Time for a Change

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from kaktug. Show kaktug's posts

Re: Time for a Change

it should also be noted that the team that danny took over in '03 was a complete disaster. so to turn it around in 4 years was pretty amazing.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from R9R. Show R9R's posts

In response to kaktug's comment:

as stated above, ainge took over in '03. he acquired KG and RA in '07. since then, one title, 2 eastern conference titles, and how many division titles? and we nearly pulled off an upset over the heat in a hard-fought 7-game series last year. danny and doc had a nice run. better than most teams in the league. but our stars are aging and can no longer carry this team or any other. so it's time to rebuild. with or without doc. but i'm not going to bad-mouth doc or danny. i'm proud of what they accomplished.

but but but

Rondo touches the refs and Doc won't listen to my creative line-up ideas!!!

Therefore Ainge sucks.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from kaktug. Show kaktug's posts

i nearly forgot...

ainge takes over in '03

HIRES doc in '04

acquires RA and KG in '07

title in '08

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from PHX85014. Show PHX85014's posts

I STILL BELIEVE IN AINGE'S "VISION" THING , BUT I THINK IT"S TIME FOR DOC RIVERS TO GO.

IF THE CELTICS CAN "TRADE" DOC TO THE CLIPPERS TO GET KG TO AGREE TO A TRADE, THEN YOU'D HAVE TO CALL THAT A GENIUS MOVE.....ESPECIALLY IF GEORGE KARL ENDS UP COACHING THE CELTICS

AINGE HAS HAD HIS HANDS TIED WITH THE BIG THREE SALARY, NOW IT'S TIME FOR WHAT'S NEXT AND I THINK IT'S CLEAR DOC RIVERS DOESN"T HAVE ANY INTEREST IN BUILDING A NEW TEAM.

REMEMBER, THIS IS THE CLIPPERS AND DONALD STERLING......AINGE HAS THE POTENTIAL TO PULL OFF ANOTHER HISTORIC HEIST THAT WILL IMMEDIATELY PUT THE CELTICS BACK TO CHAMPIONSHIP CONTENDER STATUS....

ERIC BLEDSOE, DeANDRE JORDAN, CARON BUTLER, DRAFT PICKS......WOULDN'T IT BE GREAT TO GET RID OF JASON TERRY  AS PART OF ALL THIS ?

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from SFBostonFan. Show SFBostonFan's posts

There are 5-6 threads all dealing with trading the trio, Doc, KG & PP so I copy & paste my comments from another which are appropriate here:

Call me a Monday morning quarterback but I wished KG had waived his no trade & he and PP went to the Clippers last season.

So, if Doc goes too I will root for the Clippers as I always have as being a Boston fan, I have always hated the Lakers but living in SF, there is a rivalry between sports teams here and LA almost like Boston & NY.  KG & PP, 2 HOF, might get another ring and can retire in LA LA land. I will enjoy seeing the Clippers beat the Lakers and frankly I still associate them more with their roots in San Diego than LA. As I only go to New England a couple of times per year to see family, selfishly perhaps, I can get to see KG,PP & Doc out here in travels on the West Coast. So, would love to see it happen & build our team with youth. I cite the GS Warriors who gave the Spurs a scare with a starting 5 aged 23 years old.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from susan250. Show susan250's posts

In response to wfdog's comment:

In response to kaktug's comment:

danny and doc brought us something we'd not had in over 20 years: a title. for that i give them all the credit in the world. i like doc. i don't necessarily think he's a GREAT coach, but i like him. i like danny too. he has taken some chances and some have paid off. others have not. but you can't hit the ball unless you swing. so i don't fault either of them. we will be hard pressed to replace either of them with a better man.

who are we gonna go after as a coach?

and who would we arguably go after as a GM? i'm assuming bird is not interested.

I think I heard that Bird was interested in another FO position out west and I thought I remember him having an interest in the C's before Pitnio got here, so maybe he would come on board and maybe he could discover the next Frank Vogel but DA & Wyc have such a love fest going that I seriously doubt they would ever part ways.

I wish that Bird had never left the Celtics organization.  I am  not sure that he would have any desire to return to the Celtics.