To Those who think Ray won Game 7 ?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from SFBostonFan. Show SFBostonFan's posts

To Those who think Ray won Game 7 ?

Common guys we knew that Ray going to the Heat or OKC he was going to perform better than he did with us the last year. With us, other than PP, he was usually double teamed especially since Rondo, not a 3 pt threat, was given many open looks. With OKC, the threats were Durant, Westbrook & Harden at the time so Ray Allen would have been open or one man on him as has happened in Miami as so many previous posters in other threads have said, LeBron, Wade & Bosh needed more coverage & Battier too was not too bad a 3 pt shooter.  In Boston Ray was needed as part of the Big Three to score prolifically. But with the Heat he's frosting on the cake & Heat can win even with his poor defense and single digit scoring.

I agree with many posters...Ray did not win the game but as we know Basketball is a game of momentum & his three 3s in the first half shifted it to Miami.

Go Spurs !!!

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Eldunker. Show Eldunker's posts

Re: To Those who think Ray won Game 7 ?

Ray is a class act and an important contributor to the Heat.  He deserves another ring.

Go Heat !!!

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fields4. Show Fields4's posts

In response to Eldunker's comment:

Ray is a class act and an important contributor to the Heat.  He deserves another ring.

Go Heat !!!

Says the poster with Larry Bird on his avatar! LOL

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

Go Heat !!!

I feel the opposite he has shown no class. Why does deserve another ring? Because he is a frontrunner?  Hopefully the Spurs deny the Heat.  

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from johconn. Show johconn's posts

Ray had a poor series, and I'm a big Ray fan and I loved to see those 3s sink but the guy suffers from not being the top go to guy. Once he gets over that he sparks. He struggles with it. His defense was very worrying.

Nice guy, legend. Happy he's doing well. 

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Karllost. Show Karllost's posts

Ray came up big in the first half when the game was decided.... big time game 7 performance

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Eldunker. Show Eldunker's posts

In response to Fields4's comment:

Go Heat !!!

What does respect for Ray have to do with Larry Bird (who I also respect) or the Heat, who I happen to prefer over the West Spurs.   Rather than blind and immature perocihal emotion, I understand and agree with Ray's decision to leave the Celtics.  Can't blame him or the Heat. Other than the Celtics, the Heat are my second favorite NBA East team.  This "traitor" talk is just jealous myopic immaturity. 

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from cabutan. Show cabutan's posts

Eldunker...Is there such thing as a second favorite basketball team? And in the same conference? Am all about the C's and when they get eliminated, the season shifts to offseason moves. I do put bets on who will win etc etc, but not a second fav...not to me...Ray does not deserve another ring in any case, Lebron has earned it...with no Lebron, your 2nd favorite team would have been out long time ago and Ray would prob have never considered the heat.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Eldunker. Show Eldunker's posts

Is their such a thing as second favorite team?  For me there is.  In all sports, I have teams that I prefer and root for against others.  I have lived in a number of cities... If the Celtics are out of it, I don't stop enjoying the sport and of course I have secondary preferences. 

Maybe Ray doesn't "deserve" another ring, but I hope he gets one, because I admire him and respect him, (as I do Lebron) and logically, I root for him.

Order of my 5 favorite teams in priority:

Celtics, Warriors, Heat, Portland, Knicks 

And 5 least liked teams:

Lakers, Philly, Detroit, Chicago, Nets  

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from BostonTrollSpanker. Show BostonTrollSpanker's posts

Ray was a great Celtic but "class act" doesn't quite sum it all up. He's a bit of a diva as many reports and his own quotes make clear. Nothing wrong with being a diva, but he's one of those guys that fans fall for as a "class act" but behind the scenes he is playing his little resentment and ego games. That's Ray, nothing wrong with that. 

Ray has not played very well for the Heat this year the second half of the season and most of the playoffs. That said, when he was most needed in Game 7 he came up big. 

Besides Lebron having a great game, the key to game 7 for the Heat was: stifling defense (which forced a ton of turnovers), aggressive rebounding (a team effort Ray didn't contribute much to), and Dwayne Wade having his best game of the playoffs and aggressively taking the rock to the hole. Those were the main reasons the Heat won. But: I'd put Ray's early 3s next on the list. He did step up. 

Bottom line: if the Heat win a championship then the signing of Ray was a success for them. If they lose to the Spurs, then we'll see. Will depend on how well Ray plays and how much he plays. Given Tony Parker's speed I could see Chalmers playing a lot more minutes than Ray.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Eldunker. Show Eldunker's posts

In response to BostonTrollSpanker's comment:

Ray was a great Celtic but "class act" doesn't quite sum it all up. He's a bit of a diva as many reports and his own quotes make clear. Nothing wrong with being a diva, but he's one of those guys that fans fall for as a "class act" but behind the scenes he is playing his little resentment and ego games. That's Ray, nothing wrong with that. 

Please give me an example of his Diva behavior (worse than Rondo?) and a source for these negative quotes you mention.  Also curious about how you know of these "behind the scene resentment and ego games???   

And please don't use his response to immature Boston fans because he left for a rival, or his complaints about Rondo, which I understand and sympathize with. It was IMO a logical business and personal decision, especially taking LESS money, which is a relief in today's greedy world of sports.   

Here's one for you from CBS-Boston titled  Ray Allen - A Real Role Model

BOSTON (CBS) – In all likelihood, sometime later tonight in Charlotte, Ray Allen of the Celtics will break Reggie Miller’s longstanding record for the most three-pointers by an NBA player, cementing his stature as the greatest long-distance shooter in basketball history.

And it’s a good opportunity for us to reflect a bit – not only on what an extraordinary athlete Allen is, but what an extraordinary role model he is as a person as well.

For starters, if there’s anyone in the league who matches Allen’s work ethic, I’m not aware of them.  Allen is notorious for his self-discipline, keeping a strict practice and fitnessregimen...

His commitment to team play and responsibility showed in one of his few moments of controversy back in 2004, when he called out Kobe Bryant for being a whiney ball hog, an understatement to say the least.

But his conduct on the court is mostly impeccable. And we also have come to know Allen as a tireless supporter of charitable causes and a devoted son, husband and father.

All in all, while I normally warn kids off of using jocks as role models, Ray Allen is one notably classy exception. 

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Karllost. Show Karllost's posts

Only that imbecile fierce is claiming someone said Ray won the game... in his typical misquote, lying gutless way. Nobody said Ray won the game.  Some feel Rays 3's in the first half had a big  impact on the game with regards to momentum and seperation from the Pacers...

Only fierce wants others to believe what I just posted means Ray won the game. You should know fierce by now..  makes up anything for attention

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fields4. Show Fields4's posts

Go Heat !!!

What does respect for Ray have to do with Larry Bird (who I also respect) or the Heat, who I happen to prefer over the West Spurs.   Rather than blind and immature perocihal emotion, I understand and agree with Ray's decision to leave the Celtics.  Can't blame him or the Heat. Other than the Celtics, the Heat are my second favorite NBA East team.  This "traitor" talk is just jealous myopic immaturity. 

Well, there aren't many Celtics "Go Heat!" fans so it's just interesting why you're rooting for them)

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Eldunker. Show Eldunker's posts

Go Heat !!!

Well, there aren't many Celtics "Go Heat!" fans so it's just interesting why you're rooting for them)

Because I think for myself.  and I lived down there years ago with good friends and memories.  

Sports is pure entertainment for me.  No room for jealousy or hate (with the exception of the Lakers, and anything to do with LA. in general).

15. This post has been removed.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

In response to jackbu's comment:

Go Heat !!!

Yes, Ray is a class act and I guess he made the right decision.  I did think the Celtics would make it past the first round without him.  I guess he was more important to the Celtics then some thought.   Go Ray.

Ray did nothing for the team last year in the playoffs and we had the Heat beat. 

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Gasthoerer. Show Gasthoerer's posts

1. Ray did not "win" game 7. There is no player of the heat who has a shoot for this title, besides maybe James.

2. Ray shot the ball HORRIBBLE in this series, there is no denial. One reason: Indiana is a great defense team and runs everyone of the 3 point line (not only Ray). Just look at the numbers of Cole, Battier and everyone else.

3. Ray came up big when game 7 was on the line, the total numbers don't show it, cause he didn't play much in the second half when the game was already decided. Actually he came big several times this postseason when he was needed. The second bulls game was another example. I've read somewhere at ESPN that only 7 times a heat player not called Lebron scored more than 20 this post season, and 3 times it was Ray.

4. The Pacers defense was just one reason Ray shot terrible. His defense and rebounding was a onother reason. So this quotes are simply WRONG:

... the key to game 7 for the Heat was: stifling defense (which forced a ton of turnovers), aggressive rebounding (a team effort Ray didn't contribute much to), ....  

In response to johconn's comment:

His defense was very worrying.

Truth: Ray had a good rebounding series. Due to limited minutes game 7 was not a great example, still 3 boards for a backup 2 guard is not bad. But in a series where all heat players struggled (Bosh had an average of around 3 (!) boards before game 7) Ray was one of the better rebounders, even leading the team once (with 7). On top: due to the size of the Pacers Allen had a lot of defensive responsibilities:  From playing a fullcourt press on Hill (cause Cole is too small for Hill) to defending the 23 year/6-9 Paul George. Ray was (with James) the best Heat defender on George BY FAR. That gave the Heat the option to put James on West over stretches. Without Ray this would not have been possible cause Wade and Chalmer looked overmatched defending George (Just look at game 6, when Wade was exposed by George). Actually it was sometimes hard to watch, how hyped George is, when he can be shot down over long stretches by an 37 year old Ray (who is slower than a snail).

5. Another point which is not true:

Ray has not played very well for the Heat this year the second half of the season ...

He had a TERRIBLE slump over two month early this year. One of the worst stretches I have ever seen a player from this quality. But at the end of the season, when James, Wade and Bosh were rested, he was great. His scoring and overall game (rebounding,fascilating) was one of the major reason that the heat won so many games over this stretch. I remember one game, when he did it all in the crunch that even fierce (!) gave him credit.

18. This post has been removed.

19. This post has been removed.

20. This post has been removed.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

In response to Fierce34's comment:

Ray averaged 7.1 ppg and shot 30.8% from the field against the Heat.

That's not really lighting it up.

And since the Bucks series, Ray has only scored 10 or more points in 3 of the last 12 games.

Ray is washed up,  I only hope the Heat can't win him another title.  He is a despicable teammate.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from darkman20. Show darkman20's posts

One thing about the Heats I do admire is they truly play as a team, and there leader is unselfish.  It was a team win and Ray played a huge part in it. 

I hate to say it, but they play more like the Big 3 Celtics of Ray Allen, KG and Pierce that won the title in 08, than the Celtic's current fake big 3 of KG, Pierce and ball hog Rondo. 

Congrats to Ray and the Heat for making the finals, and are now only 4 wins from the NBA championship, which will make Ray Allen a Two Time NBA Champion.  Which is way better than 1 ring like something fierce.

23. This post has been removed.

24. This post has been removed.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fields4. Show Fields4's posts

Go Heat !!!

Because I think for myself.  and I lived down there years ago with good friends and memories.  

Sports is pure entertainment for me.  No room for jealousy or hate (with the exception of the Lakers, and anything to do with LA. in general).

Agree.

Sections
Shortcuts