Time to Make a Move?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Icon11. Show Icon11's posts

Re: Time to Make a Move?

The Celtics have nothing on their roster that will get Blake Griffin.  Not with his potential and what he is being paid.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from aciemvp. Show aciemvp's posts

In Response to Re: Time to Make a Move?:
    Forgot to include Baby in the center discussion.. He's gonna have trouble as well if hes needed to play alot of center come playoff time against the real bigs, like Howard or Bynum. Posted by Karllost

oh c'mon.  of all the things he does, backup 5 against these strong trees is one of the best things he does.  he muscles (down low) byrum and howard off their spot better than most anyone in the league!!!! 

shack/davis tandem at 5 would be tremendous.  we still need enough of davis to spell kg though.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheDUDDER. Show TheDUDDER's posts

In Response to Re: Time to Make a Move? : Grant Hill made it clear last year, he's not going to play behind Pierce and Ray Allen. He chose to remain with the Suns because he would be a starter there.
    Posted by P34

Shame on them for going after any player that is not named Jordan Hill as opposed to Grant Hill...... adding aged players that will not be very productive when actual Eastern Conference defense shows up does not make sense for the short and or long run..... but I will take Jordan Hill for just about any trade Danny could come up with....

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from prakash. Show prakash's posts

In Response to Re: Time to Make a Move? : Shame on them for going after any player that is not named Jordan Hill as opposed to Grant Hill...... adding aged players that will not be very productive when actual Eastern Conference defense shows up does not make sense for the short and or long run..... but I will take Jordan Hill for just about any trade Danny could come up with....
    Posted by TheDUDDER

Yes, Danny needs to look for young and talented players and not more old timers.  But Jordan Hill???

The Celts have quite a few pieces available and it will be interesting to see what Danny can pull off.  To enact a dream for you, they can trade Rondo.  The fact that he is a base year comp player can be overcome by making Sheed unretire and package his salary with Rondo's.  They can easily trade Perk.  They can use Von  Wafer and/or Delonte West to make salaries match without problems as both of these guys have non-guaranteed contracts and can be easily released.  Marquis and/or Nate can be traded.  The upcoming first round draft pick can be traded.

But please, no marginal upgrades.  Not a better Von Wafer.  The Celts need one more quality piece.  Preferably young.  Monta Ellis, Chauncy Billups, somebody similar.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from P34. Show P34's posts

In Response to Re: Time to Make a Move? : Yes, Danny needs to look for young and talented players and not more old timers.  But Jordan Hill??? The Celts have quite a few pieces available and it will be interesting to see what Danny can pull off.  To enact a dream for you, they can trade Rondo.  The fact that he is a base year comp player can be overcome by making Sheed unretire and package his salary with Rondo's.  They can easily trade Perk.  They can use Von  Wafer and/or Delonte West to make salaries match without problems as both of these guys have non-guaranteed contracts and can be easily released.  Marquis and/or Nate can be traded.  The upcoming first round draft pick can be traded. But please, no marginal upgrades.  Not a better Von Wafer.  The Celts need one more quality piece.  Preferably young.  Monta Ellis, Chauncy Billups, somebody similar.
    Posted by prakash

Preferably young you say. Is Billups young? 

If you want someone who's young then why not Thaddeus Young?

And please, stop with the Monta Ellis pipe dream.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from prakash. Show prakash's posts

In Response to Re: Time to Make a Move? : Preferably young you say. Is Billups young?  If you want someone who's young then why not Thaddeus Young? And please, stop with the Monta Ellis pipe dream.
    Posted by P34

Got a problem?  OK, Monta is a pipe dream.  So what?  I don't agree with you that Celts need an upgrade on Von Wafer.  What's up with that?  How does that make any sense?  And I don't have issues if the Celts acquire Thaddeus Young.  That too works for me.

BTW, Billups will make perfect sense.  Yes, he is not young but he will be a quality piece if he can be obtained without trading Rondo.  It all depends upon what the Celts will have to give up for somebody like that.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from P34. Show P34's posts

In Response to Re: Time to Make a Move? : Got a problem?  OK, Monta is a pipe dream.  So what?  I don't agree with you that Celts need an upgrade on Von Wafer.  What's up with that?  How does that make any sense?  And I don't have issues if the Celts acquire Thaddeus Young.  That too works for me. BTW, Billups will make perfect sense.  Yes, he is not young but he will be a quality piece if he can be obtained without trading Rondo.  It all depends upon what the Celts will have to give up for somebody like that.
    Posted by prakash

The Celtics don't have 13.1m in cap space to accommodate Billups' salary. 

Von Wafer is not productive, that's why Ray Allen is playing a lot of minutes. 

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from OneOnOne. Show OneOnOne's posts

Everyone would like Blake Griffin.  Nobody wants JO or Perk? BBD won't do it nor will late round crummy draft picks.  
    Posted by concord27

I would work Rondo in there for Griffith if we didn't have to give up the farm.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from OneOnOne. Show OneOnOne's posts

In Response to Re: Time to Make a Move? : Shame on them for going after any player that is not named Jordan Hill as opposed to Grant Hill...... adding aged players that will not be very productive when actual Eastern Conference defense shows up does not make sense for the short and or long run..... but I will take Jordan Hill for just about any trade Danny could come up with....
    Posted by TheDUDDER

Jordan Hill?  Who does he play for?  Do he help his team win?  Does he have big stats?   Just what I thought, just a player you pick out of the blue.  We are trying to win a championship Dudder, not build a team with your fantasy young players your throw up here on a regular basis..  You know all the teams you have been saying for 4 years that would be better than the C's in 2 years that still haven't come to pass.  You know the teams you have been raving about time and again.  The Hawks, Blazers, Bulls, and Magic.  How has all those predictions been working out for you?  I heard Perk has been flipping burgers on his spare time since he won a championship.  You predicted it.  Please when you reply cut it down to 1/5th of your normal drivel and I might actually read it.  No cutting and pasting.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from OneOnOne. Show OneOnOne's posts

In Response to Re: Time to Make a Move? : Got a problem?  OK, Monta is a pipe dream.  So what?  I don't agree with you that Celts need an upgrade on Von Wafer.  What's up with that?  How does that make any sense?  And I don't have issues if the Celts acquire Thaddeus Young.  That too works for me. BTW, Billups will make perfect sense.  Yes, he is not young but he will be a quality piece if he can be obtained without trading Rondo.  It all depends upon what the Celts will have to give up for somebody like that.
    Posted by prakash

A upgradThe on Wafer makes sense to me. The only player on the team he looks better than is Bradley.  Hell I would probably be a upgrade over Bradley. 

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Number6Fan. Show Number6Fan's posts

Shouldn't we at least wait until they start losing before we restructure the team? :-)

I realize patience is in short supply around here, but really. . .

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

Yea, they have won thirteen straight.  Talking about Blake Griffin look at how he is helping their won loss record. This thread is loopy let's lose a few before we panic.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheDUDDER. Show TheDUDDER's posts

I wish their was a way to come up with Blake Griffith.  I would be willing to give a lot for this guy.  He is a STUD.  His motor reminds me of Cowens with a lot more ability.   I would give Baby, Perk, and JO, along with Picks for this guy.  Maybe even more.
    Posted by OneOnOne

Crack is still illegal, right?

Griffin (not Griffith) will become one of the few players who plays not only in the freshman / sophomore game but also the All-Star game.

There is not even 1 GM in the league that would part with Griffin regardless of the offer until he is up for some really big money.

Of course you would give Baby, Perk, J O'N, etc. but do you know what???  The Clippers would not give up Griffin for Pierce, Garnett, Allen, and Rondo.....

None of the players you mentioned are even starters with the Clippers let alone the star of the Clippers.

The Cs will not have a player like Griffin on their roster until they either trade expiring contracts or go through the really shi&&y team route and draft a really high draft pick.

Of course, on this board / blog.... we have come to expect posters to vastly overvalue the players on the roster and vastly underestimate the players that they would like to trade the has-beens / wannabes for.

If Wall were healthy, there would be some discussion about ROY but with Wall hurt a lot, Griffin is the hands down ROY.

Since this thread is called "time to make a move", I would say the move they need to make is do whatever you can do to get healthy and stay healthy.

If D West had not hurt himself there would not be any discussion about at all about making any moves.  West would be running the team in Rondo's absence and the Cs would be business as usual.

Yesterday they beat a team that has beaten the Lakers in LA and came to Boston with the Cs missing a few players and lost by double digits - how can there really be any wonder about whether there should be any moves made?

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from mem17. Show mem17's posts

Yea, they have won thirteen straight.  Talking about Blake Griffin look at how he is helping their won loss record. This thread is loopy let's lose a few before we panic.
    Posted by concord27

I agree. The Celtics are 22-4 and some posters here are talking of trading Rondo, Baby and other major players. The only kind of player the C's could us an upgrade on is the backup 3 spot. Daniels is playing fine and I believe the C's can win the championship with him. However if an upgrade is available without trading any of our major players, why not?
        Regarding Wafer. I have seen him enough this season and can conclude that he won't be much of a contributor. However with Marquis filling in at the 2 and 3 spots adequately and Delonte is expected to be back sooner than expected, what difference does a 3rd string2 guard make anyway? He's hardly playing anyway? He won't play at all when Delonte returns sometime next month.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from prakash. Show prakash's posts

In Response to Re: Time to Make a Move? : The Celtics don't have 13.1m in cap space to accommodate Billups' salary.  Von Wafer is not productive, that's why Ray Allen is playing a lot of minutes. 
    Posted by P34

No, the Celts don't have any cap space and without a trade, they can only sign players to a vet min.  So you are recommending that they find a better Von Wafer for the vet min?

Ray Allen is playing a lot of minutes right now and if Ray or Paul get into foul trouble, the Celts may find themselves in a fight.  That is their only weakness for the playoffs and they need to cover that with a quality wing, somebody that they will not find with a vet min Von Wafer upgrade.

There are some other interesting possibilities like potentially trading for Josh Howard if he is back to being good.  But need is to improve on Marquis.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from P34. Show P34's posts

In Response to Re: Time to Make a Move? : No, the Celts don't have any cap space and without a trade, they can only sign players to a vet min.  So you are recommending that they find a better Von Wafer for the vet min? Ray Allen is playing a lot of minutes right now and if Ray or Paul get into foul trouble, the Celts may find themselves in a fight.  That is their only weakness for the playoffs and they need to cover that with a quality wing, somebody that they will not find with a vet min Von Wafer upgrade. There are some other interesting possibilities like potentially trading for Josh Howard if he is back to being good.  But need is to improve on Marquis.
    Posted by prakash

Actually what I was proposing was trade Avery Bradley for Courtney Lee. The Celtics will then have the option of keeping Wafer or releasing him. I never said anything about releasing Wafer then replacing him with another vet's minimum guy.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from prakash. Show prakash's posts

In Response to Re: Time to Make a Move? : Actually what I was proposing was trade Avery Bradley for Courtney Lee. The Celtics will then have the option of keeping Wafer or releasing him. I never said anything about releasing Wafer then replacing him with another vet's minimum guy.
    Posted by P34

And that is a good idea as well.  As long as what comes in is more and a better fit than what goes out, the trade will be a good one.  This is such a proposal.

In the 8-9 man rotation, Courteny's inclusion may mean that Marquis loses his minutes.  My impression is that Courtney will not be able to backup Rondo.  So Nate, Courtney, Baby and JON/Perk complete the rotation.  If JON is around and able, I don't see Perk finishing games.  We will not be able to afford two poor free throw shooters in the end game situations.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from PACelt. Show PACelt's posts

If you feel a need to add a versatile player to the line up, I would suggest Mardy Collins with the Clippers.  Can play 1-2-3 and plays defense.  He'd be good in the backcourt with Nate; could play PG on O and defend the 2 on D.  He could be had for cheap(if the Clips are interested) - Bradley, Harangody, or Wafer.

I can't see trading any of the bigs until Perk is back.  We will need the insurance.

PA

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from maryngary. Show maryngary's posts

Stand pat.

Sections
Shortcuts