Tired Already???

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from jdm894g. Show jdm894g's posts

Re: Tired Already???

I hear ya Petey.  I was listening to the game on Xm Radio and was dumbfounded at what was going on!!!!  Again, too many turnovers!!!!!

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from CASox. Show CASox's posts

In Response to Tired Already???:
    [QUOTE]Come on Celtics.  After defeating the Heat, we come out and lay an egg against Cleveland.  We looked very slow and passive.  KG has been extremely passive on the offensive end.  And his defense on Hickson was suspect, at best.  He got 15 rebounds though but only one offensive rebound.  I don't care what anyone says, we need more offensive production from the big 3 to be successful. We are going to need more from JON too.  He has had two games to forget and I hope he does forget them.  As horrible as he was last night, he was 5 times worse tonight. At one point, Tommy mentioned that the Celtics had NO second chance points.  I don't know how many we ended up with but I honestly cannot remember us getting any. We got only 3 points from KG, Ray and PP in the 4th quarter.  We won't win too many games with that kind of 4th quarter production.  It's too early to be this lethargic after ONE back-to-back. Other than Baby, we got NOTHING from our bench.  Other than Baby and Rondo, we got nothing from anyone else (oh 15 rebounds from KG). Hope this doesn't become a trend.
    Posted by Petey62[/QUOTE]

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from CASox. Show CASox's posts

[QUOTE]Come on Celtics.  After defeating the Heat, we come out and lay an egg against Cleveland.  We looked very slow and passive.  KG has been extremely passive on the offensive end.  And his defense on Hickson was suspect, at best.  He got 15 rebounds though but only one offensive rebound.  I don't care what anyone says, we need more offensive production from the big 3 to be successful. We are going to need more from JON too.  He has had two games to forget and I hope he does forget them.  As horrible as he was last night, he was 5 times worse tonight. At one point, Tommy mentioned that the Celtics had NO second chance points.  I don't know how many we ended up with but I honestly cannot remember us getting any. We got only 3 points from KG, Ray and PP in the 4th quarter.  We won't win too many games with that kind of 4th quarter production.  It's too early to be this lethargic after ONE back-to-back. Other than Baby, we got NOTHING from our bench.  Other than Baby and Rondo, we got nothing from anyone else (oh 15 rebounds from KG). Hope this doesn't become a trend.
    Posted by Petey62[/QUOTEkk

They looked tired to me too...that 4th quarter was painful... KG knee may not be hurting but he looks awful on the offensive side...Ray has a great game last night but back to back he almost always struggles...JON is useless so far and youre right Doc doesnt trust the bench.....hopefully Delonte will help but I am not encouraged by their offense and the many turnovers... 

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from P34. Show P34's posts

Give the Cavs credit, the Cavs had 6 players scoring in double figures. That doesn't happen very often.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from RUWorthy. Show RUWorthy's posts

Nice post P34.

From what I've seen from last year and this season, the Celtics really need to lift their 4th quarters.

Have to admit I didn't think they'd lose a back to back game this early. But I do expect them to lose to lowly teams this year. Mentally they seem to slacken off against teams they are favourites to beat.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from walton. Show walton's posts

The Celtics are old. Not a criticism, just an observation. They may be a little slow in a number of their "back to backs" this year. Shaq is 38. Allen is 35. Garnett is 34. Peirce is 33. Jermaine an OLD 32. 34 and 35 is old in the NBA. That doesn't mean a player can't be successful but being a core.........franchise player at 34 or 35 is tough. Basketball isn't baseball. It isn't the same as being a center in the NFL or even a quarterback. Basketball is a game of speed and quickness and youth. 82 games. 34 minites a game. That's alot when you are 34 or 35 years old. My hat is off to them if they can play 82 games and about 25 play off games and still have that "bounce" in their legs. 

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Petey62. Show Petey62's posts

P34, you're right but that is only part of the problem.  First off, the Cavs should not have 6 players in double figures if the Celtics played defense like we know we can.  Hickson scoring 21 on KG is unacceptable.  Boobie Gibson scoring 16 is unacceptable.  But honestly, Cleveland played a decent game but my thread is about what WE did not do.

If we play MUCH better defense, if KG, PP and Ray give us more production, especially in the 4th quarter, if one more bench player in addition to Baby gives us something, Cleveland having 6 players in double figures becomes a moot issue (and 3 of the 6 had only 10 points).  It's not like Cleveland had an offensive outburst.

I am really concerned about KG.  He looks like something is wrong offensively.  We HAVE to have more production from him.  He allegedly is trying to be selfless but he's killing us with that approach because he's turning the ball over too much.

In spite of how Cleveland played, if we plan to be a legit title contender, we have to close out games like these.  It's performances like this that makes you a 3rd or 4th seed.  We just cannot afford to lose these games.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Petey62. Show Petey62's posts

walton, you make a great point but we cannot simply attribute lethargic play in back-to-back games IN OCTOBER to our old age.  I can see that being the case in March and April but not in October.  These guys haven't played much in the preseason so they should not be this bad after just the first back-to-back.

That's a scary thought for what's to come if we're this horrible this early.  And honestly, that doesn't account for the lethargic play of our bench too.  As a team, seemed that only Baby and Rondo played with any energy.  And even after getting a nice rest to start the 4th, Ray still came in and gave us nothing.

It IS a long season and are we THAT OLD that we are having issues already after just our first back-to-back?  Scary thought.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from DrBoogiebone. Show DrBoogiebone's posts

personally, I didn't think the officials let us play at all tonight. Nothing but whistles against us when we tried to fight for a rebound. Not that there was a large free throw varience or anything. Am i to believe that the Eastern Champs can no longer play without fouling. Just looked like the officials playing a pity party with their whistles for Cleveland tonight. I too agree, our performance was CRAP! Hope Doc gives them a good tongue lashing.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from RUMcHale. Show RUMcHale's posts

In Response to Re: Tired Already???:
    [QUOTE]personally, I didn't think the officials let us play at all tonight. Nothing but whistles against us when we tried to fight for a rebound. Not that there was a large free throw varience or anything. Am i to believe that the Eastern Champs can no longer play without fouling. Just looked like the officials playing a pity party with their whistles for Cleveland tonight. I too agree, our performance was CRAP! Hope Doc gives them a good tongue lashing.
    Posted by DrBoogiebone[/QUOTE]

I guess we're starting early this season by blaming the refs for when the celtics lose!! 2010 all over again huh.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Karllost. Show Karllost's posts

Truth is the refs were terrible last night. Absolutely terrible!

We could have won the game but honestly, the Cavs deserved it. They were hungry and could have packed it in a few times when we opened up a good lead. They took the game from us and were the better team. 

AV is such a pest on the floor, wish we had him. He gave KG fits just buzzing around him like a mosquito.

Im not sure what lost the game but my first impression is the offense.  More standing around for stretches with ROndo trying to figure out where to go with the ball. Why arent we running more plays? 

KG needs to post for his 5 foot fade aways a few times more. Pierce should have had a field day not having to guard lebron. 

If this was a situation of us being tired cause its a back end of a back2back... welcome to last year. Gonna be tough watching the same thing takeplace.

I think West will help alot when he returns and Doc better draw a line in the sand for Nate to get his &*%$* together or get benched again.

Also, give Quis lots more minutes.. hes earned them imo

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from CHEisCHE. Show CHEisCHE's posts

What did I tell you Petey huh.....fans will cry "sky is falling !!

The last game was nothing but a let down from the anticipated battle between two super transformer...or maybe Stern sent a memo to let Cavs wins just to compensate Cavs funeral like emotion. Now they are back...after Lequit bailed out on them.
    It's a treat!!! 

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from aciemvp. Show aciemvp's posts

yeah, well, the jerlame o'neal project really can't go on forever you know.  if this is what he has to offer then semi erden is better, shelden williams is better and at this point a retired armon gilliam, all 6-9 of him, is probably better.  i cringed when we signed this perpetual injury to a contract. 

and now people are defending the flagrant over-use of ray allen through 2 games with "delonte will be back soon"- well folks, delonte played in 40 some games last year and was either legitimately crazy or injured the rest of the way.  I liked this roster as long as injuries stayed down and effectiveness stayed up. 

if things don't change, there needs to be some roster movement sooner than later.

i have no explanation from this new bumbling garnett.  the one handed rebound attempts to finish last season were bad enough, but letting jjj hickson run the table on you for 23 is horrendous.  he should STILL be able to eat hickson for dinner all the way around, hold him to 12-14 and get his own 20-22.  i think kg needs some time in a storm bunker with bill russell to focus up on the job at hand. 

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from P34. Show P34's posts

[QUOTE]yeah, well, the jerlame o'neal project really can't go on forever you know.  if this is what he has to offer then semi erden is better, shelden williams is better and at this point a retired armon gilliam, all 6-9 of him, is probably better.  i cringed when we signed this perpetual injury to a contract.  and now people are defending the flagrant over-use of ray allen through 2 games with "delonte will be back soon"- well folks, delonte played in 40 some games last year and was either legitimately crazy or injured the rest of the way.  I liked this roster as long as injuries stayed down and effectiveness stayed up.  if things don't change, there needs to be some roster movement sooner than later. i have no explanation from this new bumbling garnett.  the one handed rebound attempts to finish last season were bad enough, but letting jjj hickson run the table on you for 23 is horrendous.  he should STILL be able to eat hickson for dinner all the way around, hold him to 12-14 and get his own 20-22.  i think kg needs some time in a storm bunker with bill russell to focus up on the job at hand. 
    Posted by aciemvp[/QUOTE]

Maybe the KG of 2010-11 is like the Ben Wallace, more rebounds than points.

HAHAHA!!!

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from BiasLewis. Show BiasLewis's posts

Great to see everyone back on board!

95 points is the number. Can the C's get to 95 pts a night. If they can, they will probably win. Ever since game 6 of the Finals, our offense in the 4th quarter has been horrible. It happened in game 7 and it happened the other night vs the Heat.

Another thing I notices is Rondo has got to play better defense. The pick and roll may become a problem with Rondo and Shaq. Rondo likes to reach and Shaq has always had a problem with pick and rolls. Perk would show better and stop penetration. Sessions and Gibson were in the lan all night.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Petey62. Show Petey62's posts

P34, please, I hope not.  KG cannot turn into a Ben Wallace now.  He has one of the deadliest, un-defensible turn around jump shots for a PF in the NBA.  The Celtics HAVE to get offensive production from him to be successful.  If he wants to be Ben Wallace now, maybe it might be time to start Big Baby.

I am hoping that last night was an aberration but this was the norm from last year.  I just cannot understand where these guy's mental toughness is.  It's too early to mail games in.  Maybe we just are not as good as we think we are.

I watched a little of the Miami / Philly game and Miami absolutely "buried" Philly.  At one point the score was 80 - 54.  THAT is how you approach an inferior opponent on the back end of a back to back.  I cannot understand why the Celtics don't do that.

This Cleveland team did not have Bron, Mo, Shaq or Delonte and maybe we DID take them lightly but, at some point, didn't we realize that Cleveland "came to play".  They started Varajeo at center and Ryan Hollins as his backup and beat the Celtics.  Boobie Gibson has been on the bench so long that it's unbelievable that he scored 16.  Embarrassing and the sky isn't falling but last night was horrible.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from heirplain. Show heirplain's posts

[QUOTE]What did I tell you Petey huh.....fans will cry "sky is falling !! The last game was nothing but a let down from the anticipated battle between two super transformer...or maybe Stern sent a memo to let Cavs wins just to compensate Cavs funeral like emotion. Now they are back...after Lequit bailed out on them. It's a treat!!! 
    Posted by CHEisCHE[/QUOTE]

I have to agree on this one. Last night was the Cavs team regeneration night. They needed to win and what do you know..they did!!

In a way it was a good thing (for them)..thanks, David.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from mem17. Show mem17's posts

The second game of a back to back on the road are tough games to win, especially considering the Cavs were playing their first game of the season at home. The Cavs were rested and fired up. The C's were tired. It would have been a gutty win, but the C's faded from fatigue in the second half.
       On a positive note, K.G is rebounding like the K.G during his prime. That's great news.
        I am not discouraged by this loss at all. The C's will be back strong against the Knicks tomorrow evening.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from basketbert. Show basketbert's posts

Back to back games will be a weak point of this team throughout the season. How many will we have?

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from breaktime. Show breaktime's posts

Hey, last year I was ragging Doc and the team about their spotty 2nd half play, as were about 2/3rds of the posters here.  What I learned was, this is a team that can and will rise to the occasion.
    Don't like to see the C's lose, but this loss doesn't faze me.
    Is it something we should expect to see more of this season?
    Probably.
    I hope Doc tries to make the best of it by liberally subsituting in the 2nd game of back to backs.  Maybe even adjusting the starting rotation to rest starters even more.
    It's the start of the season, Doc.  Take a few chances, think out of the box.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from dbeach48. Show dbeach48's posts

"personally, I didn't think the officials let us play at all tonight. Nothing but whistles against us when we tried to fight for a rebound. Not that there was a large free throw varience or anything. Am i to believe that the Eastern Champs can no longer play without fouling. Just looked like the officials playing a pity party with their whistles for Cleveland tonight. I too agree, our performance was CRAP! Hope Doc gives them a good tongue lashing. "

yeh and someone needs to hold Doc accountable for the standing still offense in the 4th

refs seemed to make calls on the Celtics not only poor calls but timed to change momentum

as IF on cue

refs were NOT letting the cleland team lose on their bon voyage opener

and the Celtics defense was AWFUL when it counted most

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from Petey62. Show Petey62's posts

breaktime, you hit the nail on the head.  In the 2nd of back-to-back games, Doc needs to liberally substitute and use his bench.  He not only has to liberally use his bench, he has to stick with them.  Nate struggled last night but as coach, Doc has to coach him up, settle him down and get him on the right track.  It seems that Doc is so comfortable simply removing bench players from the game and re-inserting the starters.  There is no reason Quis played only 18 minutes last night.  Quis should be getting 25 minutes minimum every game.  Quis, Baby and Nate should ALL BE GETTING 25 MINUTES.

It's so early that Doc has to commit to that NOW so these guys can get that chemistry as a 2nd unit.  They look good sometimes in spurts while they struggle other times, but the more you leave them out there, they will eventually become a more cohesive unit.

If you're going to lose a game, don't wear out your older starters.  Not this early.  Doc should play at least 3 (4 when Delonte returns) bench players 25 mins per game, EVERY GAME.  Just do it.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from binbones. Show binbones's posts

Posted by Petey62[/QUOTE]

DIS-DAMN-CUSTING-LOSS....another 4th quarter "meltdown"...

I thought the FINALS game 7 loss was to be a motivating force , yea right!!!

TO ADD INSULT TO INJURY , we get beat by a damn-laker-coach...AGAIN...

we have 16 more back-to-back games...10 more before the all-star break

von wafer plays 7 minutes and takes "zero" shots....

he must shoot the damn ball...

whenever we shoot only one man is crashing the offensive glass...

C'S 2010-2011 4th quarter theme song , ""HERE WE GO AGAIN".....

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from KGLove. Show KGLove's posts

We were leading going into the fourth and yet AGAIN lost the lead and lost control... someone needs to address this .... and Jermaine, it's only been 2 games.. but really come on man!!!!!

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from DrBoogiebone. Show DrBoogiebone's posts

RUMchale, where r u getting "we're" from? Last I looked DrBoogiebone is me, and "I'm" only 1 person. R u including yourself or something?
     "I" didn't c any1 "blaming" the refs for this loss, including myself. I'm saying the officiating was horrible and seemed one-sided to me. I didn't say we lost the game because of the officiating. The C's lost that game, no1 else lost it for them. Am I not entitled to my opinion? Don't twist what I say please.

Sections
Shortcuts