Time Running Out for JO

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from ConnectingRod. Show ConnectingRod's posts

Time Running Out for JO

It's almost mid-March. There's very little time left for JO to be in game shape for the playoffs. If JO can't go then Murphy will be the extra big come playoff time. And if Murphy can't shake the rust off by the time the playoffs start, Glen Davis will have to take his game to the next level.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from susan250. Show susan250's posts

Re: Time Running Out for JO

In Response to Time Running Out for JO:
    [QUOTE]It's almost mid-March. There's very little time left for JO to be in game shape for the playoffs. If JO can't go then Murphy will be the extra big come playoff time. And if Murphy can't shake the rust off by the time the playoffs start, Glen Davis will have to take his game to the next level.
    Posted by ConnectingRod[/QUOTE]

I agree with you.  JO hasn't played in a long-time and definitely needs to play a few games to be able to contribute during the playoffs.  Murply is also rusty and hopefully he will start playing better the more games he plays.  

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from P34. Show P34's posts

Both JO and Murphy are just extras. They will only be needed if one of the Celtic bigs gets hurt in the playoffs.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheDUDDER. Show TheDUDDER's posts

In Response to Time Running Out for JO:
    [QUOTE]It's almost mid-March. There's very little time left for JO to be in game shape for the playoffs. If JO can't go then Murphy will be the extra big come playoff time. And if Murphy can't shake the rust off by the time the playoffs start, Glen Davis will have to take his game to the next level.
    Posted by ConnectingRod[/QUOTE]

Yeah about 3 years ago - Danny panicked when Perk went down in the playoffs and overpaid for someone that has had nothing left for 3 years.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

We should be equally concerned about all five bench players who are not playing now.  Their growing absences only bring into question if and how this team will be ready in the playoffs.  It has gotten ridiculous.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from mem17. Show mem17's posts

As David Crosby sings, " you know the darkest hour is always just before the dawn." I expect the injured Celtics to return anytime.

7. This post has been removed.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from P34. Show P34's posts

In Response to Re: Time Running Out for JO:
    [QUOTE]"Doink!"
    Posted by Mployee8[/QUOTE]

Confirms my suspicion that kyceltic and Mployee8 are one and the same. 

Good thing Mployee8 only has a month left of posting on this board.

9. This post has been removed.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from P34. Show P34's posts

[QUOTE]as you have stopped posting since the Perkins trade? Maybe I'll post under a new name - Doink work for you?

The difference is we had a bet. I didn't bet with anyone over the Perk trade. 

So you still think Anthony Tolliver is a better player or at least on the same level with Glen "Big Baby" Davis?

11. This post has been removed.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from P34. Show P34's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Time Running Out for JO : Never said he was a better player ... you're such a "doink" you forget the whole basis of the bet - If the C's trade BBD who can they get to replace him? You asked and I countered that based on the players remaining available and given the C's inability to get anyoone for more than the minimum, that Tolliver would suffice and his stats per minute would be comparable to BBD's ... you got lucky so far since BBD started well, got more minutes due to injuries and has incentive with an expiring contract. But I wouldn't gloat as Tollivers numbers especially rebounds when compared to BBD's have proven my point - that he was tradeable but the C's got a better deal for Perk. One of them was going and Perk brought them more especially since they couldn't extend him favorably. In the end BBD may be gone as well in a S&T if they aren't able to extend him to favorable terms as well. Enough said!

Excuses, excuses, excuses...

I did not get lucky. I believed in Glen Davis. While you said Glen Davis is only 4th string on the Celtics.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from P34. Show P34's posts

"BBD is 4th string on the C's and not as good as you think!"

Re: Glen Davis vs. Anthony Tolliver

posted at 10/1/2010 2:41 AM EDT
    www.boston.com/community/persona.html?UID=5969efe8ccb239af0914573e7f81edeb&plckUserId=5969efe8ccb239af0914573e7f81edeb">
    First: 7/8/2008
    Last: 3/5/2011
    In Response to Re: Glen Davis vs. Anthony Tolliver:
    In Response to Re: Glen Davis vs. Anthony Tolliver : That's why I said Davis is the better player. I never said anything about Glen Davis getting more points and rebounds than Tolliver. I agree, if Tolliver were on the Celtics he would be a 3rd string PF. 
    Posted by P34

BBD is 4th string on the C's and not as good as you think!

14. This post has been removed.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from P34. Show P34's posts

[QUOTE]He are the facts as we agreed upon based on equivalent minutes - the current factor to be applied to Tolliver's stats to equate BBD'd minutes played vs Tolliver's minutes played is 1.547 which yields the following stats: Tolliver per 29.4 minutes PPG = 9.4 RPG = 6.5 APG = 1.7 Davis per 29.4 minutes PPG = 11.6 RPG = 5.3 APG = 1.2 At this point BBD is ahead by "2.2 PPG" but trailing by "1.2 RPG" (Your important mission for success this year) ... Not much of a win and actually a loser based on value when the C's could have saved money and gotten value for BBD had they traded him before the season is over (which may have allowed them to keep Perk had they gotten a backup for PP) - who knows. Sure you can make the excuse of his contribution to the team, his heart and all the charges he takes but the proof will be in the pudding ... whether or not he is resigned without being traded. We shall see ... But I wouldn't brag if I were you based on the above stats ... that's just foolish, like a clown - Doink!

That's because you're using the stats out of context. The truth is Tolliver is averaging 6.1 ppg, 4.2 rpg, and shooting 42% FG. Tolliver is not even the 7th man on the Wolves. Davis on the other hand is not only the Celts' 6th man but also a 6th man of year candidate.

The bottom line is Tolliver is not getting 29.4 minutes per game because he's not good enough. In the end you still lose the bet and will not be posting here from the end of the regular season until the 2011-12 starts. See ya, Mployee8/kyceltic!

16. This post has been removed.

17. This post has been removed.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from P34. Show P34's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Time Running Out for JO : Seems to me that was in response to your calling him our backup center and I replied he was 4th string behind Perk-Shaq-JO ... way to edit posts to make them work for you - a regular "Doink" deception ... grow up or go play hide the hot dog with your other clown friends.

Stop lying!

BBD is KG's backup and only became the backup Center when Shaq and JO got hurt. You're not even man enough to stand by your words. Who's the clown now?

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from P34. Show P34's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Time Running Out for JO : That's because despite your man-love for BBD you are nearly losing the bet as agreed to and you aren't man enough to own up to the facts!

How could I lose the bet when Davis is shooting at a higher % than Tolliver from the field, Davis is 6th man of the year candidate, leads the NBA in charges taken, not to mention Davis is averaging more points and actual rebounds. What aspect is Tolliver better than Glen Davis? Just because Tolliver is cheaper it makes him the better player?

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from P34. Show P34's posts

"Wouldn't want to bet against Tolliver in a high stakes bet ... given the advantage he has playing out west where competition is thin. Hahaha!"

posted at 9/30/2010 1:47 AM EDT
    www.boston.com/community/persona.html?UID=5969efe8ccb239af0914573e7f81edeb&plckUserId=5969efe8ccb239af0914573e7f81edeb">
    Last: 3/12/2011
    Last season Tolliver was better and he played more minutes ... good consistent performance. Haven't seen enough of him but given the balance of power resides in the east now I would think that statistically he should have better stats than BB who will be up against the best teams in the league. What do you think?

Wouldn't want to bet against Tolliver in a high stakes bet ... given the advantage he has playing out west where competition is thin. Hahaha!

21. This post has been removed.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from P34. Show P34's posts

"it's all about the stats ... Fierce thinks BBD will have better #'s at the end of the season and I don't see anyway that happens dispite the outcome of the two teams' season records."

posted at 10/1/2010 1:06 AM EDT
    Tolliver is clearly top notch material.  He was cut loose for 44 games in that tight rope disciplined nelly system and effortlessly threw down 12 and 7.  ANYONE who can get the rock away from Montae Ellise long enough to average double digits points should just be unanimous all-nba to begin with.  so right there he's already better than dumbo davis.  The "Warriorettes" won TWENTY SIX games last year and that makes Tolly's numbers all that much more impressive- he ONLY had to play offense in that system so he was REALLY nervous about missing his shots on his way to those 12 pts.  too many misses in nelly's system and you get your fanny stuck back on the pine! Tolliver, hands down, is clearly the superior player.  This will be etched in stone this year as Tolliver plays on another 25 win team and somehow pulls himself up by the bootstraps, despite all the pressures, and manages to score 10 a game. 
    Posted by aciemvp

it's all about the stats ... Fierce thinks BBD will have better #'s at the end of the season and I don't see anyway that happens dispite the outcome of the two teams' season records.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from P34. Show P34's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Time Running Out for JO : You were making the argument that he was our backup C with Perk out and Shaq only able to play limited minutes. You had JO the starter with BBD his backup as well as backing up KG ... you "Doink" your head? You see, you post one old statement but fail to put it in context with the entire argument from that thread at the time and think you can make a poster look bad ... it only makes you look bad, going back and searching for old statements taken out of context to boost your losing argument ... funny sheet, like a clown - "DOINK!"

Doink all you want but nobody on this board would ever believe that Glen Davis is 4th string on the Celtics.

Let me ask you this question, ever since preseason who is the Celtics' 1st big man off the bench? 

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from P34. Show P34's posts

"BBD is 4th string on the C's and not as good as you think!"

posted at 10/1/2010 2:41 AM EDT
    In Response to Re: Glen Davis vs. Anthony Tolliver : That's why I said Davis is the better player. I never said anything about Glen Davis getting more points and rebounds than Tolliver. I agree, if Tolliver were on the Celtics he would be a 3rd string PF. 
    Posted by P34

BBD is 4th string on the C's and not as good as you think!

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from P34. Show P34's posts

Mployee8/kyceltic, you've been exposed. You're not even man enough to stand by your words. Stop spinning and STOP MAKING EXCUSES!!! 

HAHAHA!!!

Sections
Shortcuts