to move up or to move out?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheBigTicket05. Show TheBigTicket05's posts

to move up or to move out?

if we cannot move up to get embiid... then we should move out and get love. 

6th pick, sully, bogans, anthony, bradley and 2016 celts 1strd pick for kevin loves

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from fishers5. Show fishers5's posts

Re: to move up or to move out?

What do you have left??  Rondo goes after this year and besides Oly and Love , bunch of subs ..

Always Right.....at least in my mind

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from kaktug. Show kaktug's posts

Or...trade the 6 to the suns for the 14 and 27. With 14, 17, and 27 we end up with some combination of nurkic, hood, McDermott, Capela, ennis, Napier, Hairston, robinson III. 

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from davidap. Show davidap's posts

In response to kaktug's comment:

Or...trade the 6 to the suns for the 14 and 27. With 14, 17, and 27 we end up with some combination of nurkic, hood, McDermott, Capela, ennis, Napier, Hairston, robinson III. 

I think that's a reasonable plan. I would maybe want a little more from the Suns. A No. 6 pick is substantially better than a 14th pick, and a 27th pick generally isn't worth a whole lot. Maybe make it the No. 6 for the No. 14, the Suns second round pick, and next year's first round Phoenix pick (top-5 protected). The Suns would probably be picking around 17 next year.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from BostonTrollSpanker. Show BostonTrollSpanker's posts

Almost no way to move up....because those teams also want a top player now. 

No one from the Celtics and no journalist has mentioned moving up, there's no realistic way to make that work. 

The options involve: 

- drafting the sixth pick and developing him

or 

- packaging the sixth pick with other asset and players and trading for a veteran like Love - similar to the deal you proposed, though it's hard to imagine Minnesota being too excited about the pu pu platter you mentioned.

There are variations on these two options but those are the two main roads we have to travel on. Moving up isn't an option.

The key is that the trade options involve teams who DON'T have a good pick who want to trade a veteran and get younger. 

None of the teams who have a shot at embid fit that description.

No one is going to say, "Great, we can trade our top pick in the draft for your number six and Brandon Bass and Jeff Green?"

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from billge. Show billge's posts

Belichick would trade that pick 6 for four third round value picks.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from genaro008. Show genaro008's posts

Stay put. I think picks 4 through 8 are all about same talent and draft best fit.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from MitchUnderpants. Show MitchUnderpants's posts

I think 4-6 are as good as 1-3.  But if Phoenix wants to send 14 and 27 for 6?  I'd jump all over that.  At 14 you can get a steal in James Young.  At 17 you get a SF in Warren, in case someone makes a strong offer for Jeff Green.  And at 27, Capela or Napier would be fantastic. 

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from cabutan. Show cabutan's posts

I read somewhere that Utah might end up trading their pick for a veteran. Do we have anyone of their interest?

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from CablesWyndBairn. Show CablesWyndBairn's posts

They either need to trade the pick for Love or an established player or, failing that, trade Rondo and compile more assets. 

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from chris33. Show chris33's posts

F Kevin Love.

He isn't that good.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from CeltsFanInNH. Show CeltsFanInNH's posts

In response to MitchUnderpants' comment:
    [QUOTE]

I think 4-6 are as good as 1-3.  But if Phoenix wants to send 14 and 27 for 6?  I'd jump all over that.  At 14 you can get a steal in James Young.  At 17 you get a SF in Warren, in case someone makes a strong offer for Jeff Green.  And at 27, Capela or Napier would be fantastic. 

[/QUOTE]

I don't Danny put the team in position he did this year to swap a #6 pick for a #14 and a 27. 

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from cabutan. Show cabutan's posts

In response to chris33's comment:
    [QUOTE]

F Kevin Love.

He isn't that good.

[/QUOTE]

+1 am with you. Overrated all over.

Sections
Shortcuts