This team does not look good going forward

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from mem17. Show mem17's posts

Re: This team does not look good going forward

Two of the starting 5 are hurt. Add Delonte West and Perk to the injured list. What do you expect?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

Take you concept of team and remove the two key cogs on offense and defense and your going to struggle.  I will guarantee you the Celtics will play better when Rondo returns.  And when and if Garnett gets back look out.  I am not worried about the Heat anymore than I was worried about the Cavs  last year. They are good and if we are whole later in the year we are better. 

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from NoraG1. Show NoraG1's posts

Step away from your computer Celticsboy, you posts are over the top in ridiculousness.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from CHEisCHE. Show CHEisCHE's posts

NOW WE WILL SEE THOSE POSTERS WHO ARE TALKING THAT....Chicken Came Before the Egg:

lET'S HEAR IT -- TIME TO EAT THE WORDS FOLKS.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from edcap99. Show edcap99's posts

In Response to This team does not look good going forward:
    How promising things look in the first 25 games and now KG went down and a game loss at home when it was pretty much winnable. The team played almost like a chicken with its head cut off. Doc making the most idiotic rotation at the last minute. He kept trying and trying to find something that would work, he did but instead of sticking with it. He tampered with it and the result, LOSS. Just watching that game, i just felt bad, some awfull feeling in my stomach, like, this does not look good. I see everyone calling for Rondo, please, Rondo is not going to save this team. You guys keep forgetting that the Boston Celtics are one of many teams in the league, if not the only team, that really operates as a, "team", so they feed off of each other. To think that plugging Rondo in there is all of sudden going to make the offense run smoother, you're joking yourself. Rondo may have the assist but he still has terrible, terrible defense where he plays sideways to his man and let him blow by him. Still have no confidence in his shots and occasionally, tries to pass too much and wonders off. At the same time, Miami Heat have probably finally Gelled together and looking ferocious like a three headed monster. I knew this would happen, that Miami would find its groove, people are scared shtless of them, I sure am and can't see how the Celtics are going to defeat Miami and Orlando to get to the finals. Especially when you have a 6'7, FAT, can't make a lay up, shooting unadvised 3's for a Center. We are doomed but i may be wrong.
    Posted by celticsboy11
    You sound like a fair-weathered Celtics fan. The performance of the team has been phenomenal considering that it has never played with its roster intact. How many teams in the league can claim the same. It is precisely because they are playing as a team that has gotten them this far. We can't expect wins every night, as fatigue will eventually creep in and there will also be the occassional off-nights for the key players. Rondo's return to action will definitely aid the offense because CPP and Nate, for instance, will be able to concentrate more on their shooting instead of ball handling and running the plays. Understand that the Celtic offense is anchored on Rondo running it. Call it what you will, but that's what it is. Rondo has his flaws, but he's been great for this team. Granted that the Miami Heat scare the sh*t out of you, then why not switch sides? In that way, you won't be scared anymore. No Fear.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from BiasLewis. Show BiasLewis's posts

This team is good BUT when guys are forced to step out of their roles it causes major problems. When everyone knows what they are suppose to do they cannot be stopped.

JON looked more competitive today...that's a good sign.

The problem for Doc now is not to run PP and RA in the ground. THe two guys I look to play better are Erden and Wafer. Call me crazy but they bring certain aspects to the 2nd unit that keep things flowing if they are playing well.

It's going to be a tough stretch

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

I predict not so tough when Rondo returns.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from BRADinLA. Show BRADinLA's posts

Why is this celticsboy idiot even posting here?  The fact that this team, as depleted as it is right had a chance to win a close game against an above .500 western conference team without three incredibly important starters is actually encouraging if anything.  Look at it like this: last year, if the Lakers lost Kobe, Pau and Bynum all at once for any significant stretch of time they would've done far worse than we are now and they won the championship (unfortunately).  Rondo, KG, Perk and Delonte are crucial players, each in their own way.  Even saying that "oh, but we can't beat a team at home that the Lakers destroyed the other night" is such a erroneous way to look at this in so many ways.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from OneOnOne. Show OneOnOne's posts

In Response to Re: This team does not look good going forward:
    Two of the starting 5 are hurt. Add Delonte West and Perk to the injured list. What do you expect?
    Posted by mem17

Make that 3 of the starting 5

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from BostonTrollSpanker. Show BostonTrollSpanker's posts

OK, I'll walk you off this ledge and then that's the last post of yours I'll respond to in this forum, because I think you actually enjoy the ledge because it adds some kind of drama to your existence. 

Here's the deal: as long as players like KG and Perk and Rondo come back, the Celts will be in the Eastern Conference mix, likely in the eastern conference finals. 

Don't be fooled by some minor injuries, the Celts were built to withstand those in the long haul. 

If a key player is lost for the year, that all changes. 

The eastern conference is not deep with great teams. The two best teams besides the Celts, Heat and Magic, both have flaws. The Celts don't have to be perfect or invincible to win the east. 

My advice to you is to relax and enjoy a competetive season, because we probably will have some rebuilding seasons in years to come.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from susan250. Show susan250's posts

Agree that with all of the injuries the Celtics were going to lose some games.  We can only hope that the entire team is healthy at some point in the season and they should win most of their games.  Even the return of Delonte and Rondo should help this team considerably.  Still not sure how long KG will be out, but I am trying to remain optimistic and hope that he doesn't miss many games.  Still not sure what Perk will contribute when he returns, but even a few minutes a game will help.  Do you think many of the other teams in the NBA would still be winning games with the number of injuries that the Celtics have? 

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Celtsfan4life. Show Celtsfan4life's posts

Hang in there, Celtsboy, and try to learn from last year.  This team has a lot of fight and talent and heart, but more importantly, they now have more talent and help than last year.   So, recovering from a bad time of injuries and struggles is just as likely in 2011 as it was in 2010.  Outside of the fact that Miami, Chicago, and Orlando are definitely better than the teams we faced last year - we can have faith that we'll survive this rough stretch and come out of it even better.   We are better and will get stronger as we get players back.

Sections
Shortcuts