time to move on fellas

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from LARRYLEGEND4LIFE. Show LARRYLEGEND4LIFE's posts

time to move on fellas

I don't post often but I'm a die hard boston celtic fan...it's time to move on from the trades...honestly when it first happened I didn't like it but it sounds like we offered him an extension and he turned it down. Basketball isn't like baseball where if you  have the money you can sign whoever you want. That is why the NBA and NFL r better leagues....you have to make decisions like n the NBA and NFL and it's never easy. Jeff Green is going to help us. I've said all year we need another scorer especailly since marquis went down....but we need someone off the bench who can stretch the defense and i think this guy will help spell Paul. We always struggle in the 4th qtr to score and as much as i hate to say it i believe it has to do with age. Even in game 7 last yr our biggest problem outside of the refs was we JUST COULDN'T SCORE late in the game. Now we have a kid who is 24 and can play late in the game and contribute with some fresh legs.

Only time will tell but I think Danny made the right move...i mean you have to believe this something he has thought about all season...it's not like he got up thurdsday morning and said "lets trade perk". Lets get it going to tonite agains the Clip joint

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from susan250. Show susan250's posts

Re: time to move on fellas

I am sure that Green will be a great help to this team.  Danny probably felt that he had no choice because of all of the injuries to this team and really didn't have many trading options.  I still didn't like to see Perk traded and would have been happier if the starting five remained and we just acquired a backup small forward even if he wasn't a very good player.     I am anxiously awaiting to see who else Danny acquires to fill the remaining roster spots.    This has to happen soon.  

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from LARRYLEGEND4LIFE. Show LARRYLEGEND4LIFE's posts

In Response to Re: time to move on fellas:
    [QUOTE]I am sure that Green will be a great help to this team.  Danny probably felt that he had no choice because of all of the injuries to this team and really didn't have many trading options.  I still didn't like to see Perk traded and would have been happier if the starting five remained and we just acquired a backup small forward even if he wasn't a very good player.     I am anxiously awaiting to see who else Danny acquires to fill the remaining roster spots.    This has to happen soon.  
    Posted by susan250[/QUOTE]

yeah we will be getting someone else.Let's go smash the clippers tonite and utah monday and get home. Hard to believe April is almost here. I think this season is our best chance to get banner 18...gonna be hard to do next year and the year after so let's enjoy this moment while we can.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from futbal. Show futbal's posts

Danny did very well to get an asset like Green given he was in a position of weakness (injuries and no cap/roster flexibility). Now, he needs both O'Neals to heal up and be productive for the Celts to have run for the Championship. I posted elsewhere that PPG for the team were down by about 3 from the 2007/08 Champsionship team and down 2 from last year; so yes, this trade plugged a big hole on the offensive side; 2-3 points in the NBA swings a lot of games.

Sections
Shortcuts