Time To Give E'Twan Moore His Chance To Contribute

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from PHX85014. Show PHX85014's posts

Time To Give E'Twan Moore His Chance To Contribute

Ray is hurt and innefective, Avery is done for the season.

Pietrius has not been effective, WHERE IS E'TWAN MOORE ?

Don't tell me that 5 months from now he will suddenly have the "experience" to play a major role for the Celtics. He can play that role RIGHT NOW !

Remember when Doc forgot about Eddie House after the Cassell trade ? Then , almost when it was too late, he remembered Eddie House and put him in...that was a key move in winning the Championship

And what about JuJuan Johnson ?

Brandon Bass is what he is, anytime he plays more than 25 minutes he reveals his limitations, he is not a great outside shooter and that's all he does

Put JuJuan Johnson in and run constant ally-oops ! Have Rondo throw the ball towards the rim and have Jujuan go up and cause all kinds of chaos. If nothing else, it would get the Philly big men in foul trouble and get the Celts to the line.......I think JuJuan getting some of Brandon Bass's minutes is a long overdue move.

When they go into those 6 minute stretches without a basket , I'm always screaming at the TV to put JuJuan in and run the ally-ooop

E'Twan Moore should start in place of the injured Ray Alllen and match the early energry of Evan Turner

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from BiasLewis. Show BiasLewis's posts

Re: Time To Give E'Twan Moore His Chance To Contribute

Sorry but this is NOT the time to go to Moore. That's not fair to him or the right move for a 7th game.

Go to Pav/Pietrus/Quis

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from PHX85014. Show PHX85014's posts

I respectfully disagree.

Pietrius, Dooling, and Pav have not made an impact.

Moore has the energy to stay with Evan Turner early in the game. Let him absorb 2 fouls in the first 5 minutes, then bring in Ray when the game opens up.

Moore has shown good ball handling skills as well, and I don't understand why Dooling gets ANY minutes over Moore.

Moore can score the ball and they other guys just haven't.

I've loved watching Year 5 Of The 3 Year Window , but I am afraid Philly is going to blow out the Celtics tomorrow. The Celtics need scoring, early and often.

E. Moore and JuJuan Johnson could have been used this series to match Philly's youthful energy and athleticism. With Bradley out and Ray Allen limping, I understand they would not deactivate Dooling for Game 7 , but how about Sasha ?

The Celtics are getting killed on the boards and I can't believe no one is talking about JuJuan Johnson rotting on the bench. So the Celtics find 2 guys off the street with 2 weeks left in the season (Hollins and S. Williams) and they are both better than the 6'10" #1 Draft Pick ?

I think both rookies need to be given a chance in game 7 , I don't think

Are they going to be a part of Celtics future or not ? Friday night's game is the future and the two rookies should be out there contibuting at least 15 minutes each

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from BiasLewis. Show BiasLewis's posts

I wouldn't get to nervous. A 7th game for a young team is tough to overcome. The Cs have toyed with the Sixers all series and if the C's come to play I don't think the Sixers can make tough shots in a 7th game. Sure they were at home last night. A young teams feels good at home. I don't expect KG & PP & even Rondo to allow the Sixers to finish their run on their floor.

When the Sixers are hitting shots they're tough, but they go on LONG spells where they don't score too.

We'll see but I expect a Celtics 10 point victory.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from cabutan. Show cabutan's posts

I would trust Moore over Dooling any given day...even if it was for this game 7

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from BiasLewis. Show BiasLewis's posts

Sure if you just want to burn some fouls. In a 7th game I'll take experience first and then go down the line.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from jtkl. Show jtkl's posts

I wouldn't mind giving a Moore a chance but it won't happen. Doc love Dooling and MP. 

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from JamezHill24. Show JamezHill24's posts

i dont understand this. 

1. what has Moore done on the basketball court to give you confidence to throw him in to a GAME 7 in the playoffs??

2. What makes you think its smart to throw an unproven, untested, rusty ROOKIE in the fire suddenly and expect him to have tons of success?

it would be a shocking development, but come on. lets get real.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from charliedarling. Show charliedarling's posts

If Moore was going to get a chance to make a contribution in any game seven this year, he would have already been in the rotation (unless there is another injury during the game tomorrow night).

Doc rivers has almost never given his young guys much playing time because the Celtics (at least in the last 4-5 years) have been designed and built to win right now, and he is most certainly not going to start in game seven of a play off series.

Moore and Johnson will be much better next year with off season coaching, summer league, more time to devep their bodies, a longer pre season camp and will get a much better opportunity to help next year's team.

And, not all draft picks end up helping their team in the end.  Getting on a team and making a contribution elludes many young guys for various reasons.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from CelticFanLA. Show CelticFanLA's posts

In Response to Re: Time To Give E'Twan Moore His Chance To Contribute:
    I wouldn't mind giving a Moore a chance but it won't happen. Doc love Dooling and MP. 
    Posted by jtkl

I hate to say it, but you are probably right. Doc most likely will not play Moore, but he should. Moore can shoot, he can play defense, and can also run the point. It should not matter he is a rookie.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from BostonTrollSpanker. Show BostonTrollSpanker's posts

You  don't play a noobie for more than five minutes in a game 7. If you think so, then you don't understand game 7 playoff pressure. Maybe if we advance you give him more time in the next round. 

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from CelticFanLA. Show CelticFanLA's posts

Pressure is the same in whatever situation you are in, its how you deal with it. I believe Moore is mature enough to deal with that, after all he spent 4 years at Purdue and played in some big games there.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

You are all right.  Pav-Pietrus and Moore should all get chances during the game at different junctures. By the way Ray should and will get a chance to make a contribution.  This is it.

Let's hope Rondo decides to play like the star he is some of the time.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from JamezHill24. Show JamezHill24's posts

Pressure is the same in whatever situation you are in, its how you deal with it. I believe Moore is mature enough to deal with that, after all he spent 4 years at Purdue and played in some big games there.
    Posted by CelticFanLA

WHAT?? u never played sports did you..

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from CelticFanLA. Show CelticFanLA's posts

In Response to Re: Time To Give E'Twan Moore His Chance To Contribute : WHAT?? u never played sports did you..
    Posted by JamezHill24

Ofcourse I have. Also coached and interned under sports agents, why does it matter if I did or not?

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from JamezHill24. Show JamezHill24's posts

In Response to Re: Time To Give E'Twan Moore His Chance To Contribute : Ofcourse I have, why does it matter if I did or not?
    Posted by CelticFanLA

bc if you played at a level higher than high school (not an insult, just sayin) youd know that pressure is not the same all the time. at all..like thats silly..lol

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from CelticFanLA. Show CelticFanLA's posts

In Response to Re: Time To Give E'Twan Moore His Chance To Contribute : bc if you played at a level higher than high school (not an insult, just sayin) youd know that pressure is not the same all the time. at all..like thats silly..lol
    Posted by JamezHill24

Ofcourse pressure is not that same, but when someone is exposed to pressure before, that makes it easier to deal with new pressures that may arise.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from JamezHill24. Show JamezHill24's posts

In Response to Re: Time To Give E'Twan Moore His Chance To Contribute : Ofcourse pressure is not that same, but when someone is exposed to pressure before, that makes it easier to deal with new pressures that may arise.
    Posted by CelticFanLA

of course, but pressure rises the bigger the stage gets..everyone knows that. just bc he was good at purdue (which is a smaller spotlight school in d1) doesnt mean he is ready for a NBA Eastern Conference SemiFinal Game 7 in Boston Mass. i mean theres just a big difference there. 

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from CelticFanLA. Show CelticFanLA's posts

In Response to Re: Time To Give E'Twan Moore His Chance To Contribute : of course, but pressure rises the bigger the stage gets..everyone knows that. just bc he was good at purdue (which is a smaller spotlight school in d1) doesnt mean he is ready for a NBA Eastern Conference SemiFinal Game 7 in Boston Mass. i mean theres just a big difference there. 
    Posted by JamezHill24

That is purely your opinion. There are posters here who go either way. You dont have to go to a big school to gain experience, there are plenty of great players who went to smaller schools, and plenty of them who came out of high school.

Either way, you or I are not Doc Rivers nor do we give any advice to him. He will make what ever decision he chooses best, all we can do is give our opinions.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from JamezHill24. Show JamezHill24's posts

In Response to Re: Time To Give E'Twan Moore His Chance To Contribute : That is purely your opinion. There are posters here who go either way. You dont have to go to a big school to gain experience, there are plenty of great players who went to smaller schools, and plenty of them who came out of high school. Either way, you or I are not Doc Rivers nor do we give any advice to him. He will make what ever decision he chooses best, all we can do is give our opinions.
    Posted by CelticFanLA

i guess you can call it an opinion, but the pressures of a close game at Purdue are NOT the same as a Game 7 in the NBA. period. no question about it. its laughable really haha. but ur entitled to your opinion of course!

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from breaktime. Show breaktime's posts

Bradley's injuries, not Ray's, may be huring  the Celtics more.
    While Moore does lack any NBA playoff experience and has seen little action during the year, there were a few occasions when he connected on the court.
    Right now, he has a lot of what the Celtics on  the court are lacking.
    Youth, speed, a good shot, and health.
    Put me down on the record as in favor of this.
    I'd like to see Doc roll the dice with him in one way or another (starting or off the bench).
    Like to see Sasha get some actions too.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from CelticFanLA. Show CelticFanLA's posts

In Response to Re: Time To Give E'Twan Moore His Chance To Contribute : i guess you can call it an opinion, but the pressures of a close game at Purdue are NOT the same as a Game 7 in the NBA. period. no question about it. its laughable really haha. but ur entitled to your opinion of course!
    Posted by JamezHill24

Like I said it all depends, and we got to also take into account the person as well. Some people are just more mature and able to handle pressure. In the case of Moore, he has shown that he can handle pressure, game 7 pressue who knows? but he is very capable if Doc calls his number during the game!

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from elvis-surfs. Show elvis-surfs's posts

In Response to Re: Time To Give E'Twan Moore His Chance To Contribute : i guess you can call it an opinion, but the pressures of a close game at Purdue are NOT the same as a Game 7 in the NBA. period. no question about it. its laughable really haha. but ur entitled to your opinion of course!
    Posted by JamezHill24

jameZ...I agree with CeltfanfromLA...do you seriously think that any rookie with energy could do worse than the kooks who took the floor yesterday?  heck, I could put a team together of guys at Venice beach that would have played better...yeah, just sayin'...and I am serious...it is about heart, which we are seriously lacking very much of the time...that is our achilles heal...yep, Rondo brings it or he doesnt, and thats how we roll...pathetic that Pierce and Garnet have to deal with this juvenile's attitude...truly tragic...I hope he is on tomorrow, and I love him when he is, otherwise any energy from the bench would be huge!

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from NYCelt. Show NYCelt's posts

If I get what PHX and CeltFanLA are saying correctly it's kind of hard to argue against their point.

I wouldn't start Moore, and I wouldn't give him the majority of the minutes at 2-guard, but I could see giving him some run.

You can't really say playoff pressure is the issue and a reason not to play him when up until the injury Avery Bradley was going to get the starter's minutes. Bradley has far less D1 big game experience than Moore (3 years less/3 tourneys less) and only one NBA season advantage, with nothing that would amount to high-pressure minutes on the floor.

As a matter of fact, earlier this season Bradley was going to be sitting in favor of Moore, until Avery suddenly proved he could defend.  Moore is still the better passer and might be a slightly better shooter.  Moore has also been fairly sharp on his defensive rotations.

Moore is from a major NCAA program, was a defensive All-America pick and knows all about single-elimination playoff pressure.  I don't think he's exactly going to have a panic attack out there.

Regards

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from futbal. Show futbal's posts

Evan Turner is 5 months older than Moore. But in NBA experience, it's decades. Collins is a great coach as he was a player, Doc is limited as a coach as he was a player. Don't look for Moore to play.

Sections
Shortcuts