1. This post has been removed.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from P34. Show P34's posts

Re: Time Running Out for JO

PF depth /> KG, JON, GD, LH

C depth /> JON, SO, KP, GD

OK he's more like 3.5 than 4 ... my apologies

Re: Glen Davis vs. Anthony Tolliver

posted at 10/1/2010 4:35 PM EDT
    www.boston.com/community/persona.html?UID=5969efe8ccb239af0914573e7f81edeb&plckUserId=5969efe8ccb239af0914573e7f81edeb">
    First: 7/8/2008
    Last: 3/12/2011
    In Response to Re: Glen Davis vs. Anthony Tolliver:
    In Response to Re: Glen Davis vs. Anthony Tolliver : In case you didn't know Shaq and BBD are on the 2nd unit while Harangody and Erden are with the 3rd team. Now there's the real you coming out of the closet. Everybody here knows that for 3 days of camp Shaq and Baby are with the 2nd unit along with West, Daniels, and Robinson.  It's pretty obvious now that you simply hate Glen Davis. 
    Posted by P34

PF depth /> KG, JON, GD, LH

C depth /> JON, SO, KP, GD

OK he's more like 3.5 than 4 ... my apologies

3. This post has been removed.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from P34. Show P34's posts

In Response to Re: Time Running Out for JO:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Time Running Out for JO : What were their other options? Since the season began JO, Shaq and Perk have been out or rehabbing .... you win!
    Posted by Mployee8[/QUOTE]

Why else would I take on that bet if I knew Davis was not going to be good this season?

The bottom line is I believed in Glen Davis and you didn't!

5. This post has been removed.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from P34. Show P34's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Time Running Out for JO : I'd say that was pretty accurate on 10/1/10 .... but you had BBD as The Backup Center and now you are the cheer leader for Shaq ... what a clown!

That's NOT accurate at all. Even during the preseason Davis was already the 6th man. 

A clown is someone who's not man enough to stand by his words and keeps spinning the argument, trying to weasel his way out of the hole he dug himself.

You would get more respect, Mployee8, if you man up, stop making excuses and accept defeat.

HAHAHA!!!

7. This post has been removed.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from P34. Show P34's posts

[QUOTE]Like you? Hoping Kobe is injured ... you have shown your true colors as a loser for sure ... classless and no concept for what a true fan is ... go back to the basement and put on some more card shows and rabbits out of the hat tricks for the neighborhood kids ... you should ba a Laker Fan as you our the greatest Faker on these boards!

Who's the loser here? Anthony Tolliver and Mployee8 or Glen Davis and P34?

Care to answer?

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from P34. Show P34's posts

"I know Tolliver has a good chance of being statistically better than BBD on paper due to their roles for their respective teams, minutes, opponents, etc and took the bait cause there's a very high probability that you lose."

"What better victory for such low risk could there be than to take you up on the challenge with the ultimate reward of stifling your act for the entire summer next year ... a worthy bet for sure."

Re: Big baby complains about role

posted at 10/2/2010 12:44 AM EDT
    www.boston.com/community/persona.html?UID=5969efe8ccb239af0914573e7f81edeb&plckUserId=5969efe8ccb239af0914573e7f81edeb">
    Last: 3/13/2011
    In Response to Re: Big baby complains about role:
    In Response to Re: Big baby complains about role : Acie never asked who brought up the Tolliver comparison, he asked why the comparison to Tolliver. Rondowski was right, you have no comprehension. 
    Posted by P34

Your a jerk!

Here's the first time Tolliver was mentioned on this thread;

Fierce: "You think Anthony Tolliver will be a better player than Glen Davis this year?"

The comparison to Tolliver was brought up by you in your usual straw man argument based on an old hypothetical regarding the Rudy discussion months ago ... 

Just like your argument on another thread where you try to bait the opponent with "Do you think Kwame is better than Gasol?" 

Only difference is you screwed up when you added "this year" to your straw man poll. I know Tolliver has a good chance of being statistically better than BBD on paper due to their roles for their respective teams, minutes, opponents, etc and took the bait cause there's a very high probability that you lose. 

What better victory for such low risk could there be than to take you up on the challenge with the ultimate reward of stifling your act for the entire summer next year ... a worthy bet for sure.

10. This post has been removed.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from P34. Show P34's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Time Running Out for JO : A worthy bet and if I were a LOSER like you I'd hope for BBD to get hurt to win that bet but you see, I am a real Celtics fan and as long as BBD is Celtic property and even when he's not like Perk, I wish him well and hope he has great success here or wherever he goes ... as long as we (The Celtics) beat his new team.

From one Celtic fan to another, can you now say that Glen Davis is a better player than Anthony Tolliver?

12. This post has been removed.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from P34. Show P34's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Time Running Out for JO : Dumbazz, He always was .. the point was and still is ... HE IS REPLACEABLE ... WAKE UP AND SMELL THE COFFEE ... Our interior defense sucks cause he can't rebound and certainly can't block shots ... all he's good for on D is using his bulk to keep bigs and undersize opponents off the block and to take charges. You can't pay a specialty player like that $5M/yr in the current NBA ... Wake UP!!!

You never said Glen Davis was the better player. When did you say that?

As far as I can recall you were implying that if the Celts replace BBD with Tolliver the Celts wouldn't miss a beat.

14. This post has been removed.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from P34. Show P34's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Time Running Out for JO : Please.... for the millionth time I said if BBD were to be traded (and you said there was nobody to replace him with) the best available guy for the minimum was Tolliver whose stats were pretty damn good for a call up from D-League. I bet he'd have decent numbers expecting him to play more but he was used sparingly as a backup. That doesn't mean he can't get the job done - in this case they got what they needed from him. The C's would have paid him peanuts to provide some rebounding and interior D and as proven his stats were pretty close when comparing per minute ... why can't you even admit that? If BBD had't gone on his early scoring tear you'd be in trouble with that bet cause his numbers have been sliding. Stop trying to make more out of Tolliver than it is ... I called you on to shut you up about BBD and I still think I did that ... 2 POINTS! HAHAHA!!! YOU WIN!!! That said I bet he's gone after the season ... take me up on that bet? Double or nothing?

I'm not going to disagree with you on that one, I also think BBD will be gone after the season. There will be a team out there crazy enough to give him 7m-9m per year and the Celts will just not give him that kind of money.

But I didn't win the bet by the smallest of margins. BBD has a higher efficiency rating, leads the NBA in charges taken, and has a higher FG% than Tolliver. 

And if you want to talk about shutting up, you know you're going to have to shut up on this board after April 13, 2011, right?

16. This post has been removed.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from BigBaby11. Show BigBaby11's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Time Running Out for JO : Not if my name were Fierce .... I won that bet on merit alone as BBD has't been an affective C and only decent PF when he was shooting well in that position. A moral win especially since Perk has helped you see the light and you now understand the falty value in overpaying for BBD. A win by subtraction ... 

Facts don't lie, ashhole! You doubted "The Great Big Baby" and now you look like a clown without the nose.

You must be a big time loser in real life. One minute you admit you lost the bet, then after awhile you declare you won the bet based on merit alone. People here are starting to see you for who you really are, a loser with no honor! Yell

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from teh-n00b. Show teh-n00b's posts

...right

now that they're over their childish mudslinging match, can we go back to the topic of the thread?

after an horrendous start to the season, JO actually averaged a respectable 10 points 8 rebounds 2.5 blocks per 36 minutes on 45% shooting across 17 games.

I have no doubt that IF HEALTHY he can be a strong contributor come playoff time. with perk gone he's our 2nd best interior defender (behind kg). we're going to need him to help defend the likes of boozer, bosh, gasol, nowitzki and duncan.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from LightSaber. Show LightSaber's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Time Running Out for JO : Not if my name were Fierce .... I won that bet on merit alone as BBD has't been an affective C and only decent PF when he was shooting well in that position. A moral win especially since Perk has helped you see the light and you now understand the falty value in overpaying for BBD. A win by subtraction ... 

Whoa! It's been so long I almost forgot what a jerk you are! It's really sad to know that you're not a man of your word. Maybe because you're having a bad night posting? lol

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from BostonTrollSpanker. Show BostonTrollSpanker's posts

I'd give a slight edge to P34 in this argument, though both deserve credit for entertaining us with this banter. P34 gets the edge because Tollliver is nobody playing for no one. It's not a knockout blow because I can't figure out what mployee said exactly about Tolliver. Baby is better but it seems mployee concedes that.  

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from P34. Show P34's posts

[QUOTE]I'd give a slight edge to P34 in this argument, though both deserve credit for entertaining us with this banter. P34 gets the edge because Tollliver is nobody playing for no one. It's not a knockout blow because I can't figure out what mployee said exactly about Tolliver. Baby is better but it seems mployee concedes that.  
    Posted by BostonTrollSpanker[/QUOTE]

"BBD is 4th string on the C's and not as good as you think!"

Re: Glen Davis vs. Anthony Tolliver

posted at 10/1/2010 2:41 AM EDT
    Last: 3/5/2011
    In Response to Re: Glen Davis vs. Anthony Tolliver:
    In Response to Re: Glen Davis vs. Anthony Tolliver : That's why I said Davis is the better player. I never said anything about Glen Davis getting more points and rebounds than Tolliver. I agree, if Tolliver were on the Celtics he would be a 3rd string PF. 
    Posted by P34

BBD is 4th string on the C's and not as good as you think!

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from P34. Show P34's posts

[QUOTE]I'd give a slight edge to P34 in this argument, though both deserve credit for entertaining us with this banter. P34 gets the edge because Tollliver is nobody playing for no one. It's not a knockout blow because I can't figure out what mployee said exactly about Tolliver. Baby is better but it seems mployee concedes that.  

"I know Tolliver has a good chance of being statistically better than BBD on paper due to their roles for their respective teams, minutes, opponents, etc and took the bait cause there's a very high probability that you lose."

"What better victory for such low risk could there be than to take you up on the challenge with the ultimate reward of stifling your act for the entire summer next year ... a worthy bet for sure."

Re: Big baby complains about role

posted at 10/2/2010 12:44 AM EDT
    Last: 3/13/2011
    In Response to Re: Big baby complains about role:
    In Response to Re: Big baby complains about role : Acie never asked who brought up the Tolliver comparison, he asked why the comparison to Tolliver. Rondowski was right, you have no comprehension. 
    Posted by P34

Your a jerk!

Here's the first time Tolliver was mentioned on this thread;

Fierce: "You think Anthony Tolliver will be a better player than Glen Davis this year?"

The comparison to Tolliver was brought up by you in your usual straw man argument based on an old hypothetical regarding the Rudy discussion months ago ... 

Just like your argument on another thread where you try to bait the opponent with "Do you think Kwame is better than Gasol?" 

Only difference is you screwed up when you added "this year" to your straw man poll. I know Tolliver has a good chance of being statistically better than BBD on paper due to their roles for their respective teams, minutes, opponents, etc and took the bait cause there's a very high probability that you lose. 

What better victory for such low risk could there be than to take you up on the challenge with the ultimate reward of stifling your act for the entire summer next year ... a worthy bet for sure.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from P34. Show P34's posts

Anthony Tolliver is not a 6th man of the year candidate. That's the knockout punch.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from susan250. Show susan250's posts

[QUOTE]...right now that they're over their childish mudslinging match, can we go back to the topic of the thread? after an horrendous start to the season, JO actually averaged a respectable 10 points 8 rebounds 2.5 blocks per 36 minutes on 45% shooting across 17 games. I have no doubt that IF HEALTHY he can be a strong contributor come playoff time. with perk gone he's our 2nd best interior defender (behind kg). we're going to need him to help defend the likes of boozer, bosh, gasol, nowitzki and duncan.
    Posted by teh-n00b[/QUOTE]

I agree with you about Jermaine.  He needs to play a few games before the playoffs to be much help.  If not he won't be in basketball shape for the playoffs.   I also believe he would be a great help to the Celtics in the playoffs if he is able to play a few games soon.  Considering that the season is almost over, he needs to return in the next week or so.   I have posted many times that I still would have preferred to have Rasheed on the team this year instead of Jermaine.  At least he played quite a few games and was a great help during the playoffs last year.   I realize that it was his decision to retire, but I just wish that he hadn't retired last year.   We really could have used him this year.  

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from Petey62. Show Petey62's posts

(Posted on another JON thread)

I truly believe JON is done.  Although I had a glimmer of hope that he could be a great pickup, its turned out to be a bust.  At some point, we need to simply face what's right in front of us.  JON is done!

If JON does returns this season, we would at least get that proof that he's done.  It won't take long for him to have to take games off thus revealing his true health.  The next time JON plays an NBA game and gives it his all, his knee will swell and tighten soon after that game to the point where he will need time off again.  This will happen for JON for the remainder of his basketball-playing career.

And JON's contribution is not THAT significant so he would not be of valuable to the C's in the future in that capacity.

I am of the mindset that we need to hurry up and get this over with.  I, for one, am looking forward to hearing Doc tell Mike Gorman during pre-game that "JON will be playing tonight".  The sooner he plays the sooner we can finally see the extent of the damage to his knee(s).

I hope I am 100% wrong but something tells me this guy will never be a contributing factor again, EVER!

Sections
Shortcuts