Those Who Still Believe

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from RickFox17. Show RickFox17's posts

Re: Those Who Still Believe

I always root for my Celtics and I know they will step it up for playoffs.  If Doc is smart and has ball he will play Rondo limited minutes if is does not produce and is beaten by inferior PGs>  I love the Celtics forever no matter what happens.They are my favorite sports team of all times and I am from NY by the way and living in LA now f##k th Fakers

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from GreenSlime. Show GreenSlime's posts

All of you are so self-delusiional it's scary (and quite sad). You could work for the Japanese government, repeating the mantra that everything in under control. The Cs won't make it past the first round!

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ortiz123. Show Ortiz123's posts

Always!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from OneOnOne. Show OneOnOne's posts

I am there with you thru thick and thin.  Worried like crap though. 

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from KGLove. Show KGLove's posts

ANYTHING IS POSSSIIIIBLEEEEEEEEE !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! (KG Voice) lol but obviously not if they continue playing like this.  

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from allen2034. Show allen2034's posts

I still believe we can get it done...This is just a veteren team that is bored and hungry for the playoffs to start...I dont think they care about most of these upcoming games...and homecourt advantage or not THIS IS OUR SEASON...yes even after the loss by houston...does any1 remember some of the losses last year worse than this and look right when the playoffs started we where a different team!

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from ConnectingRod. Show ConnectingRod's posts

If the Nets are in the playoffs and the Rockets are in the finals then there's no way the Celtics will win a championship. LOL

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from kivanc. Show kivanc's posts

I won't say I believe we'll get Banner #18 this year, I just KNOW it will happen. It just will happen, that is it.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from ConnectingRod. Show ConnectingRod's posts

In Response to Re: Those Who Still Believe:
    [QUOTE]I won't say I believe we'll get Banner #18 this year, I just KNOW it will happen. It just will happen, that is it.
    Posted by kivanc[/QUOTE]

Good post!

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from ejusox21. Show ejusox21's posts

Banner #18!

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from basketbert. Show basketbert's posts

OK, I'll insert some realism into this thread, as I don't believe that everyone is really this optimistic. It sounds more like bluster to be honest. With the way they are playing, basically since the all-star break? With Rondo's woes? With the O'Neals that are MIA?
    I know of course we pulled the stunt last year of closing out the regular season badly and plaing well in the playoffs, and there's always a possibility that we can do it again this year. I'm sure hoping we will and I'l keep supporting them, but I'm worried with a big W. Hope my worries are unfounded.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from docomospur. Show docomospur's posts

There's a difference between always supporting the team and believing that they can actually win it this year.  Once green, always green and I'll always pray and hope for the guys, but I'd like to see just how many of the chest-beaters here would wager, say, a thousand greenbacks that the Celts will do it this year.  Let's see you put your money where your mouth is.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Karllost. Show Karllost's posts

Most every top team this season (maybe except Spurs/Mavs) were written off this season..

The Heat were red hot earler this season (21 of 22) then went into a real bad stretch, esp losing to good teams. They became an afterthought. Now they are playing well, beating good teams too.

Same with the Lakers. Oh, Kobe has lost it... Lakers losing to lousy teams and slumping bad... Now they are flying again, right behind the C's. 

Celtics have lost to bad teams this year while playing well against the good. Now they are in a bad slump and starting to get written off as a contender...

Most teams go through it unless ur having one of those great seasons... like the Bron Cavs and what did they win?

So as frustrating it is to watch these guys lately, and as much as I like to point the finger of blame to certain players here and there... got to believe we'll be ready come playoffs...  Hate even saying that but thats what I gotta believe.

We get Shaq back and maybe he B slaps some sense into Rondo and we're on ur way to another finals

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from champs08. Show champs08's posts

Have been with the Celts since Russell and always will be. I remember many who predicted a 50 win season at the beginning of this year. They'll win more than 50, and it all depends on their health how far they go in the post-season.

With them all the way!

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from soups. Show soups's posts

[QUOTE]Looks like I'm going to become a martyr. After recognizing all those posts about me hating on the Lakers I think I'm going to become the greatest Laker hater of all time. HAHAHA!!!
    Posted by P34[/QUOTE]

Nope...that would be Larry Bird.  You're a close second.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from chriscav81. Show chriscav81's posts

60 wins is probably out of the question but it will be tough for any team in the east to get there this year. East is waaaay to competetive. We should all still believe. If this team cant get through some bumps in the road now, then they won't hang in June. I am not very concerned. The only worry I have is Rondo's health, it's obvious they need him 100% to make this work....And I just dropped $3,300 on 8 playoff games so PULL IT TOGETHER BOYS AND LETS GO GRAB 18!!!

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Qdaddy. Show Qdaddy's posts

In Response to Those Who Still Believe:
    [QUOTE]Celtic fans who still believe the Celtics will win a championship post here.  Let's see who are the fair-weather fans and the REAL CELTIC FANS!
    Posted by P34[/QUOTE]

Obviously, you KNEW I would weigh in...and I've already said DA has traded away any hopes of an 18th title. Just to make it to the Finals will be a major struggle with the Big Methusalah in the middle. That is, if you can get him on the floor.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from P34. Show P34's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Those Who Still Believe : Obviously, you KNEW I would weigh in...and I've already said DA has traded away any hopes of an 18th title. Just to make it to the Finals will be a major struggle with the Big Methusalah in the middle. That is, if you can get him on the floor.
    Posted by Qdaddy[/QUOTE]

Qdaddy showed up! 

Good news Celtic fans, the magical troll, Qdaddy, posted before the Celtics play the Hornets. Looks like another Celtic win tonight and a tie for 1st place in the east!  

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

Of course I believe in this team.  It bothers me far more that it should.  But the Celtics are the team I care most about, more than the Red Sox and Patriots and I am an avid fan of both.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from susan250. Show susan250's posts

[QUOTE]Of course I believe in this team.  It bothers me far more that it should.  But the Celtics are the team I care most about, more than the Red Sox and Patriots and I am an avid fan of both.
    Posted by concord27[/QUOTE]

I am also a fan of all of Boston sports, but more of a Celtics fan than any other professional team.  Last years loss was very upsetting to me and it took me at least a few months to get over it.  I can't imagine how the players felt.  Not sure if you ever get over something like that.   

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from walton. Show walton's posts

Providing a moment of "levity" amidst all the back scratching and "hugging" in this thread. Is this the Oprah show?..............I don't think the Celtics will win #18 unless Shaq can come back and play WELL {like he did at the beginning of the season.} Shaq is going to have to play 20 minites a game {night in and night out} for the Celtics to win #18 and I just don't realistically see that happening. I don't think Shaq has been able to play more than 6 or 7 games in a row anytime this season without taking some time off. A championship would encompass 22-25 games for the Celtics of play-off basketball. Anybody a mathematician? What are the odds of Shaq staying close to 100% for ALL of those 22-25 games? {Anyone good at fractions?}..........Beyond that. Achilles injuries are very tricky. Obviously this one that Shaq has is very tricky and add to that Shaq is 350lbs and 38 years old. I wouldn't hold my breath on #18...........unfortunately.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from DaCeltics. Show DaCeltics's posts

[QUOTE]           Providing a moment of "levity" amidst all the back scratching and "hugging" in this thread. Is this the Oprah show?..............I don't think the Celtics will win #18 unless Shaq can come back and play WELL {like he did at the beginning of the season.} Shaq is going to have to play 20 minites a game {night in and night out} for the Celtics to win #18 and I just don't realistically see that happening. I don't think Shaq has been able to play more than 6 or 7 games in a row anytime this season without taking some time off. A championship would encompass 22-25 games for the Celtics of play-off basketball. Anybody a mathematician? What are the odds of Shaq staying close to 100% for ALL of those 22-25 games? {Anyone good at fractions?}..........Beyond that. Achilles injuries are very tricky. Obviously this one that Shaq has is very tricky and add to that Shaq is 350lbs and 38 years old. I wouldn't hold my breath on #18...........unfortunately.
    Posted by walton[/QUOTE]

I concur, and that does'nt make me any less of a fan.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from basketbert. Show basketbert's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Those Who Still Believe : I concur, and that does'nt make me any less of a fan.
    Posted by DaCeltics[/QUOTE]

Ditto!

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from existentialparquet. Show existentialparquet's posts

Seriously, people have to chill. It seems pretty clear to me that this team is resting up for the playoffs. They are getting their bodies ready for the big push. Like a runner, they are tapering off to prepare for a big performance. If you start sprinting at the beginning of a marathon, you probably arent crossing the finish line. They want to win these games, but they are also thinking about the big picture. A team like the Rockets isnt thinking about championships. They are pushing at the end. I feel good about this team.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from Qdaddy. Show Qdaddy's posts

[QUOTE]           Providing a moment of "levity" amidst all the back scratching and "hugging" in this thread. Is this the Oprah show?..............I don't think the Celtics will win #18 unless Shaq can come back and play WELL {like he did at the beginning of the season.} Shaq is going to have to play 20 minites a game {night in and night out} for the Celtics to win #18 and I just don't realistically see that happening. I don't think Shaq has been able to play more than 6 or 7 games in a row anytime this season without taking some time off. A championship would encompass 22-25 games for the Celtics of play-off basketball. Anybody a mathematician? What are the odds of Shaq staying close to 100% for ALL of those 22-25 games? {Anyone good at fractions?}..........Beyond that. Achilles injuries are very tricky. Obviously this one that Shaq has is very tricky and add to that Shaq is 350lbs and 38 years old. I wouldn't hold my breath on #18...........unfortunately.
    Posted by walton[/QUOTE]

walton, you bring a bit of reality to this board in contrast to the major "sunshine pumpers" (i.e. P34, Concord27, OneOnOne, etc.).

No reason NOT to believe in your team, but the reality is, as you stated...Shaq. You all knew what you were getting when DA brought him on board. The "smart" move wouldv'e been to supplement Shaq's time with Perkins, but nobody (other than Celtics fans) ever accused Ainge of being a "smart" GM. (Luck and timing are his calling card, not smarts.)

Anybody who's reached the age of 40 (and Shaq's 39) knows the metabolism changes that begin to affect the body...and the body healing itself is one of them. Shaq's never been one to take care of himself and it's showing. You're NOT going to get Shaq for long minutes in the playoffs, and sadly, that's the only hope for a Celtics title. Nenad Kristic is a stiff who'll get abused by just about any other center in the league, certainly any center in the playoffs.

I was looking forward to another Celtics/Lakers final, but I don't think the Celtics will hold up their end of the deal.

Sections
Shortcuts