This NBA blowzzzz

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Karllost. Show Karllost's posts

This NBA blowzzzz

Used to be you were stuck with the team you had in the beginning of the season, at least thats what I think it was.

Now, get near the trade deadline and the face of teams can change completely... its like the team you followed and sweated out games with is now a different team trying to learn how to play with each other all over again.

Look at the KNicks, Celtics, Magic, Nuggets and the rest.. Nothing like what the teams looked like in the beginning of the season.  Somehow, I dont like it

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from puddinpuddin. Show puddinpuddin's posts

Re: This NBA blowzzzz

In Response to This NBA blowzzzz:
    Used to be you were stuck with the team you had in the beginning of the season, at least thats what I think it was. Now, get near the trade deadline and the face of teams can change completely... its like the team you followed and sweated out games with is now a different team trying to learn how to play with each other all over again. Look at the KNicks, Celtics, Magic, Nuggets and the rest.. Nothing like what the teams looked like in the beginning of the season.  Somehow, I dont like it
    Posted by Karllost

I agree with you... but things do get awfully interesting as the trading deadline approaches.

I can also remember when good players stayed with their teams throughout their careers... and made tens of thousands per year instead of tens of millions.

Pud

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Driscoll92587. Show Driscoll92587's posts

In Response to This NBA blowzzzz:
    Used to be you were stuck with the team you had in the beginning of the season, at least thats what I think it was. Now, get near the trade deadline and the face of teams can change completely... its like the team you followed and sweated out games with is now a different team trying to learn how to play with each other all over again. Look at the KNicks, Celtics, Magic, Nuggets and the rest.. Nothing like what the teams looked like in the beginning of the season.  Somehow, I dont like it
    Posted by Karllost

I agree with you Karl.  It's definitely not my ideal situation for the NBA.  I don't like getting used to seeing a player in Celtics laundry and then having to root against them if they get traded by Feb. 24th.  It just doesn't seem right. 

Don't get me wrong, I like having Jeff Green on this team, but it just seems blasphemous to cheer him on knowing that we gave up a guy who blew his knee out, worked so hard to come back, and then our franchise turns their back on him.  It makes players seem like assets, not people.  It used to be that when we saw a player, he wouldn't be a name n the back of a jersey.  He would be a Celtic, a Laker, a Knick, etc.  They would be role models to their city, icons to their fans.  Now it feels like they are just rentals.  It just seems like owners are just trying to get a quick fix, and I don't like it one bit.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from siestafiesta. Show siestafiesta's posts

I agree. I don't mind old-fashioned, legitimate trades, they make good fodder for conversation.  But it seems like over 90% of NBA transactions are strictly financial moves.  You see teams trading contracts or trying to add expiring contracts, and then you have the buyouts which allow teams that are well over the cap to sign players.  It is a joke.  Way too many loopholes in the salary cap and the CBA.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Karllost. Show Karllost's posts

Its got to kill some degree of fan loyalty.

Celtics fans got to love KG.. now if he got traded the other day for say Artest & Odom, how can we do such an about face and get behind them while hoping KG bombs out in the finals against us??

I mean, theres just so much movement. Look at the Celtics.. we dumped 5 players, including a starter and added 3 new players and possibly more to come... This all with just 20+ games left in the season.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Driscoll92587. Show Driscoll92587's posts

In Response to Re: This NBA blowzzzz:
    Its got to kill some degree of fan loyalty. Celtics fans got to love KG.. now if he got traded the other day for say Artest & Odom, how can we do such an about face and get behind them while hoping KG bombs out in the finals against us?? I mean, theres just so much movement. Look at the Celtics.. we dumped 5 players, including a starter and added 3 new players and possibly more to come... This all with just 20+ games left in the season.
    Posted by Karllost

Absolutely.  Not only fan loyalty, but team chemistry.  The starting Five wee so good because they were our starting 5 for 3 years, and now they need to adjust to having a new guy in there and trust him enough to be apart of the offensive and defensive sets.  Moreover, even the bench needs to make these adjustments.  Davis is going to have to go back to his post game now that Green and Delonte are back, and the fact that Krystic and Murphy are mid range jump shooters.  Alot of adjustments and only a little time to do so...

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from shines01. Show shines01's posts

I love this

Reminds me of baseball.  Trim the fat, load for bear.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from OneNation. Show OneNation's posts

The old days were better. No question.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from P34. Show P34's posts

In the old days there was also no Twitter.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from OneNation. Show OneNation's posts

In Response to Re: This NBA blowzzzz:
    In the old days there was also no Twitter.
    Posted by P34

I still don't know what that word means. Is it a swear?

Sections
Shortcuts