.

The Spurs are a model franchise but if it was easy there would be more Spurs- they could be the best franchise in all of sports. They have an all time coach and an all time player, who they got, by the way, but completely tanking a season.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from fbombfury. Show fbombfury's posts

In response to BostonTrollSpanker's comment:

"Remove Duncan last season, they still win 50"

Perhaps, but they would not win a title. Tim played very well in the postseason. When Tim retires, they go down a big notch in terms of the postseason.

The Spurs are a model franchise but if it was easy there would be more Spurs- they could be the best franchise in all of sports. They have an all time coach and an all time player, who they got, by the way, but completely tanking a season.

Clueless individuals!  Without Duncan they have nothing to compete for a title.  Bank it!

Sections
Shortcuts