Time for Ray Allen to come off the bench

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from DaCeltics. Show DaCeltics's posts

Time for Ray Allen to come off the bench

ala Spurs version Michael Finley
    Hawks Jamal Crawford
    Dallas version Jerry Stackhouse

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from JayShizzle45. Show JayShizzle45's posts

Re: Time for Ray Allen to come off the bench

Im all for it.....good suggestion...I believe sooner or later one of these older guys will have to come off the bench, and I believe Ray is acutally in the best shape of them all, but I think he is the only one who could be effective in that role. 

No way Paul is gonna come off the bench, nor should he, he is still a great talent, and needed to set the tone.

I also cant see K.G. coming off the bench, as he is a tone setter as well, but I would def. reduce his minutes and make sure he never goes over 40, and stays at around 24 - 28 minutes. I believe anything over that K.G. will wear down.

Ray would be an assasin off the bench, IF he has someone to get him the ball ...so dont know about that...I love D.West and his defense and outside shot, but he is not good enough to fascilitate to people...and our offenseive flow is off when he comes in...

Green should start at the 3 next year and put Paul back at the 2 so he can abuse smaller players...

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from DaCeltics. Show DaCeltics's posts

In Response to Re: Time for Ray Allen to come off the bench:
    Im all for it.....good suggestion...I believe sooner or later one of these older guys will have to come off the bench, and I believe Ray is acutally in the bets shape of them all, but I think he is the only one who could be effective in that role.  No way Paul is gonna come off the bench, nor should he, he is still a great talent, and needed to set the tone. I also cant see K.G. coming off the bench, as he is a tone setter as well, but I would def. reduce his minutes and make sure he never goes over 40, and stays at around 24 - 28 minutes. I believe anything over that K.G. will wear down. Ray would be an assasin off the bench, IF he has someone to get him the ball ...so dont know about that...I love D.West and his defense and outside shot, but he is not good enough to fascilitate to people...and our offenseive flow is off when he comes in... Green should start at the 3 next year and put Paul back at the 2 so he can abuse smaller players...
    Posted by JayShizzle45

Then we need a passing mentality back up PG.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from JayShizzle45. Show JayShizzle45's posts

I still want a backup that can score the rock, but any decent pg will be an uprgade over West who usually only has one good arm and really doesnt pass well.  I think they should give Arroyo another shot and see how he does next year...I mean for a backup, he would be Ok, I think.  Bradley??  who knows

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheDUDDER. Show TheDUDDER's posts

In Response to Re: Time for Ray Allen to come off the bench : Then we need a passing mentality back up PG.
    Posted by DaCeltics

The have a passing mentality back up PG but unfortunately he starts.  What they need is a point guard that is not laughed at whenever they do not get within 10 feet of him and dare him to shoot and actually participate in his team's offense.

All year long we read post after post about how the Cs need to run more and more to take advantage of Rondo's strengths and I usually responded that fastbreak points are about 10% of the game and that the playoffs are largely based on a team's ability to execute in the half court - Rondo can't, he passes the ball then hides in the corner and his team is left to try to score 4 against 5.

Not sure if you heard Danny's interview on WEEI yesterday but he said he is perfectly willing to take the heat and responsibility associated with the Perk trade.  He firmly believes that defense was very good with Perk and just as good without Perk and drum roll please he said (as I have always said!!!!!!)...."our offense let us down".........

I liken the Ray Allen off the bench question / comment to coaching in the NFL....  fans call in to talk radio and say fire the coach and the guys on the radio respond with you want to fire the coach but who do you replace him with......  so Ray comes off the bench - and presumably that means someone better will start - correct?  LIKE WHO.....

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

Ray and Paul can both rest while Jeff Green plays thirty plus.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from JayShizzle45. Show JayShizzle45's posts

Paul replaces Ray at the 2....duh!  He is better and we have Green who is a 3 who will take pauls place.

Dud, these kind of discussions are usually reserved for fans.  I dont know why you feel the need to chime in on every post that mentions a pg, but cant make a comment about anything else.

Its obvious you are still upset about not getting a pg spot somewhere in your life and besides that the only other thing you talk about is how Mean K.G. is and that he is dirty.  Anything else you can add??

I think we all know your stance by now....

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from notrade. Show notrade's posts

In Response to Time for Ray Allen to come off the bench:
    ala Spurs version Michael Finley Hawks Jamal Crawford Dallas version Jerry Stackhouse
    Posted by DaCeltics

You are shortsighted and not too smart,if you think Stack is a better example the Jason Terry.  

I f they can get Green back,they should start Paul at 2 and Green at the 3. Their defense would be better and they would have punch off the bench like Dallas.

Dallas starts Stevenson and brings Terry off the bench,

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Mchampion. Show Mchampion's posts

Allen could come off the bench because he can shoot.  Who wouldn't love to see a second unit with Ray knocking down 3's, But who do we have to start in his place...........no one

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheDUDDER. Show TheDUDDER's posts

Paul replaces Ray at the 2....duh!  He is better and we have Green who is a 3 who will take pauls place. Dud, these kind of discussions are usually reserved for fans.  I dont know why you feel the need to chime in on every post that mentions a pg, but cant make a comment about anything else. Its obvious you are still upset about not getting a pg spot somewhere in your life and besides that the only other thing you talk about is how Mean K.G. is and that he is dirty.  Anything else you can add?? I think we all know your stance by now....
    Posted by JayShizzle45

I agree Paul could move to the 2 but I think he would have a problem with some smaller more athletic 2s on the defensive end.

I was merely suggesting as Danny did in his interview yesterday that the problem was not the defense and that it was the offense that let the team down.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from RickFox17. Show RickFox17's posts

Ray or PP could be the next Hondo off the bench.  PP is a better all around player than Ray.  RAYcan be the next JAson Terry

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from JayShizzle45. Show JayShizzle45's posts

Dud, I agree that with quicker guys at the 2, he could get burnt here and there, but I think he just needs to get used to it again...he did it at the beginning of his career when Eric Williams played the 3. 

I also understand that point one poster made about Paul not needing a rythym, and him being the better candidate...but as a captain, I just dont see it....

I dont think Paul would ever entertain that thought and would retire before that happens...just MO..

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheDUDDER. Show TheDUDDER's posts

Dud, I agree that with quicker guys at the 2, he could get burnt here and there, but I think he just needs to get used to it again...he did it at the beginning of his career when Eric Williams played the 3.  I also understand that point one poster made about Paul not needing a rythym, and him being the better candidate...but as a captain, I just dont see it.... I dont think Paul would ever entertain that thought and would retire before that happens...just MO..
    Posted by JayShizzle45

He would say all the right things but I think it would not show up on the floor and eventually it would blow up.... you are not going to put a guy on the bench when he has a chip on his shoulder the size of the rock of Gibraltar at never being viewed as one of the absolute best players in the league.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from DaCeltics. Show DaCeltics's posts

Pierce is not ready to come off the bench because we do not have Lebron James ( the only 3 he should take a back seat to)

When that changes ( his ability to dominate) he should come off the bench if we have a player better than him.

Right now, Jeff and Ray Allen are not better than Pierce.

Jeff is not better than Ray, but Jeff is not a 2. Pierce is becoming the 2.

In that scenario the best 3 is now Jeff Green.

Jeff needs to work on his handle this summer. That is the next step for him.

Sections
Shortcuts