Time to seriously consider trading...

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Sveltics. Show Sveltics's posts

Time to seriously consider trading...

In this very weird NBA year I think there are more teams that could challenge for the championship.

IMHO, it is time to seriously consider trading both Ray and KG.

True, it will be more difficult to trade KG, and of course, working out the expiring contracts, the number of players, etc, makes it more difficult to make these kind of trades, but IMHO, both players would have value (Ray more) to a team seriously thinking of making a run in May and June.

Ray is class. Pure and simple. He deserves a shot at another ring.

KG is classless. He WAS great. However, maybe he would be reinvigorated for a few months in Chicago, or LA, or Miami, or OKC...

I will not insult the intelligence of any real fans reading this post about the chances of the Celts even qualifying for the playoffs (55-45 in favor of making?) but IMHO I believe it is time to make these moves, if they are even possible.

Happy Birthday, Jo Jo White!!!

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

Re: Time to seriously consider trading...

Sveltics,
    How many teams would pay KG's salary for the rest of the season.  What has he shown thus far?  Ray is a different story.  Without him and Pierce struggling we will be in the lottery.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from susan250. Show susan250's posts

In Response to Re: Time to seriously consider trading...:
    Sveltics, How many teams would pay KG's salary for the rest of the season.  What has he shown thus far?  Ray is a different story.  Without him and Pierce struggling we will be in the lottery.
    Posted by concord27

I agree with you.  Teams that are contending will only trade for players that can help them win.  I wouldn't say that KG is that impact player this year.  Ray could be if he continues to play like he has for the entire season. 

4. This post has been removed.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from basketbert. Show basketbert's posts

Ray would be a great guy off the bench for any team. I hope he's willing to take that role for us next year and sign for small(ish) money. He still has a few years of 15 ppg in him I think.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from JamezHill24. Show JamezHill24's posts

In Response to Time to seriously consider trading...:
    In this very weird NBA year I think there are more teams that could challenge for the championship. IMHO, it is time to seriously consider trading both Ray and KG. True, it will be more difficult to trade KG, and of course, working out the expiring contracts, the number of players, etc, makes it more difficult to make these kind of trades, but IMHO, both players would have value (Ray more) to a team seriously thinking of making a run in May and June. Ray is class. Pure and simple. He deserves a shot at another ring. KG is classless. He WAS great. However, maybe he would be reinvigorated for a few months in Chicago, or LA, or Miami, or OKC... I will not insult the intelligence of any real fans reading this post about the chances of the Celts even qualifying for the playoffs (55-45 in favor of making?) but IMHO I believe it is time to make these moves, if they are even possible. Happy Birthday, Jo Jo White!!!
    Posted by Sveltics

KG is classless bc hes not as good anymore?

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from JamezHill24. Show JamezHill24's posts

In Response to Time to seriously consider trading...:
    In this very weird NBA year I think there are more teams that could challenge for the championship. IMHO, it is time to seriously consider trading both Ray and KG. True, it will be more difficult to trade KG, and of course, working out the expiring contracts, the number of players, etc, makes it more difficult to make these kind of trades, but IMHO, both players would have value (Ray more) to a team seriously thinking of making a run in May and June. Ray is class. Pure and simple. He deserves a shot at another ring. KG is classless. He WAS great. However, maybe he would be reinvigorated for a few months in Chicago, or LA, or Miami, or OKC... I will not insult the intelligence of any real fans reading this post about the chances of the Celts even qualifying for the playoffs (55-45 in favor of making?) but IMHO I believe it is time to make these moves, if they are even possible. Happy Birthday, Jo Jo White!!!
    Posted by Sveltics

KG is classless bc hes not as good anymore?

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheDUDDER. Show TheDUDDER's posts

In Response to Time to seriously consider trading... : KG is classless bc hes not as good anymore?
    Posted by JamezHill24

KG has always been classless, somehow one thinks that by giving someone that cannot read or write and has no couth that that they can acquire class.... KG has proven over and over again that he has absolutely no class.... you can get da boy out da hood but you cant get da hood out da boy... KG has no class, never had any class, and never will have any class.... he may be signing some really big checks but class is something that he never got out of after 9th grade

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Red-16Russ-11. Show Red-16Russ-11's posts

In Response to Re: Time to seriously consider trading... : KG has always been classless, somehow one thinks that by giving someone that cannot read or write and has no couth that that they can acquire class.... KG has proven over and over again that he has absolutely no class.... you can get da boy out da hood but you cant get da hood out da boy... KG has no class, never had any class, and never will have any class.... he may be signing some really big checks but class is something that he never got out of after 9th grade
    Posted by TheDUDDER

Racist hater!!

10. This post has been removed.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Red-16Russ-11. Show Red-16Russ-11's posts

The problem with trading both Ray and KG is that no one will pay their salaries.....it is better for us to ride out this season ..........bite my tongue....tanking to get into the lottery and roll the dice next year with our lottery picks and bankroll.........
    Posted by damfuno

I don't like "tanking " the season.  We saw what happened last time!!  For those of us who think the lottery "may" be fixed...........what would our chances be of getting a Top 5 pick??
    Last time we had 3 picks - Joe Forte, Kedrick Brown, Joe Johnson
    Last time we had 2 high picks - Chauncey Billiups and Ron Mercer

Never tank the season, or the Weasel will get you!!

Sections
Shortcuts