Three team trade that reunites best friends?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

Three team trade that reunites best friends?

Houston gets: Rajon Rondo, Josh Smith, Vitor Faverani and Chauncey Billups (31.5 million)

Boston gets: Omer Asik, Chandler Parsons, Jonas Jerebko (player option likely to be picked up), Will Bynum, Patrick Beverley and the #8 pick (23.2 million)

Detroit gets: Jeremy Lin, Jeff Green, Phil Pressey, the Celtics pick #17, the Rockets pick #25 and the savings of the 28 million Smith was owed in 2016 and 2017 (19 million saved if Green picks up his option, but Green is a better fit at SF for that team than Smith anyhow)

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

Re: Three team trade that reunites best friends?

Houston puts three 'difficult' personalities together in Smith, Rondo and Howard, but b/c they are all best friends, and also all excellent defenders who can take the pressure off Harden at that end, they can make it work, or will at least be determined not to let it fail and have ZERO excuses since they'll all be with players they have spent their careers talking about playing alongside.

C - Howard, Favarani/Motiejunas

PF - Jones, Smith/Motiejunas

SF - Smith, MLE pickup/Harden

SG - Harden, Daniels/Billups

PG - Rondo, Billups

Detroit keeps its Drummond/Monroe frontcourt with a player in Green at SF who is the same age as Smith, a better fit at SF and 24-33 million cheaper. Pressey and Lin are solid backcourt acquisitions to joing Caldwell-Pope, Jennings and maybe Stuckey. At the expense of Billups and Bynum they are upgrades. The cost of moving Smith's salary is dropping from pick #8 to two lesser picks (the C's could also add in the Clippers pick in '15 and/or the Rockets their own pick in '16 to sweeten this for Detroit). I could see the Pistons easily adding a SF like Hood, Warren, Early or Grant at #17 and local kid Mitch McGary at #25 to fill their only two other needs, a big to complete their rotation at PF-C and a SF of the future to backup Green for now. 

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from aciemvp. Show aciemvp's posts

houston- between smith, rondo and howard- "300% free throws" they'd be lucky to get 140% combined.  that would be a terribly vulnerable lineup in any important game

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

If the draft falls in its current order the Jazz will not be taking Exum or Smart, so Boston can pick one of those two players at #5. I believe the Jazz will pick between Randle and Vonleh, although they may surprise and take Gordon.

If the Lakers are so desperate for Exum, and he makes it clear to the C's he may stay overseas another year unless landing in LA. Boston can swap picks with LA in exchange for Kendall Marshall (Chris Johnson's non-guaranteed can go back to LA, saving them a million). Marshall quietly had an 8p/9a/1s seasons in 29 minutes. 

Boston can draft Smart at #6. The Kings will take whoever is left between Vonleh and Randle at #7 (Gordon again a wild card) and that would hopefully leave Gordon for us at the #8.

C - Asik, Olynyk

PF - Sullinger, Bass, Gordon

SF - Parsons, Wallace, Gordon

Frontcourt is pretty much set like this. Backcourt two possibilities:

SG - Bradley, Johnson (Exum developing overseas for a year)

PG - Beverley, Bayless (signed to a 1 year deal)

or 

SG - Bradley, Smart

PG - Beverely, Marshall

C's would still have the TPE of 10.2 million, Bogans non-guaranteed 5m and Bass's 7 million expiring along with multiple future 1st round picks as assets. 

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

In response to aciemvp's comment:
    [QUOTE]

houston- between smith, rondo and howard- "300% free throws" they'd be lucky to get 140% combined.  that would be a terribly vulnerable lineup in any important game

[/QUOTE]

Very true that FT% will be a liability. The 140% number is definitely WAY off though.

They should hope to get the 62.5% Howard shot in this years playoffs (looked ok to me in many 4th quarters), the 71-72% Smith shot in 3 full seasons of his career and Rondo improving his career 62% to say 65-70% as we did see shooting improvement this year. 

High end projects puts them at 195% out of 300%. Conservative projections put them at 180%. How you turned three guys with career averages of 184% into 140% is fuzzy math to me.

The four best offensive teams scored in the 108-109 points per 100 possessions range this season. That is 1.08-1.09 points per possession. If Rondo, Howard and Smith ALL shot 55% from the line (165% out of 300%) the Rockets would still average more points per those FT shooting possessions than the best teams in the league do per game.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

If they are shooting a ton of FT's it means they are playing with a lead.

If the Rockets have a 4 point lead, in order for the other team to tie they need to go 2-4 from three over 4 possessions (50%) of their 3's in 4 while denying Harden the ball, putting one of those 3 guys on the line each time down, and watching them go 2-8 (25%). If they shoot their normal 62.5% (5-8 from the line) the other team will need to go 3-4 on 3's.

The FT 'hack a Dwight' game plan is far overblown. Asik is a 55% FT shooter btw.

So you would pass on Rondo and Smith, Howard's best friends, and stick with Lin and Parsons?

7. This post has been removed.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from aciemvp. Show aciemvp's posts

In response to rameakap's comment:

[/QUOTE]

Very true that FT% will be a liability. The 140% number is definitely WAY off though.

They should hope to get the 62.5% Howard shot in this years playoffs (looked ok to me in many 4th quarters), the 71-72% Smith shot in 3 full seasons of his career and Rondo improving his career 62% to say 65-70% as we did see shooting improvement this year. 

High end projects puts them at 195% out of 300%. Conservative projections put them at 180%. How you turned three guys with career averages of 184% into 140% is fuzzy math to me.

[/QUOTE]

howard career: 58% with no sign of any improvement coming

j-smooves- last two years: 52%- it's not going to get any better in time

rondo is anyone's guess.  his solution to free throws in recent years has been to do everything he can to stop taking them.  once he gets his new contract, i'd look for him to sink soundly into the 50's again.  let's call him 60% for right now.....

for a grand total of 170/300- a brickmaster squad from he ll.  come crunch time your 2 and 3 are the only ball handlers.  nobody would ever ever ever ever field that lineup with a straight look on their face and allege to be "contending", just like nobody can convince j-smooves that he stinks at shooting 3's and to stop- career .279 but still looking to bomb 2 or 3 a game

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

rondo is anyone's guess.  his solution to free throws in recent years has been to do everything he can to stop taking them.  once he gets his new contract, i'd look for him to sink soundly into the 50's again.  let's call him 60% for right now.....

for a grand total of 170/300- a brickmaster squad from he ll.  come crunch time your 2 and 3 are the only ball handlers.  nobody would ever ever ever ever field that lineup with a straight look on their face and allege to be "contending", just like nobody can convince j-smooves that he stinks at shooting 3's and to stop- career .279 but still looking to bomb 2 or 3 a game

[/QUOTE]

So I went with CAREER averages which overshot the the last 3 year %'s by 14%. You apparently went by the 3 year averages but were unable to do the math in your first attempt and undershot by 30%?

If they shoot 170% out of 300% your team is still going to end up averaging more points per possession fouling one of those 3 players than the top four offenses average per possession over an entire game.

Stats don't lie.

10. This post has been removed.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

In response to Fiercy's comment:
    [QUOTE]

What???

Houston gets Rondo?

Didn't you guarantee Rondo was not going to be traded just a few weeks ago?

Now you're on board the trade Rondo bandwagon?

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

[/QUOTE]

Oh ignorant board bully I have proven wrong so many times, must I do so again? You do come off as such a fool you know.

I did not guarantee anything of course. How idiotic would that be? I did offer you a bet you turned down like a coward that Rondo would not be traded on draft night. I still don't think he will (as you do) but never guaranteed it.

I put my money on the idea that if Boston landed Embiid, Wiggins, Parker or Exum they would eventually trade Rondo and rebuild around the youth. If they could not draft one of those players I said I felt they would explore trading their pick for a veteran all-star in the 25-30 age range of Rondo and Green.

Little of what I felt would happen changes in my now suggesting Rondo go to Houston. The NBA is fluid and things change when teams fortunes do. I highly doubt such a deal goes down on draft night. If it happens at any other time I would be right as long as the C's draft one of those top four players. 

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

In response to Fiercy's comment:
    [QUOTE]

I was told, a few weeks ago, that Rondo will not be traded on draft night.

But there's a 3-team trade, involving Rondo, to reunite best friends?

So lame!

[/QUOTE]

Pretty solid smart trade idea. Fiercy is the lamest to have no imagination and be too big of a coward to suggest such things himself b/c he is terrified of being wrong.

Nowhere do I say it happens on draft night. Duh.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

And of course, as always, this is just for fun and NOT a prediction:-)

14. This post has been removed.

15. This post has been removed.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

Hahahahahaha

The bully everyone despises and who I have been proven wrong on about TWENTY things in the past 3 months has the nerve to continue to misrepresent my words and post lies?

Ha!

This board held a week long celebration when Fierce was banned, desperately tried name after name to return, and was finally allowed back as Fiercy to an internet forum that is his whole life and where nobody wants him. 

I will spare the board the huge list I have of how many times he was wrong on simple things such how many years teams can sign free agents for in the new CBA.

I proved him wrong again in this thread, par the course, nowhere did I say this would be a draft day trade.

I am still willing to bet Fiercy the coward that Rondo will NOT be traded on draft night as he believes. But the boy bully is too scared to lose the only thing that matters in his life, this forum, even for just a few months, that he refuses to take the bet and stick up for what he believes. Pathetic.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from romneywins. Show romneywins's posts

Parsons, Aisk, Sullinger, KO, Our #5 and their #8 , that would be great. With the draft picks we could wait a year or two and challenge for a title.

18. This post has been removed.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

In response to Mployee8's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Some idiot is trolling the board bumping old threads trying to rekindle arguments ... the troll must be desperate for some attention now that he's been weened from his mommy's milk ... Ugh!!!

[/QUOTE]

It's what losers with lots of time on their hands and no lives beyond an internet forum do.

Do I have the time to find the threads that include the TWENTY things Fiercy the ignorant bully was wrong about in the last 3 months? Nope.

But the abject loser will bring up logical at the time threads of mine from November to 'prove some point' the minute I humiliate him in the present. It is the smoke and mirrors game of a clown and this board that despises him and celebrated his banning doesn't fall for parlor tricks. Like my prediction of the C's win total being 28-32 if the season played out like it did has any bearing on my current fun trade ideas. Ha!

This thread shows him to be a COWARD, who refuses to bet on what he believes, and a LIAR who said I now feel Rondo will be traded at the draft (I don't).

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from aciemvp. Show aciemvp's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

So I went with CAREER averages which overshot the the last 3 year %'s by 14%. You apparently went by the 3 year averages but were unable to do the math in your first attempt and undershot by 30%?

If they shoot 170% out of 300% your team is still going to end up averaging more points per possession fouling one of those 3 players than the top four offenses average per possession over an entire game.

Stats don't lie.

[/QUOTE]

the "140" was a little bit sarcastic.

i went by career stats for howard because he has consistently stunk.  a little lower than career avg for rondo- when he exhales after getting an extension the FT will likely go down.  for j-not-smoothve his descent into 50% free throw shooting the last two years is shocking.  antoine walker did the same at the end of his career.  big men who suddenly drop that much rarely ever recover a shooting touch from the line at smith's age which is right around 30.  lambar odumb had an identical horrific drop in FT% around 30 and his touch never came back.

so you could say my 170 was based in, how do they say it, reality.  and the 140 was a snarky quip about how pathetic this squad would be.  it would be a terrible team to watch and any close game you have "hack-a-three-out-of-five" of the starting five that could and would be used and you'd lose a lot of games

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from cole-ely. Show cole-ely's posts

Guys keep throwing around Jeremy Lin's name in trades. I've been saying from the start and I'm still saying...not going to happen.  When Yao Ming was there they built a network in China.  Jeremy Lin keeps that network alive.  Why do you think they paid such a ridiculous price for him?

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rajon-Hondo. Show Rajon-Hondo's posts

The problem with dealing with Houston is they don't have much in the way of trade value. Asik is an ok player that is grossly overpaid, his slow footedness was exposed in the series vs Por. Lin would be better suited to a west coast team than us. Unless they can help us facilitate a 3/4 team trade, I don't see them coming up with a palatable trade that would urge DA to pull the trigger. I do think everyone on this team could be traded if the right players were offered but I don't think DA will make a trade unless he feels we are getting a good deal, not trading players at less than full value.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from mellymel3. Show mellymel3's posts

If nothing else the "Rondo to Houston" proposal is a great way to spend time before the draft. Now is the time for the many creative and knowledgeable  minds here to propose workable trades for us to consider. The long wait prior to renewed hope is nearly over.

Rondo? I think the one guy they try to hold fast to until a great offer comes along is Rondo, whether or not they decide to re-sign him. He's not going to Houston without Parsons coming here. He's the guy that makes the deal work from a Celtics perspective and lets them want to throw in a "decent" #1 pick in exchange. Asik? A side issue at best at this point. In other words, even though I'd love to see the mercurial one gone and have us draft a new, young, non-head case PG to replace Rondo, he's too much a valuable asset at this point to part with without something valuable in return and Asik alone is not nearly enough. I just don't think this works without someone getting gored in this deal.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from mellymel3. Show mellymel3's posts

BTW let's be clear and real about one thing. Faverani is not worth anything to anyone in the NBA unless he's a throw in for salary match-up purposes. I don't buy that his knee was the thing preventing him from playing well last season - that's BS. The guy looked lost, had occasional moments of talent, but he needs mucho seasoning before he's ready to contribute on a regular basis for an NBA team in any fashion. Babb looked better in his short time here than did Faux Hawk, and certainly Johnson did.

Faux Hawk has to learn how to fly in the NBA or he's going to break his neck when he falls out of the nest next time.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from cole-ely. Show cole-ely's posts

yeah, and we paid like 3mil per year for him, right?  wow, what a mistake!