To the two players who did NOT want to be Celtics

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from upperco1. Show upperco1's posts

Re: To the two players who did NOT want to be Celtics: F-YOU!

In Response to Re: To the two players who did NOT want to be Celtics: F-YOU!:
    In Response to Re: To the two players who did NOT want to be Celtics: F-YOU! : LA losing to OKC is not humiliating. Scoring 75 points against a team with no stars in a close out game is humiliating.
    Posted by Mark from Ct

He's gone and he's not coming back Mary. Losing a boyfriend must be hard but you really need to move on with your life

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from hedleylamarr. Show hedleylamarr's posts

In Response to Re: To the two players who did NOT want to be Celtics: F-YOU! : Sessions NEVER said he is opting out. That was a rumor. Sessions said yesterday that he has no idea where that came from. Point guard Ramon Sessions spoke to the media, including ESPNLosAngeles.com , on Tuesday for the last time this season and he said he wants to stay with the Lakers. "[I] definitely hope to be here," Sessions said. "Hopefully, everything works out. It's not secret I have a player option that I have coming up, so we'll just see what happens. It's nothing I've thought about yet. The season's just [ended], so I'll just take some time off, reflect and go from there." Sessions said he was told during his exit interview with that the team wants him back next season. He also wanted to make it clear that he has not made a decision regarding his $4.55 million player option, which must be exercised by June 20. Several reports have stated that he will opt for free agency. "I don't know where those reports came [from]," he said. Here is more from Brian Kamenetzky and John Hollinger on Sessions' future. -- Nick Borges and Joe Kaiser
    Posted by Mark from Ct

He didn't DENY he said it - he said he didn't know where the reports came from!!  Can't deduce one from the other.  By the way, he'd be CRAZY to opt in - it's only one year, and he'd be one of the lowest paid starting PG's in the league!!  STILL waiting for your admission of the back to back playoff games, which I TOLD YOU would happen this year!!

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from hedleylamarr. Show hedleylamarr's posts

In Response to Re: To the two players who did NOT want to be Celtics: F-YOU! : Sessions NEVER said he is opting out. That was a rumor. Sessions said yesterday that he has no idea where that came from. Point guard Ramon Sessions spoke to the media, including ESPNLosAngeles.com , on Tuesday for the last time this season and he said he wants to stay with the Lakers. "[I] definitely hope to be here," Sessions said. "Hopefully, everything works out. It's not secret I have a player option that I have coming up, so we'll just see what happens. It's nothing I've thought about yet. The season's just [ended], so I'll just take some time off, reflect and go from there." Sessions said he was told during his exit interview with that the team wants him back next season. He also wanted to make it clear that he has not made a decision regarding his $4.55 million player option, which must be exercised by June 20. Several reports have stated that he will opt for free agency. "I don't know where those reports came [from]," he said. Here is more from Brian Kamenetzky and John Hollinger on Sessions' future. -- Nick Borges and Joe Kaiser
    Posted by Mark from Ct

From today's LA TIMES:

Sessions is expected to decline a $4.55-player option next season and become a free agent, but he said it was "100% clear" Kupchak and Brown wanted him back.

"I definitely hope to be here. Hopefully everything works out. ... We'll just see what happens," Sessions said.

He has until June 20 to inform the Lakers of his decision.

When was the last time MarkfromCT was right about something??

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from susan250. Show susan250's posts

the stupidity of jerLame o'neal was the original signing.  for two years with on year hanging over into a new CBA????  it made his number un-tradeable.  if you got a team of doctors together to convene on the topic of jerLame's knees- do you think they would reach a consensus that it's likely he would last TWO years for us?  or even ONE?  how many game sdid he play for us in 2 yrs?  30? it's on danny.  this team should have had a better piece at the 5 and don't even bring up tire patch brian rollins and steamer, while nice for future bench play is not ready.  this is the absolute idiocy of ainge.  he did the same thing with sheed.  offer guys who are RICH beyond their wildest dreams too much time and money to come play for us.
    Posted by aciemvp

Great post and many of us have discussed the bad signing of Jermaine many times.  He didn't really help the Celtics and wasn't healthy most of the time.  He had a couple of good games that I can remember in his 2 years with the Celtics.  At least, Rasheed was a great help in the playoffs.  If we had a decent/good center we would be a much better team  Although, the loss of Chris Wilcox hurt also. 

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Mark from Ct. Show Mark from Ct's posts

In Response to Re: To the two players who did NOT want to be Celtics: F-YOU! : From today's LA TIMES: Sessions is expected to decline a $4.55-player option next season and become a free agent, but he said it was "100% clear" Kupchak and Brown wanted him back. "I definitely hope to be here. Hopefully everything works out. ... We'll just see what happens," Sessions said. He has until June 20 to inform the Lakers of his decision. When was the last time MarkfromCT was right about something??
    Posted by hedleylamarr

dummy, a writer has said that he expects sessions to opt out.
    Sessions has NEVER said that he will opt out.
    Maybe he will, maybe he won't.
    LA wants him back but they want him to opt in.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Mark from Ct. Show Mark from Ct's posts

In Response to Re: To the two players who did NOT want to be Celtics: F-YOU! : Lakers are at $83,794,290, for 9 players (including Sessions option). Lets say the give Hill 23 million of 5 years, thats another 4.6 added per year, so totaling around 88 million. Lakers are going to shed salary like they did this year with Fisher and Odom. I doubt Jim Buss is going to add more salary especially with the new CBA taking into effect.
    Posted by CelticFanLA

The new luxury tax penalties don't take effect until the 2013-14 season.
    LA will most likely keep the amnesty available in case they decide to amnesty Gasol or Kobe a year from now.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from BostonTS. Show BostonTS's posts

The difference between our season and LAs is that we did not have a championship level team, then Bradley came along and made us a huge longshot, now he's out and we're definitely not a championship team. 

The Lakers on the other hand were a championship team but Kobe was unwilling to pass the ball. Must be rough to be a Lakers fan though we don't have any of them anymore in this forum. However, Mark from Ct, if you do run into a true Laker fan sometime you can pass this along: 

Your franchise will not be championship caliber for years so we'd all appreciate it if you joined the rest of the troll contingent who were sensible  enough to move on. 

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from CelticFanLA. Show CelticFanLA's posts

In Response to Re: To the two players who did NOT want to be Celtics: F-YOU! : The new luxury tax penalties don't take effect until the 2013-14 season. LA will most likely keep the amnesty available in case they decide to amnesty Gasol or Kobe a year from now.
    Posted by Mark from Ct

You do know that if you amnesty a player, you still have to pay them right? Thats a lot of money Jimmy B is going to be shelling out!

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from hedleylamarr. Show hedleylamarr's posts

In Response to Re: To the two players who did NOT want to be Celtics: F-YOU! : dummy, a writer has said that he expects sessions to opt out. Sessions has NEVER said that he will opt out. Maybe he will, maybe he won't. LA wants him back but they want him to opt in.
    Posted by Mark from Ct

LINK????  While it MAY be true that Sessions has not said anything, I believe the agent does all the talking.  And you said so yourself (among many things like he would average 13 points and 10 assists EASILY and the NBA doesn't schedule back to back games in the playoffs, period) - LA wants him back, but they want him to opt in!  Of course they do, but they have no control over it.  And my comment has as much validity as yours does (more so after your other comments)

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from hedleylamarr. Show hedleylamarr's posts

In Response to Re: To the two players who did NOT want to be Celtics: F-YOU! : You do know that if you amnesty a player, you still have to pay them right? Thats a lot of money Jimmy B is going to be shelling out!
    Posted by CelticFanLA

Don't worry - he knows everything!!  Don't you know he posted confidently that the NBA NEVER schedules teams to play back to back games in the playoffs??  Of course he was right about that, too..........lol!!

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from DarkFenX89. Show DarkFenX89's posts

Whatever Mark. In the end, the Celtics have a chance to get deep in the playoff for the coming years while the LA Lakers will continue to be the Thunder's, Spur's, and other rising Western teams' b*tch in the near future.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Mark from Ct. Show Mark from Ct's posts

In Response to Re: To the two players who did NOT want to be Celtics: F-YOU! : You do know that if you amnesty a player, you still have to pay them right? Thats a lot of money Jimmy B is going to be shelling out!
    Posted by CelticFanLA

Of course you have to pay them.
    If LA amnesties Gasol or Kobe before the 2013-14 season, they are looking at saving tens of millions in luxury tax savings.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Mark from Ct. Show Mark from Ct's posts

In Response to Re: To the two players who did NOT want to be Celtics: F-YOU! : LINK????  While it MAY be true that Sessions has not said anything, I believe the agent does all the talking.  And you said so yourself (among many things like he would average 13 points and 10 assists EASILY and the NBA doesn't schedule back to back games in the playoffs, period) - LA wants him back, but they want him to opt in!  Of course they do, but they have no control over it.  And my comment has as much validity as yours does (more so after your other comments)
    Posted by hedleylamarr

I copy and pasted earlier in this thread that Sessions said he had no idea where that came from that he said he was opting out because he never said it. Sessions agent doesn't get asked the questions about it, Sessions does and did. If I don't know who Sessions agent is, I doubt you do or have heard him "do all the talking".

Burn.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Mark from Ct. Show Mark from Ct's posts

Whatever Mark. In the end, the Celtics have a chance to get deep in the playoff for the coming years while the LA Lakers will continue to be the Thunder's, Spur's, and other rising Western teams' b*tch in the near future.
    Posted by DarkFenX89

All the years LA loses in the Western Conf. Finals or NBA Finals while Boston didn't make the playoffs or was eliminated early i nthe playoffs, Boston fans say "it's only about the rings".
    So, NOW it's about getting deep into the playoffs even if they have no chance of winning the title? I thought the only thing that matters is the titles?

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Mark from Ct. Show Mark from Ct's posts

The 'what-if' game is obviously pointless... but in addition to the well-known issues in the 80's: 1. Cowens retired 5 years earlier than he had to 2. Max and Bird were hurt in '85 3. Bias DIED 4. McHale played on a broken foot, Walton/Wedman hurt in '87 5. Red passing on McHale trade option (Schrempf/Sam Perkins) and on drafting Tim Hardaway (Michael Smith) in '89. There is the well-know FACT that had Boston played in the west they would have made nine straight NBA finals, LA likely would have had a rough time in the ECF with the '80-'86 Sixers and the '86-'90 Pistons and it would have been Boston with 5 titles and LA with 3.
    Posted by rameakap

Wah Wah Wah.
    You need a nap little ramey.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Mark from Ct. Show Mark from Ct's posts

Who cares about the backup PG you call a starter. Sessions a 15-10 guy? HA! Option or no option Sessions and Blake are not the answers at PG. Pick one to be your backup and trade Gasol for a more athletic PF who fits better with Kobe/Bynum and a STARTER at PG. Bynum is going to have another knee surgery (ho-hum) and proved to be as indifferent, immature and as much of a thug/loser as ever so we'll see how that goes. If you don't Amnesty Metta and hope to get that pre-elbow to Harden first good month since '10 playoffs out of him next season good luck with that, haha.
    Posted by rameakap

Everybody is waiting for Bynum to have another knee injury....that's funny since his last one happened during the 2009-10 season.

LA might trade Gasol for an upgrade at pg.
    I think LA will look at trading Bynum for Howard.
    World Peace will most likely be amnestied if they trade for an upgrade at SF.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Mark from Ct. Show Mark from Ct's posts

In Response to Re: To the two players who did NOT want to be Celtics: F-YOU! : The only thing that matters to me is the titles. I just push the buttons of the trolls with no life who apparently find this site amusing like you when I mention that C's had 3 better years than LA last 5. The joke is on you Mark/Gina as your continued presence here amuses me and humiliates you, even if you attempt to say otherwise, you're a joke. and my higher bball IQ and knowledge of the sport, real facts can shut you up. Of course it does bear mentioning that had Boston and LA switched conferences in the 80's they could also swap the # of titles they each won that decade. Few people could ever argue against that with how difficult the east was and how easy the west was. So that continues to deminish my feelings about LA's '16' titles, just like the 5 won in Minny shouldn't count. It is the same thing as LA fans saying all titles before the '76 merger are less significant than those won now. It is not something you can say about the 70's since the Knicks were just as hard for us to go through as the Bucks were for LA.... and it is not something you can say about the 60's b/c the 2nd-3rd best team '58-'68 was usually the one with wilt on it and we beat him all but one year.
    Posted by rameakap

If If If...
    If this guy didn't kill himslf on blow...
    If we would have checked this guys heart...
    If the referees called a fair game...
    If we weren't the unluckiest team...
    If this player signed with us instead of the team he signed with...
    If we played in another division or conference...

I'm waiting for your to have a full-blown crying meltdown...

This is like taking candy from a baby...

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Mark from Ct. Show Mark from Ct's posts

rame is 30 years old and he is going to act like an expert on the NBA from the 60's and 70's... UGH!!!!!!!!

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Mark from Ct. Show Mark from Ct's posts

Magic would be wise to pass Why wouldn't we consider another knee injury to be possible when he's had like 3-4 by age 24 and his HAVING SURGERY ON HIS KNEE THIS MONTH?? If you amesty Artest and trade Gasol you need to replace starters at THREE positions... Pau isn't going to get you that return.
    Posted by rameakap

Do you not think that trading Gasol will bring back 1 or two starters?
    Maybe he should be traded for Daniels, Bass and a 2nd round pick in 2017...

Artest will only be amnestied if LA acquires another SF.

LA also has an $8.9m trade exception.
    Thanks Jimmy!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from hedleylamarr. Show hedleylamarr's posts

In Response to Re: To the two players who did NOT want to be Celtics: F-YOU! : I copy and pasted earlier in this thread that Sessions said he had no idea where that came from that he said he was opting out because he never said it. Sessions agent doesn't get asked the questions about it, Sessions does and did. If I don't know who Sessions agent is, I doubt you do or have heard him "do all the talking". Burn.
    Posted by Mark from Ct

Congrats you mastered the art of copying and pasting!!  Can coloring inside the lines be far behind?  I copy and pasted TWO articles saying Sessions would PROBABLY opt OUT of his deal.  He has until June 30, and you don't know factually any more than I do.  What I DO know is that he would be nuts to opt IN.  He would be the lowest paid starting PG in the NBA, playing for a team with the most money!!!  Would YOU do that?

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Mark from Ct. Show Mark from Ct's posts

In Response to Re: To the two players who did NOT want to be Celtics: F-YOU! : I said a trade of Gasol would bring back a less talented PF who might fir better with Kobe/Bynum and a starting PG upgrade to Sessions/Blake but I guess you were not concentrating. It was when you said he was going to get you a SF as well that I disagreed. Your trade exception can be used for one player only in a straight swap of someone making 7-12 million. With an owner who will NOT take on more long-term salary what team is going to be GIVING you a starter for nothing but the exception unless it is a guy owed like 25-40 million over the next 2-4 years? again, you stumble and make little sense I would bet my house Danny has a better offseason than 'Jimmy'
    Posted by rameakap

Danny is going to go shopping at the dollar store this off-season and will have no money left next year when all of the good players are on the market. There are more then 10+ teams that will be $10-$30m under the salary cap. Many of these teams will be bidding for the same second/third rate players. (Kaman/McGee/Young/Bass/Green/KG/Ray etc). Plenty of teams with money to spend will mean high prices for these players.

LA can make two trades with one team at the same time and take back a player making up to $8.9m. So, LA could trade Bynum for Howard and take back Jameer Nelson's contract. There are plenty of creative ways to use the $8.9m trade exception. And no, they cannot take back a player making $12m with the trade exception.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from hedleylamarr. Show hedleylamarr's posts

In Response to Re: To the two players who did NOT want to be Celtics: F-YOU! : Everybody is waiting for Bynum to have another knee injury....that's funny since his last one happened during the 2009-10 season. LA might trade Gasol for an upgrade at pg. I think LA will look at trading Bynum for Howard. World Peace will most likely be amnestied if they trade for an upgrade at SF.
    Posted by Mark from Ct

1.  Who, DWill?  Get over yourself.  IF Brooklyn doesn't get DH, you have a shot at DWill.  Otherwise, the team actually gets worse if you trade Gasol.
    2.  DH has publicly said he doesn't want to play for the lakers. ( I know, you said they would LOOK at it)
    3.  Didn't you just say this morning that LA would SAVE its' amnesty provision???  You vacillate a lot,you  know that??

4.  How about Sessions averaging 13 points and 10 assists EASILY this season?  Or the NBA NEVER scheduling back to back games  in the playoffs??

You are a very weak person, who can't admit you're wrong!!  You have been burned by snake, rame and me, yet you still think you are winning.  You are a total joke, and more obtuse than majicmvp, who was presented with FOUR links on the Gasol THEFT from MEM, and still can't admit you wouldn't have Gasol at all if Bynum didnt' get hurt.

Lakers "fans" are the worst!!!

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from Mark from Ct. Show Mark from Ct's posts

In Response to Re: To the two players who did NOT want to be Celtics: F-YOU! : Congrats you mastered the art of copying and pasting!!  Can coloring inside the lines be far behind?  I copy and pasted TWO articles saying Sessions would PROBABLY opt OUT of his deal.  He has until June 30, and you don't know factually any more than I do.  What I DO know is that he would be nuts to opt IN.  He would be the lowest paid starting PG in the NBA, playing for a team with the most money!!!  Would YOU do that?
    Posted by hedleylamarr

So, you believe writers who get paid to write stories and ignore Sessions when HE said that he NEVER said he was opting out. That is odd and sad.

Sessions had a disasterous playoffs this year.
    LA told him that they want him to opt in.
    If he opts out LA might let him walk and he will be looking for a starting job somewhere else. There's not many openings for starting pg's right now.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from hedleylamarr. Show hedleylamarr's posts

In Response to Re: To the two players who did NOT want to be Celtics: F-YOU! : So, you believe writers who get paid to write stories and ignore Sessions when HE said that he NEVER said he was opting out. That is odd and sad. Sessions had a disasterous playoffs this year. LA told him that they want him to opt in. If he opts out LA might let him walk and he will be looking for a starting job somewhere else. There's not many openings for starting pg's right now.
    Posted by Mark from Ct

Again, show me where he SAID that.  Your article says, "I have no idea where that came from."
    THAT is not a denial - could be he trusted someone who leaked it to the press.  Is that NOT a possibility.  Sorry, but based on your track record, I will not believe anything you write unless and until I see  a Ramon Sessions quote saying, "I NEVER SAID THAT."

Can't infer one from the other!!!!

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from Mark from Ct. Show Mark from Ct's posts

In Response to Re: To the two players who did NOT want to be Celtics: F-YOU! : 1.  Who, DWill?  Get over yourself.  IF Brooklyn doesn't get DH, you have a shot at DWill.  Otherwise, the team actually gets worse if you trade Gasol. 2.  DH has publicly said he doesn't want to play for the lakers. ( I know, you said they would LOOK at it) 3.  Didn't you just say this morning that LA would SAVE its' amnesty provision???  You vacillate a lot,you  know that?? 4.  How about Sessions averaging 13 points and 10 assists EASILY this season?  Or the NBA NEVER scheduling back to back games  in the playoffs?? You are a very weak person, who can't admit you're wrong!!  You have been burned by snake, rame and me, yet you still think you are winning.  You are a total joke, and more obtuse than majicmvp, who was presented with FOUR links on the Gasol THEFT from MEM, and still can't admit you wouldn't have Gasol at all if Bynum didnt' get hurt. Lakers "fans" are the worst!!!
    Posted by hedleylamarr

You must be mistaking me for someone else. I realize you talk yourself into a circle.
    I never said LA would have traded for Gasol even if Bynum wasn't hurt.
    I feel and pretty much know that the reason LA traded for Gasol was becasue Bynum went down.
    Hoe do you know LA would get worse if they traded Gasol and didn't get back DWill? Why make such a blanket statement?
    I said LA might save their amnesty provision.
    They might use it on MWP but they might not use it this year.
    There are only 4 players that it could/would be used on now. MWP, Kobe, Gasol, Blake. The amnesty depends on who they trade this off-season. If they trade Gasol and Blake then they will might use it on Metta becasue that only leaves Kobe. But, they can hold onto it in case Kobe has a serious injury. Nobody knows at this point. 

Sections
Shortcuts