Thoughts on the loss

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from jtkl. Show jtkl's posts

Thoughts on the loss

1) NO ONE would have beaten the Heat tonight. They played their absolute best. Lebron who is pretty good was nailing threes like he was well, Ray Allen.

2) Allen had a good game. He was juiced. I understand the ankle is still creaky. I expect him to struggle more as the season goes on.

3) Speaking of juiced Rashard lewis looked pretty good. makes the Heat even scarier. if it isn't a one game outburst that is.  

4) The Heat are the expericend team. We have more new faces and new bodies than they do. It's going to take a while to integrate them.

5) Still have a ways to go. We were sloppy with the ball and the defense has to get a lot better.

6) No Avery Bradley. Lee got into Foul trouble after doing a good job on Wade. When Avery gets back, we can make Wade miserable. 

7) Our offense looked prety good. Now if we can get the defense back to what it was last year we could be a heck of a team. 

8) The Heat are the still team to beat. After winning it all their doubts about themselves are gone. And they played to their potential today. I think odds are they will repeat, but I'm still hopeful we can come together. 

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from R9R. Show R9R's posts

Re: Thoughts on the loss

In response to jtkl's comment:
    [QUOTE]

1) NO ONE would have beaten the Heat tonight. They played their absolute best. Lebron who is pretty good was nailing threes like he was well, Ray Allen.

2) Allen had a good game. He was juiced. I understand the ankle is still creaky. I expect him to struggle more as the season goes on.

3) Speaking of juiced Rashard lewis looked pretty good. makes the Heat even scarier. if it isn't a one game outburst that is.  

4) The Heat are the expericend team. We have more new faces and new bodies than they do. It's going to take a while to integrate them.

5) Still have a ways to go. We were sloppy with the ball and the defense has to get a lot better.

6) No Avery Bradley. Lee got into Foul trouble after doing a good job on Wade. When Avery gets back, we can make Wade miserable. 

7) Our offense looked prety good. Now if we can get the defense back to what it was last year we could be a heck of a team. 

8) The Heat are the still team to beat. After winning it all their doubts about themselves are gone. And they played to their potential today. I think odds are they will repeat, but I'm still hopeful we can come together. 

[/QUOTE]

Spot on. I'd say last night was a battle between two of the leagues top 4 teams. And absolutely the two clear favorites in the East. Especially now that:

1. Bynum is out for the start of the season (76ers)

2. Stodoumire is out for the start of the season (Knicks)

3. Granger is out "indefinitely" (Pacers)

4. Rose (as we know) is out until at least until playoffs (Bulls)

And in the west ... OKC, SAS, DEN, MEM, LAL, LAC .. I dont know who can stop the Heat. All I know is that I love the Lakers loss more than I hate the Celtics Loss!

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from RajonRondowski. Show RajonRondowski's posts

Re: Thoughts on the loss

In response to jtkl's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

-

Nice post.

I agree with a lot of what you say, but I don't agree with #1.  James hardly played in the 2nd half and almost none of the 4th quarter.  They were beatable, the C's were staging a comeback until Rondo clanked an open jumper with the game winding down. Not clutch.

We did not play nearly well enough to beat them, but that's a far cry from saying that nobody could have beaten them last night.  I consider that pure hyperbole.

I do heartedly agree with numbers 3 through 8 though: good points all.

Ya can't look at much, can ya, Man.