Time to go with younger players?

1. This post has been removed.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from TripleOG. Show TripleOG's posts

Re: Time to go with younger players?

The problem is Doc is never gonna sit Paul. As long as he shows up every 5 games to have a vintage game, he will keep his spot when its clear he should be taking a back seat and playing a role at this point. Let em sit out at the 3 pt line and take dish out passes from Green who can get into the paint anytime.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from prakash. Show prakash's posts

In response to Fierce34's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to prakash's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Yes, let go of this season and play younger players more.  We have pretty good potential on the roster (Sullinger, Melo, AB).  Have another good draft and aim for the next season.

[/QUOTE]

52 games remaining and you're already calling it quits?

Last season the Celts were 15-15 after 30 games.

[/QUOTE]

I hear you.  The Celts can trade their young players and draft picks, get some help and still not have a reasonable chance of winning it this year.  That is my problem.  As long as there is a move that will give the Celts a reasonable chance of winning it this year, I am all for it.  But I don't see that.  And the moves will be at the expense of future which is looming right in front of us.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

In response to TripleOG's comment:
    [QUOTE]

The problem is Doc is never gonna sit Paul. As long as he shows up every 5 games to have a vintage game, he will keep his spot when its clear he should be taking a back seat and playing a role at this point. Let em sit out at the 3 pt line and take dish out passes from Green who can get into the paint anytime.

[/QUOTE]

You have hit on the number one problem. Paul is the offense and the best we have and that is the problem.  Opposing teams focus on Paul and we lose whether he gets his points or not.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from OneOnOne. Show OneOnOne's posts

In response to concord27's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to TripleOG's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

You have hit on the number one problem. Paul is the offense and the best we have and that is the problem.  Opposing teams focus on Paul and we lose whether he gets his points or not.

[/QUOTE]

I think that is the biggest reason that Rondo has to up his scoring every nite,  not just when he wants to.  Paul can't just dominate guys like he used to.  He could be a very good second fiddle though.  Only problem is not one else  wants to or can take over that job.  So we are stuck his PP being the guy.  Green doesn't want it.  So if Rondo doesn't do it we are in deep do do.  I could live with Rondo and his turnstile defense if he was popping 20-10 every nite.

Sections
Shortcuts