This should be a great day!!

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from hedleylamarr. Show hedleylamarr's posts

This should be a great day!!

At least I hope so.  This could be our first troll free day in a long time.  We know JimmyJack won't show his face, since we are now 2-0 against Hollinger's binkies.  But, lakers trolls may not show up, either.  For all their hype and all their smack talk about how "scary" good they are, the fact is  - they are 8-1.....we are 7-2.  If they do show up, wonder what kind of excuses we will hear from them.....here's a hint - they will be the same ones we've been accused of using since June.

I declare this a troll-free day, enjoy!

Apparently someone forgot to tell Mr. Hollinger that the Boston Celtics are alive and well!!

Nate's last basket, IMO, was the nail in last night's coffin.  On the road, you have to keep making shots, because on the road, you get NO calls down the stretch!!

Go Green!!!!

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Duke4. Show Duke4's posts

Re: This should be a great day!!

Here Here....I second that emotion.....

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Petey62. Show Petey62's posts

No doubt hedleylamarr!  Down the stretch (especially on the road), it's about continuing to execute your offense and making baskets because we were not going to get the calls as Miami played desparate.  And that is what we did.

I also liked the way we challenged them on defense and made their shots difficult.  One thing though, Miami just does not have good players.  I just don't believe, even when they figure things out, they have enough outside of LeBron and Wade, to be good enough.  Notice I did not even include Bosh.  He is lost and looks so "average".

Miami thought they were adding 2 "superstars" to play with Wade.  Actually they got one "superstar" and 1 fairly average limited player.  They basically have 2 very good players on the court with 3 other guys and when one of those very good players is off his game, they are in trouble.  They rely on average, at best, role players to make contributions they are incapable of making.  I am not so sure they will figure things out as much as they begin to realize this mix just might not work.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from jofc. Show jofc's posts

I missed both games last night.  Boston takes miami down twice so far...very impressive.  i can only look at the box score and speculate, but it seems like they really did a great job of keeping Wade in check.  could this end up being yet ANOTHER boston/la finals? 

hedley, duke - good to hear from you guys again...hope you had a great summer!

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from BiasLewis. Show BiasLewis's posts

Now let's hope they don't feel themselves too much and go to Memphis and lay an egg. The Heat win will mean nothing.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from walk2run. Show walk2run's posts

Delonte's back on Sunday...we'll be better....scary better!!!!

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Duke4. Show Duke4's posts

In Response to Re: This should be a great day!!:
    [QUOTE]I missed both games last night.  Boston takes miami down twice so far...very impressive.  i can only look at the box score and speculate, but it seems like they really did a great job of keeping Wade in check.  could this end up being yet ANOTHER boston/la finals?  hedley, duke - good to hear from you guys again...hope you had a great summer!
    Posted by jofc[/QUOTE]

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from hedleylamarr. Show hedleylamarr's posts

It was a great day!!!
    Only JimmyJack showed his face, and was quickly shot down by other posters.  NO lakers trolls all day!!!

Ah, serenity!!

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Duke4. Show Duke4's posts

Hi Buddy.....glad to see you are back on board.......wouldn't Boston/LA be awesome?  ....

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from RUWorthy. Show RUWorthy's posts

[QUOTE]No doubt hedleylamarr!  Down the stretch (especially on the road), it's about continuing to execute your offense and making baskets because we were not going to get the calls as Miami played desparate.  And that is what we did. I also liked the way we challenged them on defense and made their shots difficult.  One thing though, Miami just does not have good players.  I just don't believe, even when they figure things out, they have enough outside of LeBron and Wade, to be good enough.  Notice I did not even include Bosh.  He is lost and looks so "average". Miami thought they were adding 2 "superstars" to play with Wade.  Actually they got one "superstar" and 1 fairly average limited player.  They basically have 2 very good players on the court with 3 other guys and when one of those very good players is off his game, they are in trouble.  They rely on average, at best, role players to make contributions they are incapable of making.  I am not so sure they will figure things out as much as they begin to realize this mix just might not work.
    Posted by Petey62[/QUOTE]

It's weird how the Heat haven't seemed to have improved from last season.

You're right about Wade and Lebron. It's a difficult situation for them, I don't think either guy would want to take on the role of the 'supporting' superstar. And it really shouldn't be Wade as it is essentially his team.

Although it can be argued that back in 1980 the Lakers were Kareems team although this may not have really been the case in some respects.

Perhaps the Heat need to look at the Jordan era Bulls as a model on how to run this team. Although I think the Bulls had a much better supporting cast of players around Jordan and Pippen.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from susan250. Show susan250's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: This should be a great day!! : It's weird how the Heat haven't seemed to have improved from last season. You're right about Wade and Lebron. It's a difficult situation for them, I don't think either guy would want to take on the role of the 'supporting' superstar. And it really shouldn't be Wade as it is essentially his team. Although it can be argued that back in 1980 the Lakers were Kareems team although this may not have really been the case in some respects. Perhaps the Heat need to look at the Jordan era Bulls as a model on how to run this team. Although I think the Bulls had a much better supporting cast of players around Jordan and Pippen.
    Posted by RUWorthy[/QUOTE]

Very good points and I definitely agree with you. 

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from hedleylamarr. Show hedleylamarr's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: This should be a great day!! : It's weird how the Heat haven't seemed to have improved from last season. You're right about Wade and Lebron. It's a difficult situation for them, I don't think either guy would want to take on the role of the 'supporting' superstar. And it really shouldn't be Wade as it is essentially his team. Although it can be argued that back in 1980 the Lakers were Kareems team although this may not have really been the case in some respects. Perhaps the Heat need to look at the Jordan era Bulls as a model on how to run this team. Although I think the Bulls had a much better supporting cast of players around Jordan and Pippen.
    Posted by RUWorthy[/QUOTE]

Well....I agree to a point.  Why is it always Jordan and Pippen?  I think inherently that is the problem.  I agree that it as Kareem's team, for two reasons:
    1.  Kareem was there first
    2.  Magic said it was Kareem's team.

That is the difference.  The Heat are whose team, exactly?  Wade was there first, but MeBron is "the King" ha ha.  Is it Wade and James, or James and Wade?  For a reference from "your" team.  Was it Shaq and Kobe, or Kobe and Shaq?  I lived in MA at the time, and NEVER heard it Kobe and Shaq!!!  Is that the reason he left?  One of the reasons he left?  Did Kobe want it to be Kobe and Shaq?

Jerry Lewis grew weary of Martin and Lewis, despite what he says now.

If Wade and James can ever co-exist, they need to figure that out quickly!!

Sections
Shortcuts