Time to start Bayless with Bradley?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from OneOnOne. Show OneOnOne's posts

Re: Time to start Bayless with Bradley?

In response to Fiercy's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to kyceltic's comment:

[QUOTE]

Because we're not that far from winning some of these games we have lost. Rondo will make the C's better, we don't need to get better at this point.

[/QUOTE]

If we get back to basics, teams will not defend the Celtics the same way they defended when Rondo was not playing.

Jordan Crawford, Bayless, and even Pressey are threats from beyond the arc.

Once Rondo returns, every team will take away the driving lanes and dare Rondo to shoot from the outside.

[/QUOTE]

This looks very much like you are saying that Rondo doesn't make the players around him better, contrary to what many posters here say most of the time.  

It has been a running debate for years that Rondo made KG, PP, and RA,  or that they made him better.

I think we may finally get a more definitive answer.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from OneOnOne. Show OneOnOne's posts

In response to 37stories' comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to chris33's comment:
    [QUOTE]

With Crawford and Brooks as backup.

I would like to see that.

[/QUOTE]

Just a month ago people were talking like Crawford was going to a great pg. Now they want him on the bench for Bayless.

[/QUOTE]

flavor of the week

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from 37stories. Show 37stories's posts

In response to OneOnOne's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

Because we're not that far from winning some of these games we have lost. Rondo will make the C's better, we don't need to get better at this point.

[/QUOTE]

If we get back to basics, teams will not defend the Celtics the same way they defended when Rondo was not playing.

Jordan Crawford, Bayless, and even Pressey are threats from beyond the arc.

Once Rondo returns, every team will take away the driving lanes and dare Rondo to shoot from the outside.

[/QUOTE]

This looks very much like you are saying that Rondo doesn't make the players around him better, contrary to what many posters here say most of the time.  

It has been a running debate for years that Rondo made KG, PP, and RA,  or that they made him better.

[/QUOTE]

I think it is pretty obvious that Rondo is one of the better passers in the NBA.  It is also obvious that his own offensive game is lacking.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from BCSP. Show BCSP's posts

J. Crawford is doing everything that has been asked of him - AND - we all hope the end result is a late round draft pick, via trade, prior to the trade deadline. 

5. This post has been removed.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from 37stories. Show 37stories's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

True!

[/QUOTE]

People spend way too much time trying to figure out Rondo's game. They either think he is a great pg or they hate him. The truth is in the middle.

7. This post has been removed.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from OneOnOne. Show OneOnOne's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

True!

[/QUOTE]

People spend way too much time trying to figure out Rondo's game. They either think he is a great pg or they hate him. The truth is in the middle.

[/QUOTE]

I guess the question is ,  "does he make players around him better?"  We all know he is a good passer and has not been a great scorer. Common knowledge. I know for a fact he helped KG because of the alley oops he got that he no longer gets.   I also feel that his man often helped out on other players because RR didn't want to shoot.  With no future HOF players around  RR is going to have to show he can score more. It will be interesting.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from BCSP. Show BCSP's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

True!

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

I guess the question is ,  "does he make players around him better?"  We all know he is a good passer and has not been a great scorer. Common knowledge. I know for a fact he helped KG because of the alley oops he got that he no longer gets.   I also feel that his man often helped out on other players because RR didn't want to shoot.  With no future HOF players around  RR is going to have to show he can score more. It will be interesting.

[/QUOTE]

Especially when a majority of RR's offense is created off of the dribble drive! It takes a while to plant a foot with confidence, post ACL surgery! 

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from debrit. Show debrit's posts

With all the changes in the backcourt I believe that Brooks will have his real chance.He will be  a help to the second unity.He can score.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from debrit. Show debrit's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

But will we continue to lose when Rondo comes back?  I don't see the point of bringing him back at this time. Losing is in our best interest, not getting Rondo back and trying to make a playoff push.  

[/QUOTE]

Why are you worried about Rondo coming back?

Unless Rondo becomes a decent 3-point shooter, the Celts are going to continue to lose.

Rondo is at his best when he's surrounded by great players.

Right now Rondo doesn't have an All-Star cast.

[/QUOTE]

Who told you that? Rond helped the 3 superstars to end the carreers with a ring.He was the star of the 2008 team.

12. This post has been removed.

Sections
Shortcuts