THIS TEAM... COULD HAVE BEEN GREAT

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheDUDDER. Show TheDUDDER's posts

Re: THIS TEAM... COULD HAVE BEEN GREAT

In Response to Re: THIS TEAM... COULD HAVE BEEN GREAT:
    In Response to Re: THIS TEAM... COULD HAVE BEEN GREAT : I definitely agree with your assessment of many of the bench players that Danny has acquired during the last few seasons.  If we currently had bench players that could contribute like the championship season bench, we may have won more games during this series.  A good bench is very important during the playoffs, and our current bench hasn't contributed much. 
    Posted by susan250

That is because the gigantic salaries of 4 of the players have hamstrung their ability to add quality depth.

I have often wondered what would have happened had Perk not been hurt.  I think Danny panicked and overpaid J O and signed Shaq (not much money) but was there some other combination of transactions possible had Perk not gotten hurt.

2010-2011 nba salary cap - $58 million, Rondo, Ray, KG, PP - 52 million....

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from susan250. Show susan250's posts

Re: THIS TEAM... COULD HAVE BEEN GREAT

In Response to Re: THIS TEAM... COULD HAVE BEEN GREAT:
    In Response to Re: THIS TEAM... COULD HAVE BEEN GREAT : That is because the gigantic salaries of 4 of the players have hamstrung their ability to add quality depth. I have often wondered what would have happened had Perk not been hurt.  I think Danny panicked and overpaid J O and signed Shaq (not much money) but was there some other combination of transactions possible had Perk not gotten hurt. 2010-2011 nba salary cap - $58 million, Rondo, Ray, KG, PP - 52 million....
    Posted by TheDUDDER

You are right.  It is going to be even worse next year because of the new CBA.  Not just for the Celtics, but many NBA teams. 

Sections
Shortcuts