To All The Rondo Haters

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Kane3387. Show Kane3387's posts

To All The Rondo Haters

Too all you Rondo bashers...

This article espn.go.com....   should serve to educate you...

These two paragraphs sum it up.

But just how pronounced is the difference in Pierce's offensive production when Rondo is on the court? Consider this: With Rondo this season, Pierce is averaging 28.3 points per 48 minutes, while shooting 55.1 percent overall from the floor, including 51 percent from beyond the 3-point stripe. When Rondo is off the court, Pierce is averaging 19.6 points per 48 minutes, while shooting 39.7 percent, including a mere 6.7 percent from 3-point land. 

Maybe it's not too surprising that most Celtics players are more productive with the assist-happy Rondo on the court, but Pierce's raw 3-point stats alone show the impact of Rondo. Pierce, the NBA's reigning 3-point champion, is 25-of-49 on 3-pointers with Rondo is on the floor and just 1-of-15 when he's not.

Still think Rondo's not the key to this team?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from alchow00. Show alchow00's posts

Re: To All The Rondo Haters

In Response to Re: To All The Rondo Haters:
    All you Rondo lovers are stupid, get off the post. None of you know what your talking about. I am not a Rondo hater, but a Celtic lover. And I want what best for my team. Do any of you even know what that means. All I read from you guys is rondo's this and that. You choose to ignore his lack of shooting and free throws, saying that's ok like it doesn't make a difference. Your stupid, It does make a difference, you just don't know the differences. There are other PG's that can run this team with the same results, it's just that the other 4 guys don't have to work as hard to make up for what the 1 guy lacks. But you guys are too stupid to even know what I mean. If You got something to say bring it on, I'll take you all on, dumb smucks.
    Posted by oldtimerceltfan

So Nate shoots better than Rondo and he should be starting point guard on this team?

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Karllost. Show Karllost's posts

Rondo is THE REASON our team shoots over 50%!

He sets up so many easy shots... thats the real beauty in his assist stats.

Its one thing to throw the ball out to the 3 pt circle and a hot hand drills it. Assists will add up..but Rondo gets alot of assists by creating easy shots for his team. Thats why such a high FG% for the Celtics. As much as I like Nate and hope to see him in some spots late in the game, theres no way Rondo isnt the starter. Not even a question.

btw, Rondo continues to play horrible 1on1 defense. I focused on him again last night vs Nuggets. Hes so easily brushed off on picks, hes a defensive liability imo... and its not just because of his hamstring/foot... been this way for long time.  Take the good with the bad.

Also, anyone catch Rondos first assist last night??  the one to Ray for a 3 for the first bucket of the game... unreal

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Double-T. Show Double-T's posts

All you Rondo lovers are stupid, get off the post. None of you know what your talking about. I am not a Rondo hater, but a Celtic lover. And I want what best for my team. Do any of you even know what that means. All I read from you guys is rondo's this and that. You choose to ignore his lack of shooting and free throws, saying that's ok like it doesn't make a difference. Your stupid, It does make a difference, you just don't know the differences. There are other PG's that can run this team with the same results, it's just that the other 4 guys don't have to work as hard to make up for what the 1 guy lacks. But you guys are too stupid to even know what I mean. If You got something to say bring it on, I'll take you all on, dumb smucks.

Wow, you're out to lunch, you have no clue or concept of the game.  

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from BaileyPowe. Show BaileyPowe's posts

who needs to see a more brilliant play?

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from gtown07. Show gtown07's posts

As far as I know, there is only "ONE" Rondo hater/basher. So, take the "s" out.
    Posted by CHEisCHE

That depends on whether you count as "bashers" all the point guard who can shoot the "J" nuts who keep insisting that Nate should play at the end of the game.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from oldtimerceltfan. Show oldtimerceltfan's posts

In Response to Re: To All The Rondo Haters : Wow, you're out to lunch, you have no clue or concept of the game.  
    Posted by Double-T

You have just proved my point, that you have no idea what i'm saying to you. I'll wipe the floor with you on the concept of this game.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from BaileyPowe. Show BaileyPowe's posts

wow, oldtimer. testy, testy. of all the PGs you've seen come and go, who ya like? throw in some concept.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from puddinpuddin. Show puddinpuddin's posts

In Response to Re: To All The Rondo Haters : You have just proved my point, that you have no idea what i'm saying to you. I'll wipe the floor with you on the concept of this game.

Oldtimer: Rondo and his legion of adoring fans honor the way the game should be played about as much as the Lakers honor his midrange shot/FT shooting when the game is on the line.

What.... Rondo tries to "redefine" the PG position w/o having to shoot?

Sounds like something straight out of the WNBA.

Pud

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Celtsfan4life. Show Celtsfan4life's posts

Come on oldtimer......give the kids a LOT more credit.  He has only 1 and a half weaknesses:   He doesn't shoot consistently well (he does hit the open J sometimes) and he can sometimes get lazy on D (this is the 1/2 point).   But, he's hands down the best passing point guard in the game, controls the game like a magician, great fast breaking when he's not hurt, sick level of assists, best rebounding point guard in the league, and a steal leader (lower this season due to his hamstring issue).   For THIS team, we do not need a shooting point guard, we need a passing point guard.  The reason Ray, Paul, Shaq, and KG don't have to worry about getting the ball enough is that this point guard distributes the rock.  If he were trying to shoot more, the team would have more strife related to who's not getting their shots.  Even with the unselfish team we have, losses would make guys think they should have gotten more shots.  Rondo eliminates that problem and this alone makes him monstrously valuable.

He may not be the best in the league, but he's truly great for this team (and I argue that only Chris Paul is truly better at what we need on this team).

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from jtkl. Show jtkl's posts

In Response to Re: To All The Rondo Haters :   Ask Coach K and Team USA how they endured the hardships.... without Rondo? Pud
    Posted by puddinpuddin

Err, Give us Derrick Rose (like team USA had) and we won't have to worry so much about hardships without Rondo. Otherwise I worry, as he one of the best in the league. You didn't see Nate Robison logging many minutes for Team USA did you? In fact, you did see him get invited to try out. There is a reason for that he is not as good as Rondo.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from jtkl. Show jtkl's posts

Jason Kidd, had a terrible jumper early in his career. Michael Jordan's wasn't that great either. People who are defending Rondo aren't saying he doesn't have short comings. Name me a player that doesn't? He is still one of the top point guards in the league. And the fact is the celtics offense is more effcient (statiscally proven) with him on the court than with him off it.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from maverick685. Show maverick685's posts

Oldtimer... If you have some concept how about sharing it?  First of all, I don't understand why you're assaulting everyone, especially personally.  Having an opinion different than yours doesn't make someone stupid.  That's exactly what it is, too, and opinion.  You can't prove that your "concept" is better than someone else's.  There have been offensive teams that won titles (showtime lakers) and defensive teams (08 celtics).  Most poeple agree that defense is the better bet, but that doesn't mean offense is stupid.  The "Rondo Lovers" here are legitimately explaining their standpoint and throwing in statistics to back it up.. which is much more than what you've done.  Apparently your standpoint is that point guards should be Ray Allen?  Ray Allen is a great shooting guard... but not a good point guard.  Sure, the ideal would be someone who CAN shoot well but doesn't shoot all of the time (Steve Kerr on the Bulls), but he couldn't hold a candle to Rondo when it came to running an offense.
    Also, why do you think Rondo needs to shoot?  He has proven many times that he can score (historic triple doubles, both in the regular season and playoffs.. .even the FINALS vs Kobe Bryant).  If he can score on the inside why does he need to score on the outside?  Early Jordan scored the majority of his points on the inside and had a terrible 3 point shot.. and he was a SHOOTING guard.. was he bad?  Didn't think so.  Rondo is a POINT guard, he's there to run the offense.
    The floor is yours, sir.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from datruthpp34. Show datruthpp34's posts

Still,rondo's FT terrible ,he's jumper terrible too.As a PG rondo need those FT and Jumpshot go in.If he did that in the finels.Kobe wouldn't be double teaming, larking around to get those rebounds.We could have won that game if rondo can shot long range like u know 20 foot j or sumthing..my point is,rondo is not an elite pg yet till he improve those 2.,assist is good as long his team making shot but that doesnt get u over the bump. 

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from dboss. Show dboss's posts

Rondo is a versy special player but perhaps not special enough for some fans that do not appreciate a PG that can run an offense with precision.

I saw a recent update on the top 100 active NBA players as voted on by the Players and Raion was rated # 16 of all 100 players.

last year he was all defensive 1st team and an all star.  I'll take the word of players around the league

The great Bob Cousy who most of you never saw play, was a career .375 shooter from the field and a truly magnificent PG.

I do not think that fans are rondo haters although p appears to be one.  i think fans look to find something wrong with a player.  Every single player has something about them that needs work.  But it is really only fair when you examine the full body of work.

Case in point last night Rondo threw a no look lefthanded over the shoulder pass after driving the lane to Ray Allen.  There is not another player in the NBA who can do that.

That's wat makes this kid special.

He is the best PG in the NBA. 

dboss

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from jtkl. Show jtkl's posts

Still,rondo's FT terrible ,he's jumper terrible too.As a PG rondo need those FT and Jumpshot go in.If he did that in the finels.Kobe wouldn't be double teaming, larking around to get those rebounds.We could have won that game if rondo can shot long range like u know 20 foot j or sumthing..my point is,rondo is not an elite pg yet till he improve those 2.,assist is good as long his team making shot but that doesnt get u over the bump. 
    Posted by go-to-guy+pp34

Sure, but credit the Lakers they expoited a weakness of Rondo's and they are one of the teams that had the personel to do it. Kobe also went 6-24 I beleive during that game 7. I don't think Laker fans are sitting around saying, "if we just had a decent shooting guard we'd be so much better."

Rondo is an eilite point guard. he has incredible court vision, is very smart, a great rebounder, and an all NBA defensive player--twice! He also doesn't shoot well and is below average free throw shooter.  

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from bilalkazmi. Show bilalkazmi's posts

In Response to Re: To All The Rondo Haters :   Ask Coach K and Team USA how they endured the hardships.... without Rondo? Pud
    Posted by puddinpuddin

You have a knack for introducing irrelavent arguments that amount to zilch.

The world championship for basketball is not even close to being as competitive as the NBA.  And please don't respond by saying, "then how come a few years ago USA had a hard time winning."  Its because our players don't get the opportunity to gel.  Even then, as of late, we have been squashing every other team.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from bilalkazmi. Show bilalkazmi's posts

Case in point last night Rondo threw a no look lefthanded over the shoulder pass after driving the lane to Ray Allen.  There is not another player in the NBA who can do that. That's wat makes this kid special. Posted by dboss

In the history of NBA, a very select group of players would have been able to throw such a pass.  Rondo throws at least one almost impossible pass every game he plays.

It isn't a conincidence that the Celtics have the highest field goal percentage in the NBA (and by a significant margin).  Rondo makes everyone around him extremely efficient.  For a team with aging players, this ability of Rondo is priceless for the Celtics.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Petey62. Show Petey62's posts

jtkl, I agree with you that Rondo is an elite point guard.  However, I'd like to see him score more and commit more to the defensive end.  Right now (nba.com), Rondo is nowhere in the category of scoring among PGs in the NBA.  He is currently 4th in rebounding and 1st in assists by a wide margin.  What does this mean?

NBA.COM has a category called "Pts/Rebs/Asts" and Rondo is 8th among PGs.  When you look at this, Westbrook is number one with Rose a close second and Deron Williams in third place.

Does this mean these guys are better all-around players than Rondo, "statistically"?  Rondo is a decent rebounder, as are Westbrook and Paul.  Rondo's assisting at a 14.1 per game clip but we all know that will more less level off around 11 or 12 as the season goes.  However, Paul dishes out 10.5 and Westbrook 8.6.  And scoring is a "no contest".  What does this mean?

Is it better to have a guard who's consistently productive across the board (and not seriously lacking in any one category) or one who is exceptional in one area, among the best in others, but uniquely and seriously lacking in others unlike the other PGs?

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from BaileyPowe. Show BaileyPowe's posts

in the celtics' case, that's a very easy question. the answer is the latter. you take your resources and you utilize them in the most effective way possible. 

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from shines01. Show shines01's posts

petey

You cant deny the Celts are stocked from top to botton with outstanding offensive players.  Rondo is doing precisely wht he needs to do in that environment:  playmaker.  So far he is the best setup man in the game.  by a factor of better than 40% over his next competitor, Steve Nash (the two time MVP)

Thats's it.  No more Rondo defense posts.  You Rondo haters seem to have a pathological hatred.  It's certainly not rational criricism.  If he goes another year without improving his FG and FT shooting I will begin to get concerned.  That aspect is simply not that important on a team with Shaq, Pierce, Ray Ray and KG.  I know what a completely dominating inpact a Rondo individual offensive game could have.  It's just not necessary.  He hits the bailouts.  His FG% is pretty hig among guards (once again).  I know its because he drives and doesnt settle for the J.  On the rebroadcast, I just watched Rondo bury one when they sagged.  He is adequate.  His FT shooting leaves a lot top be desired but im gonna make aprediction and say he ends his career at 80% and a career average of 75%.

No more Rondo defense posts.  If you dont understand Rondo's contributions youre just a lame brain.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from Petey62. Show Petey62's posts

Shines01, I don't think YOU are the judge and jury who decides the completion of this thread or "discussion".  Actually, that's NOT it!  People ARE using fair and rational criticism whether or not you agree.

When you say "If he goes another year without improving his FG and FT shooting I will begin to get concerned" did you ever stop to think that some people on here may be just a bit more "forward-thinking" than you and see this flaw NOW as a flaw that IS NOT improving (not separating FG and FT but lumping "shooting" as one skillset)?  Maybe these posters ARE on to something.  While it's going to take you one more year, there are folks who believe he should have improved much more than he has NOW.  You can't argue that.

And ask yourself this too, why in the world would Rondo WAIT until KG, PP, RA are gone/about to go to develop a better shot?  Rondo has the best teacher available to him RIGHT NOW, Ray Allen, to teach him how to shoot better.

QUESTION -- DO YOU SEE A MARKED IMPROVEMENT IN RONDO'S SHOOTING SINCE HE WORKED WITH MARK PRICE?  Respectfully, I do not!

I find it hard to believe that next year and the year after Rondo will finally find a shot.  And all posters need to stop alluding to Michael Jordan NOT having a shot for his first 4/5 years.  To use your phrase "That's it".  Jordan scored 58 points in his 3rd season.  He had 10,000 points in his 5th season.  His shot was GOOD ENOUGH to post those kind of numbers so let's stop comparing Rondo's slowly developing shot with Michael Jordan's.

I'd even take Rondo becoming a better scorer but that would take sharpening his shot.  Rondo is the heart of the Celtics-no doubt, but let's not be oblivious to the elephant in the room.  Oh, you'll begin to acknowledge it next year.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from KGLove. Show KGLove's posts

19 and 14 .... who said he couldn't shoot? No Shaq and Marquis didnt even put up a shot... he stepped up when we needed him .... can we please give the guy a break now

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ortiz123. Show Ortiz123's posts

Don't get me wrong I love the kid. But he has to learn to take the open shot in
    the flow of the offense. He passes up too many good shots, and then is forced to take some bad shots with the clock winding down. If he takes these shots on a consistant basis, It will open up the floor even more so, because they will not be able to leave him alone anymore. This woul make the Celts and even more danger!ous ! In the playoffs when the game slows down, they will lagg off hime
    and double the othrs...I think this guy will eventually be a decent shooter.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from P34. Show P34's posts

Tonight I saw Rondo hit 2 perimeter jump shots when his defender went under the pick. 

Sections
Shortcuts