Time for Celtics to be HOPEFUL again.

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from alaricjr. Show alaricjr's posts

Time for Celtics to be HOPEFUL again.

After this depressing chain of events (hopelessness of having a team without Pierce, Garnett and Doc), it may be time for us to be hopeful again.

If the Celtics can draft a good point guard or center, this will be the team's roster:

Starters: PG Rondo (28), SG Bradley (23), SF Pierce (36), PF Green (27) and C Garnett (37)

Bench: Combo Guards Terry (36), Crawford (25), Lee (28), Williams (26), PP Bass (28), PP/C Sullinger (22)and C Melo (23).

Rookie: Dennis Schroeder or Gorgui Dieng.

The Boston Celtics was seeded 7th last season in the Eastern Conference Playoffs.  They will only lose seldom-used center, Chris Wilcox but will gain superstar point guard Rondo and rectified supposed-to-be lottery pick Sullinger.  Last season's weaknesses of playmaking and rebounding will be remedied by these two, respectively.  If Boston has to run, Green can slide to 3 while Bass and Sullinger can play 4 and 5, respectively. 

Pierce and Garnett have to stay with this team as mentors of these young players.  They will set the culture of this team, mold the characters of these players and teach them the right attitudes to achieve a successful transition.

If Ainge can select a good player in this coming draft, this could be a very good start of a rebuilding process that is seamless.

2. This post has been removed.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from teejaytee70. Show teejaytee70's posts

Re: Time for Celtics to be HOPEFUL again.

In response to alaricjr's comment:

After this depressing chain of events (hopelessness of having a team without Pierce, Garnett and Doc), it may be time for us to be hopeful again.

If the Celtics can draft a good point guard or center, this will be the team's roster:

Starters: PG Rondo (28), SG Bradley (23), SF Pierce (36), PF Green (27) and C Garnett (37)

Bench: Combo Guards Terry (36), Crawford (25), Lee (28), Williams (26), PP Bass (28), PP/C Sullinger (22)and C Melo (23).

The Boston Celtics was seeded 7th last season in the Eastern Conference Playoffs.  They will only lose seldom-used center, Chris Wilcox but will gain superstar point guard Rondo and rectified supposed-to-be lottery pick Sullinger.  Last season's weaknesses of playmaking and rebounding will be remedied by these two, respectively.  If Boston has to run, Green can slide to 3 while Bass and Sullinger can play 4 and 5, respectively. 

Pierce and Garnett have to stay with this team as mentors of these young players.  They will set the culture of this team, mold the characters of these players and teach them the right attitudes to achieve a successful transition.

If Ainge can select a good player in this coming draft, this could be a very good start of a rebuilding process that is seamless.

The thought of PP and KG returning fills me with hopelessness.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from krismk. Show krismk's posts

The NBA is dead here.  The gloating commish has no interest in the traditions and work, and happliy ushers a great sport into showmanship like professional wrestling and roller derby.

The NBA was moving toward competing internationally with soccer, but they blew it.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Eldunker. Show Eldunker's posts

Honestly, hopeful is the wrong word.  You will just be dissapointed and frustrated.  Inquisitively and patiently engaged is more accurate.  We will be incorporating new and mostlly young players.  Forget the wins and losses.  Focus on player development, their potential, and ability to jell as a team with a new coach.  Its just a different frame of mind, that will be much better for everyone.  Its gonna take a while.  

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from BostonTrollSpanker. Show BostonTrollSpanker's posts

Agreed. I hope we don't stink.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from chris33. Show chris33's posts

I am hopeful that we get a new coach.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Karllost. Show Karllost's posts

In response to alaricjr's comment:

Im trying to find the logic of your post.

Having Sully and Rondo back will solve our problems? We were a sub 500 team with them in the lineup this past season

PP & KG remaining mentoring what young players? They should have done their mentoring last season cause the only new face in your scenerio is what we pick up in the draft which likely wont be much  in their rookie year..esp if Doc is coach

Ainge selecting a good player in the draft to add to basically the same team from last year isnt much of a rebuilding process.. all it is is adding a rookie.

Wish I could be as optimistic as you.... I just see a mess under your scenerio and add to that PP & KG older and likely getting even worse and playing less minutes. Also lets not forget DOcs attempted escape to LA dragging KG with him, that outta endear them to the organization, teammates and fans lol... talk about destroying chemistry and  ubuntu

9. This post has been removed.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from puddinpuddin. Show puddinpuddin's posts

A new coach.... and maybe there is some hope that Rondo's feet can be held to the fire and required to grow into the kind of well-rounded, unselfish  player we could trust to drive the team bus.... that sort of firm requirement to grow up.... or bye bye..... a coaching change could break the mold and make me somewhat hopeful.

I'd bet house $$$ on it's likelihood for success, not my own.

I'm not that hopeful.

Pud

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Karllost. Show Karllost's posts

In response to puddinpuddin's comment:

A new coach.... and maybe there is some hope that Rondo's feet can be held to the fire and required to grow into the kind of well-rounded, unselfish  player we could trust to drive the team bus.... that sort of firm requirement to grow up.... or bye bye..... a coaching change could break the mold and make me somewhat hopeful.

I'm not that hopeful.

Pud

I'll take that bet.. Its likely any new coach we get will not be in the elite category, knowing a mess and rebuilding awaits them here and not much $$ to do it with.

Id have real doubts even an elite coach can co exist and change Rondos stripes...let alone a 2nd/3rd tier coach whom RR probably will feel superior to.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from BirdLewsBias. Show BirdLewsBias's posts

I like the original posters thinking but ther remains 2 problems. 1-KG wil not play for another coach. 2-PP needs to be waived.

So get what you can for KG and PP and move on. I like the picks of Schroeder and Dieng. We can add pieces but KG and PP are done in Boston simply because Doc didn't make a smooth exit and was scared to death about coaching a team without KG and PP...and that's anywhere not just in Boston. So whomever hires Doc better be ready to take on KG and PP if not they all go their separate ways.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from puddinpuddin. Show puddinpuddin's posts

In response to Karllost's comment:

In response to puddinpuddin's comment:

I'm not that hopeful.

Pud

I'll take that bet.. Its likely any new coach we get will not be in the elite category, knowing a mess and rebuilding awaits them here and not much $$ to do it with.

Id have real doubts even an elite coach can co exist and change Rondos stripes...let alone a 2nd/3rd tier coach whom RR probably will feel superior to.

Rondo's maturation would make a rebuild much, much easier. I would want a tough-minded coach ready to confront, someone whom R9R might well be tempted to feel superior to and to act on those feelings.

All the better to draw Rondo out into  open defiance. Forget R9R's passive aggressive tactics. I want Rondo to take a swing at the new coach.

And I've got a million Danny-bucks of house money to play with.

I want somebody with old school discipline.

Nate McMillan still available?

Pud

Sections
Shortcuts