Throw some money at Billups,Young,Evans,Martin,Garnett,Bass and Allen.

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from DaCeltics. Show DaCeltics's posts

Re: Throw some money at Billups,Young,Evans,Martin,Garnett,Bass and Allen.

In Response to Re: Throw some money at Billups,Young,Evans,Martin,Garnett,Bass and Allen.:
    [QUOTE]Re-sign the core. Sign some young bigs. Throw some money at James Harden.
    Posted by bgomez[/QUOTE]

Harden is signed for a few more years buddy. 

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from DaCeltics. Show DaCeltics's posts

In Response to Re: Throw some money at Billups,Young,Evans,Martin,Garnett,Bass and Allen.:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Throw some money at Billups,Young,Evans,Martin,Garnett,Bass and Allen. : Ray Allen is turning 37 in July. He will undergo surgery to remove bone spurs from his ankle(s). It may take some time for him to rehabilitate, and he may even miss part of next season. He's lost most of his speed and athleticism to age. He's become a liability on defense and his offense isn't consistent anymore. We all love Ray as an athlete and as a human being. However, it's probably time to move on without him and use the team's resources to acquire and develop new talent.
    Posted by edcap99[/QUOTE]

You are right on. Unfortunately for Ray and his contract situation is that he is hurt at the exact wrong time.

Once upon a time Orlando signed a new contract for free agent Grant Hill who was coming off of off-season surgery.

Let's say it did'nt pan out.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from bgomez. Show bgomez's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Throw some money at Billups,Young,Evans,Martin,Garnett,Bass and Allen. : Harden is signed for a few more years buddy. 
    Posted by DaCeltics[/QUOTE]

Wait... I thought he was an RFA and OKC had to choose between him and Ibaka.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from aciemvp. Show aciemvp's posts

[QUOTE]Mickael Pietrus? He's shooting 21.4% from the floor in the series. Feel free to use any cliches about beaches, oceans, and barns. Posted by CubanPete[/QUOTE]

and a better summary there never was.  pieatraeus was supposed to be our bench scoring this year, but deteriorated into a worse hunk of crap than the post celts posey- strictly a 3 bomber and not even a good one at that

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from aciemvp. Show aciemvp's posts

Can anyone seriously make a good argument about why we feel so obligated to sign ray?  he likely won't even be ready to start the season!  he's gone to crap in almost every playoff year for extended periods.  why?  mainly because doc refuses to stop over-using him.  this year it was injury.

this isn't the first time a wrench will be turned on those crankles in the off season.

just like you take a toy away from a kid that is used to hurt himself or others, take ray away from doc and let him play the treads off a younger man's sneakers, please.  PLEASE!

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

Reggie Evans has showed me that he deserves the 4 million Bass has an option to take next season.

I'd rather have a real PF at starter and a rebounder/hustler like Evans backing him up... then have Bass getting big minutes.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from aciemvp. Show aciemvp's posts

[QUOTE]Reggie Evans has showed me that he deserves the 4 million Bass has an option to take next season. I'd rather have a real PF at starter and a rebounder/hustler like Evans backing him up... then have Bass getting big minutes.
    Posted by rameakap[/QUOTE]

and the bass-hers start to trundle out.  funny how they tried to run me out of the joint when i mentioned the fact that what we traded away was nowhere near as good as bass- whether be starting or bench play comparisons

good to see more than a few getting how sub mediocre the guy is.  i wish him all the best, just would rather see him in another uniform

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from tompenny. Show tompenny's posts

Nick Young at SF LOL. That's some funny stuff. Kenyon Martin and Billups don't help the team. That makes them older.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Throw some money at Billups,Young,Evans,Martin,Garnett,Bass and Allen. : and the bass-hers start to trundle out.  funny how they tried to run me out of the joint when i mentioned the fact that what we traded away was nowhere near as good as bass- whether be starting or bench play comparisons good to see more than a few getting how sub mediocre the guy is.  i wish him all the best, just would rather see him in another uniform
    Posted by aciemvp[/QUOTE]

directing all your frustration and anger at one player in a vile and unpleasant way throughout the entire season is different than concluding after 10 playoff games that Bass is a backup and I'd rather have a hustle/rebound backup than a great mid-range J, occasional dunking/layup backup. Baby is a backup worthy of no more cash or minutes than Bass yet he got a big contract.

I remain very confident that my endless points on why it wsa a good trade and better to have Bass than BBD for this season remain true. Free agency could further prove my point, or if Danny doesn't upgarde the PF position with our cap space, strengthen yours Acie. In the end I still disagree with the way you turned a classy headworker forced into a larger role than should have been asked of him By Danny's bad MLE use/Perk trade, etc.) into a lightning rod of negativity.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from ojmega. Show ojmega's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Throw some money at Billups,Young,Evans,Martin,Garnett,Bass and Allen. : 100% agree and would add in that since there is no Bass in ur option 1 but a draft pick at Center it would be a good move to use Bass in a sign and trade to move up with 1 or both picks to get a better Center than at 22 (Zeller maybe?). I just don't see any C in this draft being a difference maker on a title run next year. Zeller is a solid rebounder and slight upgrade to Steamer who would def get time next year. Melo all defense no offense we could prob stay at 21/22 to get. Leonard is 2-3 years away but likely to be the best of the 3. I'd rather keep KG at the 5 and get Moultrie, Sullnger or Jones. I'd trust Danny to pick the bets pro of the 3 if he has them all in for workouts.   Bass is a mediocre rebounding jump shooting big. with him out of the picture maybe you trade him (a NO native) in a deal for Kaman. I would trade Bass (after he signs a 5/30 deal), E'Twuan and a pick for Kaman (say 2/18 or 4/30) and Jarrett Jack (1 year 5m left). Or maybe another Center could eb had for such a package.

Literally why are people so hi on Kaman, the guy plays and looks older than KG and he just might not be here and for me that is a good thing. Because I dont want KAMAN here.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Throw some money at Billups,Young,Evans,Martin,Garnett,Bass and Allen. : Literally why are people so hi on Kaman, the guy plays and looks older than KG and he just might not be here and for me that is a good thing. Because I dont want KAMAN here.
    Posted by ojmega[/QUOTE]

If you paid attention to what I said about Kaman maybe you wouldn't spout off like that. I've dogged the guys age, injuries and low rebounding totals all season. I said I would MUCH rather pay a guy like Humphries.

Kaman I would ONLY want at 2 years max no more than 8 million a year and ONLY if Bass is gone. I would simply see him splitting time with KG at Center and replacing the 12/6 Bass gave us.

Meanwhile the PF position would need a huge upgrade.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from DaCeltics. Show DaCeltics's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Throw some money at Billups,Young,Evans,Martin,Garnett,Bass and Allen. : If you paid attention to what I said about Kaman maybe you wouldn't spout off like that. I've dogged the guys age, injuries and low rebounding totals all season. I said I would MUCH rather pay a guy like Humphries. Kaman I would ONLY want at 2 years max no more than 8 million a year and ONLY if Bass is gone. I would simply see him splitting time with KG at Center and replacing the 12/6 Bass gave us. Meanwhile the PF position would need a huge upgrade.

Kaman is great! ( 45% of the time, in the 1st quarter, against bad teams, and play great D after midnight)

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from DaCeltics. Show DaCeltics's posts

I definitely want the Spurs Danny Green and Boris Diaw over here come July!!

They pass well and are cerebral players on both ends!!!

IQ wise I like Danny Green better than Nick Young ( altough Nick still has more skill and potential, Danny is a better role player. More efficient.)

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from snakeoil123. Show snakeoil123's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Throw some money at Billups,Young,Evans,Martin,Garnett,Bass and Allen. : and the bass-hers start to trundle out.  funny how they tried to run me out of the joint when i mentioned the fact that what we traded away was nowhere near as good as bass- whether be starting or bench play comparisons good to see more than a few getting how sub mediocre the guy is.  i wish him all the best, just would rather see him in another uniform

We tried to run you out of the joint because you have a bizarre love affair with Davis.  It was creepy.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from aciemvp. Show aciemvp's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Throw some money at Billups,Young,Evans,Martin,Garnett,Bass and Allen. : directing all your frustration and anger at one player in a vile and unpleasant way throughout the entire season is different than concluding after 10 playoff games that Bass is a backup and I'd rather have a hustle/rebound backup than a great mid-range J, occasional dunking/layup backup. Baby is a backup worthy of no more cash or minutes than Bass yet he got a big contract. I remain very confident that my endless points on why it wsa a good trade and better to have Bass than BBD for this season remain true. Free agency could further prove my point, or if Danny doesn't upgarde the PF position with our cap space, strengthen yours Acie. In the end I still disagree with the way you turned a classy headworker forced into a larger role than should have been asked of him By Danny's bad MLE use/Perk trade, etc.) into a lightning rod of negativity.

i did no such thing- i posted very little this season, and almost nothing until it was half over.  i have posted about such things as: the anti-wisdom of jerlame o'neal being the "solution" at center this year, as it pertains to wasted time NOT developing steamer with in-game experience, i have posted good and bad about rondo, posted thoughts about our bench contents and the general repetitive pattern of our reserve players being poorly assembled year after year.  i have waxed philosophically on the adverse effects on this team of signing washed up bigs for one year TOO LONG- jerlame o'neal being the latest and largest error- we could have really used that money OFF the cap this year to get a REAL VETERAN BIG and hollins isn't it.  what's worse is that we could have gotten any doctor to say that jerlame is a medical retirement.  his knees have been trash for five years now.  at least we could have got some if not all of the cap dough to do something with.  and lastly, the IDIOCY of signing a three legged horse to too much money into the FIRST YEAR OF A NEW CBA- (making your mistake un-tradeable for cap relief) how can that be chalked up as "good GM-ing"?  i have also wondered aloud about ray- when if ever was ray as sixth man going to come?  and then it came with him so washed up and injured that the was no good....

so nice try with the attempt to censor me from relevance by discrediting me as a "one issue" poster.

you have your opinion regarding the exchange of bass for davis and i have mine.  you have the right to your opinion and i have the right to believe that your opinion is insanity and i can support my opinion with statistics- the very thing that was used against davis so much last year.  and you support your opinion with...  your opinion and falsely discrediting me for being a "one issue" guy.  nice!

well, maybe with some sub-mentals on here that would stick to the wall.  go back and look if you want, see for yourself what i've posted and about what.  i know you don't want to because it doesn't fit your cheap smear job on me.  just like the stats and the radical decay of our help defense and garnett playing out of position at 5 don't support your conclusion that somehow bass brings more to this team than davis did in the overall picture- a farsical belief if there ever was one.  but good luck with it.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from aciemvp. Show aciemvp's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Throw some money at Billups,Young,Evans,Martin,Garnett,Bass and Allen. : Literally why are people so hi on Kaman, the guy plays and looks older than KG and he just might not be here and for me that is a good thing. Because I dont want KAMAN here.
    Posted by ojmega[/QUOTE]

worse yet, kaman is an injury waiting to happen.  it's not "if" it's WHEN- just like bogut.  divide kaman's number of career games played by the number of seasons he's been in the league, INCLUDE ANY THAT HE"S BEEN INJURED THE WHOLE YEAR and i bet you have a 45-50 game player on your hands....

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from aciemvp. Show aciemvp's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Throw some money at Billups,Young,Evans,Martin,Garnett,Bass and Allen. : We tried to run you out of the joint because you have a bizarre love affair with Davis.  It was creepy.
    Posted by snakeoil123[/QUOTE]

right.  nowhere near as creepy to me as the blind, baseless claim that bass is "such a great athlete" as the defense of the per minute rebounding of both players being exactly the same from davis last year to bass this year.  let alone that davis improved himself substantially this year in per min rebounding.

funny how one year stats are used to run a guy out of town and then a "great athlete" can be signed who gives the same per min stats and it's just hunky dory.  i would call that an irrational love affair.

but you have fun with your depleted c's defense and the fact that were as poor a rebounding team as we ever were.  just keep ignoring those stats that you couldn't stop humpin'g wildly last year

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Throw some money at Billups,Young,Evans,Martin,Garnett,Bass and Allen. : i did no such thing- i posted very little this season, and almost nothing until it was half over.  i have posted about such things as: the anti-wisdom of jerlame o'neal being the "solution" at center this year, as it pertains to wasted time NOT developing steamer with in-game experience, i have posted good and bad about rondo, posted thoughts about our bench contents and the general repetitive pattern of our reserve players being poorly assembled year after year.  i have waxed philosophically on the adverse effects on this team of signing washed up bigs for one year TOO LONG- jerlame o'neal being the latest and largest error- we could have really used that money OFF the cap this year to get a REAL VETERAN BIG and hollins isn't it.  what's worse is that we could have gotten any doctor to say that jerlame is a medical retirement.  his knees have been trash for five years now.  at least we could have got some if not all of the cap dough to do something with.  and lastly, the IDIOCY of signing a three legged horse to too much money into the FIRST YEAR OF A NEW CBA- (making your mistake un-tradeable for cap relief) how can that be chalked up as "good GM-ing"?  i have also wondered aloud about ray- when if ever was ray as sixth man going to come?  and then it came with him so washed up and injured that the was no good.... so nice try with the attempt to censor me from relevance by discrediting me as a "one issue" poster. you have your opinion regarding the exchange of bass for davis and i have mine.  you have the right to your opinion and i have the right to believe that your opinion is insanity and i can support my opinion with statistics- the very thing that was used against davis so much last year.  and you support your opinion with...  your opinion and falsely discrediting me for being a "one issue" guy.  nice! well, maybe with some sub-mentals on here that would stick to the wall.  go back and look if you want, see for yourself what i've posted and about what.  i know you don't want to because it doesn't fit your cheap smear job on me.  just like the stats and the radical decay of our help defense and garnett playing out of position at 5 don't support your conclusion that somehow bass brings more to this team than davis did in the overall picture- a farsical belief if there ever was one.  but good luck with it.

assumptions assumptions

you spend most of your time trashing Bass

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from BostonTrollSpanker. Show BostonTrollSpanker's posts

" The Cs will have great flexibilty this offseason. They shouldn't waste it on old washed up has-beens."

LOL, true dat!

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Mployee8. Show Mployee8's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Throw some money at Billups,Young,Evans,Martin,Garnett,Bass and Allen. : Yes I'd love the deal. Morrow is making 5-6 million a year for the next 2-3 years.... we'd play him only 18-22 minutes a game as the shooter off the bench replacing the Ray role. Like Young he does nothing other than shoot but is a career 45/42/89 guy... not too shabby. Better than giving Young 4/30 or w/e he'd want. Bass/Ray/JON and Wilcox made 23 million this season. Young and Humphries would replace what they gave us for like 6 million less. We'd still need to keep Green and get a backup PG, but the rotation would be pretty set if that was the case, even though it would be sad to see Ray go, we'd be younger and better.

Dragic is a FA and in the $2M zone now ... maybe a S&T for Dooling & and 2nd round pick ... hahaha, that works for me but maybe not for Houston.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from BostonTrollSpanker. Show BostonTrollSpanker's posts

" funny how one year stats are used to run a guy out of town"

Not so much stats but the fact that the dude is immature, selfish, with weight problems. Bass is none of those things...