This team has no business being a #1 seed

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from rpn313. Show rpn313's posts

This team has no business being a #1 seed

Losing to the clippers, the sixers, and the nets in a span of a week.

Do you see the Spurs, or the Bulls, or the Heat, or the Mavs doing this, playing like this?  If this team comes out as a #1 seed, I think it's an embarrassment for the conference.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Laker-Nation32. Show Laker-Nation32's posts

Re: This team has no business being a #1 seed

Hedley says the east is just as good as the west. Never mind the championship count since 2000 or the head to head record this season or the fact the east 8th seed would be a lowly.......13th in the west. Yea right hedley!

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from PogiAko. Show PogiAko's posts

I'm sick and tired of this team, they don't see the urgency to win games. They let easy games slip away from them, they're losing games against poor teams, funny!!!

The Lakers is catching up on us, 1 win and the Bulls are now No. 1 in the East. And we might end up at No. 2 spot, facing the Knicks!!!

We can't get out of the first round. Wow, we lose games to this poor teams, i couldn't handle it. 

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from rpn313. Show rpn313's posts

The Heat are beating the Spurs.  After tonight, the C's are tied with the Bulls and the Heat have refound their groove, will be 2 games behind. 2 games separating the 3 teams for the #1 seed.  Still like our chances?  I don't.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from rpn313. Show rpn313's posts

The C's are stumbling into the playoffs, never a good sign.  Who do you really see this team beating right now?  The Bobcats?  The Sixers?  That's right, the first round opponent will be no joke for these C's, who play down to the competition.  Would anyone really be THAT surprised if the C's got knocked out first round?  If you're honest with this question than you'll see how much trouble we really are in.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

doc has said that he is not going to rush people back and this is the result.  I hope he is right. But I think this team needs to pull out stops and win these supposedly easy games.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Waynestarr. Show Waynestarr's posts

The way they've been playing lately, #1 seed is out of the question.

It just seems like the Bulls and Heat are peaking, and we're sputtering to the finish line out of gas.

We just don't look like a championship caliber team at the moment. Hopefully we can get some of the injured players back soon.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from rpn313. Show rpn313's posts

There is no inkling of a championship team here, for anyone who saw the game tonight.  The futility inspires no confidence that these guys can come out on top in the grueling playoffs. 

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from hedleylamarr. Show hedleylamarr's posts

In Response to Re: This team has no business being a #1 seed:
    [QUOTE]Hedley says the east is just as good as the west. Never mind the championship count since 2000 or the head to head record this season or the fact the east 8th seed would be a lowly.......13th in the west. Yea right hedley!
    Posted by Laker-Nation32[/QUOTE]

Hedley says the East is TOP-HEAVY, you jerk!!

Hedley says the top 4 teams in the East could compete in the West.

Hedley is right.  Don't you ever speak for me - you'd mess it up, like you just have!!

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Qdaddy. Show Qdaddy's posts

I told you clowns that Danny Ainge may have torpedoed that Championship run and right now there's no reason to change my opinion. And don't think Shaq will come riding to the rescue. His fat butt can't get off the trainer's table.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from rpn313. Show rpn313's posts

It is really laughable as to why Shaq is no where to be found.  I mean Delonte did break his wrist, but Shaq, that is an enigma.  And you would think that Shaq would have some personal pride in wanting to come back ASAP to help this team.  All the good feelings for Shaq in the beginning of the season is depreciating with every day he's not on the floor.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from P34. Show P34's posts

[QUOTE]I told you clowns that Danny Ainge may have torpedoed that Championship run and right now there's no reason to change my opinion. And don't think Shaq will come riding to the rescue. His fat butt can't get off the trainer's table.
    Posted by Qdaddy[/QUOTE]

It's a good thing you showed up. You just made sure something good happens to the Celtics or something bad will happen to the Lakers. 

HAHAHA!!!

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from breaktime. Show breaktime's posts

Playing the way the have over the last week, I have to agree.
    Weak effort and nonchalance when playing weaker teams is going to make it tougher for them in the playoffs.
    You'd think they'd know this by now.
    This is a smart team.  I don't understand why they don't see what they're doing to their playoff chances.
    Plus they've got more back to backs coming up.
    Sombody ought to state the obvious in the locker room.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from guyfromtex. Show guyfromtex's posts

There is no need to panic. There have been many times that I have been critical of Doc and especially DAinge but I like what Doc has been doing. I missed the game but I took a look at the box score. It appears to me that Doc is trying to do a balancing act. He is trying to win games while decreasing minutes for his starters while giving more pt to the new guys. He is attempting to build chemistry with his second unit as well as get them indoctrinated to Celtic basketball.  I would much rather have Boston come in 2nd place in the Eastern Conference but have a better prepared bench for the playoffs then to give tons of minutes to the starters, finish in 1st place, but end up with a bench completely unprepared for the playoffs. Relax guys. Things'll be just fine.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Qdaddy. Show Qdaddy's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: This team has no business being a #1 seed : It's a good thing you showed up. You just made sure something good happens to the Celtics or something bad will happen to the Lakers.  HAHAHA!!!
    Posted by P34[/QUOTE]

P34, I'm glad I could give you an inkling of hope. It's pretty obvious the C's aren't able to do that for your.

HAH!!

I've never wavered in my expectations of the Lakers. I still expect them in the Finals...the C's, well, maybe not. And if that's the case, you have no one to blame except Danny Ainge.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from PierceIsTheTruth. Show PierceIsTheTruth's posts

guys i'm starting to get a little worried. we are in a funk right now. this is the time of the year we are suppossed to be getting into our playoff groove. and we aren't. i am hoping its because rondo is hurt or soemthing and that the 2nd team has not worked together at all.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from BoylestonBB. Show BoylestonBB's posts

Truth is injuries to the bench are hurting.  We have 4 new players coming off the bench.  This is why we are losing.  D West is made of glass at the moment, the O'Neals continue to miss games.

This is the time of year as a contender you want your full team fit and healthy.  We are not and losses are the result. 

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from P34. Show P34's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: This team has no business being a #1 seed : P34, I'm glad I could give you an inkling of hope. It's pretty obvious the C's aren't able to do that for your. HAH!! I've never wavered in my expectations of the Lakers. I still expect them in the Finals...the C's, well, maybe not. And if that's the case, you have no one to blame except Danny Ainge.
    Posted by Qdaddy[/QUOTE]

You're lying! When was the last time you posted here after a Laker loss?

Not only do you give us hope but results as well. It's a tried and tested formula, every time you post here something good happens to the Celtics. 

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Qdaddy. Show Qdaddy's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: This team has no business being a #1 seed : You're lying! When was the last time you posted here after a Laker loss? Not only do you give us hope but results as well. It's a tried and tested formula, every time you post here something good happens to the Celtics. 
    Posted by P34[/QUOTE]

P34 (or whatever handle you choose to use) you're the only one on this forum who puts any stock in when I post something. As I've said before, I wish I had all the time in the world to post on this or ANY forum, but I have a real life away from my computer. In some cases (like right now), I have to use my Blackberry to respond. I'll get back to you when I have the time or resources. Regardless, my expectations for the Lakers 17th (and record tying) NBA title are the same as day 1 of this NBA season. And Andrew Bynum's play has only reinforced my belief that the Lakers will 3-peat and send Phil off into retirement as the greatest coach in NBA history. Sorry C's fans...Red Auerbach is the 2nd greatest coach. And there's no shame in that.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from P34. Show P34's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: This team has no business being a #1 seed :
    Posted by Qdaddy[/QUOTE]

Qdaddy is here! 

To all the Celtic fans out there. Tomorrow the Celtics will win against the Indiana Pacers. There's no doubt about it!

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from P34. Show P34's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: This team has no business being a #1 seed : P34 (or whatever handle you choose to use) you're the only one on this forum who puts any stock in when I post something. As I've said before, I wish I had all the time in the world to post on this or ANY forum, but I have a real life away from my computer. In some cases (like right now), I have to use my Blackberry to respond. I'll get back to you when I have the time or resources. Regardless, my expectations for the Lakers 17th (and record tying) NBA title are the same as day 1 of this NBA season. And Andrew Bynum's play has only reinforced my belief that the Lakers will 3-peat and send Phil off into retirement as the greatest coach in NBA history. Sorry C's fans...Red Auerbach is the 2nd greatest coach. And there's no shame in that.
    Posted by Qdaddy[/QUOTE]

Remember Dec. 10, 2010? That was when the Lakers lost to the Bulls. After that loss you must have had one hell of a life! I mean you were never heard from for weeks!

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from maryngary. Show maryngary's posts

This is the best team in the east, I don't care if that hurts some feelings.  34 says we just need to give Rondo a hamburger.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from JamezHill24. Show JamezHill24's posts

lol...yall scared?? smh talk about not knowing your team very well..while yall sweat out the rest of the REGULAR SEASON, ill sit back, have a couple glasses of lemonade and wait till the playoffs, when our team ACTUALLY cares about winning the games.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from rsalas67m. Show rsalas67m's posts

This is the nature of the NBA. You have ups and downs. No one can guarantee anything or predict anything. Let me remind you that just last week, the Miami Heat were in a tailspin and being written off. And the Lakers were in a serious funk going into the all-star break with 3 losses, one to Cleveland. Now its the Spurs that were demolished by both the Lakers and the Heat. And San Antonio has the "best record" in the NBA.

So I wouldn't write off the Celtics. The playoffs is a whole new season with a whole new set of challenges.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from OneOnOne. Show OneOnOne's posts

[QUOTE]The way they've been playing lately, #1 seed is out of the question. It just seems like the Bulls and Heat are peaking, and we're sputtering to the finish line out of gas. We just don't look like a championship caliber team at the moment.

Just goes to show you it don't take long for things to change in the NBA.  A week ago everyone was burying the Heat after 4 straight losses.  Now they are peaking?

Sections
Shortcuts