This tanking for the #1 pick crap sucks!

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from N2thaIzzo. Show N2thaIzzo's posts

This tanking for the #1 pick crap sucks!

The NBA needs to figure out how to fix this issue.  I really don't want to watch the Celts next season knowing they are doing everything they can to secure one of the worst records in hopes of getting Wiggins, Parker, or whoever else is supposed to be a beast in the 2014 draft.  Hope Silver figures something out.

2. This post has been removed.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheOriginalDfury13. Show TheOriginalDfury13's posts

Re: This tanking for the #1 pick crap sucks!

Besides it's rigged so we don't get it.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

Look how many fun, young teams that didn't tank were rewarded with the #1 pick in recent years

The Cavs just this year had a roster of young guys who competed, scared clubs, were like the 7th or 8th worst team, and got the #1 pick.

The Bulls in '08, with Noah, Deng and Gordon already on hand trying night in and night out and the Trailblazers of '07 with Roy and Aldridge were both in that 7-10 range when they got pick #1.

Same with the '93 Magic 1 year after getting Shaq and having the worst odds a year later.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

I agree that I would hate to see a team like the '97 C's with a tank mentality and a smiling on the outside dying on the inside figurehead of a coach playing godawful ball, yanking veterans with hot hands late in games and running them to death in practice (see recent Jackie Mac article).

The bball god's have proven to frown on teams like that. The Bobcats are a recent example.

I want to see the Celts try hard and show some fight each night, win 25-30 games, maybe be in that 4-7 range of the lotto (where they are guaranteed an elite building block player regardless) and then have the luck turn our way with pick #1.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from chris33. Show chris33's posts

In response to N2thaIzzo's comment:

The NBA needs to figure out how to fix this issue.  I really don't want to watch the Celts next season knowing they are doing everything they can to secure one of the worst records in hopes of getting Wiggins, Parker, or whoever else is supposed to be a beast in the 2014 draft.  Hope Silver figures something out.

What issue?

Ainge dumped Rivers, Pierce, and Garnett at exactly the right time.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheOriginalDfury13. Show TheOriginalDfury13's posts

WE aren't getting Wiggins the lottery is rigged so we don't get number 1. We never ever will get it. Get it?

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from chris33. Show chris33's posts

In response to TheOriginalDfury13's comment:

WE aren't getting Wiggins the lottery is rigged so we don't get number 1. We never ever will get it. Get it?

Stern will be gone by next years lottery.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from MrCricket. Show MrCricket's posts

don't watch the celtics next season then. problem solved! ainge is doing the right thing and real C's fans recognize that.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from teejaytee70. Show teejaytee70's posts

I'm looking forward to next year.  As a fan, I'll always choose to watch young players developing over old players declining.

11. This post has been removed.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from GACELTFAN. Show GACELTFAN's posts

I don't think we will be as bad as many people envision. There are a lot of teams in the east who appear to be weaker that I amm sure will have the same strategy.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from wozzy. Show wozzy's posts

We tanked the year of Greg Oden and Kevin Durant and didn't get the #1 or even #2 pick, the NBA awards the high picks to the teams most financially in peril or to owners who threaten to move the team or both; in short like DFury said, it's rigged.

The better bet is to create cap space and acquire a bunch of young pieces that will be attractive in trade, get one superstar to agree to join another superstar in Boston.  The only other option is to acquire so many 1st round draft picks that Danny can't miss when he picks, but either way... we're rebuilding again.

14. This post has been removed.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from BirdLewsBias. Show BirdLewsBias's posts

I don't think Ainge wants to tank just for the #1 pick but he wants to have enough picks in a deep draft in the event he wants to move up or make trades. Wiggins and Parker are two guys that only come around every 5-7 years so you want to be in a position to get one.

16. This post has been removed.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from N2thaIzzo. Show N2thaIzzo's posts

I think yall are missing my point.  I agree we need to rebuild, and i understand, they only way to do it in the nba is to suck and hope a future superstar lands in your lap.  I like the fact that Ainge got all the picks he got and all of that.  My point is, next season is probably going to be wasted because we are trying to get a top pick.  Why not make teams earn the pick on the court.  Have a playoff style tourney for the teams that don't make the playoffs.  Best team gets home court advantage and all.  All series best of 3.  Winner or tourney gets #1.  I bet team owners wouldn't purposely suck then.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from painter. Show painter's posts

Besides it's rigged so we don't get it.

+1  Yeah, Stern's last "request" (to his toady replacement).

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from rochrist. Show rochrist's posts

I was thinking abouot number one picks the other day and it occurred to me that I don't believe the Celtics have HAD a number one pick in the draft since the 1950s. I wonder if any other team has gone that long without one.

Sections
Shortcuts