Thursday @ 3:05 PM interview with Jeff Green

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Petey62. Show Petey62's posts

Thursday @ 3:05 PM interview with Jeff Green

I am listening to the John Thompson show here in DC and his guest is Jeff Green.  Wow, he admitted to being somewhat reluctant to be aggressive for fear of "stepping on toes".  He acknowledged how he deferred to the established Big 3 as well as Rondo when he came.  He just never got comfortable being "the man".  He acknowledged how the Celtics get everyone involved by passing the ball and he felt uncomfortable if he tried to "take over".

He really sounds like he wants to be in Boston and he sounds like he knows where he made his mistake last year.  He admitted that there were times when Doc urged him to be more selfish but he did not.  I really think he is going to take his game to another level next season with a training camp under his belt.

I look forward to seeing him develop more overall because he sounds like a good kid.

2. This post has been removed.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from DaCeltics. Show DaCeltics's posts

Re: Thursday @ 3:05 PM interview with Jeff Green

He was intimidated by our big shots, I won't fault him for that. Now let's see what he does with the experience he got.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from DaCeltics. Show DaCeltics's posts

Some guys play better under increased pressure, and some play worse. That is a trait the it almost impossible to lose.

It is the difference between Lebron and DWade.

5. This post has been removed.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Petey62. Show Petey62's posts

In Response to Re: Thursday @ 3:05 PM interview with Jeff Green:
    [QUOTE]Is there a link to the interview? Those are all encouraging comments.  I hope there is growth with that attitude , because that knock on him was the same in his days at G-Town.  With all his talent folks wanted him to be more assertive.  He definitely has the skills.  
    Posted by ShepherdCall[/QUOTE]
    There doesn't appear to be a link to that interview.  The show is on www.espn980.com and look under the John Thompson show for today.  You'll have to sift through to find it.

Green played under John Thompson's son, John Thompson III and HE stated that Green was the smartest player he coached.  That was not from the elder Thompson.

I sure hope he does break out of that shell and become more aggressive.  Maybe it's beyond me but if I had the skills to score on anybody and the athleticism to defend and run the floor like Green, I'd do it with a fire and passion unheard of.  I'd want to be on ESPN every game dunking on someone or throwing someone's shot into the 5th row.  But that's just me.  I would not be scared to let it all out.  Rondo, Pierce, Ray and KG would all have to just be angry at me but I doubt they would.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from guyfromtex. Show guyfromtex's posts

I just hope that Green doesn't play like a little sissy girl again.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from truth-torpedo34. Show truth-torpedo34's posts

He admitted on the association that when he was with oklahoma city he hated KG. It's also highly likely that the reputations of Pierce and Rondo intimidated jeff, as pierce is a trash talker and rondo's moods are impossible to read. Jeff has a lot of talent physically. When he was in okc he would jam on anyone if the opportunity presented itself. We need him to play more physically and confidently, and if he does we should be in decent shape.

Sections
Shortcuts