Time for Melo?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from OneOnOne. Show OneOnOne's posts

Time for Melo?

Would this be a good time to bring up Fab Melo?   Maybe he could give us a lift if he could supply some rebounding and protecting the rim.  Both areas that we struggle in.  Of course he would make the typical mistakes rookies make.  

I know he will get brought up at some time but now might be a good time as any.  I wouldn't want to see it if he was only going to ride the pine though.  He would have to get minutes each game or he needs to stay where he is.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from snakeoil123. Show snakeoil123's posts

Re: Time for Melo?

I don't see why they wouldn't bring him up as long as they give him 8-10 minutes a game.

You know who else I would like to see on a 10 day?  Micah Downs.

He is ripping it up in Maine.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from OneOnOne. Show OneOnOne's posts

In response to snakeoil123's comment:

I don't see why they wouldn't bring him up as long as they give him 8-10 minutes a game.

I havent kept up with them a lot, but did know Downs had played pretty good all year. With a guy like him you don't have to worry about hustle.  I assume he would be a SF,  not sure where he would get minutes.

4. This post has been removed.

5. This post has been removed.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from OneOnOne. Show OneOnOne's posts

I am nearly 100 % sure as well that it will be after the all star break.  Who knows though?

Interesting when I heard the Simmons podcast this morning, they were talking about the Celtics record since the trade of Perkins.  It wasn't much better than 500 winning percentage. I think that is pretty indicative of our need to have that player at the center spot.  Doesn't even have to be a scorer.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from BCSP. Show BCSP's posts

If the plan is to give him minutes, then bring him-up. He will make mistakes, but it will benefit the Cs in the long-run.

Update: it appears Melo is injured again! He missed Sunday's game with an undisclosed injury / illness!

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from snakeoil123. Show snakeoil123's posts

In response to OneOnOne's comment:

I havent kept up with them a lot, but did know Downs had played pretty good all year. With a guy like him you don't have to worry about hustle.  I assume he would be a SF,  not sure where he would get minutes.

He actually plays g-f. Again I am just talking a 10 day but the Celtics could use a guy at 6-8 that can play the 2.  

9. This post has been removed.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from BirdLewsBias. Show BirdLewsBias's posts

Ok Melo is being called up to the Celtics. Now I'm hoping they keep him up.

11. This post has been removed.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from heirplain. Show heirplain's posts

YES MD pierce/green/downs.....Dynamite!!

Sections
Shortcuts