Time for a Change

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from R9R. Show R9R's posts

Time for a Change

DEVELOPING: Doc Rivers believes it "may be time for a change" in his status as Celtics coach, source told @Chris_Broussard.

Time ESPN to change their name to CNNOnionSports because that is what they are.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from R9R. Show R9R's posts

Re: Time for a Change

But,,, if this is true maybe a monster deal could be in the works with the LAC because the Celtics hold the rights on Doc for the duration on his contract. If he wanted to coach another franchise this year and let the Celtics rebuild, then the Celtics would be able to trade him. If he is part of a trade to the Clippers say with KG, we certainly could get more in return than Bledsoe and Jordan...

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

In response to R9R's comment:

But,,, if this is true maybe a monster deal could be in the works with the LAC because the Celtics hold the rights on Doc for the duration on his contract. If he wanted to coach another franchise this year and let the Celtics rebuild, then the Celtics would be able to trade him. If he is part of a trade to the Clippers say with KG, we certainly could get more in return than Bledsoe and Jordan...

Whatever happens the Celtics will be less relevant.  I blame Ainge for not doing more.  Bring back Bird and start over with him.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Karllost. Show Karllost's posts

Give Doc credit for knowing when to get out of town.. He knows he cant develop young players or build a team.. Hes gonna look for a deal like Phil jackson... a championship team already assembled with a superstar in place whose coattails he can hold on tight to.....

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

In response to Karllost's comment:

Give Doc credit for knowing when to get out of town.. He knows he cant develop young players or build a team.. Hes gonna look for a deal like Phil jackson... a championship team already assembled with a superstar in place whose coattails he can hold on tight to.....

My point is Ainge should be leaving with him. 

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from R9R. Show R9R's posts

In response to concord27's comment:

I agree.

Though lets not confuse the sentiment of Danny should go if Doc goes with the sentiment of Danny sucks at everything and has ruined the franchise.

Doc is a great coach

Danny is a good GM

They bring title. They bring winning. They restore franchise.

We could go another decade before seeing a GM & Coach duo as good as these two. People have to realize that.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Karllost. Show Karllost's posts

I wouldnt be upset if Ainge took off either... although its hard to place too much blame on him when the players he brings in usually never see the court... How can Doc and DA not be on the same page with this??

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from chris33. Show chris33's posts

I really hope Rivers leaves.

I can't stand the way he coaches.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from wfdog. Show wfdog's posts

I agree.

Though lets not confuse the sentiment of Danny should go if Doc goes with the sentiment of Danny sucks at everything and has ruined the franchise.

Doc is a great coach

Danny is a good GM

They bring title. They bring winning. They restore franchise.

We could go another decade before seeing a GM & Coach duo as good as these two. People have to realize that.

I wouldn't say that DA sucks and has ruined everything but for all the time he spends at college games and overseas, I think there are better talent evalutators out there. On top of that, he has become gun-shy since trading Perk and overly setimental in his dealings with some players like Green, KG, PP, and even Ray at the very end. Plus, now it seems like his buddy Doc is manipulating him a bit, so I think a GM change might not be a bad idea.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from kaktug. Show kaktug's posts

danny and doc brought us something we'd not had in over 20 years: a title. for that i give them all the credit in the world. i like doc. i don't necessarily think he's a GREAT coach, but i like him. i like danny too. he has taken some chances and some have paid off. others have not. but you can't hit the ball unless you swing. so i don't fault either of them. we will be hard pressed to replace either of them with a better man.

who are we gonna go after as a coach?

and who would we arguably go after as a GM? i'm assuming bird is not interested.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from wfdog. Show wfdog's posts

In response to kaktug's comment:

danny and doc brought us something we'd not had in over 20 years: a title. for that i give them all the credit in the world. i like doc. i don't necessarily think he's a GREAT coach, but i like him. i like danny too. he has taken some chances and some have paid off. others have not. but you can't hit the ball unless you swing. so i don't fault either of them. we will be hard pressed to replace either of them with a better man.

who are we gonna go after as a coach?

and who would we arguably go after as a GM? i'm assuming bird is not interested.

I think I heard that Bird was interested in another FO position out west and I thought I remember him having an interest in the C's before Pitnio got here, so maybe he would come on board and maybe he could discover the next Frank Vogel but DA & Wyc have such a love fest going that I seriously doubt they would ever part ways.

12. This post has been removed.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from BirdLewsBias. Show BirdLewsBias's posts

It looks like this is going down. I hope Ainge makes the right hire.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from kaktug. Show kaktug's posts

say what you want. ainge put the big 3 together and for that i'm grateful he ended a miserable 20-year stretch. even his most often criticized deal, the perk trade, looks great now. i'm a believer in DA. moreover, i'm a believer that we couldn't do much better with someone else calling the shots.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Jump-ball-overtime. Show Jump-ball-overtime's posts

GM and coaching jobs in the NBA are tough in a Stars league.

It makes no sense to ask for the previous 20 years before KG arrived. Why ask for more of the same. Rebuilding is a crap shoot at best, with many years of irrelevance inbetween championship runs.

As GM wantabees, every thing looks easy. Danny and Doc deserve more credit than some of you are willing to give.

I tip my hat to both of them.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from celticsince1958. Show celticsince1958's posts

In response to chris33's comment:

I really hope Rivers leaves.

I can't stand the way he coaches.

I totally agree. DOC is a like a windup toy. He does the same thing over and over and over and over. Totally predictable and never changes.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from RallyC. Show RallyC's posts

DOC was only as good as 3-HOFers made him look. He acted and looked the part and is a really good guy with plenty of BB knowledge, but I don't see great COACH. He still had 2-HOFers this past season and we struggled to stay above 500 all season long. It took MAJOR injuries to see what this team had talent wise because he ain't playing the youth otherwise. DOC was the beneficiary of the Big-3 before their significant decline, that's all. When Thibbs left, it hurt, but we still had 3-HOFers. Now down to 2, with both gone soon. DOC is a front running coach. He doesn't develope talent, nor does he devise amazing schemes, just like most coaches out there. Gimme a young guy who is hungry to prove his abilities, not a front runner who rides on the coat tails of 3-HOFers. I'm just sayin...........

18. This post has been removed.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Petey62. Show Petey62's posts

If Doc feels it's time for a change, then it's probably time for a change.  I think Danny should permit other teams to contact Doc.  Right after that process begins, Danny should actively look to trade KG AND Pierce (until June 29, at which time he should waive him).

If Doc were smart he'd try to go to either the LA Clips (1st preference) or Memphis (2nd preference) and encourage a "waived" Pierce to follow him to either place and instantly make either team significantly better (considering both teams are already title contenders-they'd become even more serious contenders).

But all of this has to happen sooner rather than later and fall right into place.  If Danny allowed teams to contact Doc tomorrow, this could all be finalized by next Wednesday.  Then KG would waive his "no trade" which would allow us to trade him for young value.

Maybe it is time for a change......

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from kaktug. Show kaktug's posts

In response to Petey62's comment:

If Doc feels it's time for a change, then it's probably time for a change.  I think Danny should permit other teams to contact Doc.  Right after that process begins, Danny should actively look to trade KG AND Pierce (until June 29, at which time he should waive him).

If Doc were smart he'd try to go to either the LA Clips (1st preference) or Memphis (2nd preference) and encourage a "waived" Pierce to follow him to either place and instantly make either team significantly better (considering both teams are already title contenders-they'd become even more serious contenders).

But all of this has to happen sooner rather than later and fall right into place.  If Danny allowed teams to contact Doc tomorrow, this could all be finalized by next Wednesday.  Then KG would waive his "no trade" which would allow us to tradey him for young value.

good points. maybe DA is just waiting for someone to offer us something for the right to talk to doc. maybe things are already in the works. maybe doc and DA have been talking about where doc would like to go and DA is exploring options to make the trades doc wants. i'm sure doc would help the Cs on his way out the door if he could.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

In response to Petey62's comment:

But all of this has to happen sooner rather than later and fall right into place.  If Danny allowed teams to contact Doc tomorrow, this could all be finalized by next Wednesday.  Then KG would waive his "no trade" which would allow us to tradey him for young value.

good points. maybe DA is just waiting for someone to offer us something for the right to talk to doc. maybe things are already in the works. maybe doc and DA have been talking about where doc would like to go and DA is exploring options to make the trades doc wants. i'm sure doc would help the Cs on his way out the door if he could.

What is it you think we will get for Doc?  Not much I am pretty sure.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from zeitgeist49. Show zeitgeist49's posts

say what you want. ainge put the big 3 together and for that i'm grateful he ended a miserable 20-year stretch. even his most often criticized deal, the perk trade, looks great now. i'm a believer in DA. moreover, i'm a believer that we couldn't do much better with someone else calling the shots.

The Celts have become irrelevant and the prospects for next year look pretty dim. And you are saying we couldn't do much better with someone else calling the shots ? The Boston Celtics were once  a proud franchise.  One championship in 27 years is pretty sad. And it's because of bonehead FO decisions. Whoever thought DA would be an elite GM doesn't know basketball.  

23. This post has been removed.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from debrit. Show debrit's posts

Whatever happens the Celtics will be less relevant.  I blame Ainge for not doing more.  Bring back Bird and start over with him.

Be specific.What else Danny could have done?Drafitng in the back of first round,no money.I think he has done a good job.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from kaktug. Show kaktug's posts

as stated above, ainge took over in '03. he acquired KG and RA in '07. since then, one title, 2 eastern conference titles, and how many division titles? and we nearly pulled off an upset over the heat in a hard-fought 7-game series last year. danny and doc had a nice run. better than most teams in the league. but our stars are aging and can no longer carry this team or any other. so it's time to rebuild. with or without doc. but i'm not going to bad-mouth doc or danny. i'm proud of what they accomplished.

Sections
Shortcuts