TIMING IS EVERYTHING! C's primed for run at #18!

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from RallyC. Show RallyC's posts

TIMING IS EVERYTHING! C's primed for run at #18!

This board is still littered with speculation as to what could have been. It is sickening. This team showed in the ATL defeat last night they are truly a force to be reconed with. The unbelievable development and the meteoric rise to stardom that we are right now seeing in Averey Bradley should be enough to make you all believers in this team. This isn't just about talent! It is about DOC's ability to develpe and implement the right pieces. He is really on his game right now too. AB at this very moment is performing like a young RA with twice the D ability and hes just a KID! They have a legit shot at snatching #18 while pessimism continues to ignore the trend they are on. They are showing all that it takes at the perfect time: grit, suprisingly strong depth, incredible DEFENSE, and all while our starters are getting lots of rest and complete healing from nagging injuries. Home court or not, the C's will drop ATL in 6 or less, then show everyone the shocking reality that they are as fast, athletically gifted, accurate in shooting, tenacious defensively, and energized and rested for the final push to grab DOC RIVER's and C's Nation the NBA Championship. Am I certain this will happen? Of course not. BUT I AM CERTAIN THEY HAVE A BETTER THAN AVERAGE SHOT and should be considered MOST LIKELY TO SURPRISE THE NBA WORLD based on what we've seen since the break and especially how well they execute DOC's system now on both sides of the ball. ABSOLUTELY CAN WIN THE TROPHY!!!! WATCH! I am positive of this, THEY WILL MAKE ALL OF US PROUD DURING THIS YEARS NBA PLAY-OFFS! Thank you DA and DOC for one of the most gratifying seasons in a long time. While EVERYBODY said no way, and we got decimated by injuries, you did ( and in some cases correctly did not do!) what it took to have this team ready to have an excellent chance to make a run, and a realistic shot at ending up the story of this NBA season. GO CELTICS!!!!! Now, shut up about "what if we could have traded X for Y, or Z for A"......PLEASE JUST SHUT UP!!! Pay attention to what is happening, you are missing a great story in the making......

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from basketbert. Show basketbert's posts

Re: TIMING IS EVERYTHING! C's primed for run at #19

#19? Aren't you getting a bit ahead of yourself?

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxfan94. Show redsoxfan94's posts

lol they have 17 titles now not 18 

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from puddinpuddin. Show puddinpuddin's posts

Why not shoot for #18 first.... not unless you are somehow going for a two-fer.

Pud

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from susan250. Show susan250's posts

Agree with all the others.  It should be 18 that we are trying to accomplish, not 19. 

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Duke4. Show Duke4's posts

back in 2010, no one gave the Celtics any shot....then, lo and behold, they went back to LA up 3-2 in the NBA Finals...after leading most of game 7 they fell short...it is what it is (as our friend GK would say)...

this team looks deeper and better than the '10 Celtic squad....they are on a roll heading into the play-offs and I give them a good chance to "surprise" their critics once again....we saw it happen in '68, '69, and '76 ....we came up short in '87 as we did in '10...I have respect and admiration for this franchise and I like what I am seeing right now....in a few more days the real games begin..the big three are now in year five....this wasn't supposed to be happening...the window was closed two years ago right.....?

Go Celtics! ....win or lose, I'm proud to be a fan....would love to see #18 but I won't bet the house on it....SA and OKC look awesome...Miami is still a favorite....Chicago is limping....should be fun viewing....

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from susan250. Show susan250's posts

In Response to Re: TIMING IS EVERYTHING! C's primed for run at #19:
    [QUOTE]back in 2010, no one gave the Celtics any shot....then, lo and behold, they went back to LA up 3-2 in the NBA Finals...after leading most of game 7 they fell short...it is what it is (as our friend GK would say)... this team looks deeper and better than the '10 Celtic squad....they are on a roll heading into the play-offs and I give them a good chance to "surprise" their critics once again....we saw it happen '68, '69, and '76 ....we came up short in '87 as we did in '10...I have respect and admiration for this franchise and I like what I am seeing right now....in a few more days the real games begin..the big three are now in year five....this wasn't supposed to be happening...the window was closed years ago right.....? Go Celtics! ....win or lose, I'm proud to be a fan....would love to see #18 but I won't bet the house on it....SA and OKC look awesome...Miami is still a favorite....Chicago is limping....should be fun viewing....
    Posted by Duke4[/QUOTE]

It is still painful for me to recall the 2010 loss in the Finals.   I cried about losing for weeks.  Everytime that I saw or heard any mention of the NBA champs, it was very painful.  I do agree with you that the Celtics are playing amazing basketball at the right time of the season.  It would be great to see them get to the NBA finals this year, and I suppose they have as a good chance as anyone to accomplish this. 

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from RallyC. Show RallyC's posts

[QUOTE]#19? Aren't you getting a bit ahead of yourself?
    Posted by basketbert[/QUOTE]

OK! I am an Air Traffic Controller by trade! And as you can tell, NOt a typist....Sorry!  I did mean 18 and I've fixed it! THANKS......

9. This post has been removed.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from JamLock. Show JamLock's posts

Re: TIMING IS EVERYTHING! C's primed for run at #18!

In Response to TIMING IS EVERYTHING! C's primed for run at #18!:
    [QUOTE]This board is still littered with speculation as to what could have been. It is sickening. This team showed in the ATL defeat last night they are truly a force to be reconed with. The unbelievable development and the meteoric rise to stardom that we are right now seeing in Averey Bradley should be enough to make you all believers in this team. This isn't just about talent! It is about DOC's ability to develpe and implement the right pieces. He is really on his game right now too. AB at this very moment is performing like a young RA with twice the D ability and hes just a KID! They have a legit shot at snatching #18 while pessimism continues to ignore the trend they are on. They are showing all that it takes at the perfect time: grit, suprisingly strong depth, incredible DEFENSE, and all while our starters are getting lots of rest and complete healing from nagging injuries. Home court or not, the C's will drop ATL in 6 or less, then show everyone the shocking reality that they are as fast, athletically gifted, accurate in shooting, tenacious defensively, and energized and rested for the final push to grab DOC RIVER's and C's Nation the NBA Championship. Am I certain this will happen? Of course not. BUT I AM CERTAIN THEY HAVE A BETTER THAN AVERAGE SHOT and should be considered MOST LIKELY TO SURPRISE THE NBA WORLD based on what we've seen since the break and especially how well they execute DOC's system now on both sides of the ball. ABSOLUTELY CAN WIN THE TROPHY!!!! WATCH! I am positive of this, THEY WILL MAKE ALL OF US PROUD DURING THIS YEARS NBA PLAY-OFFS! Thank you DA and DOC for one of the most gratifying seasons in a long time. While EVERYBODY said no way, and we got decimated by injuries, you did ( and in some cases correctly did not do!) what it took to have this team ready to have an excellent chance to make a run, and a realistic shot at ending up the story of this NBA season. GO CELTICS!!!!! Now, shut up about "what if we could have traded X for Y, or Z for A"......PLEASE JUST SHUT UP!!! Pay attention to what is happening, you are missing a great story in the making......
    Posted by RallyC[/QUOTE]

Agree 100%.  Banner #18 should hang from the rafters at the Boston Garden in June!

As Always,

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from BostonTrollSpanker. Show BostonTrollSpanker's posts

I'm not sure what the point of your post is exactly. Plenty of folks on this forum have observed that the Heat have been struggling to an extent, the Bulls also, and that the east if fairly wide open. I happen to think the Heat will be formidable in the playoffs but at any rate, I see a number of teams that can win the east including the Celts. 

Your notion that because we played Indiana tough that we can now win a title is a bit much. Sure, we can win a title but we don't match up well at all with OKC or the Lakers (we match up better against the Spurs). That's assuming we make the NBA finals, which I don't. 

I could see us making a deep run, however, I'm hardly the only one. But, I give you credit for being insanely enthusiastic.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from JamLock. Show JamLock's posts

In Response to Re: TIMING IS EVERYTHING! C's primed for run at #18!:
    [QUOTE]I'm not sure what the point of your post is exactly. Plenty of folks on this forum have observed that the Heat have been struggling to an extent, the Bulls also, and that the east if fairly wide open. I happen to think the Heat will be formidable in the playoffs but at any rate, I see a number of teams that can win the east including the Celts.  Your notion that because we played Indiana tough that we can now win a title is a bit much. Sure, we can win a title but we don't match up well at all with OKC or the Lakers (we match up better against the Spurs). That's assuming we make the NBA finals, which I don't.  I could see us making a deep run, however, I'm hardly the only one. But, I give you credit for being insanely enthusiastic.
    Posted by BostonTrollSpanker[/QUOTE]

Count me in with the "insanely enthusiastic" crowd! 

As Always,

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from puddinpuddin. Show puddinpuddin's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: TIMING IS EVERYTHING! C's primed for run at #19 : OK! I am an Air Traffic Controller by trade! And as you can tell, NOt a typist....Sorry!  I did mean 18 and I've fixed it! THANKS......
    Posted by RallyC[/QUOTE]

I'm not a typist either but last time I had a brain f@rt and decided that the Cs had a legit shot at #19.... I didn't blame it on poor typing.

Neither should you.

Pud

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from snakeoil123. Show snakeoil123's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: TIMING IS EVERYTHING! C's primed for run at #19 : I'm not a typist either but last time I had a brain f@rt and decided that the Cs had a legit shot at #19.... I didn't blame it on poor typing. Neither should you. Pud
    Posted by puddinpuddin[/QUOTE]

You're such a cranky pants.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from SFBostonFan. Show SFBostonFan's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: TIMING IS EVERYTHING! C's primed for run at #19 : It is still painful for me to recall the 2010 loss in the Finals.   I cried about losing for weeks.  Everytime that I saw or heard any mention of the NBA champs, it was very painful.  I do agree with you that the Celtics are playing amazing basketball at the right time of the season.  It would be great to see them get to the NBA finals this year, and I suppose they have as a good chance as anyone to accomplish this. 
    Posted by susan250[/QUOTE]

I agree with you Susan about the loss to the Lakers...egregious difference in fouls 41 to 17... and I'm still pissed about it! This and the Pats loss to the Giants the last 2 times still bother me.

Unfortunately, and I want to be positive but we need play great defense & shoot almost 50% because we almost always loose the battle of rebounds and other teams shooting in the 40%s have 10-15 extra chances. I mean in that Game 7 we had a 13 pt lead & in many games this year we've blown leads in the 4th qtr to lack of rebounding. But I will hope for the best as the Bruins down 2-3 can come back but the pathetic Red Sox aren't worth rooting for anymore after blowing a 9-0 lead to the Yankees, whom I hate as much as the Lakers !!!

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Celtsfan4life. Show Celtsfan4life's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: TIMING IS EVERYTHING! C's primed for run at #19 : I'm not a typist either but last time I had a brain f@rt and decided that the Cs had a legit shot at #19.... I didn't blame it on poor typing. Neither should you. Pud

Give him a break, typos happen.  Get over it.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from jaytf25. Show jaytf25's posts

[QUOTE]back in 2010, no one gave the Celtics any shot....then, lo and behold, they went back to LA up 3-2 in the NBA Finals...after leading most of game 7 they fell short...it is what it is (as our friend GK would say)... this team looks deeper and better than the '10 Celtic squad....they are on a roll heading into the play-offs and I give them a good chance to "surprise" their critics once again....we saw it happen in '68, '69, and '76 ....we came up short in '87 as we did in '10...I have respect and admiration for this franchise and I like what I am seeing right now....in a few more days the real games begin..the big three are now in year five....this wasn't supposed to be happening...the window was closed two years ago right.....? Go Celtics! ....win or lose, I'm proud to be a fan....would love to see #18 but I won't bet the house on it....SA and OKC look awesome...Miami is still a favorite....Chicago is limping....should be fun viewing....
    Posted by Duke4[/QUOTE]
    We were better, younger and a little deeper two years ago.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from jaytf25. Show jaytf25's posts

I love optimism believe me but I think we only get by the first round. Yes we have played well against the Heat but in a 7 game series I don't see us getting by them or the Bulls. We will be the 4th or 5th seed so the winner will play the Bulls assuming they win their first round. They(Bulls and Heat) are still better then us. And If I end up being wrong, I will love to eat crow. Anyway go Celtics! And how about those Bruins!? Thank you Tyler Seguin. We are still alive. Go Bruins Game 7 here we come.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from RallyC. Show RallyC's posts

Hey PUD, what part of me being an Air Traffic Controller don't you get? I am not allowed to have brain farts! It was truely a typo..........I went middle finger to the 8 twice. Brain farts costs lives in my field!!!

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from RallyC. Show RallyC's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: TIMING IS EVERYTHING! C's primed for run at #19 : Give him a break, typos happen.  Get over it.
    Posted by Celtsfan4life[/QUOTE]

THANKS! C4LIFE....Like I told PUD, as an air traffic controller, I am not allowed to have brain farts! It was truely a typo..........I went middle finger to the 8 twice. Brain farts costs lives in my field!!!" 

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

Pud is a class A 100% LOSER Rally

I have him on ignore so I thankfully never have to see the trash he writes here, but I'm sure your mistake was due to typing and I appreciate your positive enthusiasm

Pud is a negative small petty man with a hate vendetta directed at Rondo and an inability to admit being wrong on our young PG as he has been for YEARS!

Thanks for the post, we do have a shot at 18, Go Celtics!

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from puddinpuddin. Show puddinpuddin's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: TIMING IS EVERYTHING! C's primed for run at #19 : THANKS! C4LIFE....Like I told PUD, as an air traffic controller, I am not allowed to have brain farts! It was truely a typo..........I went middle finger to the 8 twice. Brain farts costs lives in my field!!!" 
    Posted by RallyC[/QUOTE]

Rally:

I wouldn't have guessed that you were posting as an air traffic controller.

Were you on duty?

If not, no harm no foul then confusing 18 with 19.

Pud

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from hondorondo. Show hondorondo's posts

Rally C, Great post. Generating enthusiasm about the C's is as legitimate reason for posting as any. I agree with you that the element of surprise may prove to be one of our biggest weapons. I believe that we are quite capable of getting to the finals. OKC is an offensive juggernaut and it is hard to imagine us getting past them. But then again, we came back strong from a huge deficit when we plyed them on the road this year and were only a possesion or two away. Plus as we all know to well, most teams are only an injury away from significant change to their strength. Not only is anything possible, we have seen it happen before when we did not think it was possible! Time to get after it! Our Celts have that warrior mentality again and they are rested and ready!

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from cole-ely. Show cole-ely's posts

Unfortunately OKC has been playing horribly.  Neither durant nor westbrook can hit the broad side of a barn right now.  As a C's fan OKC is the least of my worries. 

As a thunder fan, westbrook is my biggest worry.  I think that SanAn and Memphis look like the clear cut favs in the west for sure.

25. This post has been removed.