Time for a new alter ego ID and become a troll

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Karllost. Show Karllost's posts

Time for a new alter ego ID and become a troll

Since the bulk of the threads are nonsense with most of the content trolls or troll fighters, theres very little to read or respond to on this Celtic forum other than game threads...

Due to the increasing nonsense, I think its time to move to Defcon 1...

An analogy:  the only way governments make real change is when the people finally cant take it anymore and revolt... with all their problems, good people become a problem themselves and turn on the governemnt... 

Thnk about gas prices... were $1.29 4 years ago... now around $4... what would happen if they hit $15 a gallon?? Right, people would just throw their arms in the air and say F*** Y**, Ive had enough..

Therefore, I think we should all contribute in our attempt to change this forum, if at tall possible. Lets make the pendulum swing so far to one side, either Dottie does something about it or we'll know its a lost cause...  Lets all make new ids and become trolls and wreck what very little is left of this forum in the hopes someone finally pays attention and fixes it....  IGNORE button, DELETE IDS, DELETE THREADS etc etc

Like all the BS politicians like to say, its time for a change...

Just an idea... cause I cant find many threads anymore of interest.. many posters seem to have stopped posting.. I dont even care if they agree with my points of view or not..at least  the debate..and sometimes argument/fight was sincere and added some spice for me to enjoy this forum...

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from snakeoil123. Show snakeoil123's posts

Re: Time for a new alter ego ID and become a troll

This forum is horrible.

I am self employed and goof around on the computer a lot and come over here because of habit.  You are correct there is almost no basketball being discussed here whatsoever.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from OneOnOne. Show OneOnOne's posts

In response to snakeoil123's comment:
    [QUOTE]

This forum is horrible.

I am self employed and goof around on the computer a lot and come over here because of habit.  You are correct there is almost no basketball being discussed here whatsoever.

[/QUOTE]

Habit for me as well. Have more time now than usual and bored.  The trolls have done what they wanted to do and just ruin it for everyone.  So many good posters gone and we have to read the same garbage all the time. Its sad the mods don't take this board more serious and control it.  If they banned someone enough finally they would get tired of the hassle of setting up new accounts and finally go away.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from drumery. Show drumery's posts

Agreed. I, too, visit out of habit, but I've lost all interest in this forum.  I used to come for basketball education and entertainment, but there's absoutely no value here anymore. 

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

The forum has devolved first with the format being changed and then of course the trolls who with the fall off of so many good posters find the BB even more easy to infest with their nonsense.

Dottie is not going to help or she would have already.  The good news is that the trolls are really one person.  Showing how sick he really is and how without regulation by the BDC can muck up what was a fun place to talk about the Celtics.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from puddinpuddin. Show puddinpuddin's posts

The trolls and the format are not the main issues.

The Cs are playing very disappointing basketball after a lot of off-season hype/excitement.

We've hit a real deadspot. Little to talk about that hasn't been chewed over many times.

A blockbuster trade might give us something to chat about.

Incremental trade not so much.

In the meantime, I'm invested in RG3 and the 'Skins.

Pud

7. This post has been removed.

8. This post has been removed.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from CHEisCHE. Show CHEisCHE's posts

FIERCE WHO BROUGHT DOWN THIS FORUM - It's a shame - he has no respect!! Maybe you are right, we might as well pack and go !

He's trying TO F~VCK THIS THREAD NOW! JUST A MATTER OF TIME.

10. This post has been removed.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from breaktime. Show breaktime's posts

For want of an ignore button, the board was lost

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from puddinpuddin. Show puddinpuddin's posts

In response to breaktime's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]
    The CS playing good ball makes all other housekeeping issues moot.

Pud

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from tomobo. Show tomobo's posts

In response to puddinpuddin's comment:
    [QUOTE]

The trolls and the format are not the main issues.

The Cs are playing very disappointing basketball after a lot of off-season hype/excitement.

We've hit a real deadspot. Little to talk about that hasn't been chewed over many times.

A blockbuster trade might give us something to chat about.

Incremental trade not so much.

In the meantime, I'm invested in RG3 and the 'Skins.

Pud

[/QUOTE]

Good input from everyone. The format and trolls can be easily overcome by due diligence- just discern who the a$$es are & skip their posts(I'm sure mine are @ the top of most lists). I'm sorry if my attempts @ humor are a distraction but they usually are b-ball related. Sometimes stiring up the pot is out of boredom or dissatisfaction. Perhaps my lamest attempt was when I questioned if the C's losing streak would reach 59(or something like that). Just ignore the lamity(no such word, but you know what I mean)...

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from breaktime. Show breaktime's posts

In response to Karllost's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Since the bulk of the threads are nonsense with most of the content trolls or troll fighters, theres very little to read or respond to on this Celtic forum other than game threads...

Due to the increasing nonsense, I think its time to move to Defcon 1...

An analogy:  the only way governments make real change is when the people finally cant take it anymore and revolt... with all their problems, good people become a problem themselves and turn on the governemnt... 

Thnk about gas prices... were $1.29 4 years ago... now around $4... what would happen if they hit $15 a gallon?? Right, people would just throw their arms in the air and say F*** Y**, Ive had enough..

Therefore, I think we should all contribute in our attempt to change this forum, if at tall possible. Lets make the pendulum swing so far to one side, either Dottie does something about it or we'll know its a lost cause...  Lets all make new ids and become trolls and wreck what very little is left of this forum in the hopes someone finally pays attention and fixes it....  IGNORE button, DELETE IDS, DELETE THREADS etc etc

Like all the BS politicians like to say, its time for a change...

Just an idea... cause I cant find many threads anymore of interest.. many posters seem to have stopped posting.. I dont even care if they agree with my points of view or not..at least  the debate..and sometimes argument/fight was sincere and added some spice for me to enjoy this forum...

[/QUOTE]

I agree with your sentiments on the board Karl, but  I think your way of going about it is backward.

BDC argueably doesn't care about  all  the trolls proliferating  the board and  ultimately making  this board an obnoxious experience.  What they care about is the amount of traffic it gets.  The internet is more about hits and user views then content.
    So, it's my belief, if we were to stage an effective protest to try and effect change on  this board, we would have to organize some sort of boycott.  Say, call for a day of  no posts or visits to the board (or even bdc itself).  Perhaps even do it one day out of seven each week.
    A dysfunctional but busy board is not a bad thing to the webmasters.  But a board nobody posts on... 

15. This post has been removed.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from breaktime. Show breaktime's posts

In response to puddinpuddin's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to breaktime's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]
    The CS playing good ball makes all other housekeeping issues moot.

Pud

[/QUOTE]

An ignore button is  easier to acquire  than a quality big man.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from painter. Show painter's posts

1. I agree about the trolls and have been on that for a while.

2. One cannot blame the demise of the forum on the Celtics' disappointing play - that, in fact, is why there is a vehicle for Celtic fans to converse with other Celtics fans about why, what can be done with current personnel, have fantasies about additions to the roster, and other Celtics talk.  The trolls have destroyed nearly every topic by turning them away from the raison d'etre of the forum.  (For the trolls only: "raison d'etre" means "reason for being")

3. Lest we forget the petty, immature squabbling, mostly personal, between two or among more posters always turning into a "did, did-not" fight that also steers the conversation away from the enjoyment of reading and writing about the Celtics.  If someone has an opinion (there's no genuine inside information or always-accurate prognostications here after all) then he or she has that opinion.  Period.  It's no more or no less valid than someone else's unless there are provable facts on one side and invention on the other - and let's not get into invention callouts, at least not with any frequency and without editorial comments about the character of the inventor.  It's always opinion, and while minds can be changed, it will normally happen over a period of time, not because of being railed at or insulted.  Threats and intimidation do not enhance learning.  

4. I usually write too much, not too often, but too many words.  That's my complaint about myself.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from CHEisCHE. Show CHEisCHE's posts

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~THERE YOU GO! IT'S OVER KARLLOST

WONDER IF HE WORKS...SOMETHING THAT I'M INTRIGUE TO KNOW

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from kyceltic. Show kyceltic's posts

One reason Celtic fans don't post on this board as much any more, is of the 34 dissusions on the first page, 18 are about the Lakers!!!

20. This post has been removed.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from CHEisCHE. Show CHEisCHE's posts

I'm willing to leave this forum if we all or at least 3 people willing to. wE'LL COME BACK IN THE FUTURE HOPING TO SEE THIS GUY HAS TOOTH ACHE....severe tooth ache!

Leave FIERCE ALONE -- FIERCE f~VCK3D UP THIS FORUM NOT THE LAKER TROLLS. LET 'EM F~VCK AROUND WITH THE LAKER'S TROLLS.

This guy don't work -- he pickled here.

22. This post has been removed.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from CHEisCHE. Show CHEisCHE's posts

YOU CONTRIBUTED NOTHING ~A~ZZ --- NOTHING!!  YOU F~VCKED UP THIS FORUM even more. HE THINKS HE CONTRIBUTED SOMETHING --- A~ZZ, NOTHING - PEOPLE LEAVING THIS FORUM BECAUSE OF YOU --- WORK! -- NO ENTITLEMENT  & NO FOODSTAMP HERE!!

24. This post has been removed.

25. This post has been removed.

Sections
Shortcuts