To all the we are better off with nate than Rondo bashers

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from KGLove. Show KGLove's posts

Re: To all the we are better off with nate than Rondo bashers

We were good until Shaq fouled out and we didn't have Semih to back him up....

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from b12696. Show b12696's posts

In Response to Re: To all the we are better off with nate than Rondo bashers:
    West is our best point and best chance to win a title, Rondo is great with the subpar teams, but when we play Miami for real and Wade guards Rondo and everybody eles, or when we play Lakers and Koby guards Rondo and everybody else, we are in trouble.  Rondo shows he can shoot the jumper in big games, they will still let him shoot because he does not scare them with his outside shot.  West is our best point, please get well soon. Or get us a point that can finish game for us.  Shack and Rondo on the court at the end of games is a opposition coach best dream.
    Posted by maryngary

West was not even the starting PG on the Cavs. Just because he is a better shooter than Rondo doesn't mean he is a better player, certainly not a better PG. Is Ray Allen better than Lebron James? Name one thing that West does better than Rondo other than shooting?

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Icon11. Show Icon11's posts

In Response to Re: To all the we are better off with nate than Rondo bashers : I agree I wish we would get another guard.  How about Antoinio Daniels?  He would be a upgrade over what we got.  With that being said we still are doing OK
    Posted by OneOnOne

Daniels was out all last year because of an injury and was trying to show he is healthy in the NBDL where he was playing really well.  Sad to say he hurt his hand and is out for a month.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from puddinpuddin. Show puddinpuddin's posts

In Response to Re: To all the we are better off with nate than Rondo bashers : Give it up puddinhead, the Celtics will not / do not win #18 without Rondo.
    Posted by Double-T

The C's will not win #18 without both a healthy, competent PG and a healthy competent BUPG.

In the regular season, we can beat a lot of teams without either as we are doing now... but in the playoffs we will need both. 

Pud

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from puddinpuddin. Show puddinpuddin's posts

In Response to Re: To all the we are better off with nate than Rondo bashers : West was not even the starting PG on the Cavs. Just because he is a better shooter than Rondo doesn't mean he is a better player, certainly not a better PG. Is Ray Allen better than Lebron James? Name one thing that West does better than Rondo other than shooting?
    Posted by b12696

Simply said, he doesn't go AWOL when the game is on the line.

How about the intangibles.... courage and leadership at crunch time.

He wants the ball when the game is on the line.

He knows what to do with it.

He isn't scared to take the big shot. He can make the big shot.

He spreads the floor at crunch time making the defense honor his shot.

These are huge assets that Rondo doesn't have... that a PG has to have.

Pud

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Icon11. Show Icon11's posts

In Response to Re: To all the we are better off with nate than Rondo bashers : Simply said, he doesn't go AWOL when the game is on the line. How about the intangibles.... courage and leadership at crunch time. He wants the ball when the game is on the line. He knows what to do with it. He isn't scared to take the big shot. He can make the big shot. He spreads the floor at crunch time making the defense honor his shot. These are huge assets that Rondo doesn't have... that a PG has to have. Pud
    Posted by puddinpuddin

Cool. Well last year Delonte averaged 8 and 3 for Cleveland in 25 minutes a game.  Then he got arrested.  Then he broke his wrist.  So once Delonte gets healthy in 6 weeks or so and gets healthy and shows that he is ready to play physically, mentally and emotionally maybe that would be a really good time for you to bring this all up again.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from bilalkazmi. Show bilalkazmi's posts

In Response to Re: To all the we are better off with nate than Rondo bashers : Simply said, he doesn't go AWOL when the game is on the line. How about the intangibles.... courage and leadership at crunch time. He wants the ball when the game is on the line. He knows what to do with it. He isn't scared to take the big shot. He can make the big shot. He spreads the floor at crunch time making the defense honor his shot. These are huge assets that Rondo doesn't have... that a PG has to have. Pud
    Posted by puddinpuddin

We already have a lot of people that are more than eager to take on these responsibilities in the crunch.  If Delonte exhibits this types of things in the crunch, then great because there is no reason Rondo and Delonte cannot be in the game in the crunch at the same time.

But, remember, we already have PP and RA who always always step up in the crunch and want to take all the shots thrown their way.

You throw in arguments that are not necessarily true.  All teams require scorer who WANT to step up in the crunch.  It does not have to be your PG.  Ideally, you want ALL of your players to be that way, because then you have a lot of options in the crunch.  Good teams have several of such options.  We have:

Paul Pierce
    Ray Allen
    Nate Robinson
    Delonte West
    Big Baby
    Shaq (although teams run hack-a-shaq so he can't be on the floor)

With so many available options, we DO NOT need Rondo to also exhibit such characteristics.  It is NOT REQUIRED.  If he were to exhibit them then IT WOULD BE BONUS.

The only thing required to a PG is to look for the best options on each possession and to call smart plays.  Rondo excels at this.  In fact, he does it better than every other PG in the league.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from wozzy. Show wozzy's posts

Posted by puddinpuddin

Dudder is here telling us how West is better than Rondo... LOL!!!

When West was a Celtic starter a few seasons ago he couldn't find one thing to like about West...

Beyond disappearing in the playoffs he also made it with LeBron's mom which caused a fracture in the Cavs locker room right before the playoffs... yeah, you're right Delonte in invaluable.

Rondo is the most dominant defender and game manager at the point guard position in the NBA, get over it.  He doesn't have to prove anything because he already has a ring, get over it.  A basketball ball player doesn't have to be a deadeye shooter to be the best player on the floor, ask Shaq, Jason Kidd or any number of All Star players over the years who were dominant... get over it.

Rondo is consistently referred to as the best player on the floor by announcers but Dudder ignores this to spout his troll drivel... aren't the Knicks playing well Dud, shouldn't you be watching them?

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from puddinpuddin. Show puddinpuddin's posts

In Response to Re: To all the we are better off with nate than Rondo bashers : Cool. Well last year Delonte averaged 8 and 3 for Cleveland in 25 minutes a game.  Then he got arrested.  Then he broke his wrist.  So once Delonte gets healthy in 6 weeks or so and gets healthy and shows that he is ready to play physically, mentally and emotionally maybe that would be a really good time for you to bring this all up again.
    Posted by Icon11

The very first game back after the suspension and with Delonte in the game, PP drives to the hoop and kicks it out to Delonte for a corner three with the game on the line.

He stepped right into the shot, no hesitation.. and missed! But he wasn't scared. And he knew what to do.

Say the same about Rondo.

Pud

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from gtown07. Show gtown07's posts

Posted by puddinpuddin

And what game did he play for the Celtics or the Cavaliers that you can point to as evidence?

You are just making stuff up every time you post.

You have been proven wrong about Nate so now you are switching to Delonte and you are wrong there as well.

There are just too many people who are a lot, as in light years, better at estimating talent who disagree with you about Rondo. You should give it up as you are making a fool of yourself.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from gtown07. Show gtown07's posts

In Response to Re: To all the we are better off with nate than Rondo bashers : The very first game back after the suspension and with Delonte in the game, PP drives to the hoop and kicks it out to Delonte for a corner three with the game on the line. He stepped right into the shot, no hesitation.. and missed! But he wasn't scared. And he knew what to do. Say the same about Rondo. Pud
    Posted by puddinpuddin

Can't because Rondo would have fired it back to Pierce for a layup which Pierce would have made.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from OneOnOne. Show OneOnOne's posts

In Response to Re: To all the we are better off with nate than Rondo bashers : West was not even the starting PG on the Cavs. Just because he is a better shooter than Rondo doesn't mean he is a better player, certainly not a better PG. Is Ray Allen better than Lebron James? Name one thing that West does better than Rondo other than shooting?
    Posted by b12696

Which shooting are we talking about?

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from puddinpuddin. Show puddinpuddin's posts

In Response to Re: To all the we are better off with nate than Rondo bashers : Can't because Rondo would have fired it back to Pierce for a layup which Pierce would have made.
    Posted by gtown07

Can't because...... if PP had kicked the ball out to Rondo for the game winning shot, Rondo would have bobbled it or shuffled his feet turning the ball over as the buzzer sounded.

Pierce had full confidence in Delonte to take the shot...  which he did.

I am simply not used to watching the level of fright that Rondo exhibits in an NBA player. I don't know quite what to make of it.

Maybe you do.

Pud

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Icon11. Show Icon11's posts

In Response to Re: To all the we are better off with nate than Rondo bashers : The very first game back after the suspension and with Delonte in the game, PP drives to the hoop and kicks it out to Delonte for a corner three with the game on the line. He stepped right into the shot, no hesitation.. and missed! But he wasn't scared. And he knew what to do. Say the same about Rondo. Pud
    Posted by puddinpuddin

Did you miss the part about Delonte averaging 8 and 3 last year in 25 a game, then getting arrested?  Can't say that about Rondo either.

Come on man.  The thing that is hilarious about this is that I honestly think there are at least 10 point guards out there that are as good as Rondo.  But West isn't one of them.  You know that right?

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from bilalkazmi. Show bilalkazmi's posts

In Response to Re: To all the we are better off with nate than Rondo bashers : Can't because...... if PP had kicked the ball out to Rondo for the game winning shot, Rondo would have bobbled it or shuffled his feet turning the ball over as the buzzer sounded. Pierce had full confidence in Delonte to take the shot...  which he did. I am simply not used to watching the level of fright that Rondo exhibits in an NBA player. I don't know quite what to make of it. Maybe you do. Pud
    Posted by puddinpuddin

An NBA game comprises of full 48 minutes (if the game doesn't go into overtime).  Crunch time is defined as the last 5 minutes of the game IF the game is closely contested.  A good % of games are not even closely contested.

So, based on these numbers, an overwhelming majority of the game is played in the "Non Crunch" mode.  Rondo is a stud in the "Non Crunch" mode.  Announcers, on a regular basis, mention that Rondo is dominating the game even when the game includes players like Lebron, Wade, Howard, Rose and even Kobe. 

So mathematically speaking, Rondo is a stud.  Even based on your definitions.

Now, for the "Crunch" time (which is a small portion of game time) you say Rondo stinks.  First of all, I disagree.  I think he is a stud here as well.  But even if he wasnt, overall he is still a stud because he plays like that through most of the game.

Get over it.  Seriously.  You, Dudder and Aciemvp are like broken records.  You site the same reasons over and over again, mean while Rondo keeps dishing assists, getting Ws, and leading his team to a leage leading FG% (by a huge margin to the second spot).

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from puddinpuddin. Show puddinpuddin's posts

In Response to Re: To all the we are better off with nate than Rondo bashers : Did you miss the part about Delonte averaging 8 and 3 last year in 25 a game, then getting arrested?  Can't say that about Rondo either. Come on man.  The thing that is hilarious about this is that I honestly think there are at least 10 point guards out there that are as good as Rondo.  But West isn't one of them.  You know that right?
    Posted by Icon11

West's stats last year are not terribly important. The arrest is irrelevant.

Rondo's fiasco joining, then quiting TEAM USA and shooting 25% against the Lakers.... regrettable... but so what?

I'm talking about who may be better in pressure situations this season for the C's.

Rondo's fright when the game is on the line I find very troubling.  Courage under pressure is something I look for and expect in an NBA PG. With Rondo I see lapses in courage... and it makes me very uncomfortable.

How do you deal with this? Or do you?

Pud

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

In Response to Re: To all the we are better off with nate than Rondo bashers : West's stats last year are not terribly important. The arrest is irrelevant.   Rondo's fiasco joining, then quiting TEAM USA and shooting 25% against the Lakers.... regrettable... but so what? I'm talking about who may be better in pressure situations this season for the C's. Rondo's fright when the game is on the line I find very troubling.  Courage under pressure is something I look for and expect in an NBA PG. With Rondo I see lapses in courage... and it makes me very uncomfortable. How do you deal with this? Or do you? Pud
    Posted by puddinpuddin

Puddin loves taking massive dumps on this site, I can smell his negative anti-fan stench as soon as I see his name next to a thread on the big board

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Icon11. Show Icon11's posts

In Response to Re: To all the we are better off with nate than Rondo bashers : West's stats last year are not terribly important. The arrest is irrelevant.   Rondo's fiasco joining, then quiting TEAM USA and shooting 25% against the Lakers.... regrettable... but so what? I'm talking about who may be better in pressure situations this season for the C's. Rondo's fright when the game is on the line I find very troubling.  Courage under pressure is something I look for and expect in an NBA PG. With Rondo I see lapses in courage... and it makes me very uncomfortable. How do you deal with this? Or do you? Pud
    Posted by puddinpuddin

Everything you are saying is subjective.  Honestly you just have to be trolling with the above post. I don't really feel like getting drawn into an argument with someone that says that stats are not terribly important and that an NBA player being arrested is irrelevant and then tries to judge "courage" by sitting on his couch at home watching TV eating cheetos.

West is playing for the veterans minimum and trying to save his career because no one wanted to touch him.  Please stop pretending that you don't know that.  Seriously man stop playing around.  

The following is from the basketball outsider "The common sense on West is that he brings unquestionable effort, steady ball handling off the bullpen and good midrange shooting but not much else. After a shaky start of the season in which West was diagnosed as being bipolar and was arrested after officers pulled him over the speeding limit on a three-wheeled (important to note that) motorcycle while carrying two loaded handguns and a loaded shotgun inside a guitar case, West played 60 games last season and in 36 of those, he scored in single digits."

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

Pud,
    Rondo's fright when the game is on the line is one of the most absurd things you could say about him.  Nobody in the league is as poker faced and fearless as this little guy.  What are you talking about, the guy wins games in dramatic spell binding fashion.  I have always hoped your comments where sincere but now like many others here I wonder who are you baiting what do you want to achieve by calling black white and white black. Rondo is a NBA stud plain and simple.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from JamezHill24. Show JamezHill24's posts

so..the game in the playoffs where kg throws to pierce, pierce to rondo, and rondo cooly sinks a reverse layup..looked nervous there. game 2 of the finals. a little over a min left..aka "crunch time" rondo goes through his progressions..nothing? sinks a cool jumper in kobes face..looked real nervous there..i remember. end of the mavs game, clock going down, looks through his progessions, nothing there. takes the 3. misses it. now according to you, it doesnt matter that he missed it, bc "he took the shot. he knew what to do." right? so if your going to state reasons why rondo is trash, worthless, at least back up your statements..watch the link below..this guy sure looks terrible..seriously, i wonder how ppl can hate on him..maybe its cuz he doesnt wear the headband anymore? i know..i miss it too.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from OneOnOne. Show OneOnOne's posts

Anyone that can't see RR's value now is blind. KG and Shaq not getting the easy looks they got earlier.  NR is a spot up shooter, not a PG. 

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from gtown07. Show gtown07's posts

Hey Puddinhead...after last nights game aren't you going to make the argument that Daniels should be our point guard? First it was Nate, then Delonte....what about Daniels?

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from puddinpuddin. Show puddinpuddin's posts

Hey Puddinhead...after last nights game aren't you going to make the argument that Daniels should be our point guard? First it was Nate, then Delonte....what about Daniels?
    Posted by gtown07

Care to address the courage issue or will you continue to dance around it?

Pud

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from JamezHill24. Show JamezHill24's posts

courage? Rondo controls a team of Hall Of Famers, and isnt afraid to take control of the ball and distribute it as he seems fit, regardless of whos complaining..lack of courage? really?

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from BaileyPowe. Show BaileyPowe's posts

all tangible evidence points to the lap dog being BS, so now he wants to steer stooge debate towards intangibles.

Sections
Shortcuts