TIME TO GET WITH REALITY: RONDO IS ONLY GREAT WITH BOTH OR EITHER O'NEALS PLAYING BIG MINUTES!

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from BostonTrollSpanker. Show BostonTrollSpanker's posts

Re: TIME TO GET WITH REALITY: RONDO IS ONLY GREAT WITH BOTH OR EITHER O'NEALS PLAYING BIG MINUTES!

One of your most clueless posts. You always take one game and turn it into a final verdict. Rose has now emerged and he is better than Rondo. Unless, however, you can trade Rondo for Rose trading Rondo doesn't help. If every team needed a point guard who could match up with Rose every team would have to trade their point guard in the offseason. 

Rondo however has had some good games lately and the Celts have won. Having JO in the middle had very little to do with it. 

You keep trying in your head to add the two O'Neals into one good player. It doesn't work like that. JO is fine as a backup from the bench. No reason to believe Shaq will ever be truly ready. But if Shaq plays well he makes EVERYONE better by virtue of the double team - not just Rondo. 

If you researched the game you'd realize that the Bulls credited Rose's trips through the line through the absence of Perk. The fact of the matter is that the Perk trade looks more and more like it killed our chances this year, something which you keep finding new days to repress in your own mind. (speaking strictly of our chances this year). I wish I was wrong but in the Chicago locker room it is all about how the lack of Perk has opened up the lanes for Rose. 

Man I hope you're right about Shaq coming back strong.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN. Show COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN's posts

Re: TIME TO GET WITH REALITY: RONDO IS ONLY GREAT WITH BOTH OR EITHER O'NEALS PLAYING BIG MINUTES!

rond had a good game today. the issue is CONSISTENCY! lets see how he does in miamu and the next 3 games... again i am not optimistic anymore on him. too much evidence that says i should not be

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from jdm894g. Show jdm894g's posts

Most of the guards that are shot first assist last types are going to be sitting on their couches watching the playoffs.  Up until this year what has Rose done?  What have D Will done?  Have Monte Ellis even sniffed the playoffs? Where will J Wall be in a couple of weeks? What have Devon Harris ever done?  Everyone keeps bring up all these guards who are good and can break you down and get to the basket, but you have to ask yourself, where are those teams at come playoff time.  There reason why they have to shoot so much is because they are the best players on their teams.  Would Ellis have to take 20-25 shoots a game on the Celtics?  NO.  Rondo guarding Rose or Rose guarding Rondo is a wash.  Most guards can blow by their man anyways.  When was the last time someone shut down Ellis, Harris, DWill, or Rose?  It's silly to think that if no one else can stop them what makes you think Rondo can stay with them as well and vise versa.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from JamezHill24. Show JamezHill24's posts

In Response to Re: TIME TO GET WITH REALITY: RONDO IS ONLY GREAT WITH BOTH OR EITHER O'NEALS PLAYING BIG MINUTES!:
    rond had a good game today. the issue is CONSISTENCY! lets see how he does in miamu and the next 3 games... again i am not optimistic anymore on him. too much evidence that says i should not be
    Posted by COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN

Rondo's last 7 games:
    22 8 and 4
    22 14 and 5
    13 5 and 10
    4 14 and 3
    16 13 and 4
    7 6 and 5
    20 14 and 3

two "bad" games yes..but since hes got out of the slump hes been pretty darn consistent..i think ppl are starting to nitpick.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from OneOnOne. Show OneOnOne's posts

In Response to Re: TIME TO GET WITH REALITY: RONDO IS ONLY GREAT WITH BOTH OR EITHER O'NEALS PLAYING BIG MINUTES!:
    Quite frankly I don't understand Rondo at all. We keep having these sub 20 point fourth quarters because Rondo stops driving to the basket, or because we run the offense through Pierce, and everyone else stands around and watches. Is this because Rondo is afraid to drive because he is afraid to shoot free throws? If so, he should do it anyway. Rivers is the coach, why doesn't he do something about this?
    Posted by Kirk6

Well actually its more of Rondo dribbling out the clock until there is ten seconds left, while directing traffic.  At least with Pierce they have a chance of scoring off the dribble or him finding someone.  Call Doc and give him some instructions.  If I was Doc I would probably get the ball out of RR hands too if he is going to walk the ball up the floor and dribble 15 seconds of the clock before  he makes a throw to someone else.  Running your offense thru your best scorer is not the problem.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from OneOnOne. Show OneOnOne's posts

In Response to Re: TIME TO GET WITH REALITY: RONDO IS ONLY GREAT WITH BOTH OR EITHER O'NEALS PLAYING BIG MINUTES! : Rondo's last 7 games: 22 8 and 4 22 14 and 5 13 5 and 10 4 14 and 3 16 13 and 4 7 6 and 5 20 14 and 3 two "bad" games yes..but since hes got out of the slump hes been pretty darn consistent..i think ppl are starting to nitpick.
    Posted by JamezHill24

just curious, how many turnovers?

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from gman101019. Show gman101019's posts

We didnt have either of the O'neals till this year.  Some would argue that he was great when neither of them were on the team, cuz this is arguably his worst year since he was a rookie.  Other than assists all his other stats are down, ppg,fg%,ft% rpg%  turnovers are up.  This has probably been his worst and most inconsitent year of his career. Which happens to  coincide with both oneals joining the team.  Thats the REALITY.

Sections
Shortcuts