TIME TO GET WITH REALITY: RONDO IS ONLY GREAT WITH BOTH OR EITHER O'NEALS PLAYING BIG MINUTES!

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN. Show COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN's posts

TIME TO GET WITH REALITY: RONDO IS ONLY GREAT WITH BOTH OR EITHER O'NEALS PLAYING BIG MINUTES!

after watching him tonite get blitzed AGAIN by rose i am ready to accept the facts. this is what a rose smells like and rondo is the thorn on the rose! he is not going to find his head, heart and shot in the playoffs. how chicago played him is exactly how others will do it. he always had nice moves but even at his peak last year he always struggled with finishing. apart from the first miami game, has anyone seen him dunk? rr is a total liability on offense esp once something goes bad. doesnt have the resolve to come right back at ya. was embarassing the way he missed that layup on the breakaway and clanged both free throws on a key bail-out foul. it is what it is, he is what he is. we should approach rr from now as we do krstic.

he's a nice complementary BACKUP pure pg who happpens to start. gee, i wonder why we do so bad in the fourth quarter.. time to put west in there at those key clutch junctures of ballgames starting on friday. so what if rr doesnt like it. he kills momentum and beings NOTHING on defense. same with bb but at least no one deluded himself by viewing him as a savior. at this point i want arroyo too on the playoff roster so we can go 3-deep at PG as we will at center...  must limit bb and rr's minutes. no reason for eith er to ever play more than 25 minutes in big playoff games!

and yep, i already initiated it, if some idiot GM wants overrate him and blow me away with an offer in the off-season, if i am danny i am personally chauffeuring him to his new home!

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Eldunker. Show Eldunker's posts

Re: TIME TO GET WITH REALITY: THIS IS MORE OF WHOM RONDO ACTUALLY IS!

In Response to TIME TO GET WITH REALITY: THIS IS MORE OF WHOM RONDO ACTUALLY IS!:
    after watching him tonite get blitzed AGAIN by rose i am ready to accept the facts. this is what a rose smells like and rondo is the thorn on the rose! he is not going to find his head, heart and shot in the playoffs. how chicago played him is exactly how others will do it. he always had nice moves but even at his peak last year he always struggled with finishing. apart from the first miami game, has anyone seen him dunk? rr is a total liability on offense esp once something goes bad. doesnt have the resolve to come right back at ya. was embarassing the way he missed that layup on the breakaway and clanged both free throws on a key bail-out foul. it is what it is, he is what he is. we should approach rr from now as we do krstic. he's a nice complementary BACKUP pure pg who happpens to start. gee, i wonder why we do so bad in the fourth quarter.. time to put west in there at those key clutch junctures of ballgames starting on friday. so what if rr doesnt like it. he kills momentum and beings NOTHING on defense. same with bb but at least no one deluded himself by viewing him as a savior. at this point i want arroyo too on the playoff roster so we can go 3-deep at PG as we will at center...  must limit bb and rr's minutes. no reason for eith er to ever play more than 25 minutes in big playoff games! and yep, i already initiated it, if some idiot GM wants overrate him and blow me away with an offer in the off-season, if i am danny i am personally chauffeuring him to his new home!
    Posted by COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN

Ya.  many of us have been saying this for months or years. 
    The PG controls the tempo of the game and the rythem of the other players, he can provide energy and momentum or drain it.  When Rondo plays poorly (alot lately) the team is negatively affected on both ends of the court. 

When that same player turns the ball over, can't hit the side of a barn with the ball, and his man beats him to the hoop compromising coverage of the bigs, then that player is simply a liability to the team. 

I agree. Rondo should ideally be a backup. When he is on with appropriate energy, play him. When not, get him out of the game asap and keep him out.! 

3. This post has been removed.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN. Show COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN's posts

Re: TIME TO GET WITH REALITY: THIS IS MORE OF WHOM RONDO ACTUALLY IS!

rondo is actually an all-star pg ONLY when he has a shaq to pass to or a JO playing 25-30 minutes. when he has to play with more average guys like baby and krstic, he becomes consistently MEDIOCRE to below average for he brings absolutely nothing in terms of tangible talent that the other team has to respect or fear. driving and laying the ball off to the 6'7" lift-challenged, short-armed baby puts fear in no one but also diminishes rondo's assist totals. all you can hope for is that he will get fouled. rondo can not consistently find confidence to find his own shot whether by attacking the hoop and finishing or by shooting jumpers or even by actively getting fouled (for he is worse than atrocious at the line).

from now on, if shaq is not playing and we will only play jo 12-14 minutes, doc should commit to only playing rondo 21 minutes or so. if both shaq and jo are around to bail him out then i would play him 30 or so minutes (assuming together the oneals will play about 30). hopefully if both are back together rondo will return to form in the playoffs as both oneals should average about 40 minutes combined per game. regardless of he does, no way i can ever call such a pg GREAT or put him in the top 5. those guys such as chris paul, williams, westbrook or rose could put up numbers with guys fresh off the college boats or with D-league stiffs!

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from JayShizzle45. Show JayShizzle45's posts

Re: TIME TO GET WITH REALITY: RONDO IS ONLY GREAT WITH BOTH OR EITHER O'NEALS PLAYING BIG MINUTES!

Wow!  talk about a flip, flopper, C.C. I have refrained from calling you out, cuz I enjoy most of your posts, but you have flipped flopped more on this board than a fish out of water.  Which is it?!?!

Delonte West couldnt do anything with Rose either, and judging by his unanimous MVP and 25 ppg, I would think not many others do either.  Just come out and say how you really feel so we can put in a category.  You flip flopping is annoying.  You are either all in, or just be an adopted troll for christ sake...

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

Re: TIME TO GET WITH REALITY: RONDO IS ONLY GREAT WITH BOTH OR EITHER O'NEALS PLAYING BIG MINUTES!

CC I trust you are a loyal Celtic.  Notice the village idiot Laker troll Rico Celtic endorsed your comments.  Rondo a back up point guard are you really serious. C'mon.  

You mentioned BBD was the problem last night.  He was awful but didn't you notice Pierce was horrendous.  His man Deng torched him and he provided errant pass after pass.   There was plenty of blame to go around.  Calling people out doesn't solve anything. Doc has to give Green more minutes and Delonte as well but not at the expense of Rondo. We go nowhere without Rondo.  We are out in round one very possibly if Rondo sits on the bench.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Eldunker. Show Eldunker's posts

In Response to Re: TIME TO GET WITH REALITY: RONDO IS ONLY GREAT WITH BOTH OR EITHER O'NEALS PLAYING BIG MINUTES!:
    Wow!  talk about a flip, flopper, C.C. I have refrained from calling you out, cuz I enjoy most of your posts, but you have flipped flopped more on this board than a fish out of water.  Which is it?!?! Delonte West couldnt do anything with Rose either, and judging by his unanimous MVP and 25 ppg, I would think not many others do either.  Just come out and say how you really feel so we can put in a category.  You flip flopping is annoying.  You are either all in, or just be an adopted troll for christ sake...
    Posted by JayShizzle45

And just who annointed YOU as the final arbitrator of anybody's opinion.  You are the annoying one...with your arrogance and superiority complex. This board isn't about "calling out" or "catagorizing" anyone's opinion as "in or out".  Everyone has the right to change their opinion based on factual results which change over time.  Make your point about the subject not the posters. Nobody cares what you think about anybody.  Is there any point, perhaps if Rondo goes 0-10 with 0 assists for 30 straight games that you will admit that Rondo is less than perfect?  We are realists. You are a blind, delusional follower in denial...with a HUGE ego. give it a rest. 

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from JayShizzle45. Show JayShizzle45's posts

Wow Eldunker, if you felt that way about me, why wait until I call out someone else to jump in??  Where I come from, your WORD means everything.  Now when you post everyday with bold CAPS like your opinion is the ONLY one, then change it in a few days, YES, I can call him out, and he can defend himself, who are you the police?  The fact that you chose to focus on Rondo when I never mentioned him in my post  tells me what group you are in.  Just like you dont care what I think about everybody, I dont care what you think about me.  Also, for the record, you dont know that everyone does not want to hear my opinion. You can only speak for yourself right, and concord seems to agree with me...so thats one up on you...na-na-na -na-na..lol

Also, I was talking about the subject. As for me having a big ego. I'll take that as a compliment and a sign of you knowing you are not smart enough to go at me.

Blind, delusional, superiority comlex?!?!?  I think you should go look up those words in the dictionary.  Its nice to just throw out insults with no reasoning, but this isnt the bleachers of Fenway, this is a forum to discuss intellectually, and when you cant make up your mind weather you are a fan or not, and even look like you change the title , you are a flopper and I will call it like I see it.  Ok, eldunker, hope ur day gets better,  tootles!

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from jdm894g. Show jdm894g's posts

I get tired of all the criticism of Rondo.  yes D. Rose blew pass him, but he does that to every opposing gaurd.  monte Ellis was shredding the Fakers defense the other night and Monte does that to all opposing guards as well.  The rotations need to be tighter when playing teams with quick point guards and shooting guards because Ray Allen can't keep anyone in front of him either.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from jtkl. Show jtkl's posts

In Response to Re: TIME TO GET WITH REALITY: RONDO IS ONLY GREAT WITH BOTH OR EITHER O'NEALS PLAYING BIG MINUTES!:
    I get tired of all the criticism of Rondo.  yes D. Rose blew pass him, but he does that to every opposing gaurd.  monte Ellis was shredding the Fakers defense the other night and Monte does that to all opposing guards as well.  The rotations need to be tighter when playing teams with quick point guards and shooting guards because Ray Allen can't keep anyone in front of him either.
    Posted by jdm894g

Agreed and most of it is nonsense. Comparing Rose to Rondo is just nuts, they are different players asked to do different things for their teams with different skill sets. Rondo was weaknesses in his game, his shooting is below average (although his midrange jumper is actually better than baby's. I have the stats to prove it) and he shoots poorly from the free throw line. Part of that is enormous hands which make him the best ball handler in the league but hurt his shot. he is also a terrific rebounding point guard who, (last night aside) is one of the best defensive point guards in the game.

And yet after every loss someone will start a non thinking thread,  in which people will say, "play Nate Robinson!" or "play Delonte West!" Hello!  Seriously Hello!! Neither of those players have Rondo's speed, vision, or ball handling ability. They can't rebound or play defense like he does. Only 4 or 5 guys in the league can play at Rondo's level at point guard. 

And these people want to trade him? For what? Unless, Chicago is willing to trade Rose for Rondo, or a few other point guards in the league you are not going to get anything better. And it'll be alot worse if you put Nate Ronbinson (as people wanted early in the year) or Delonte West in their to start against a guy like Rose. Not to mention what do you think Rose will do to Mike Bibby? or other guards we could have had?  Rose is so fast off a pick that Rondo couldn't stay with him. You think another point guard is going to be fast enough to do it? Rondo is the only point guard in the league with the speed to have a chance to keep up. 

These fans will never get to see how truly awful an idea it would be to start Delonte West or get a player like Bibby, or bring in  any other guard but the top four or five in the league to replace Rondo, because Doc Rivers isn't stupid enough to do that, and show them how bad the idea is. 

The last 4 or 5 times we have played lebron James he has outplayed Paul Pierce. badly in some cases, Paul Pierce sucks, trade Paul Pierce. oh wait. unless we get Lebron for him we are not upgrading the position. It's the same with rondo. 

Why don't we stick with our guys instead? 

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Eldunker. Show Eldunker's posts

Jay - I am calling you out as perhaps the biggest myopic hypocrit on this board.  And anyone who sees things as black and white as you (you are a fan only if you believe as I do) cannot be reasoned with intellectually.  Your sophmoreic reasoning is analagous to a 6th grader and your self importance is obnoxious.  Talk to the subject matter next time and not question the poster's opinion...but I fear you're alot like AI...delusional egos with limited intelligence will never change.   

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from JayShizzle45. Show JayShizzle45's posts

ummm, the guy hasnt even responded himself.  I dont tell people how to be fans.  You can be objective...all im saying is stick to your story...he is trying to play both sides so he can come up shining no matter what, and thats wrong..Everything else you said to try to demeanor me went right over my head, why would you try to confuse me when you know i dont reason intellectually?  I have discussions with you about Rondo, so I know who the real hyprocite is.  You have all these big words you want to call me but none of them desribe me, and once again how did I not stay on the subject?  Im gonna go out on a limb and guess that you are taking C.C.'s side and defending him cuz you wrote a long post agreeing with him.  Hmmmm.  this is too easy.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from JayShizzle45. Show JayShizzle45's posts

Oh yeah, you are on ignore now too.  How arrogant of me..lol

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Eldunker. Show Eldunker's posts

OK. I'll try not to use big words so you can understand.  I don't take sides.  I do however object to those who think that other opinions are wrong.  Nobody is more right or wrong than anyone else and everybody is entitled to their opinion without being labled a "fan" or "not a fan" with your subjective holier than thou attitude.  I will call you on it everytime...      

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from genaro008. Show genaro008's posts

OK. I'll try not to use big words so you can understand.  I don't take sides.  I do however object to those who think that other opinions are wrong.  Nobody is more right or wrong than anyone else and everybody is entitled to their opinion without being labled a "fan" or "not a fan" with your subjective holier than thou attitude.  I will call you on it everytime...      
    Posted by Eldunker

you may be the board version of Voltaire

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN. Show COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN's posts

Wow!  talk about a flip, flopper, C.C. I have refrained from calling you out, cuz I enjoy most of your posts, but you have flipped flopped more on this board than a fish out of water.  Which is it?!?! Delonte West couldnt do anything with Rose either, and judging by his unanimous MVP and 25 ppg, I would think not many others do either.  Just come out and say how you really feel so we can put in a category.  You flip flopping is annoying.  You are either all in, or just be an adopted troll for christ sake...
    Posted by JayShizzle45
    i am NUANCED, not a flip-flopper! yes, on rondo i have refined my view due to NEW evidence.unlike hardline politicians on both sides, like a good scientist, when new evidence becomes available i have no beef reforming my conclusions! overall, i am clearly exaggerating about him being a backup but in general he is almost NEVER elite when one of the o'neals isnt in there. rondo needs more help than any of the elite point guards in the league. you put ANY OF THE TOP point guards in boston even chauncey billups or nash and we  win last night and have a better record right ow. rondo only becomes GREAT and elite with lots of help. that is no longer my opinion but FACT! sorry if its inconvenient for you and others, but it is what it is!

as for his "defense", i have not been impressed! pp has always had issues long armed strong guys like deng who play almost exactly like pierce himself! it is what it is. 85% of the time, pp can get the job done but he is one of the 15%, perhaps greeen could help. rr is just the opposite. 85% of the time his defense is AVERAGE then he shows up 15% of the time. still, i have seen him torched versus williams, chris paul, jameer nelson, collison from indiana, mo williams, and rose as of late.. ( i can see wall going off tonite as well). this had not been the case, where rondo would always dominate in those elite matchups. i am just speaking truth! because i am a fan doesnt mean i have to be stevie wonder about reality. i think on most nights right now, delonte looks far better than rondo. if picking strictly on merit, rr should be his backup. pierce has outplayed green and is still the man most of the time. when that changes i will condemn him too.

as for flip-flopping on rr, just a week or so ago, i made it clear that ainge should consider trading him this off-season for nash if he could even if we somehow win a ring this year. i just believe rondo has PEAKED! his attitude has unfortunately capped his success. his upside will never be more than what it is right now. i did not want to believe that but i believe that is true! he is still amongst the top point guards overall in the same way tiger woods is still elite but no one feels he is anywhere near the guy he used to be either. there are afew guys i would pick over tiger going forward in the same way there are a few guys i would pick over rondo. heck, i believe avery could be a better point guard in 2 to 3 years than rondo is right now or could be in 3 years! yes, i have soured overall on rondo. he has issues that simply can not be solved.

what made him great was that he was "special". as others have adjusted to neutralizing his specialness, his game has not adjusted to the adjustments! i do not believe he can. too much of a lag and a gap esp since a lot of it is mental. Per example, shaq shoots worse than rr from the line yet he is as aggressive as ever with his moves where as rr shies away from getting on the line. i do not see how that gets fixed.... EVER!

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Eldunker. Show Eldunker's posts

In Response to Re: TIME TO GET WITH REALITY: RONDO IS ONLY GREAT WITH BOTH OR EITHER O'NEALS PLAYING BIG MINUTES! : you may be the board version of Voltaire
    Posted by genaro008

Thanks I'll take that as a compliment, except I would suspect that Voltaire would be a Tony Parker / Spurs supporter and not a Celtic fan. 

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

CC,
    Caution after the playoffs you may have to change your opinion of Rondo again.

I am predicting he will be the difference against Chicago.  Let's hope we get there.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from genaro008. Show genaro008's posts

He would be a Kevin Mchale fan for the way he used the guillotine against Kurt Rambis.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Eldunker. Show Eldunker's posts

touche!

21. This post has been removed.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from Eldunker. Show Eldunker's posts

< JayShizzle: "Oh yeah, you are on ignore now too.  How arrogant of me..lol >

On the contrary. I think it was your wisest choice and only way out...because you were being exposed for what you are... myopic and divisive with little to contribute other than your intolereance of contrary opinions and self annointed judge of a "true fan" ...and clearly getting your lunch handed to you.

When the going gets tough...run or hit the ignore button!  lol 

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from ricdenic. Show ricdenic's posts

I'm not a big rondo fan but he's got superior speed and quickness
    but has not shown it for a long time.

I think he's playing hurt and can't cut as comfortably as he
    was able before his ankle injury. His confidence is taking a
    hit as a result and his overall game is just not there. then
    you throw in the loss of perk who he could count on to bail
    him out and there you go. The team is just not as good without
    perk and a healthy Rondo.

I'm most dissapointed by his seemingly lack of "fight" , of mental
    toughness. It's almost  as if he has lost belief in the team and
    himself.

total bummer.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN. Show COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN's posts

CC, Caution after the playoffs you may have to change your opinion of Rondo again. I am predicting he will be the difference against Chicago.  Let's hope we get there.
    Posted by concord27
    i would be glad to eat my words if the facts say so. like so far tonite. obviously his talk with doc have helped. he is playing above average. moving his feet with wall and keeps attacking the hoop. passing a bit too much BUT he is looking to attack. at least he's passing to nen rather than height-dysfunctional baby. that goes to improved judgment. lets see what happens when he again faces a quality vet pg on the road or when his shot is swatted tonite. lets see how he deals with some resistance or adversity.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from olivern. Show olivern's posts

He's playing better than average tonight...he did pass up 3 or so wide open layups.

...they would have been straightforward if he could use his left hand for layups on the left hand side of the basket. Maybe he can, but I just realized in the past couple of weeks that he never seems to do a lefty layup. A righty layup on the left hand side makes for a more awkward shot, at least for me! Does he not have that in his arsenal?

Sections
Shortcuts