This Year Is Going To Be FUN!

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from R9R. Show R9R's posts

This Year Is Going To Be FUN!

For the entire stretch of the Big 3 era, every game during the regular season has essentially come with an expectation for us to win. Expectations were realistic, but lets face it, the Celtics were essentially either the favortite or evenly matched with most teams. Our bones were  always proven to be championship caliber. It was just a matter of "turning it on" and "getting the calls."

This year, every single game, every single match-up is an evaluation of how our collective skill matches up. We are unproven. Rondo is unproven as the leader. Jeff is unproven as a leading scorer. Bradley and Sully are unproven as 3rd and 4th options. Olynyk, is straight unproven.

This is going to be exciting. There is no longer such a thing as "dropping a game" to the Bobcats as an embarrasing fluke of a double-header. Celtics now need to prove that they are better than the Cats. Although each loss brings us closer to Wiggins, each win brings us closer to being proven. 

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from chris33. Show chris33's posts

Re: This Year Is Going To Be FUN!

Rondo, Brooks, Green, Olynyk, and Faverani.

I'm looking forward to it.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from BaileyPowe. Show BaileyPowe's posts

and stevens. i look forward to this brand new journey as well. nice post, R9R.

bp

4. This post has been removed.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from johconn. Show johconn's posts

In response to Fierce34's comment:

I myself think this year is going to be fun.

But there will be Celtic fans here who will ask for Brad Stevens to be fired once the Celtics go on a 7-game losing streak.

It's true. Brad Stevens will be the man in the spotlight along with Rondo but I agree...we should celebrate the individual growth of the players- hope that Sully returns strong, Green keeps consistent (but I agree with Fierce- he has trade deadline written all over him), AB gets a solid season under his belt and KO shows something. I think people are getting too over the top about Pressley though. 

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from R9R. Show R9R's posts

In response to johconn's comment:

In response to Fierce34's comment:

[QUOTE]

I myself think this year is going to be fun.

But there will be Celtic fans here who will ask for Brad Stevens to be fired once the Celtics go on a 7-game losing streak.

It's true. Brad Stevens will be the man in the spotlight along with Rondo but I agree...we should celebrate the individual growth of the players- hope that Sully returns strong, Green keeps consistent (but I agree with Fierce- he has trade deadline written all over him), AB gets a solid season under his belt and KO shows something. I think people are getting too over the top about Pressley though. 

[/QUOTE]

Agree. I think k the two dark horses so to speak are AB ( who has never had a summer to work on his game, kids still 22) and Sully who everyone is overlooking because of KOs summer league stats. Sully has a new back, that is a lifetime limitation lifted, his rehab will force him to be in top shape, he has a huge chip now, he showed such promise last year essentially proving that he was good enough to be a starter next to Kevin and Paul. that is huge for a rookie. AB didn't make that kind of impact his first year in the league. Let's not forget that Sully has always been "the man" leading his teams to wins his whole life. This kid can ball, he had great size and has a shot that didn't see any sunlight on a team of shooters last year. Before they shut him down he got multiple double doubles with an average of like 25 min per game. This kid is for real.

Can you tell I'm excited?

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from teejaytee70. Show teejaytee70's posts

I can honestly say that I haven't been this interested in an upcoming season since 2007-2008.  I'm really interested to see what Sully, Olynyk, Green, Brooks, Fav, and Stevens will do.  I'm not only antcipating the upcoming NBA season, but college as well - Kansas, Duke, Oklahoma St.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from SFBostonFan. Show SFBostonFan's posts

We should be young, exciting, full of energy yet due to lack of experience make many mistakes. However, the Golden State Warriors' starting 5 averaged 23 years and along with an experienced center, Bogot, and an injured 2nd leading scorer & rebounder, David Lee, gave the Spurs fits. We could field a starting 5 with an average age under 23 and with a year or two playing together with 1-2 experienced proven pros, especially a good rebounding center & a 3pt shooter, we could duplicate the Warriors's performance so I suggest we all be positive. And as  most of our players & future draft choices will be 1-2 years out of college, I believe our choice of a young coach was a good one too.

Also, I will root for the Nets to dethrone the Knicks in the Division and then to beat the Heat in the Eastern Conference.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from raider3524. Show raider3524's posts

this year is going to be fun....i hope we RUN..RUN..RUN...

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from chris33. Show chris33's posts

In response to SFBostonFan's comment:

We should be young, exciting, full of energy yet due to lack of experience make many mistakes. However, the Golden State Warriors' starting 5 averaged 23 years and along with an experienced center, Bogot, and an injured 2nd leading scorer & rebounder, David Lee, gave the Spurs fits. We could field a starting 5 with an average age under 23 and with a year or two playing together with 1-2 experienced proven pros, especially a good rebounding center & a 3pt shooter, we could duplicate the Warriors's performance so I suggest we all be positive. And as our most of our players & future draft choices will be 1-2 years out of college, I believe our choice of a young coach was a good one too.

Also, I will root for the Nets to dethrone the Knicks in the Division and then to beat the Heat in the Eastern Conference.

Why would a Celtic fan root for the Nets?

We own their first round draft pick.

I hope they lose every game.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from raider3524. Show raider3524's posts

In response to chris33's comment:

[QUOTE]

We should be young, exciting, full of energy yet due to lack of experience make many mistakes. However, the Golden State Warriors' starting 5 averaged 23 years and along with an experienced center, Bogot, and an injured 2nd leading scorer & rebounder, David Lee, gave the Spurs fits. We could field a starting 5 with an average age under 23 and with a year or two playing together with 1-2 experienced proven pros, especially a good rebounding center & a 3pt shooter, we could duplicate the Warriors's performance so I suggest we all be positive. And as our most of our players & future draft choices will be 1-2 years out of college, I believe our choice of a young coach was a good one too.

[/QUOTE]

exactly....

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from SFBostonFan. Show SFBostonFan's posts

In response to raider3524's comment:

exactly....

======================================

I will root for them except when they play us as I could give a hoot about the Nets but I wish the best for PP and KG and I do dislike them less than the Knicks and, especially, the Heat !!! And I wish to thank them for giving us tremendous salary relief, a bunch of draft choices & hopes for a great future with young players, like the GS Warriors with an ave starting 5 age of 23.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from raider3524. Show raider3524's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

exactly....

[/QUOTE]

I could give a hoot about the Nets but I wish the best for PP and KG and I do dislike them less than the Knicks and, especially, the Heat !!! And I wish to thank them for giving us tremendous salary relief, a bunch of draft choices & hopes for a great future with young players, like the GS Warriors with an ave starting 5 age of 23.

[/QUOTE]

yeah..i understand what you are saying...

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Celtsfan4life. Show Celtsfan4life's posts

this year is going to be fun....i hope we RUN..RUN..RUN...

In order to run, you gotta play defense and you gotta rebound.  I hope we do both.  Should be interesting.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Celtsfan4life. Show Celtsfan4life's posts

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

I hope the Nets win a championship because:

1. I love Pierce and Garnett and would love to see them get another one...and

2. I hate the Heat 100 times more than the Nets

16. This post has been removed.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from kyceltic. Show kyceltic's posts

In response to teejaytee70's comment:

I can honestly say that I haven't been this interested in an upcoming season since 2007-2008.  I'm really interested to see what Sully, Olynyk, Green, Brooks, Fav, and Stevens will do.  I'm not only antcipating the upcoming NBA season, but college as well - Kansas, Duke, Oklahoma St.

Louisville, again!!