This Season is Already Tainted.

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from RajonRondowski. Show RajonRondowski's posts

This Season is Already Tainted.

-

I hate to be negative in this, the season to be jolly, but I was so excited to hear that the strike had ended and that the Celtics would open their season on Christmas day.  So excited and so looking forward.  But then it quickly went south along with my Celtic joy.

Danny made a huge mistake getting involved in the Rondo/Paul debacle.  Bad GM, bad GM.  Extremely poor decision making during a time when he should have been roster building.

And the League, already of questionable credibility (although we tend not to notice till the refs begin determining the outcome of playoff games), damaged whatever credibility they might have had by interfering with a trade made by the one team the League controls.  The Chris Paul debacle was so overwhelmingly negative it has put a cloud over this already shortened season.

If the League controls the team why didn't they give N.O. executives clear guidelines on what trades would or would not be acceptable?  Why did they make the league look less than legitimate after GMs spent weeks negotiating only to be left with a bitter taste in their mouths and egg on their faces.  The Paul debacle has been a PR nightmare for the NBA.

Danny bit at a very long shot, lost out and in the process created a negative vibe around the roster and his all-star point guard.  Poor judgement in my opinion.  Rondo and the other vets have to feel betrayed and disgusted despite their lip service to professionalism.

There are only a handful of good point guards in the league and Boston has one of them.  Danny should have been looking for top-notch backups at Pt guard and center instead of alienating Rondo and his fellow veterans chasing a player who clearly did not want to come to Boston.

And again there was absolutely no guarantee that Paul would mesh with this team and take us any farther than with Rondo at the point.  His shoot first mentality would be taking shots away from the scoring core of Ray, Paul, and KG.  What they needed from Danny was to put together a bench that can at least hold a lead if not extend one.

And then came the bad new on Jeff Green.  That's just bad luck, but it exacerbates Danny's bad judgement because he wasted time on the Rondo/Paul fiasco instead of roster building.

I was so very excited and looking forward to the season one month ago.  Not so much now.  The NBA could f />ck up a wet dream.

I'd almost wished they'd canceled the season and held out for a better CBA that would lead to league parity and prevent the inmates from running amok in the asylum.  Instead we got the Chris Paul fiasco.  What a league!

-

2. This post has been removed.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from BiasLewis. Show BiasLewis's posts

Re: This Season is Already Tainted.

I'm going to remain optimistic HOWEVER if we get to the trade deadline and aren't a top 4 seed if I were Ainge I would go to the Big 3 and ask them were they want to go. Give them a chance to go to a contender and get some cap room and picks for the next few drafts.

Next year's draft will be very good.

4. This post has been removed.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from BoylestonBB. Show BoylestonBB's posts

In Response to This Season is Already Tainted.:
    [QUOTE]-  Instead we got the Chris Paul fiasco.  What a league! -
    Posted by RajonRondowski[/QUOTE]

On a side note, it is intriguing to see Stern squirm to retain power with his power base significantly eroding. Cuban’s comments are interesting, he makes up 1/30 of Stern’s employers.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from maryngary. Show maryngary's posts

WE have the big three, plus near allstar Rondo, plus Wilcox and Bass who should fit in nicely, plus two four year rookies, plus a point that is said to be better than Delonte, plus a miracle recovery and hungry player in Daniels, THAT IS 10 PLAYER ROTATION, now it is up  to the great Doc Rivers to motivate and use some imagination.  We should win our share to tough games and the other good teams Bulls, Miami, and New York will be knocking each other off some, near good teams like Pacers and Atlanta will pull off some upsets, It looks like we might just be in the mix and that is all we can ask, be in the mix and go on a roll in the playoffs and ANYTHING IS POSSIBLE.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from RajonRondowski. Show RajonRondowski's posts

-

Thanks for that pep talk maryngary, I really needed that.

But who will come in to keep Ray & Rondo from playing 37 minutes a game?

Which 5 players will come off the bench and hold a lead that the starters put up?

Does this team look better than last years team?

I'm just glad O'Neil is healthy, but given too many minutes he will breakdown.  Even Ray & Rondo, the iron men of the lineup showed the strain of too many minutes when we got to the playoffs.

I really expected Danny to make some interesting moves to shore up the veterans from last season and instead he let us and the team down by embarking on a wild goose chase to nowhere instead of shoring up the team at crucial positions.

I hope for the best, but Danny really screwed us up this season.  This was a window to Number 18, but now it's been narrowed to a peephole.

I just hope the chemistry has not been irrovacably damaged and that Doc does not play his vets right into the ground as he usually does.

This should be a go for broke season, play the rooks, play everybody and make some moves that make sense.

-

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Red-16Russ-11. Show Red-16Russ-11's posts

PLEASE don't start, Rondowski!!!  In the name of everything that is Holy at Christmas time, for the love of God and all things Celtic - PLEASE don't start a tainted thread!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

9. This post has been removed.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Celtsfan4life. Show Celtsfan4life's posts

In Response to Re: This Season is Already Tainted.:
    [QUOTE]I'm going to remain optimistic HOWEVER if we get to the trade deadline and aren't a top 4 seed if I were Ainge I would go to the Big 3 and ask them were they want to go. Give them a chance to go to a contender and get some cap room and picks for the next few drafts. Next year's draft will be very good.
    Posted by BiasLewis[/QUOTE]

Gotta believe that's Danny's plan, too.  But, that assumes someone will actually trade for those salaries of Ray or KG.  I bet PP is not touchable, however.  He's a lifetime Celt and I hope he stays that way.  

11. This post has been removed.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from puddinpuddin. Show puddinpuddin's posts

Earth to Rondowski.....

"Danny made a huge mistake getting involved in the Rondo/Paul debacle.  Bad GM, bad GM.  Extremely poor decision making during a time when he should have been roster building."

Efforts to swap Rondo for Paul was DA's attempt at roster building, pure and simple.

Unfortunately, NO didn't see it that way... and neither  did you.

Sorry your feelings got hurt.

Get over it.

Pud

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from RajonRondowski. Show RajonRondowski's posts

[QUOTE]PLEASE don't start, Rondowski!!!  In the name of everything that is Holy at Christmas time, for the love of God and all things Celtic - PLEASE don't start a tainted thread!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Posted by Red-16Russ-11[/QUOTE]

-

Too little, too late, Red-Russ.  Once a Tainted Thread gets a-rollin, it seems to get a life of it's own, which is more than I can say about a lot of these get-a-lifers around here.

What this season needs is a little humour, jus a wee l'il bit, and if I can help in some small way to provide that, then that's in the Xmas spirit.

Now, I'm not sayin that there's a conspiracy afoot, that's pretty much self evident, but somehow Danny Ainge seems to be at the center of this malestorm of pre-taintedness which seems to be moving inexorably toward Full-Fledged-Taint.

It's in God's hands now, God's and Danny's, for ye shall reap jus what ye sowed.  And Danny sowed a stinker this time.

It's time for the Big Three & Rondo to slouch toward Bethlehem and bring back a miracle in the form of Title # 18.

One that ain't tainted.

-

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from BoylestonBB. Show BoylestonBB's posts

[QUOTE]This is funny: SamSmithHoops  Jeff Foster? Rare double/double in collecting both NBA salary and NBA pension . How long has that guy been around? 10 seconds ago  ·  reply  ·  retweet  ·  favorite
    Posted by Fiercest34[/QUOTE]

Foster was always likely to be the first

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from gman101019. Show gman101019's posts

"There are only a handful of good point guards in the league and Boston has one of them"

In case you havent noticed this is the golden era of pg's

cp3
    rose
    westbrook
    wall
    deron williams
    tony parker
    nash
    steph curry
    billups
    ty lawson
    devin harris
    andre miller
    Just to name a few good pgs.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from RajonRondowski. Show RajonRondowski's posts

-

Last time I checked an "attempt' at roster building does not count as "roster building".  That pisspoor attempt Danny made probably sent our season into the tank.  That was pathetic, no more, no less, and we got squat to show for it.

And a handful of good point guards, top tier point guards is all the league has, and that attempt at nit-picking belies the point I made that Boston has one of the top tier point guards and really only needed a backup at that position and at center.  Instead we have a make-shift roster due to Danny's short-sightedness.

Let's hope for the best, maybe some of the new guys will surprise us, but I'm seeing a team sorely lacking in depth with an aging core that can't put up big minutes especially given the grueling schedule of back-to-backs.

It's tainted.  Thanks Danny, thanks NBA.

-

17. This post has been removed.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from gman101019. Show gman101019's posts

"But Rondo is the only one in that list that shoots below 70% from the FT line. That makes Rondo very unique. Ha Ha"

Dont worry rondo figured it out, your ft% is irrelevant as long as you DONT go to the line. 

Im a big rondo fan, but the thing that pisses me off is his lack of improving his ft shooting, its ok that he cant shoot mid range jumpers or hit 3s. But a pg's got to be able to get to the line and convert.
    Its to the point that its EFFECTING the rest of his game.  Taking more jumpers, more kick out passes when he does get into the lane, crazy floater shots to avoid contact, and my personal favorite his lack of a left handed layup  (when hes on the left side of the rim and twists his body so he can use his right hand) or even worse he goes up and under and throws up one of those crazy spin shots high off the backboard. If you look at rondos career numbers hes been the same player for the last 3 years while others (rose, westbrook etc) seem to add to their games every year. Rondo hasnt taken that leap yet.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from puddinpuddin. Show puddinpuddin's posts

[QUOTE]- Last time I checked an "attempt' at roster building does not count as "roster building".  That pisspoor attempt Danny made probably sent our season into the tank.  That was pathetic, no more, no less, and we got squat to show for it. And a handful of good point guards, top tier point guards is all the league has, and that attempt at nit-picking belies the point I made that Boston has one of the top tier point guards and really only needed a backup at that position and at center.  Instead we have a make-shift roster due to Danny's short-sightedness. Let's hope for the best, maybe some of the new guys will surprise us, but I'm seeing a team sorely lacking in depth with an aging core that can't put up big minutes especially given the grueling schedule of back-to-backs. It's tainted.  Thanks Danny, thanks NBA. -

Nothing to show for it? Really Rondowski?

YOung Rondo certainly got the long overdue message that he needs to clean up his act PRONTO.

Message sent.... message received.

No more pouting. No more quitting on the team. No more temper tantrums. NO more "constructive defiance."  No more childish insubordination.

Otherwise, he is LONG GONE!

NO simply didn't want him.. and how could you blame them.

Pud

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from RajonRondowski. Show RajonRondowski's posts

-

Really.

Nothing to show for it.  Except a team that is disgusted and most likely feels betrayed and rightfully so.

We'll see what message was sent and what message received by the way the team performs, won't we.

-

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from puddinpuddin. Show puddinpuddin's posts

[QUOTE]- Really.   Nothing to show for it.  Except a team that is disgusted and most likely feels betrayed and rightfully so. We'll see what message was sent and what message received by the way the team performs, won't we. -

Indeed we will. And the team is bigger than any one player.

Kudos to management for daring to get Rondo's attention.

Pud

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from BoylestonBB. Show BoylestonBB's posts

Its amusing to see the blame game is in full swing - sad

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from tjwoods. Show tjwoods's posts

I'm hoping Doc has visited with the shamans and been transformed into a coach who will play and develop young talent. This team has had it for several years, but Doc never gives them enough rope. This team is old. It has to have a deep rotation to go anywhere.

DannyA, please get this across to Doc.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from RajonRondowski. Show RajonRondowski's posts

-

What's sad is to see a supposedly smart GM like Danny get duped by his own greed, shortsightedness, and gullibility. 

What's sad is to see a fan-base so fickle that they turn on one of their own in a feeding frenzy over a player that doesn't even want any part of playing for Boston.

What's sad is to see a GM so blind and so ignorant of individual and group psychology that he gambles the last best shot the Big Three have at a title in a futile chase of a player so manipulative and shallow that it would have been a shame to see him in green in exchange for Rondo.

To say it's sad to see the so called blame game in full swing is just an example of the use of rhetoric and a weak one at that, saying nothing rather than focusing on the topic at hand: calling Danny's actions in pursuing Paul what they were;  foolish and destructive in the short term and in the long run.

If you got nothing to say, say nothing.  Spare us the rhetoric.

Now the rhetoricians among us try to spin it that Danny was just sending Rondo a message and that Rondo should now "Get it".  I've rarely heard anything more ridiculous, laughable, and ludicrous.

I'm sure Rondo and the other veterans "get it" alright.  They get the message that Danny screwed up and sent the team and their hopes for a great season down the river.

Now watch Danny and management try to spin things in a positive way and watch them try to scramble trying to set the ship right.  Can they do it?  We'll see won't we.  No need to argue about it.  The team's performance will tell the story.

Maybe the rooks and the underachievers Danny signed will light a fire under the team and carry the C's to a title.  Maybe Danny will pull a great signing out of his nether regions.  We'll just have to wait and see.

I hope for the best, but for me the season starts out tainted, that's all I'm saying.  It could have started out a whole lot better.

Tainted is an understatement.

-

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rajon-Hondo. Show Rajon-Hondo's posts

Maybe I'm missing something but,I really feel good about this roster in a 66 game season. There are concerns but when is there not? We have a nice blend and now are more adaptable matchup wise and deeper in talent at the bench rotation than we have been in the last couple of years. We had 8.5 mil in wasted cap space because of Shaq and Rashweed, because we hung too much on them staying healthy and having 1-2 good years left that put us in the cap pinch this year. Naysayers aside we are in contention this season without mortgaging our future. Props to DA,nobody hits a home run everytime,but I believe in his abilities as a GM more than as a player.