To All the DeAndre Jordan Dreamers

1. This post has been removed.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

Re: To All the DeAndre Jordan Dreamers

The salary cap is an albatross around our neck for one more year. I hope someone like Jordan will be available then.  Recent events have me skeptical it will be Howard.

3. This post has been removed.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

The draft, that will be a painful process. With Dwight in New Jersey bad times could already be here.

5. This post has been removed.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

Fierce,
    I was one of those that agreed with you.  Now we see the price we will pay.

I kept saying that Doc and Danny had to have a plan when Doc resigned but now I am wondering what they had in mind.

7. This post has been removed.

8. This post has been removed.

9. This post has been removed.

10. This post has been removed.

11. This post has been removed.

12. This post has been removed.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Getzo. Show Getzo's posts

The draft in basketball is useless if you don't get a top 5 pick.

Not like football where there are hits throughout 250 players.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Celtsfan4life. Show Celtsfan4life's posts

Getzo,

You're right in that we won't get the mega star outside the top 5 picks.

However, the draft is not useless after the top 5.  You will get a LOT of stars after the top 5.  Witness these players taken after the 5th pick in recent years......wouldn't we LOVE to have a few of them (and that's where we got Rondo and BBD, by the way):

Joakim Noah, Stephen Curry, DeMar DeRozan, Jrue Holiday, Ty Lawson, Eric Gordon, Brook Lopez, Robin Lopez, Roy Hibbert, Serge Ibaka, Danilo Gallinari, Wilson Chandler, Carl Landry, Rajon Rondo, Brandon Roy, Glen Davis, Danny Granger, David Lee.......

you get the point.   Take two or three of these types and one mega star from free agency and you have a darn good team

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Getzo. Show Getzo's posts

In Response to Re: To All the DeAndre Jordan Dreamers:
    [QUOTE]Getzo, You're right in that we won't get the mega star outside the top 5 picks. However, the draft is not useless after the top 5.  You will get a LOT of stars after the top 5.  Witness these players taken after the 5th pick in recent years......wouldn't we LOVE to have a few of them (and that's where we got Rondo and BBD, by the way): Joakim Noah, Stephen Curry, DeMar DeRozan, Jrue Holiday, Ty Lawson, Eric Gordon, Brook Lopez, Robin Lopez, Roy Hibbert, Serge Ibaka, Danilo Gallinari, Wilson Chandler, Carl Landry, Rajon Rondo, Brandon Roy, Glen Davis, Danny Granger, David Lee....... you get the point.   Take two or three of these types and one mega star from free agency and you have a darn good team .  
    Posted by Celtsfan4life[/QUOTE]

I do understand but agian I am not sold on the NBA draft at all.  And right now in the NBA - to get a mega star - you need to already have one.   

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

In Response to Re: To All the DeAndre Jordan Dreamers:
    [QUOTE]I would amnesty KG and sign Jordan. And start JJ at power forward with Jordan, Pierce, Ray, and Rondo.
    Posted by Kirk6[/QUOTE]

KG has 1 more year in him of being a better player than DeAndre Jordan... the Clippers can match ANY offer for him anyhow... and we now have a so many guys under contract that to amnesty KG would free up only 3-4 million... not the 12-13 million needed to maybe get the Clippers to think about not matching.

Give it up on Jordan alreadyand why would you start JJ, an unproven rookie, over Bass? A proven player. Gotta at least make sure Johnson beats him out

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

Next season we will have Rondo-Pierce-West-Avery-JJ and Bass under contract... that is about 43 million in salary.

We can attempt to offer big money to all the restricted free agents from the class of 2008, obviously SG/C being the biggest needs.

We can use that 15 million in cap space on a free agent or two and then re-sign our own guys using the MLE/mini-MLE/etc.

Or we can do multiple sign and trades with Green/KG/Ray all being Bird rights players.

We can combine Avery/Moore/Johnson and draft picks (since we should have 2) in deals to get maybe one young star to pair with a Rondo-Pierce-Green-West foursome that should still be very competitive.

Lots of options

18. This post has been removed.

19. This post has been removed.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from BoylestonBB. Show BoylestonBB's posts

Wow $11m a year for someone with little post up game and really just dunks and blocks shots.  The modern NBA

21. This post has been removed.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from BoylestonBB. Show BoylestonBB's posts

Sterling maybe changing his ways.  Blake Griffin is the biggest asset he has had which seems to be encouraging additional investment in the team.  Whether it is wise, that is another question.