This Winning Streak is bad

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from teejaytee70. Show teejaytee70's posts

This Winning Streak is bad

Every game they win without Rondo causes his trade value to plummet.  Every game this team wins convinces the team to stay with the current roster.  The Celtics are probably a first round and out team and certainly a second round and out team - that's mediocrity and it's not where you want to be in the NBA.  Mediocrity leads to years of oblivion in the NBA.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from puddinpuddin. Show puddinpuddin's posts

Re: This Winning Streak is bad

Agreed. Very bad.

Losing streak good. Winning streak bad.

Lets get R9R back ASAP to turn this team around.

MVP!! MVP!! MVP!!

Pud

3. This post has been removed.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from kdp59. Show kdp59's posts

Blah...rubbish!!

you win in the NBA by getting a real superstar player or two and filling in the rest of the pieces with roll player types who are willing to play their roles.

we will NOT get any superstar player in a trade back for ANYONE on this team now (too old, too injured or too average).

Next years draft is supposed to be Average at best and many call it POOR. Not the year to be stocking draft pick in.

Best case is to let this team (Pierce, KG) run its course, then have one or two bad years and get that #1-2 pick in a year that has a star player you can draft.

then smart Free agent pickups and additional draft picks put you back in the hunt.

The new CBA will make this the new/OLD way to build a team again. No more super teams.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from cole-ely. Show cole-ely's posts

I like watching these old guys do their thing and that's GOOD.  What is possessing courtney lee lately?  Since rondo he's been a madman.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from painter. Show painter's posts

Oh, right. By thinking this way and knowing that men can develop prostate and testicular cancer, are you going to cut off your.... ?  Apologies to all who have suffered from cancer and I wouldn't wish it one anyone.  I am only making an analogy that's like cutting off your nose to spite your face and the eunuch image just popped into my head.  It's tiresome to read that one player is totally accountable in a team game.  It's not like the rest of the team is completely absolved in a loss. It's never really one player or one play that decides a game.  Something happened in the other 47 minutes. 

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

In response to teejaytee70's comment:

Every game they win without Rondo causes his trade value to plummet.  Every game this team wins convinces the team to stay with the current roster.  The Celtics are probably a first round and out team and certainly a second round and out team - that's mediocrity and it's not where you want to be in the NBA.  Mediocrity leads to years of oblivion in the NBA.

What about reality don't you understand?  The team has had a run for over five years. We are going to struggle with either philosophy, rebuilding or trying to do it half-as-. The Celtics are making it interesting right now and that is the best you can hope for.  Being mediocre was always going to happen no matter what was done eventually. 

Rondo by the way's trade value will get better when he recovers.

8. This post has been removed.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from GAShamrock60. Show GAShamrock60's posts

In response to kdp59's comment:

Blah...rubbish!!

you win in the NBA by getting a real superstar player or two and filling in the rest of the pieces with roll player types who are willing to play their roles.

we will NOT get any superstar player in a trade back for ANYONE on this team now (too old, too injured or too average).

Next years draft is supposed to be Average at best and many call it POOR. Not the year to be stocking draft pick in.

Best case is to let this team (Pierce, KG) run its course, then have one or two bad years and get that #1-2 pick in a year that has a star player you can draft.

then smart Free agent pickups and additional draft picks put you back in the hunt.

The new CBA will make this the new/OLD way to build a team again. No more super teams.

I agree 100% What is the rush to rebuild? Let Pierce and Garnett play out the next two years and then either get a superstar in free agency or trade our older players and build through the draft. 

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

In response to GAShamrock60's comment:

Blah...rubbish!!

I agree 100% What is the rush to rebuild? Let Pierce and Garnett play out the next two years and then either get a superstar in free agency or trade our older players and build through the draft. 

Right now with five straight wins I agree with you.  Let's see how we play the next week or so. 

11. This post has been removed.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from kdp59. Show kdp59's posts

In response to Fierce34's comment:

What will make every Celtic fan happy is Ainge making a trade to improve this team. 

Right now this Celtic team is a playoff team whether we like it or not. 

If the Celts had Jeff Green last season against Miami, I think the Celts would've been in the Finals. I mean come on, Jeff Green is way better than Pietrus.

Ainge just needs to find an upgrade over Bass. This Celts team will be very dangerous in the playoffs when KG will be playing 36 minutes per game. That's 36 minutes of great D. KG just needs another complementary big who can rebound, block shots, and score inside the paint.

yeah man!!

I wish there was some big man that gets bought out and wants to play for the celts on a minimum deal (cough, cough , Dalembert) the rest of this year and playoffs.

Pipe dream though I fear.

Stuck with Wilcox and Collins it seems.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from SFBostonFan. Show SFBostonFan's posts

What will make every Celtic fan happy is Ainge making a trade to improve this team. 

If the Celts had Jeff Green last season against Miami, I think the Celts would've been in the Finals. I mean come on, Jeff Green is way better than Pietrus.

Ainge just needs to find an upgrade over Bass. This Celts team will be very dangerous in the playoffs when KG will be playing 36 minutes per game. That's 36 minutes of great D. KG just needs another complementary big who can rebound, block shots, and score inside the paint.

==========================================

Fierce...I agree with you that with one other BIG Man to play with KG, we could beat Miami !!!

What happened to conversations with Oden? Too bad Sully went down as he was a good rebounder but still a PF & not a dominant center. I don't wish an injury on anyone but at least the Pau Gasol talks of maybe coming to the "Cs" are over. I say play Melo. Coming to mind I believe many of the following centers were major contributors in their rookie seasons(some too played PF):

Wilt, Alcindor, Elvin Hayes, Wes Unseld, Tim Duncan, Dave Robinson, Shaq and could be more but that's all I can think about now. Did Bill Russell make a strong contribution in his rookie year...dunno ?

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from taz1956. Show taz1956's posts

yeah man!!

I wish there was some big man that gets bought out and wants to play for the celts on a minimum deal (cough, cough , Dalembert) the rest of this year and playoffs.

Does anyone remember Bill Russell’s last year with the Celtics? The team was old and on its last legs and everyone couldn’t wait for the season to end and the team to rebuild. Other teams forgot about Boston until Russell willed the team to victory. KG has that type of heart and ability if the team around him continues to play like they have been. There is no way to predict what will happen in the playoffs except that even if they lose they will give it 100% and that will be worth watching and rooting for!

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

In response to taz1956's comment:

yeah man!!

Does anyone remember Bill Russell’s last year with the Celtics? The team was old and on its last legs and everyone couldn’t wait for the season to end and the team to rebuild. Other teams forgot about Boston until Russell willed the team to victory. KG has that type of heart and ability if the team around him continues to play like they have been. There is no way to predict what will happen in the playoffs except that even if they lose they will give it 100% and that will be worth watching and rooting for!

KG has to avoid exhaustion and injury from now to the playoffs.  He is also praying for Ainge to bring in another big with some talent.  Then we might be capable of a 1969 type of season.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from jtkl. Show jtkl's posts

Since we are not trading Rondo, I'm not worried about it.