This Loss in on Rondo and Doc!

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from jdm894g. Show jdm894g's posts

Re: This Loss in on Rondo and Doc!

Why are they tired???? They had two days off before this game!!!!!!!!  They need to stop running plays for Perk.  He can create a shot on his on and is so robotic that its sickening. I knew it was going to bad when he let beown knock the ball out of his stone hands and take it in for a dunk.  

The offense didnt have enough movement.  When Wafer was in he was moving and driving and dishing.  Someone needs to be able to break thier man down and get to the basket.

TOO MUCH JUMP SHOOTING....POST UP OR DRIVETO THE BASKET!!!!

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from P34. Show P34's posts

In Response to Re: This Loss in on Rondo and Doc!:
    [QUOTE]Why are they tired???? They had two days off before this game!!!!!!!!  They need to stop running plays for Perk.  He can create a shot on his on and is so robotic that its sickening. I knew it was going to bad when he let beown knock the ball out of his stone hands and take it in for a dunk.   The offense didnt have enough movement.  When Wafer was in he was moving and driving and dishing.  Someone needs to be able to break thier man down and get to the basket. TOO MUCH JUMP SHOOTING....POST UP OR DRIVETO THE BASKET!!!!
    Posted by jdm894g[/QUOTE]

THAT'S RIGHT! TOO MUCH JUMP SHOOTING! YOU'RE A 7-FOOTER, POST-UP!

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from KGLove. Show KGLove's posts

Why are people asking about Erden... did you see the game? see him in his suit... heard of injuries?

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from atomic. Show atomic's posts

they are tired because there are a lot of miles on those legs and the season's fatigue is cumulative. they showed a lot of symptons of fatigue...not attacking the basket, settling for jump shots, not playing d with your feet and reaching in leading to foul trouble, not closing out defensively in the second half. this reminded me a lot of game 7 last year when they had the lakers on the ropes, but ended up having nothing in the tank in the fourth quarter. we'll be alright if we can get healthy...IF.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

love Rondo, but its way more of a rondo loss than big 3. Games like this and playoffs he needs to be an 18-12-6-3 who controls games, makes clutch ft's and shots. etc

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Waynestarr. Show Waynestarr's posts

[QUOTE]Why are people asking about Erden... did you see the game? see him in his suit... heard of injuries?
    Posted by KGLove[/QUOTE]

Well, when I asked about Erden, it was because I DID see him in his suit.

I haven't followed all the Celtics games. I was wondering how did he get hurt when he rarely plays. I guess it's that bum shoulder I suppose.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Karllost. Show Karllost's posts

First thing is KG hasnt been a strong finisher under the hoop for a while, this isnt anything new so why are people taking notice now? ITs not cause he suddenly got old & tired in the past few days. KG is a finesse player. He rarely goes up and jams the ball in traffic. Its usually layups, fall aways, mini hooks. Thats his inside game.

Next is Perk. I watched the game starting in the 3rd qtr but since I also taped it, watched the beginning later on. I cringed when I saw Perk catch a pass all alone under the basket. Nobody near him. He winds up and stays wound up for like 3 seconds. As he slowly starts to elevate for what should have been an EASY layup or dunk 3 seconds ago, he gets fouled.  Years and years of this and its apparent the guys basketball IQ is extremely low. Hands of stone too

Perk also has trouble boxin out. I focused on him and he watches shots go up and doesnt look for a body to box out. Its a free-for-all for the rebound. WHoever jumps the highest or has the rebound bounce their way.

Two basics in basketball and Perk still doesnt get it.

The game last night was lost in the paint and with some poor offensive execution imo. 

Its understandable the problem in the paint..I posted about it yesterday.  All we have is PERK as a 5.  He shouldnt be expected to play more than 20-25 mins. THis is the bigs lineup we had in the finals last year (without SHEED) that the Lakers dominated the paint against. Why would last night be any different?

Offensively we did get open shots but many were not in rhythm.  IF shots comes in the flow of the offense, we shoot a high %. Watch any NBA game youll see this is true. Many of our shots really didnt come this way. Couple that with usually poor shooting and it got ugly.

With all the injuries we still were in the game but its clear no team can sustain itself with this many guys out. Its frustrating to watch but we['re gonna see more of this.. lets hope Nates injury isnt bad and West starts playing soon.

Up front we're in deep s***.  We need 3 guys who can play the 5. Two are out and Perk alone is not enough.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from paulbrr7. Show paulbrr7's posts

Rivers was asked about possibly bringing in Luke Harangody to help rebound, but he said Harangody didn't have the height to rebound against a team with the size the Lakers have.  Wow! Way to build a rookies confidence Doc... Luke averaged 10 RB a game in college ( same height) and has done a decent job when you let him play, as you did earlier in the year.  So in a game when you need some minutes and fouls you sit him. I just don't get this guy.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Duke4. Show Duke4's posts

my point was.....with a 15 point lead and momentum Rondo started shooting jump shots....great if he makes them....but why take 3 in a row? ....why not do what he does best?....blow past guys with penetration...I know we were down to 7 guys and all.....but Doc made that worse by not even wanting to see if Luke could help out....Doc does not play the rookies...why not? ......going back to Red's day and forward...the rookies were integrated into the rotation....what changed?

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

P34
    KG was awful and so was the rest of the team.  KG has been hitting the outside jumper(10 to 18 ft) all year.  Without Shaq the inside was like game seven in the fourth period(clogged).  

The game saw Rondo take a number of jumpers and miss all but one.  Pierce was off all night and sick.  It was a terrible game and they still had to screw up in the last minutes to lose.  

I am not discouraged. I am encouraged. The problem for me is where was Shaq and Semih for five or ten minutes last night.  Doc said before Orlando Shaq could have played if it was the playoffs.  He should have played in spurts last night and Sunday. Semih had a muscle pull(this guy is too fragile it appears to count on in future plans I would trade him). Nobody seems to agree so this is the last time I will mention it.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from TeamUmbutu. Show TeamUmbutu's posts

Come on fair weather people!

There were many reasons that the Celtics lost. The primary one is that they were short handed, and afraid of foul trouble. Perk and KG were not themselves, again, if they were in foul trouble, who fills in. Ray was in foul trouble. They lost because the Celtic defense could not be the Celtic defense without viable substitutes.

As good as KG looked in the Last Laker game, he looked terrible last night. Paul was recovering from illness, and was not himself, and Rondo was shooting jump shots. The defense on Kobe from Wafer was also sub-standard for most of the game. The only player that was fun to watch last night was Ray, and he was in foul trouble.

Yes it was the Lakers, but we were not the Celtics.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from elvis-surfs. Show elvis-surfs's posts

the team is decimated by injuries, the boys are exhausted, and Harangody sits?!?! dont understand it...Doc's achilles heel...wears out his starters...heck, just look at Wafer's performance given a chance...

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from maryngary. Show maryngary's posts

Truth is Rondo will be a libality against lakers and heat, because they have the great plalyers , Koby and Wade, that can guard Rondo and zone up for everybody else.  It will not work every night but it will work enough that they can win the series against the Celts.  D. West can solve this porblem if he can return to pre injury form.  Doc is a good coach, not perfect, he makes mistakes like all coaches, but it is not his fault on this , he knows the negatives of Rondo and hopes the positives of Rondo will outweigh this huge problem he causes us against Heat and Lakers.  The average fan has no clue about what I am talking, but it is a problem.  Last night Paul was sick and did not have the energy to dominate like he did in the last game and our injured big men caused us huge problems, we need to get them well or bring back Wallace.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from bopaticuns. Show bopaticuns's posts

Sometimes one great team beats another.  The two time defending champs pulled out a six point win (wasn't it?) againsgt another great team that was missing several key players and the captain had the flu.  I'm with the poster that sees more to be encouraged about than discouraged about by this loss.  It's ok.  IF (and I know its a big if) the Cs can ever get everyone together (or at least most everyone) I'm still confident they are the team to beat. 

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from TeamUmbutu. Show TeamUmbutu's posts

boaticuns,

I agree. I was amazed when the Celtics had the lead in the first half. While I was hoping for a Celtic win, I expected a very tough game, and a Laker advantage. It is hard to play quality defense when you are constantly worried about foul trouble.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from BaileyPowe. Show BaileyPowe's posts

maryngary, we'll see what sunday brings, but the celtics have defeated miami 6 of the last 7 matchups, w/ rondo operating effectively throughout. what huge problem? 

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from KGLove. Show KGLove's posts

[QUOTE] Rivers was asked about possibly bringing in Luke Harangody to help rebound, but he said Harangody didn't have the height to rebound against a team with the size the Lakers have.  Wow! Way to build a rookies confidence Doc... Luke averaged 10 RB a game in college ( same height) and has done a decent job when you let him play, as you did earlier in the year.  So in a game when you need some minutes and fouls you sit him. I just don't get this guy.
    Posted by paulbrr7[/QUOTE]

Often wonder why Luke doesn't get more minutes especially with all the injuries

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from P34. Show P34's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: This Loss in on Rondo and Doc! : Often wonder why Luke doesn't get more minutes especially with all the injuries
    Posted by KGLove[/QUOTE]

Rivers’s options for big men are slim. He considered playing Luke Harangody against the Lakers, but knew length would be an issue.

“I just thought the size, as good as rebounder as Luke is, you’re playing a very long basketball team,’’ said Rivers, who played rookie Avery Bradley briefly against the Lakers. “If it came to an issue where rebounds were on the floor that you could’ve gotten to, then Luke would’ve been great. But the rebounds were above the rim, and whenever you play the Lakers the rebounds are above the rim because of their length, and that was a factor.’’

http://www.boston.com/sports/basketball/celtics/articles/2011/02/12/feeling_the_heat_before_break/