This just in....

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Duke4. Show Duke4's posts

This just in....

Andrew Bynum may miss the start of the season....he waited to have surgery and is now "healing on company time"....very mature of him....he is a five year veteran that has played over 50 games twice....tonight on PTI they said he reminds them of Yao and Odem.....too large for his legs.....may be perennially off and on the disabled list....they also speculated that the Lakers could get into the "Mello sweepstakes offering Bynum and Artest.....stay tuned!

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from RUMcHale. Show RUMcHale's posts

Re: This just in....

Melo for Bynum and Artest? Can't see the Lakers doing that but if it happened, Kobe/Melo and Gasol just isn't playing fair.

Go Danny, lets get............................Shaq! Ugh.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from kaktug. Show kaktug's posts

nuggets would be on crack to make that trade.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from mem17. Show mem17's posts

It appears that Carmelo wants to traded to either the Bulls, Knicks or Nets. The Nets appear to be the front runne according to ESPN. Remember that Carmelo is from New York and wants to play there or near there. In order for a trade for Carmelo to be accepted, he would have to agree to a contract extension as this is the final year of his Nuggetts contract.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from P34. Show P34's posts

Melo is a smart guy. He will never agree to become Kobe's sidekick. 

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from BirdandCowens. Show BirdandCowens's posts

This just in - Denver will NEVER trade their best player to their biggest rival.  They will move Anthony to the East- NJ is the front-runner.  The Clips also have viable talent, but there is NO WAY on God's Green Earth they will trade him to the lakers!

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from P34. Show P34's posts

http://sports.espn.go.com/los-angeles/nba/news/story?id=5611687

Jackson also said that free-agent acquisition Theo Ratliff and second-round draft pickDerrick Caracter would be leaned on to plug up the middle in Bynum's absence.

So much for Ratliff and Caracter not playing significant minutes. The Celtics have Shaq as the 1st big man off the bench while the Lakers will now have a 37-year old Theo Ratliff as the starter. 

HAHAHA!!!

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Give-in-to-it. Show Give-in-to-it's posts

In Response to Re: This just in....:
    [QUOTE]http://sports.espn.go.com/los-angeles/nba/news/story?id=5611687 Jackson also said that free-agent acquisition  Theo Ratliff  and second-round draft pick Derrick Caracter  would be leaned on to plug up the middle in Bynum's absence. So much for Ratliff and Caracter not playing significant minutes. The Celtics have Shaq as the 1st big man off the bench while the Lakers will now have a 37-year old Theo Ratliff as the starter.  HAHAHA!!!
    Posted by P34[/QUOTE]

Did you read that Ratliff would be starting somewhere? We are talking about the first 3 to 5 games to open up the season, so this isn't going to help you much. Gasol will open as the starter at center, with Odom as the starter at Power forward. This isn't rocket science buddy. If this was 2009-2010, Jackson would have said, Mbenga and Powell would be leaned on to plug up the middle in Bynum's absence. The difference here is that Ratliff is a better player than Mbenga. The Lakers managed just fine then, and will manage just fine now. These games are going to be played in November, not May or June, and Ratliff may have to play 10 to 15 minutes per in the first few games, so?

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from BirdandCowens. Show BirdandCowens's posts

2009-2010 - Mbenga:  49 games  7.2 mins per game  2.1 points   1.8 rpg
    2009-2010 - Ratlifee:  28 games   22.8 mins per game   5.1 ppg    4.1 rpg

Oh yes Celtics fans, it's a HUGE upgrade!!!!

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Give-in-to-it. Show Give-in-to-it's posts

[QUOTE]2009-2010 - Mbenga:  49 games  7.2 mins per game  2.1 points   1.8 rpg 2009-2010 - Ratlifee:  28 games   22.8 mins per game   5.1 ppg    4.1 rpg Oh yes Celtics fans, it's a HUGE upgrade!!!!
    Posted by BirdandCowens[/QUOTE]

It is the end of the bench, these players are insignificant. Squawk and holler all day, and when you are done, these players are still the very end of the bench. All the hub bub and ridiculous conversation about the significance of these end of the bench players is coming from Celtics fans. Only on a Celtics forum would the replacement of a guy who played 7 minutes a game in about half the games be a subject worth harping on.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from BirdandCowens. Show BirdandCowens's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: This just in.... : It is the end of the bench, these players are insignificant. Squawk and holler all day, and when you are done, these players are still the very end of the bench. All the hub bub and ridiculous conversation about the significance of these end of the bench players is coming from Celtics fans. Only on a Celtics forum would the replacement of a guy who played 7 minutes a game in about half the games be a subject worth harping on.
    Posted by Give-in-to-it[/QUOTE]

So again, for everyone to read:

YOUR "end of the bench" got better, and OURS didn't???
    That is what you wrote yesterday.......sticking by it or not?  Do people in the Santa Monica currency market often change their minds like this?  I wouldn't trust you with 50 cents of my money!

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from BirdandCowens. Show BirdandCowens's posts

This just in from ESPN:

A day after Lakers coach Phil Jackson speculated that Bynum could miss the first "three or four" games of the regular season while rehabbing his right knee after undergoing surgery on a meniscus tear July 28, the 23-year-old center revealed fans would have to wait even longer for his return.

"I don't really see [being ready]," Bynum said about the team's season opener on Oct. 26 against Houston. "I see more towards the end of November."

Go Theo!   Oh right, he's an "end of the bench" guy!

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Duke4. Show Duke4's posts

Bynum is talented....but he is definitely injury prone and has shown his immaturity over his young career.....going overseas was more important than getting ready for the season opener by having his surgery earlier?   ....his dedication is in question...I gave him credit for not having it done during the playoffs...he manned up....but he has just undone it in my opinion....just my take...

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from EliasB. Show EliasB's posts

"....his dedication is in question...."

By who, you? And that's supposed to mean something? Nobody in Lakerland questions Bynum's dedication. I could care less that he chose to go overseas over the summer - good for him!

Cool

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from RUWorthy. Show RUWorthy's posts

It's depressing reading that he won't be ready for the start of the season. He really should have had the surgery done a couple of weeks after the finals. Have some time to enjoy winning, then immediately have the surgery.

The concept of healing on company time when you are employed by a team over a year is selfish to the extreme.You have vacation time, but so does everyone, but if you have an injury and surgery is needed to help your team, don't you have it as early as possible? If I was the Lakers GM I'd be saying have a shorter vacation and then you're having surgery.

I'd assume that other players in the past have had their surgery straight after the end of the season. Maybe I have a different view when it comes to work but

Maybe he has reasons. But I can't even guess what they are given our teams situation.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from RUWorthy. Show RUWorthy's posts

[QUOTE]"....his dedication is in question...." By who, you? And that's supposed to mean something? Nobody in Lakerland questions Bynum's dedication. I could care less that he chose to go overseas over the summer - good for him!
    Posted by EliasB[/QUOTE]

Playing hurt during the playoffs was huge.

As I said above nothing wrong with having a shorter vacation. He should have just had a shorter one and worked out how long he'd need to be ready for the start of the season. Not having him in the team shortens the bench too much for me.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from P34. Show P34's posts

Andrew Bynum just gave Dallas home court advantage in the playoffs. With Bynum out until maybe December the Lakers will most likely end up winning only 52 games. That number is significant because if by some miracle the Lakers will make it back to the Finals they will not have home court advantage.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from BirdandCowens. Show BirdandCowens's posts

[QUOTE]"....his dedication is in question...." By who, you? And that's supposed to mean something? Nobody in Lakerland questions Bynum's dedication. I could care less that he chose to go overseas over the summer - good for him!
    Posted by EliasB[/QUOTE]

Nobody in lakerland thinks Jerry West played for MN either.

Mychal Thompson openly questioned his dedication to his team on the radio the other day...................wrong again, Elias!

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from P34. Show P34's posts

Andrew Bynum is dedicated to himself only. Laughing

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Duke4. Show Duke4's posts

Posted by EliasB[/QUOTE]

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from EliasB. Show EliasB's posts

"...if by some miracle the Lakers will make it back to the Finals they will not have home court advantage."

By some miracle? Are you kidding? A miracle means something highly unlikely. Why would the Lakers be favored by almost everyone to make it back to the finals for the fourth year in a row if it was highly unlikely? Highly unlikely is Nash making it to the finals with his Suns without Stoudemire - actually that might be probable. A miracle would be the Clippers making it to the finals next year...

I'm just curiouse, Wheelchair, what makes you think it would be a "miracle" for the 2-time defending champs (3-time Western Conference champs) to make it back to the finals? Who in the West do you foresee taking them out?

Cool

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from Duke4. Show Duke4's posts

...as I said buddy.....just my take.....I just don't understand why a 25 year old millionaire needs to take a vacation instead of having the surgery so he can start the year with his team....couldn't he go on vacation after the surgery?
    ...was the world championship in Turkey something he just had to see?  ...maybe...but I don't think Magic or Kobe would've done it...certainly not Bird....again...I'm giving an opinion.....I'm not saying I'm right.....

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from EliasB. Show EliasB's posts

Duke, if it was just your opinion I would not have responded to your post. You said "his dedication is in question..." I want to know by whom? Did you read or hear that from somewhere? 'Cause that sure is not the case out here no matter what Opie might say.

Cool

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from Duke4. Show Duke4's posts

Fair enough my friend....yes, that was my opinion....I thought I made that clear on my post....but, maybe not....no harm, no foul....

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from EliasB. Show EliasB's posts

Okay just keeping you honest just like you do me at times :)

Cool

Sections
Shortcuts