Tip Your Cap!

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from JayShizzle45. Show JayShizzle45's posts

Tip Your Cap!

Thats it.  Give credit where credit is due.  The Heat played with more passion and intensity, and we just turned the ball over too much to give ourselves a chance.  I dont know why this team has caught the injury bug all of a sudden, but if Pierce and Rondo are not healthy, this thing is all but over. IF they get right in the 4 days off, we still have a chance to hold our end up by winning games 3 and 4 at home...if it goes to 3-1, we are done ,IMO....but Hey, like I said, tip your cap! 

They are doing what they need to do and are showing they have something to prove.  They took a lot of heat over the season and are strutting their stuff, so I'll wait to see what happens at home, but I am not dissapointed to lose first 2 on the road.  This team was supposed to be the best, basically a younger version of our Big 3..so like I said, lift ur chin and tip your cap...Lets even this up at home.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from susan250. Show susan250's posts

Re: Tip Your Cap!

Jay,

I really dislike Miami and even though they are a great team, I won't be happy to see them advance.  I don't feel the same about any other team in the NBA. 

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Karllost. Show Karllost's posts

In Response to Tip Your Cap!:
    [QUOTE]Thats it.  Give credit where credit is due.  The Heat played with more passion and intensity, and we just turned the ball over too much to give ourselves a chance.  I dont know why this team has caught the injury bug all of a sudden, but if Pierce and Rondo are not healthy, this thing is all but over. IF they get right in the 4 days off, we still have a chance to hold our end up by winning games 3 and 4 at home...if it goes to 3-1, we are done ,IMO....but Hey, like I said, tip your cap!  They are doing what they need to do and are showing they have something to prove.  They took a lot of heat over the season and are strutting their stuff, so I'll wait to see what happens at home, but I am not dissapointed to lose first 2 on the road.  This team was supposed to be the best, basically a younger version of our Big 3..so like I said, lift ur chin and tip your cap...Lets even this up at home.
    Posted by JayShizzle45[/QUOTE]

Jay, I agree with you. The Heat are playing better..

What I notice the most is the improvement (I hate saying this) in Lebrons game.  Hes no longer ball hogging, winding up from half court to go 1on1 or flip a last second pass forcing a teammate to chuck it up..

Spols finally got the nuts to insist (I think anyway) that Wade get a handle on the ball much more and that the move moves in their offense.. Lebron seems to have finally gotten the message and hes stopped being the black hole with the ball.

Im actually appreciating his game now... as opposed to depising it the last few years...   gotta give credit even though Im hopin g he falls back into his bad habits

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from GEAUX-TIGRES. Show GEAUX-TIGRES's posts

In Response to Re: Tip Your Cap!:
    [QUOTE]Jay, I really dislike Miami and even though they are a great team, I won't be happy to see them advance.  I don't feel the same about any other team in the NBA. 
    Posted by susan250[/QUOTE]
    Don't tell me you like the Lakers?

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from susan250. Show susan250's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Tip Your Cap! : Don't tell me you like the Lakers?
    Posted by Bralon[/QUOTE]

I would want the Lakers to win the championship before Miami.  I really dislike Miami and realize that they will probably win several championships, but would be very happy if this never happens.  

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from JayShizzle45. Show JayShizzle45's posts

I got no problem telling it like it is....I dont like miami either, but what are you gonn do....I still hate L.A. more.  I give credit to Wade because he is a guy that can go off.....Lebron just takes over after Wade gets control of the game.  we can live with Lebron going for 30 or whatever..but we cant win giving them t/o's that all lead to emphatic dunks that make the crowd go wild.  Rondo has a bad back after he got ran over by Lebron like a mack truck..  K.G. got his shyt put back in his face by L.J.

Def. not a good sight...but I keep everything in perspective, and I said before the series...that the Heat are the one team I can live with losing to, because they were crowned champs before the season started...thats tough to overcome...but I wasnt gonna concede anything to the bulls.

If we dont advance, then I am just hoping for a Grizzlies/Hawks Finals...this way I dont have to watch the Bulls, heat, or L.a....

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from JREwing. Show JREwing's posts

KG looks done-getting piked right and left-Miami is running in over-drive while the Celts are stuck in reverse. I only hope this causes Danny Ainge to get canned so the C's can get a REAL GM & President of Basketball Operations!

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Number6Fan. Show Number6Fan's posts

JR --

Stop the Danny bashing.  We'd be nowhere if Chris Wallace was still the GM.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from notrade. Show notrade's posts

Lebron never wanted to be a ball hogger like Kobe Bryant.  Go back and watch the high school game on ESPN. He shared the ball with guys who didn't do anything in college. 

Lebron would never have ran off Shaq, so he could be the alpha dog. 

People made too much of the celebration. They were so giddy about getting Lebron.They had to brag. Its human nature,when you do something great. You just have to tell someone about it.

What happened to the Cavs and his teammates,when Lebron left. Did their numbers go up?
    I bet Gasol and Bynum and other Lakers would put up better numbers without Kobe,

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Jimmy42Jack0. Show Jimmy42Jack0's posts

good job miami, but we aint done yet...still lots of work to do

good luck celtics

LETS GO HEAT!!!

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

I am not tipping my hat to anybody in the middle of a series.  You guys are nuts! I have never seen a group of dedicated fans give up after two games in the opponents arena.  You will all be changing your tune after Saturday.  I can't believe this fatalist attitude.  If we lose, do it then not now.  

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from JayShizzle45. Show JayShizzle45's posts

Nodoby is waiving the white flag.  I still have hope for this team, but I am tipping my cap to them winning both their home games, which I didnt expect, because I saw us getting one.  So you tip your cap because they played better in the first 2 games.  Its not a loser mentality, but it def. was an eye opener that the Heat are better right now then what they showed us in the regular and the Celtics so far have not shown that they can raise their level of play to match that yet. 

I have been called a homer at times this year so I wouldnt say Im a pessimist or im giving up, but I am simply dealing with the fact that this could be over soon, but I still expect them to win both games at home if the whole team shows up..which hasnt happened yet.  You gotta call it straight man...its just a game....  I am not gonna bet my house on the C's just because there are trolls lurking.  I am gonna tell the truth. 

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheDUDDER. Show TheDUDDER's posts

[QUOTE]Nodoby is waiving the white flag.  I still have hope for this team, but I am tipping my cap to them winning both their home games, which I didnt expect, because I saw us getting one.  So you tip your cap because they played better in the first 2 games.  Its not a loser mentality, but it def. was an eye opener that the Heat are better right now then what they showed us in the regular and the Celtics so far have not shown that they can raise their level of play to match that yet.  I have been called a homer at times this year so I wouldnt say Im a pessimist or im giving up, but I am simply dealing with the fact that this could be over soon, but I still expect them to win both games at home if the whole team shows up..which hasnt happened yet.  You gotta call it straight man...its just a game....  I am not gonna bet my house on the C's just because there are trolls lurking.  I am gonna tell the truth. 

This must be your's and other posters ways of saying you were dead wrong about how much different things were going to be different in game 2 - better coaching, Rondo stepping up, Wade can't do it again, James Jones can't do it again, and of course the Cs are just all around better......

Let me guess until they go back to Miami tied at 2 there will be no threads about the refs, the league, Stern, etc.  The refs will not be a factor in Boston because the Cs will win.......

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from dhajra. Show dhajra's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Tip Your Cap! : I would want the Lakers to win the championship before Miami.  I really dislike Miami and realize that they will probably win several championships, but would be very happy if this never happens.  
    Posted by susan250[/QUOTE]

Absolutely agree, Susan250.  In a weird way, it's kind of fun to be a rival with the Fakers, but I despise Miami, particularly King James. I used to live in Boston, but I currently am living in Florida, and I STILL would rather see the Fakers win than Miami.  If by some chance, Boston does not go on to the Eastern finals, I will cheer wildly for Chicago. 

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from gman101019. Show gman101019's posts

I agree concord its far from over. Especially with the pride the cs have. But you cant deny the heat have been the better team by far,its a credit to the cs that they actually had chances in both games.
    The celtics have to start winning the 50 50 balls that everyone talks about. The year the  celtics won it all, they had the best and deepest team AND they won all those 50 50 balls and hustle plays.  Now they are not the most talented or deepest team AND not winning the hustle game. That wont cut it.
    Hopefully being back home will give us the boost we need.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheDUDDER. Show TheDUDDER's posts

[QUOTE]I agree concord its far from over. Especially with the pride the cs have. But you cant deny the heat have been the better team by far,its a credit to the cs that they actually had chances in both games. The celtics have to start winning the 50 50 balls that everyone talks about. The year the  celtics won it all, they had the best and deepest team AND they won all those 50 50 balls and hustle plays.  Now they are not the most talented or deepest team AND not winning the hustle game. That wont cut it. Hopefully being back home will give us the boost we need.
    Posted by gman101019[/QUOTE]

In the 9 times they have been 0 2 they have been able to come back and win a series ONCE, they are playing a team that has made them look pretty bad 3 straight times over the last few weeks, and of course a team with Celtics pride could easily win 4 out of 5, 2 on the road.... yep it is all coming together for me now.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from JayShizzle45. Show JayShizzle45's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Tip Your Cap! : This must be your's and other posters ways of saying you were dead wrong about how much different things were going to be different in game 2 - better coaching, Rondo stepping up, Wade can't do it again, James Jones can't do it again, and of course the Cs are just all around better...... Let me guess until they go back to Miami tied at 2 there will be no threads about the refs, the league, Stern, etc.  The refs will not be a factor in Boston because the Cs will win.......
    Posted by TheDUDDER[/QUOTE]

Dudder, please take your B.S. somewhere else....your act is way over due for a makeover.

I never mentioned the refs in my thread.  I did however say that Jones would not have a game like that again and I said K.G. wouldnt score 6 pts again.  So, what was I wrong about?  Both things happened but we still lost....shyt happens...atleast Im coming here and being honest....what accountability do you show??  you dont even know what team you are rooting for.  You are a coward *ss vulture with no life who is still mad about being chumped in Brockton trying to play ball.  You are not an athlete and never had any success playing ball, so you hate on anyone or anything related to b-ball.  Why dont you bring you old *ss back to brockton and put your weak skills to the test instead spending all day spewing venemous hate?!  The more you Hate, the more obvious it is you s uck at life and  this is what you do to feel good. I will pray for you...Sooo, what team is it actually that you root for?

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from JREwing. Show JREwing's posts

[QUOTE]JR -- Stop the Danny bashing.  We'd be nowhere if Chris Wallace was still the GM.
    Posted by Number6Fan[/QUOTE]
    Forget Wallace too! I Wish for someone like Kupchak, West, or Dumars

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheDUDDER. Show TheDUDDER's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Tip Your Cap! : Dudder, please take your B.S. somewhere else....your act is way over due for a makeover. I never mentioned the refs in my thread.  I did however say that Jones would not have a game like that again and I said K.G. wouldnt score 6 pts again.  So, what was I wrong about.  Both things happened but we still lost....shyt happens...atleast Im coming here and being honest....what accountability do you show??  you dont even know what team you are rooting for.  You are a coward *ss vulture with no life who is still mad about being chumped in Brockton trying to play ball.  You are not an athlete and never had any success playing ball, so you hate on anyone or anything related to b-ball.  Why dont you bring you old *ss back to brockton and put your weak skills to the test instead spending all day spewing venemous hate?!  The more you Hate, the more obvious it is you s uck at life and it this is what you do to feel good. I will pray for you...Sooo, what team is it actually that you root for?

What accountability do I have?  Well I guess being right provides some.  What I read over and over again was that all kinds of things were going to change and that game two was all but in the bag.

You have no idea what kind of athlete I have been in my life.

And if telling me how my life s ucks makes you feel better about being wrong about the Cs, have at it.

I root for the Cs, always have and always will but I am a realist.  And I call it like I see it.  So when I go back and analyze things and then offer my opinion and turn out to be right I get called names.

Russell Westbrook had a bad game 1 and the thread was aimed directly at me because I have often said that Westbrook is better than Rondo (there are actually idiots on this board that can't even form question whether Rondo is the best in the league).... Rondo has played two pathetic games and there are still those that think Rondo is perfect for this team and that having complete players is a bad thing.  In my mind there is not even a question as to whether Westbrook is better than Rondo but nobody comes out and says that I have been right all along because it would mean that they were wrong and they can't bring themselves to do it.

Say whatever you want, call me whatever names you want but guess what for the 100 posters that things were going to change dramatically from game 1 to game 2 pleaser raise your hand... guess what - won't happen.

I was right and you were wrong, no big deal to me.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from JayShizzle45. Show JayShizzle45's posts

How was I wrong? You were clearly talking about a post I had nothing to do with.  Go find a post where I garaunteed we would win game 2.

I was not involved in the westbrook post...so while I hear your point, it is a weak one, because you didnt prove ME wrong...go talk that B.S. to someone it applies to...and you still didnt asnwer my question...if what you can call yourself a celtics fan, than I killed Bin laden.... who do you think you are fooling??   Your posts say more about the kind of person you are than it does for people simply supporting their team, as we dont play the games we just watch...if YOU ARE a fan of the celtics...than like I said, you are a cowardly fan.  Even a broken clock is right once a day...so you as a fan spend all year talking shyt about the team and dont show up when they win and post everywhere with negativity when they lose!??!?!   this is your claim to fame?  Gimme a break, you are a joke!, and whenever you wanna play some pick up ball, let me know..I'll be a better judge than you of your skills....You are a Liar!  why would I believe you have any game?

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheDUDDER. Show TheDUDDER's posts

[QUOTE]How was I wrong? You were clearly talking about a post I had nothing to do with.  Go find a post where I garaunteed we would win game 2. I was not involved in the westbrook post...so while I hear your point, it is a weak one, because you didnt prove ME wrong...go talk that B.S. to someone it applies to...and you still didnt asnwer my question...if what you can call yourself a celtics fan, than I killed Bin laden.... who do you think you are fooling??   Your posts say more about the kind of person you are than it does for people simply supporting their team, as we dont play the games we just watch...if YOU ARE a fan of the celtics...than like I said, you are a cowardly fan.  Even a broken clock is right once a day...so you as a fan spend all year talking shyt about the team and dont show up when they win and post everywhere with negativity when they lose!??!?!   this is your claim to fame?  Gimme a break, you are a joke!, and whenever you wanna play some pick up ball, let me know..I'll be a better judge than you of your skills....You are a Liar!  why would I believe you have any game?

My argument re. Westbrook is better than Rondo is a weak one?  Only on this board, sorry.  Coach K didn't think so.  There were 5 point guards in the all-star game, Rondo was by far the 5th best.

I don't talk c rap about the team, usually I try to provide information to help individuals form their opinions.  Ignoring information that is available generally weakens one's opinion or at best leaves it less than informed.  So statements are made, opinions provided, projections are made, etc. and they could not be further from the truth and I find quite often dead wrong.

I generally don't whack the team at all, what I do quite often do is question the validity of people's opinions of players.  I often find opinions of players to be way off the mark.  I will give you a perfect example -- when I started posted here Delonte West was all the rage and that they somehow had discovered their point guard of the future late in the first round - one poster dared me to name one point guard in their division that was better than D West - well at the time it was Marbury, Kidd, Iverson, and TJ Ford..... so a statement made by a poster in a complete vacuum was proven wrong as usual but the statements persist and I just try to recognize that there are other players in the league.  Only in Boston are the Cs the Globetrotters and the other 29 teams are the Washington Generals a bunch of nameless, faceless players who could not possibly hold a candle to his counterpart on the Cs roster.

I no longer play basketball - on Easter Sunday in 1989 I was playing a pick up game and broke my right ankle in two places, after months of PT and stretching, etc. I rejoined the team that I played on in a league in Boston and stepped on someone's foot on a fast break and my left knee went backwards and my tibia broke in 9 places - non-weight bearing for 4 months, once that was all set, I rejoined my team and reached in for a pass and tore ligaments in my thumb.  It was at the point I decided to take up golf.

I am sure you are the best amateur basketball player on the planet and I am sure you would be the first to explain it to me as well.

I post all the time, win or lose, winning or losing has almost nothing to do with what I write most of the time.  

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from snakeoil123. Show snakeoil123's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Tip Your Cap! : In the 9 times they have been 0 2 they have been able to come back and win a series ONCE, they are playing a team that has made them look pretty bad 3 straight times over the last few weeks, and of course a team with Celtics pride could easily win 4 out of 5, 2 on the road.... yep it is all coming together for me now.

Obviously the 9 teams in the past are not this years team.  I am not saying that The Celtics will come back and win but stats like the ones you posted are totally irrelevant.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheDUDDER. Show TheDUDDER's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Tip Your Cap! : Obviously the 9 teams in the past are not this years team.  I am not saying that The Celtics will come back and win but stats like the ones you posted are totally irrelevant.
    Posted by snakeoil123[/QUOTE]

Exactly stats are totally irrelevant - for the first time in history a baseball team came back from down 3 in 2007, last year a hockey team for the 2nd time in history came back from down 0 3, and once in the last 9 times the Cs came back from down 0 2..... it points to what one would call probability.....

There is always the possibility that a plane will crash but the probability that it will crash is next to zero but once in a while a plane crashes.  1 out of 9 times the Cs have come back from 0 2.

People say that you are safer flying than driving and I always respond that I have never seen a car accident where 200 people died at once.

Go read Freakanomics and maybe you will see that the stats are completely relevant.

And of course go ahead thinking that winning 4 of 5 against a team that has beaten them by an average of 14 ppg over their last 3 meetings is probable.

Opinions are like a holes, everyone has one... some opinions are better than others.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from majorUpside. Show majorUpside's posts

Hopefully a little home cookin will turn things around. 

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from JayShizzle45. Show JayShizzle45's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Tip Your Cap! : What accountability do I have?  Well I guess being right provides some.  What I read over and over again was that all kinds of things were going to change and that game two was all but in the bag. You have no idea what kind of athlete I have been in my life. And if telling me how my life s ucks makes you feel better about being wrong about the Cs, have at it. I root for the Cs, always have and always will but I am a realist.  And I call it like I see it.  So when I go back and analyze things and then offer my opinion and turn out to be right I get called names. Russell Westbrook had a bad game 1 and the thread was aimed directly at me because I have often said that Westbrook is better than Rondo (there are actually idiots on this board that can't even form question whether Rondo is the best in the league).... Rondo has played two pathetic games and there are still those that think Rondo is perfect for this team and that having complete players is a bad thing.  In my mind there is not even a question as to whether Westbrook is better than Rondo but nobody comes out and says that I have been right all along because it would mean that they were wrong and they can't bring themselves to do it. Say whatever you want, call me whatever names you want but guess what for the 100 posters that things were going to change dramatically from game 1 to game 2 pleaser raise your hand... guess what - won't happen. I was right and you were wrong, no big deal to me.

You still think you are right?  Why not show and celebrate a great celtics win if you are a fan?  No, you would rather come back under your shadow name(pud) and make up some more B.S.- I wasnt wrong then(because I didnt post about Westbrook, EVER) and I am not wrong now, because I will take Rondo any day over that jacker Westbrook who leads the league in t/o's and takes a buncvh of bad shots while Durant should be shooting and he doesnt play defense...but keep rooting for him and we'll keep rooting for Rondo...   Lakers are out and Rondo is a hero = No Dudder on the Board....how ironic....lol - coincidence?? I think not

Sections
Shortcuts