This Loss in on Rondo and Doc!

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Duke4. Show Duke4's posts

This Loss in on Rondo and Doc!

with a 15 point lead and totally in control the Celtics slowed down and went on cruise control....Rondo started shooting jump shots instead of working for open shots by his teammates...he kept it up as the lead evaporated....and Doc never called a timeout to stop the flow...Lakers just shot the lights out with no defense from Boston....this game should have been a win...instead, the Lakers come away feeling good about themselves at the Celtic's expense...totally unacceptable....this was another blown game....I don't think this team has a killer instinct....Kobe has it....our guys? ...not sure anymore... 

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from vertigho. Show vertigho's posts

Re: This Loss in on Rondo and Doc!

I guess Rondo also caused Pierce to miss a number of open attempts. He also caused Ray-Ray to attempt to draw contact and miss shots as opposed to go up with balance and make shots.

It's easy to blame one person for any loss, but the truth is when this team loses, it's because they didn't play well enough as a team. That doesn't mean they aren't good - that just means it didn't come together tonight. They're fine. Once they get healthy they're easily the best team in the NBA.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from kyceltic. Show kyceltic's posts

If i had to blame someone, it would have to be KG. If this is all he has left, we will never make it to the finals!!

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Waynestarr. Show Waynestarr's posts

I put it more on Rondo than Doc. The typical "Sag Off Rondo" defensive scheme from the Lakers was in full form tonight. Doc should play Nate and Delonte in the 4th quarter when they become healthy so teams can't cheat on defense.

I like Rondo, but I don't think he will EVER become a decent shooting PG.

He was awful at the FT line also.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Celtsfan4life. Show Celtsfan4life's posts

Why blame Doc and Rondo?  They didn't make the turnovers that took it from 15 to 8?  The starters just didn't have it.  Team wins together and they lose together.  No one person lost this one.  Give Lakers credit, they came to play in the second half and played smart (laying off Rondo and FORCING him to shoot).  They had 5 on 4 on defense and when Perk was in, it was 5 and 3 and a half.

One thing - notice that Garnett is just not going up strong?  I think he's either afraid of the leg or he's just old.  I'd like to think he's just not comfortable going up strong.  He just doesn't look like himself.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from RajonRondowski. Show RajonRondowski's posts

This loss is on one thing and one thing only:  we missed good shots down the stretch.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from puddinpuddin. Show puddinpuddin's posts

KBryant  was fresh as a daisy when he came back in with 5 minutes left. He had been guarding no one for most of the game unless he was double teaming CPP or help defending. He hadn't had to work up a sweat.

Then he finished off the C's. No surprise here.

Pud

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from BiasLewis. Show BiasLewis's posts

A few weeks ago I said that no one gets in Rondo's head like the Lakers. They leave the guy wide open and he doesn't know what to do. I won't blame the game on him but we just didn't have enough offense tonight. Literally no bench tonight.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from rpn313. Show rpn313's posts

In Response to Re: This Loss in on Rondo and Doc!:
    A few weeks ago I said that no one gets in Rondo's head like the Lakers. They leave the guy wide open and he doesn't know what to do. Posted by BiasLewis

Exactly right.  Rondo better get used to it, because once this tape gets out in the league, everyone will start defending the C's by daring Rondo to take the open J. 

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from SavCeltic. Show SavCeltic's posts

No, this loss is not on Rondo or Doc!...Yes, we did have a large lead before halftime...but it is up to the entire team to protect it.  I am not making excuses, but the team did have a depleted roster to work with, especially in the 2nd half.  And, I think Rondo should have been more aggressive, but this team hit a lull offensively, and it affected them defensively.....They need to weather the offensive doldrums and continue to play the hard-nosed defense to keep them in games... I didn't see the compassion on the defensive end tonite. 

The loss doesn't mean that much in terms of this team's quality or their potential to reach the NBA finals, but it does beg the question of whether a move needs to be made given the projection of our bench players.  i mean, Quis who was never really a wild-card, just became the definitive piece with his absence....Shaq will be back, but with only PP as a SF on the team, there is now a definitive weakness that may need to be addressed.  unfortunately, addressing this need will shake up a roster that seems to be somewhat gelled together.....i don't know what the right move is at this point....it's a good thing that they are paying Danny the big bucks to make these decisions and not me

I will say, that I like our team...and at 75% healthy I wouldn't make a change...but at 50% healthy you have to consider it...That being said...Any trade that involves Perk would kill banner 18....and I single that out because Ray, Paul, KG, and Rondo are now holy and shouldn't even be in a trade discussion.  For us to win #18 we need our starting 5 plus BBD and Shaq (or healthy JON) and 3-4 healthy bodies off the bench (Nate, Wafer, Delonte, Semih...or some trade permutation)..the problem is, working a trade with limited resources and finding someone who fits this team's concept...

All in all...I think we will be OK..but, I still say F#*& the Lakers...I hate them!

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

Garnett just had a bad game tonight.  Rondo was really off and the absence of other big man was what did us in.  Shaq and Semih should have played a few minutes each.  No way they could not have.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from CelticFanLA. Show CelticFanLA's posts

A few weeks ago I said that no one gets in Rondo's head like the Lakers. They leave the guy wide open and he doesn't know what to do. I won't blame the game on him but we just didn't have enough offense tonight. Literally no bench tonight.
    Posted by BiasLewis

---------------------------------------------------------------------------

Agreed, Rondo is lost against the Lakers, but I bet they wont be leaving Delonte that wide open if they play again. Bottom line is Lakers won only because Celtics were playing only 7 guys including a not 100% Pierce.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from JamezHill24. Show JamezHill24's posts

lol..its always rondo and Doc..they are the worst Pg and Coach in the NBA.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from KGLove. Show KGLove's posts

I guess Doc n Rondo got Ray, Perk and Wafer in foul trouble and injured Nate, Quis, Shaq, JO, Delonte and gave Pierce the flu ?  

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from RajonRondowski. Show RajonRondowski's posts

No, this loss is not on Rondo or Doc!...Yes, we did have a large lead before halftime...but it is up to the entire team to protect it.  I am not making excuses, but the team did have a depleted roster to work with, especially in the 2nd half.  And, I think Rondo should have been more aggressive, but this team hit a lull offensively, and it affected them defensively.....They need to weather the offensive doldrums and continue to play the hard-nosed defense to keep them in games... I didn't see the compassion on the defensive end tonite.  The loss doesn't mean that much in terms of this team's quality or their potential to reach the NBA finals, but it does beg the question of whether a move needs to be made given the projection of our bench players.  i mean, Quis who was never really a wild-card, just became the definitive piece with his absence....Shaq will be back, but with only PP as a SF on the team, there is now a definitive weakness that may need to be addressed.  unfortunately, addressing this need will shake up a roster that seems to be somewhat gelled together.....i don't know what the right move is at this point....it's a good thing that they are paying Danny the big bucks to make these decisions and not me I will say, that I like our team...and at 75% healthy I wouldn't make a change...but at 50% healthy you have to consider it...That being said...Any trade that involves Perk would kill banner 18....and I single that out because Ray, Paul, KG, and Rondo are now holy and shouldn't even be in a trade discussion.  For us to win #18 we need our starting 5 plus BBD and Shaq (or healthy JON) and 3-4 healthy bodies off the bench (Nate, Wafer, Delonte, Semih...or some trade permutation)..the problem is, working a trade with limited resources and finding someone who fits this team's concept... All in all...I think we will be OK..but, I still say F#*& the Lakers...I hate them!

Posted by SavCeltic

-

Great post, man.  The premises of this thread is ridiculous. We need guys like you to post more often.

We lost because we missed our shots down the stretch, makeable shots that would have gotten us back in the game.

This one was winnable, but the war of attrition, with injuries and all, caught up with us.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Waynestarr. Show Waynestarr's posts

Our interior defense should be blamed also, the Lakers had 50 points in the paint to our 36.

It's funny, we beefed up our frontline in case of injury, and now we're so thin at the 5.

What happened to Erden??

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from paulbrr7. Show paulbrr7's posts

This loss goes out to a team that looks tired, they need the all star break in a big way.. The problem is the tired players are all going to the all star game. As for KG, we should be concerned because he looks like he did when he was hurt, no jump, weak in the post and slow on D.  Now for Doc... He has done a poor job throughout the year with getting these guys rest. I know they have had injuries but there were many games he could of rested them.  He has shown little faith in Harangody, Erden and Wafer. Just look at what Wafer did tonight with some forced minutes.  Doc is a veteran player coach who struggles with young talent. Let Miami win I rather be rested going into the playoffs!

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Micksoxx. Show Micksoxx's posts

Persoanlly, I hate all the excuses one night it's "back to back games" the next it's "injuries."  But it was clear we had nothing to change it up with off the bench especially after Nate got hurt.  Hey, it was still close with a depleted roster.  That's a game the Lakers used to run away and hide with.
     Anyway...

P.S. Kendrick Perkins has hands like feet. 

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from P34. Show P34's posts

Garnett just had a bad game tonight.  Rondo was really off and the absence of other big man was what did us in.  Shaq and Semih should have played a few minutes each.  No way they could not have.
    Posted by concord27

The reason why KG had a bad game is because his outside shots were not falling. At LA KG was hot from the outside that's why the Celtics beat the Lakers. If KG continues to play outside the Celtics will not beat the Lakers. 

Without an inside game there will be very few open shots from the outside.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from aciemvp. Show aciemvp's posts

This loss goes out to a team that looks tired, they need the all star break in a big way.. The problem is the tired players are all going to the all star game. As for KG, we should be concerned because he looks like he did when he was hurt, no jump, weak in the post and slow on D.  Now for Doc... He has done a poor job throughout the year with getting these guys rest. I know they have had injuries but there were many games he could of rested them.  He has shown little faith in Harangody, Erden and Wafer. Just look at what Wafer did tonight with some forced minutes.  Doc is a veteran player coach who struggles with young talent. Let Miami win I rather be rested going into the playoffs!
    Posted by paulbrr7

in my book, there is no way anyone from this team should GO to the all star weekend.  maybe to shoot 3 pointers, but that's it.  the team is sagging, needs rest much more than to put on a show for the fans.  leave that to the younger guys in the league to do it.

AND i agree with you that the first half of this season has been WASTED TIME for doc rivers and von wafer.  wafer can shoot.  daniels often produced little in the way of scoring, which our bench unit needs.  ray was averaging for a long stretch this season MORE MINUTES THAN EVER per game and that is unacceptable.  i'm sure he's down some but still 5 minutes a night too high.

check the history.  each of the three years of playoff runs, ray has had uncharacteristic TOTAL DISAPPEARANCES for longer and longer stretches of time each time he climbs into the coffin.  ray allen minute management has been last prioirty for the celts and we deserve it when he climbs into the coffin again, especially with a legit scorer like wafer on the roster who can do some things off the bench.  he only averaged 14 down in houston before this....

it's time to get the house in order.  if rondo doesn't STAY AGGRESSIVE, and that doesn't mean gunning from outside like he's mark price, then this team is finished.  minute mgt has to be paramount for ray and paul.  kg needs to find himself, again.  none of this will be made easier by blowing a rest period at all star weekend.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from PierceIsTheTruth. Show PierceIsTheTruth's posts

i don't know if the laker defense was amazing. the celtics stopped moving the ball and went on cruise control. and look what happened. after the frist quarter and most the 2nd it seemed they could win it and jsut were like whatever..... it frustrates the hell out of me when they do this. not having a backup for perk hurt also. they were just too big for us tonight. thats the good thing about miami though, not a lot of size there.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from P34. Show P34's posts

i don't know if the laker defense was amazing. the celtics stopped moving the ball and went on cruise control. and look what happened. after the frist quarter and most the 2nd it seemed they could win it and jsut were like whatever..... it frustrates the hell out of me when they do this. not having a backup for perk hurt also. they were just too big for us tonight. thats the good thing about miami though, not a lot of size there.
    Posted by PierceIsTheTruth

Points in the paint, that's the reason why the Celtics lost. KG had 4 jump shots and 2 FT attempts, that's not playing like a 7-footer.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from RajonRondowski. Show RajonRondowski's posts

In Response to Re: This Loss in on Rondo and Doc! : in my book, there is no way anyone from this team should GO to the all star weekend.  maybe to shoot 3 pointers, but that's it.  the team is sagging, needs rest much more than to put on a show for the fans.  leave that to the younger guys in the league to do it. AND i agree with you that the first half of this season has been WASTED TIME for doc rivers and von wafer.  wafer can shoot.  daniels often produced little in the way of scoring, which our bench unit needs.  ray was averaging for a long stretch this season MORE MINUTES THAN EVER per game and that is unacceptable.  i'm sure he's down some but still 5 minutes a night too high. check the history.  each of the three years of playoff runs, ray has had uncharacteristic TOTAL DISAPPEARANCES for longer and longer stretches of time each time he climbs into the coffin.  ray allen minute management has been last prioirty for the celts and we deserve it when he climbs into the coffin again, especially with a legit scorer like wafer on the roster who can do some things off the bench.  he only averaged 14 down in houston before this.... it's time to get the house in order.  if rondo doesn't STAY AGGRESSIVE, and that doesn't mean gunning from outside like he's mark price, then this team is finished.  minute mgt has to be paramount for ray and paul.  kg needs to find himself, again.  none of this will be made easier by blowing a rest period at all star weekend.

Posted by aciemvp

-

I like it Acie, I like it.

This is the type of thoughtful, insightful criticism that I can live with.

Except for the all-star stuff.  Let the guys have their moment in the sun.  they deserve it.  It won't be a big factor.  We will be alright.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from BoylestonBB. Show BoylestonBB's posts

If i had to blame someone, it would have to be KG. If this is all he has left, we will never make it to the finals!!
    Posted by kyceltic

w weekgs ago he dominates Gasol in our win.  Tonight - not so much.

A bad night for KG, time to bounce back

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from atomic. Show atomic's posts

i love it, 10 days after being dominant in L.A., KG looks like he is too old and afraid of his leg??? why is it so hard to connect the dots on how the lack of depth through injuries has caught up and these guys are playing way too many minutes. they looked tired in the second half and the lack of bench didn't help. plus too few guys to spread the fouls out. i couldn't believe my ears when i heard nate was going to the locker room. totally agree with acie, minutes need to be managed, but it won't matter if we keep losing guys. i have to believe we will get healthy in time to rest players here and there. i think we hit the perfect storm tonight with a lot of different factors contributing to the loss. the positive here is that we were up 15 at one point and kept the game close throughout.

lastly, rondo, please get yourself a mid range jumper!

Sections
Shortcuts