Time to Make a Move?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from P34. Show P34's posts

Time to Make a Move?

The Celtics are down to 10 healthy players, 2 of them are rookies. 

The trade restriction on newly signed free-agents has expired, so there are players out there that can be had for the right offer. 

Signing a free-agent is out of the question because the Celtics already have 15 players under contract.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Karllost. Show Karllost's posts

Re: Time to Make a Move?

ID say it all has to do with how the Celtics evaluate our injured. If they figure Perk/JO are a toss of the coin to return healthy... Id say we should find a center if possible. The Shaq/Semi combo can work but you have to prepare for another Shaq injury and Semi is an ok fill-in for the short term... As a long term replacement, we're gonna be hurting in that position.

Same with DWest... Ive read where he could return by the end of this month (amazing) IF thats true, then I think we dont need to make any other moves. 

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Karllost. Show Karllost's posts

Forgot to include Baby in the center discussion.. He's gonna have trouble as well if hes needed to play alot of center come playoff time against the real bigs, like Howard or Bynum. Hes a good spot fill-in but not a full timer come playoff time.

It also pulls baby away from backup Power Forward, where he is very effective

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from CHEisCHE. Show CHEisCHE's posts

Where is Toine?

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from P34. Show P34's posts

In Response to Re: Time to Make a Move?:
    [QUOTE]Where is Toine?
    Posted by CHEisCHE[/QUOTE]

Idaho Stampede.

If you're thinking about signing Toine forget about it. 

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

How is it possible Delonte can come back in two weeks or so?  I would love it but it seems impossible considering his injury.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from basketbert. Show basketbert's posts

[QUOTE]How is it possible Delonte can come back in two weeks or so?  I would love it but it seems impossible considering his injury.
    Posted by concord27[/QUOTE]

Yes, that seems far-fetched. It 'd be great but I can't see that happening. Where does that rumor come from?

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from P34. Show P34's posts

[QUOTE]How is it possible Delonte can come back in two weeks or so?  I would love it but it seems impossible considering his injury.
    Posted by concord27[/QUOTE]

Technology. 

Back in the 1990s Perk's injury would sideline him for at least a year.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from BiasLewis. Show BiasLewis's posts

In Response to Time to Make a Move?:
    [QUOTE]The Celtics are down to 10 healthy players, 2 of them are rookies.  The trade restriction on newly signed free-agents has expired, so there are players out there that can be had for the right offer.  Signing a free-agent is out of the question because the Celtics already have 15 players under contract.
    Posted by P34[/QUOTE]

LOL! Wait a minute. Remember a week ago when I said we were thin and MAY need to sign someone off the street. For a week you grilled me for suggesting making any moves. LOL! I don't get it.

I told you were were thin and hoped that no one else gets dinged. So now you see the light.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from PierceIsTheTruth. Show PierceIsTheTruth's posts

bring back antoine and wallace :X

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from susan250. Show susan250's posts

Rasheed will probably be back playing for the Celtics in a few months.  It would be great for him to return sooner, but isn't possible as P34 stated. 

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Icon11. Show Icon11's posts

I don't think they make any moves.  Shaq should be back any day and JON is on his way back.  If anything they need help at the point as Avery didn't look so hot out there the other night. Why not cut Wafer?  His contract is only partially guaranteed.

Antonio Daniels is playing in the NBDL at 35. He is averaging 17 points, 8 assists and 5 boards.  Not saying Daniels is a game changer but at least he can bring the ball up the floor and distribute and stick a three.  To me he would be a better guy filling out the end of the bench then Wafer who is patently one dimensional and always has been.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Icon11. Show Icon11's posts

Check that.  I just read an article that said Daniels would probably have been the NBDL's first call up but he hurt his hand and is out for a month.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Icon11. Show Icon11's posts

You know who else is down there? Orien Greene!  HA.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from P34. Show P34's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Time to Make a Move? : LOL! Wait a minute. Remember a week ago when I said we were thin and MAY need to sign someone off the street. For a week you grilled me for suggesting making any moves. LOL! I don't get it. I told you were were thin and hoped that no one else gets dinged. So now you see the light.
    Posted by BiasLewis[/QUOTE]

A week ago Rajon Rondo was healthy enough to play. A week ago they only had Shaq missing 1 or 2 games. A week ago you wanted the Celtics TO SIGN MIKKI MOORE! 

Read my post again, I never said anything about signing a player, I was implying that the Celtics do a trade.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from prakash. Show prakash's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Time to Make a Move? : Read my post again, I never said anything about signing a player , I was implying that the Celtics do a trade.
    Posted by P34[/QUOTE]

And in a different thread I had posted an opinion to trade Perk for a wing player (wish list: Monta Ellis).  Why?  Because the level drops considerably when the Celts make wing substitutions.  Their Big 3 can't sustain 44 mins playoff games.  Miami can.  I want to plug that hole.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from P34. Show P34's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Time to Make a Move? : And in a different thread I had posted an opinion to trade Perk for a wing player (wish list: Monta Ellis).  Why?  Because the level drops considerably when the Celts make wing substitutions.  Their Big 3 can't sustain 44 mins playoff games.  Miami can.  I want to plug that hole.
    Posted by prakash[/QUOTE]

Monta is playing like an All-Star this season. You really think the Warriors would trade him for Perk, Nate, and Delonte?

It's true the Celtics have to plug that hole, but what you proposed is unrealistic even if salaries matched. Why? Perk, Nate, and Delonte will not make the Warriors a playoff team, might even plunged them even deeper into the abyss.

Delonte's also dealing with some personal issues. The Warriors wouldn't want that either. What if Delonte punches Stephen Curry?

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from sportsbozo1. Show sportsbozo1's posts

Posted by concord27[/QUOTE] I read an article where he says he's shooting for an end of January return,it will probably be more like mid February but even that early is a remarkable recovery.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from prakash. Show prakash's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Time to Make a Move? : Monta is playing like an All-Star this season. You really think the Warriors would trade him for Perk, Nate, and Delonte? It's true the Celtics have to plug that hole, but what you proposed is unrealistic even if salaries matched. Why? Perk, Nate, and Delonte will not make the Warriors a playoff team, might even plunged them even deeper into the abyss. Delonte's also dealing with some personal issues. The Warriors wouldn't want that either. What if Delonte punches Stephen Curry?
    Posted by P34[/QUOTE]

Quite true, it will be a hard trade to pull off.  It may need multiple teams.  The point being made here is very simple - I am not looking for a marginal upgrade on Marquis.  So if you are suggesting that the Celts need to make a marginal upgrade, we are at odds.  Otherwise, I am all for adding a major wing player.  The question is  - what will the Celts offer in return?

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from P34. Show P34's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Time to Make a Move? : Quite true, it will be a hard trade to pull off.  It may need multiple teams.  The point being made here is very simple - I am not looking for a marginal upgrade on Marquis.  So if you are suggesting that the Celts need to make a marginal upgrade, we are at odds.  Otherwise, I am all for adding a major wing player.  The question is  - what will the Celts offer in return?
    Posted by prakash[/QUOTE]

I don't think the Celtics will tinker with their rotation players. They're playing great basketball and they're the #1 team in the east right now. 

Marquis Daniels has been doing a decent job off the bench. What the Celtics need is to get a better wing player to replace Von Wafer. It's been 2 months and Wafer still looks lost out there.

If you're looking for a major upgrade I don't see it happening.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from BiasLewis. Show BiasLewis's posts

The move to make is to get Grant Hill. He has a modest salary and Doc appreciates his game. He would be great on the 2nd unit with his defense, headiness, leadership and ball handling skills.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from OneOnOne. Show OneOnOne's posts

[QUOTE]The move to make is to get Grant Hill. He has a modest salary and Doc appreciates his game. He would be great on the 2nd unit with his defense, headiness, leadership and ball handling skills.

I like Hill and would like him on our team.  I would hate to give up much for him though.  I would really like to have a Pt guard that likes to pass that also can shoot a little bit.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from OneOnOne. Show OneOnOne's posts

I wish their was a way to come up with Blake Griffith.  I would be willing to give a lot for this guy.  He is a STUD.  His motor reminds me of Cowens with a lot more ability.   I would give Baby, Perk, and JO, along with Picks for this guy.  Maybe even more.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from P34. Show P34's posts

[QUOTE]The move to make is to get Grant Hill. He has a modest salary and Doc appreciates his game. He would be great on the 2nd unit with his defense, headiness, leadership and ball handling skills.

Grant Hill made it clear last year, he's not going to play behind Pierce and Ray Allen. He chose to remain with the Suns because he would be a starter there.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

Everyone would like Blake Griffin.  Nobody wants JO or Perk? BBD won't do it nor will late round crummy draft picks.  

Sections
Shortcuts